[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how hard is Bloodborne? It looks amazing, I love the aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: buroodbornu.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
buroodbornu.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
So how hard is Bloodborne?

It looks amazing, I love the aesthetic and I also like RPGs. I've never played a Souls game before but I like to think that I'm decent at vidya and a quick learner.

Is it hard for the sake of being hard and absurdly so that it turns cheap? Or is it more "gitgud" and a more rewarding kind of hard where you just have to adapt and learn?
>>
>>318278994
>more "gitgud" and a more rewarding kind of hard where you just have to adapt and learn?
this. go away and buy it
>>
You'll probably find it hard. But its fair.
>>
>>318278994

You can complete it without leveling up, its hard, but fair.
>>
It's cool but incredibly overrated. Definitely get it now that it's cheap.
>>
>>318279137
>>318279239
>>318279343
Nice. So, I'm just wondering in what way is it hard? Is it like, the fighting means you gotta have really quick reflexes? or are there tons of enemies that you'll have to fight in specific ways and memorize these ANd have quick reflexes?

Also should I get the basegame and then DLC later or just get the GOTY version?
>>
>>318279621
Fight the Orphan of Kos and then tell us how you feel.
>>
>>318278994
I've never played a souls game either and picked it up on black Friday. I got my ass handed to me by Father Gascoigne several times but I never really thought it was cheap. The only thing I find annoying is the time it takes to load and run all the way back to places after dying.

So far I've beaten cleric beast, blood starved beast, gatling Hunter guy on top of the tower (fuck this guy I had to wait till he fell off by himself), and vicar Amelia. I summoned the NPC hunters for two of them and beat them pretty easily.
>>
>>318278994
Game is stiff at the beginning due to your character being pretty much a wet paper bag against everything.
One you have the ability to upgrade yourself and your weapons game evens out and then you get armor runes and Weapon gemstones. That's when the game gets piss easy.
I don't see how +15% physical damage increase somehow adds 130 damage on a 200 damage weapon.
>>
In terms of difficulty, it takes the cake among all souls game so far. But rewards risky plays.
>>
File: fluffyhusky1.jpg (173 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
fluffyhusky1.jpg
173 KB, 600x437
>>318279802

>mfw I downed that bitch on ng+ on my second try
>>
>>318280560
I'm still learning about the weapon stat mechanics right now but is it normal to still use the beginner weapon when I'm a few hours into the game (just beat vicar Amelia)? I'm still using the saw cleaver cause it's fast and I've fortified it too but can't help but think I could be using something better.
>>
File: 1447062208197.jpg (10 KB, 249x188) Image search: [Google]
1447062208197.jpg
10 KB, 249x188
Personally I found it easier than the Dark Souls series. Only bosses I've really had a hard time with were 2 side bosses near the end of the playthrough. I really liked it but its much harder to die in this game if you're not a complete idiot than in Dark Souls for example.

The setting and atmosphere is fucking GOAT though, haven't gotten this feeling since Diablo 2
>>
Once you play BB there is no going back to souls. Ever. That said, have a blast.
>>
>>318281045
Make a power ranking for how good the game is between the 4 games (DeS DaS, Das2 bloodbourne
>>
>>318281024
You can literally finish the game with the starter weapons quite easily. The weapons are more of a move set variety than an improvement over each other.

Of course, certain weapons will server better in certain situations which is why it's good to have a side weapon you can switch to (e.g. for crowd control youll want something with a larger attack arc such as the axe)

The saw spear is probably the best starter weapon but personally I liked the axe more. It also really comes down to your build.
>>
>>318281045
That might just be because you are already used to the gameplay.
>>
>>318281151
Nah, DS2 is still 10 times better for PvP.
>>
It's actually pretty easy to finish, with lots of challenging optional content if you're into that. I strongly reccomend the game.
>>
>>318279621
You don't need super fast reflexes but combat is very exciting. Eventually you will learn enemy attack patterns and fighting becomes easier.
>>
>>318279621
You'll need reflexes, but pattern recognition is more important. It's hard because of the boss fights, and they're a lot of fun.
>>
>>318279239
this, it's fair as fuck. i don't find it to be as hard as other souls games. probably because i've always tried to play souls games the way bloodborne was designed to be played. that is, hacky and fast as fuck.

i'm in love with the storyline too. shame that there will likely never be a sequel.
>>
>>318281024
Saw cleaver is pretty well rounded weapon.
I did a Strength Dex run with the great sword.
although I will always do more damage than you i will never be as fast as you.
Many enemies get stunlocked by basic attacks.
the great sword isn't good against those monsters unless I can purely over power them before they get to me. You can just hack at them in stunlock and kill them.
Think about getting the saw spear. Not many enemies take damage to blunt so the saw spear is a great start.
>>
>>318281264
Hard for me to do that because I never played DeS and I haven't actually bothered to go back and finish DkS1 and 2

Based on what I've played though DkS=BB>DkS2. I need to play SoTS at some point I guess
>>
>>318281024
Yeah, use whatever weapon you're comfortable with. Starters are just as viable as anything else, and the Saw Cleaver is actually one of the best weapons in the game due to its speed and bonus damage against beasts.
>>
I think you'll almost have an easier time having not played souls. Bloodborne encourages you to be MUCH more aggressive than souls games do, so it can be a trip going from one game to another. It will be difficult, but it will be fun, and if you're having trouble you can always summon a little help.
>>
>>318281045
I disagree. It's incredibly easy to die in BB if you make a slip up against any enemy, mostly because of how many combos they like to do and how they like to gang up on you. That being said if you're dodge happy and cautious the game becomes pretty easy, especially if you master the parry system.
>>
>>318281045
You should try the DLC. The problem with most main game bosses is their very unactive and will let you heal alot. They also have way tinier movesets. Shit like Rom/ToR are literal jokes. But pretty much everything besides one boss in the DLC has 10-20 long movelists and is active as all hell and will run up on you healing in front of them for free well killing you in 2-3 hits if you're their level.
>>
Asking again if I should go for basegame first then get DLC or just go for GOTY version right away
>>
It's good, but it's no dark souls, it somehow lacks the whimsy and fantasy of previous dark souls games. While the world has been built with such passion and intricacy, It tends to appear more convoluted and forced, one of the best aspects of dark souls was it's preternatural setting and how it built upon that. Bloodbourne tries to replicate this though although it does it parts it forces rather than creates it.
>>
>>318281786
the a.i. in bloodborne are also more difficult to deal with. less standing around and waiting for you to sneak up on them and more actual patrolling. plus there are straight up more enemies it feels. you can easily get mobbed.
>>
>>318281883
Well it's probably cheaper to buy the GOTY version, but personally I'd say to wait to do the DLC until a second playthrough. You're going to want to do more than one playthrough if you like the game anyway.
>>
It's pretty hard at the beginning. Played all the souls games since their release, took me a while to get use to BB.
>>
>>318281786
Man i slaughtered Ludwig/Laurence pretty easily on my new STR/ARC build but fuck it still took me 3 tries on Maria and probably will on Orphan. I'm such a fucking butterfingers when it comes to parrying. I can dodge pretty fucking well since i play action games all the time but any parry mechanic is always a trial for me and makes me nervous as fuck which is why i didn't like MGRR so much.
>>
>>318280367

the update improves the loading times between deaths, not so much the travel between areas though
>>
>>318281997
How is the DLC done? Do you choose it separately from the menu? An additional area in the game unlocked after a completition?

Or does it just add a ton of stuff troughout the entire game?
>>
>>318281924
>convoluted
i couldn't disagree more. i think the storyline in bloodborne is quite straightforward. i still hardly know what the fuck is happening in dark souls.

and really, we should just stop comparing bloodborne to dark souls like that. they're completely different games.
>>
>>318281540

BB2 is pretty much guaranteed at this point anon, DS3 will be the last DS
>>
>>318281786
You're right in that aspect, the enemies are a lot more aggressive and aot faster. There's a lot of quick deaths and I guess that's why you're given so many bloodvials. This especially applies to bosses since a lot of them have at least one 1-hit-kill moves. That being said, The game becomes quite easy if you play it smart though and parrying is very easy to do, even on the last boss(not the real last boss) in his first phase.

One thing I never understood is why everyone though shieldfags would have a hard time. I've almost always gone with a shield in dark souls and I had no trouble. The dodging in this game is so effective that even if there were more shields and better shields it would be easier to just dodge
>>
>>318282113
It unlocks about halfway through the main game and adds a bunch of new content, you access it in-game. I say wait for a second playthrough because having all that content added in is going to throw off your leveling progression, and I think it's best to appreciate the vanilla game and DLC separately anyway.
>>
>>318282164
i guess i never considered that those statements didn't extend to bloodborne. it makes more sense for it to get a sequel anyway, i reckon.
>>
>>318282326
Miyazaki included Bloodborne in the statement where he said that Dark Souls 3 would be wrapping up the series. There's likely no sequel coming.
>>
>>318278994

Main game is good. DLC has das2 tier mobs of enemies.
>>
Its like any Souls game. Once you "learn" an enemy, they become way easier, for the most part. The learning curve for SOME enemies can be miserably high, but thats mostly when it comes to the most bullshit enemies, max layer chalice enemies, and NG+++ enemies.
>>
>>318281826
I do want to, but when I played BB I borrowed a friend's PS4 to do it. I don't plan on getting a PS4 right now since I can't justify it yet and I'm also having to spend a lot on dentist appointments currently but I'm plan to get one next year, maybe in spring, ready for when P5 comes out. The DLC will give me a reason to go through the game again and will give me something to do while waiting for other games.

What area do you need to get to in order to start the DLC by the way? Would it be a smart idea to use my old save that's at the begging of NG+1?
>>
>>318282578
NG+ DLC will tear your ass open, so go for it if you want that. You can access it after beating Amelia.
>>
>>318282432
>DaS2 tier mobs

Well its a good thing BloodBorne is a far faster game to handle them i didn't see a problem whatsoever especially since besides the shitty Ayy boss the mobs didn't interfere with any of the bosses.
>>
>>318282648
Oh, pretty early on then. I'd have to talk to my friend to get my old save but it might be worth a try. At some point but I might just make a new character

I kind of want to make a different build anyway
>>
>>318282578
>>318282648

Depends what the level is honestly. Are you level 100 plus on the character? Because honestly on NG the DLC feels around 75-85 based on the dmg i've taken/done. So if you're like level 110-120 in my experience it scales the same.

NG+ the AI for all the DLC bosses act the same so all it is would be dmg done/dmg taken. But around level 115-120 would be where it becomes the norm.

Anyone saying NG+ is super hard in comparison probably just beat the game ran to Amelia and started it when you didn't level at all to offset the fact its NG+ its not harder because the DLC on any NG is intended to be done near the later parts of the game so you're the proper level.
>>
What level should I start the DLC? Tried at level 50 and it was pretty tough. The giant tentacle faced axe wielding guy was one shotting me if I let him hit me, and his health as only getting trickled down with each hit and run I was doing.
>>
>>318282931
Parry the tentacle fucker. You could stand to get another 10 or so levels before starting the DLC if you want.
>>
>>318282917
I think I got to level 90~ if I remember correctly. I pretty much finished the game and all its side-bosses and then I stopped. I didn't even touch the chalice dungeons or PvP
>>
>>318282931
75-80. Even then bosses will still two shot you but normal enemies should be reasonable and you should be able to do enough damage to bosses where each hit doesn't take just 1/100th of their bar.
>>
>>318278994
The DLC end boss is the first hard boss.
>>
>>318283148
You should be finishing the DLC at level 80, not starting it.
>>
>>318283148
>>318283076
Alright. Main issue I'm having is I wanted to do like a 50/25 strength/arc or arc/strength build for Ayy mode and/or MLGS but it seems I need to farm gems to make it actually work, so I'm kind of hurting for damage right now. Just killed Rom, and main game is easy enough, but the DLC and that fucking crow hunter bastard in the Chapel are tearing my ass apart. Same with lower Pthumera. Everything 1 shots or 2 shots me.
>>
>>318283190
I finished it my first time at 83 so i guess you're right. But i didn't level alot throughout the DLC starting at 78. So if you start around 75-80 you will roughly end about the same since funny enough most bosses don't even pay up as many echoes as NG Rom/ToR.

I did it recently on my level 88 strength build and by god strength is 10x better for the DLC. Ludwig staggers like a bitch and Laurence went down easily. Maria still killed me twice. I'm a butter fingers with the parry what can i say?
>>
>>318278994
>is it more "gitgud" and a more rewarding kind of hard where you just have to adapt and learn?
This.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.