[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do retards on this board agree with Adachi so much? Are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 45
File: 8617.jpg (33 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
8617.jpg
33 KB, 250x290
Why do retards on this board agree with Adachi so much? Are you all really just mad at the world since you're self-obsessed assholes who get nowhere in life and get rejected by every woman you ask out?

His entire argument was "YOU DUMB KIDS DON'T UNDERSTAND ME"
>>
Why are you getting so mad over cartoons m8
>>
>>318274981
Yes
>>
The entire Adachi saga was moral objectivism (Yu and crew) versus moral relativism (Adachi).

Anyone who isn't an edgelord faggot believes in set-in-stone morality, wright and wrong. So yeah, I don't sympathize with Adachi.
>>
It a meme. Adachi was a fucking man child virgin.

>well no girl want my dick, so i will kill them and destroyed the world because i just want to

No wonder /v/ mostly like him
>>
>>318274981
Would you say that no one understand you?
>>
File: adachi smile.png (198 KB, 625x838) Image search: [Google]
adachi smile.png
198 KB, 625x838
I can sympathize with him quite easily. It's not exactly hard to say "fuck everyone else" if you're depressed and/or just lack empathy.
I don't agree with what he did at all, but my worldview does allow him to justify his actions in my eyes.

I just think he's a really fun villain. I never really gave his arguments much thought.
>>
I though Adachi's virginity driven anger was pretty bad, but I do like his character and how he is in P4AU
>>
>>318275479
>moral objectivism
Prove it chump
>>
They're being ironic.

I hope.
>>
>>318274981
He is the only red pilled man in the game, aware of the truth that the kid detectives desperately try to uncover. Without him, they'd never win the game.
>>
>>318275479
IT's moral objectivism stance was literally just "YOU'RE WRONG THOUGH"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tH17Udzjjg

>you will never be as good as Adachi when it comes to dancing
>>
>>318274981
He was my favorite character before I found out about what he did.
I sympathize with him but he is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>318274981
It was a much larger thing that "wowee a woman rejected me", seeing you attempt to reduce his argument to that either shows that you're ignorant or that you actually can't disprove his case as a whole so you reduced it to something that would be easier to attack. There is a flaw in how Adachi was presented because the writing was utter shit, but the idea behind what he was saying is very solid and is not for the likes of you to actually to attempt to overthrow.
>>
File: 1446061649668.png (202 KB, 338x421) Image search: [Google]
1446061649668.png
202 KB, 338x421
>shitposting
>>
>>318276993
How about you tell us instead of dismissing the claims?
>>
>>318274981
>His entire argument was "YOU DUMB KIDS DON'T UNDERSTAND ME"

His argument was basically
>Not everyone is special in life and not everyone has it as good as you assholes. Expecting everyone to achieve their dreams through 'hard work and perseverance' is dumb when you guys are super special kids gifted with super special powers

It rekt the IT so hard they couldn't find a rebuttal except beating him up through brute force.

Didn't justify his murders though.
>>
Adachi wasn't wrong but he did wrong things
>>
File: Nocturne-IsamuNiita.jpg (291 KB, 816x2404) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne-IsamuNiita.jpg
291 KB, 816x2404
>>318274981
Isamu did it way better
>>
It's funny.

He literally did nothing wrong, but people give him shit.
>>
>>318277252
This, to be frank familia
>>
>>318277286
Fuck you asshole I tried to help you you stupid hippopotamus demon asshole
>>
File: redditman.jpg (27 KB, 984x691) Image search: [Google]
redditman.jpg
27 KB, 984x691
>>318274981
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>318274981

Best summary of a majority of /v/irgins I have seen in awhile. Good job, OP.

>>318275645

>Adachi was a fucking man child virgin.

Yep just like /v/

I might add this is what fueled the rage that started goobergate faggotry. The faggots that lead the charge on goobergate were most definitely Adachi's IRL.
>>
>>318277546
Lol I swear this jackoff shit never ends
Put your fucking dick away
>>
>>318277546
>gamersgate
5 guys senpai, and the spearhead was that youtuber whose avatar was some fag in a wig
>>
>>318274981
He was wrong but i think a lot of people can relate to him. He's more realist and understandable than the "good" progragonists.
>>
File: 1448659044815.png (358 KB, 458x600) Image search: [Google]
1448659044815.png
358 KB, 458x600
Adachi is a far better and more interesting character than all of P4's main characters. I imagine that's the reason most people like him, not because he's a supreme gentleman type guy. He's just a nice contrast to all the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP shit the mc's constantly talk about. P4's villains are in general way cooler than the protagonists.
>>
>>318277286
No he didn't. He was a huge baby.

>"Since you were a little late in saving me, I'm gonna act like relying on anybody ever is a bad thing."

I mean, you successfully free him, but he still acts like you fucked up. God, I hated this kid. Not that the chick was any better, mind you.

>>318276896
Au contraire, I'm pretty damn sure I can dance way better than that when drunk, be it on alcohol or atmosphere.

I cosplayed as Adachi a couple of times in the past.

It looked terrible. My face doesn't match his at all.
>>
File: 1445203587104.png (128 KB, 336x464) Image search: [Google]
1445203587104.png
128 KB, 336x464
>>318274981
What he said wasn´t necessarily wrong

The fact that he killed women because they didn´t want to fuck with him and that he also was responsible for every other attempted murder in the game besides the teacher makes it hard to take him serious though

In general he was just a manchild that ruined other peoples life just because his own life sucked

So it should be pretty clear why so many faggots on /v/ could relate to him instead of the successful good looking guy with friends
>>
>>318277810
He didn't kill them though. Their shadows did.
>>
>>318277668
It's because the IT were written really poorly. They had a 6th grader's understanding of the world, but the game bent over backwards to prove that they were right with the whole moral universalism thing.

In a sense, that's why I liked P3 more on a story telling as well since it wasn't afraid to pull any punches.
>>
>>318278020
he did the equivalent of tossing bitches off a bridge, just because the drop didn't kill them doesn't mean he did not cause it
>>
>>318277179
They were able to counter it perfectly by telling Adachi that he was acting like a child.

His world view is more childish than the actual teenagers, and he's supposed to be the adult. He thinks just because his life turned to shit, that's just how life is. He became a detective because he wanted to carry a gun. He had no intention to change his world view or situation because he fell to the same trap most people who think like him end up falling for: complete apathy. He accepted that it's how the world works naturally. The gifted get the goods, and the untalented get shafted. Because he can't look at things objectively
>>
>>318277810
>The fact that he killed women because they didn´t want to fuck with him and that he also was responsible for every other attempted murder in the game besides the teacher makes it hard to take him serious though
I have a feeling that only existed just to make him a designated villain.

Because really, without the whole murdering thing Adachi literally did nothing wrong and his worldview simply could not have been challenged.
>>
File: 1419869645715.png (127 KB, 404x335) Image search: [Google]
1419869645715.png
127 KB, 404x335
>>318278020
Stop posting adachi
>>
>>318278132
No, that's incorrect. They had a way to stay alive, but they succumbed or refused to accept the reality of their condition which resulted in their deaths.

>>318278138
But that is how the world works naturally. If your life fails, there is absolutely nothing you can do. It's the default state of things, only presence of other people makes a difference, and how do you think an adult would feel, having to live his life depending on others to carry him along because they were more fortunate. And what if they decline him?
>>
>>318276896
>DDS will never get a Dancing During Summer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItoY665T0A
>>
>>318278138
That's just them telling him off. Yes, he was throwing a tantrum like a kid, but his worldview was never challenged by them, and certainly not countered.
>>
>>318278060
It's funny. Mitsuo and Adachi were far more interesting than the main characters whom you spend like a hundred hours with. Persona 4 has some broken-ass writing.
>>
>>318278138
>They were able to counter it perfectly by telling Adachi that he was acting like a child.
How is that countering anything? At best it's just an ad hom argument because he's a shitty person, but it doesn't address his ideology.

>He thinks just because his life turned to shit, that's just how life is. He became a detective because he wanted to carry a gun.
Actually, Golden expanded on his backstory and showed that he actually tried really hard to advance in his career. Yeah, he basically wanted to hold a gun, but he also wanted to do good in the world. However, he found that since he did not have the talent for it, people who were born into connections (ie. Yousuke) or people who had innate ability (ie. Yu) simply surpassed him at every turn no matter how much work he put in.

These events through his college years and early career showed him that hard work alone doesn't do jack shit, so his worldviews became warped.

MGS2 actually touched on this as well, with how society constantly teaches you
>WORK HARD AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE ANYTHING YOU WANT
>EVERYONE IS SPECIAL, NO ONE IS WRONG

Are basically lies used to placate the masses and to ensure society's cogs continue to churn without much conflict.
>>
>>318274981
Adachi was all about broken dreams. He just wanted to be a dude with a gun doing cool shit with said gun in the big city. He invested so much into that goal, into becoming a detective, and what happens? He gets sent to bumfuck nowhere to handle mostly mundane shit while his coworkers constantly shit on him, and the entire time he had to eat that big old shit sandwich that was his life with a smile. Eventually he just stopped giving a fuck about working hard and started taking his frustrations out on other people.

Adachi was the antithesis of the IT. Hard work and truth were all meaningless in the face of reality and all its weight.
>>
>>318278459
Now I really want Kojima to make an SMT game
>>
>>318278301
He didn't know that. As far as he knew, being thrown into the TV meant death. You could argue that Yamano's death was an accident, but he definitely had the intent to harm her to begin with, and the intent to kill Saki when he pushed her in.
>>
>>318278301
There are shit tons of things you can do if you aren't completely stupid.

Adachi got as bad as he did because he personally failed. His life was not a matter of "shit happens, that's how life goes". He never tried to change, which caused his life to keep going down the road he went. His situation is his own damn fault. And his natural response to all this is that the people outside who get all the better stuff naturally is to blame. He needs to change the system itself, not his own mentality. It's flawed.
>>
>>318278786
But he did work hard as a kid
>>
>>318278786
>He needs to change the system itself,
The system hasn't changed since the Medieval times. To change it would mean to literally restructure society with a New World Order.

Are you dumb?
>>
>>318278786
Again, you're arguing that Adachi is a shitty person, which is irrelevant. I agree with you on that. It's whether or not his worldview holds any merit we're discussing. So far, you haven't been able to provide any arguments against it other than just "Adachi is bad, therefore his worldview is bad."
>>
File: 1408122478092.jpg (27 KB, 229x315) Image search: [Google]
1408122478092.jpg
27 KB, 229x315
>>318274981
Maybe it's because you just don't understand him.
>>
>>318278783
Except that he did and he would talk about shadows at length later on.

>>318278786
That is conjecture, we don't know enough about what he did to fix his situation to draw a solid conclusion, if Adachi is to be believed, he worked a long and hard time before giving up simply because he lacked things other people had. Talent, connections, luck. And what is the difference between "failing personally" and "shit happens, that's how life goes"? What makes one acceptable and the other not?
>>
>>318278656
You mean Fukushima.

>>318278786
Why do you think so many kids have dreams of becoming astronauts and shit? Why do you think 99% of them end up with typical salaryman jobs that drain their soul?

I can assure you it's not because they didn't try to change the system, but because they simply weren't blessed with ability and luck to do so.
>>
>>318278783
That was all shit he learned after his murders, though. Yamano, Saki, and Mitsuo were the only ones he actually touched. The first two could easily be said to have happened before he learned everything about the other side of the TV. He probably learned about the world while he was fucking with Namatame and the IT.
>>
>>318279354
Woops, this was meant for >>318279052
>>
>>318279143
>90%

You mean 99.99. Perhaps even more than that, but it's semantics. Chosen few make it to the top not because chosen few work hard enough to make it to the top, but because the situation aligns correctly only for the chosen few to make it there. It was exactly what Adachi was trying to say, that people refuse to admit it and do anything about it or just see the world for what it was, indulging in willful ignorance. And if people want to indulge in willful ignorance so much, why not give them a hand and grant them a blessed, ignorant existence?
>>
File: 1448703646431.gif (133 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
1448703646431.gif
133 KB, 150x148
>>318274981
>Why does the board that created the Gamergate movement agree with a guy who thinks sluts should die if they refuse to give sex
>>
haha all these fucking goobergators defending a murderous piece of shit
>>
>>318279528
>>318279556
Jesus fucking christ what is wrong with you autist? No one (but you and some other retards) brought up gg and it doesn't have anything to do with why people agree with some of Adachi's points/think that his worldview isn't necessarily incorrect. Is your life so pitiful that you have to constantly focus on something you hate like an obsessive retard? You're just as bad as you think of them.
>>
>>318279556
>>318279528
>Almost the entire thread admits that Adachi was a piece of shit
>No serious mentions of GG
Fuck off.
>>
>>318277286
He had a better bossfight. Adachi was such a pushover despite being the secret final boss
>>
>>318279872
>Adachi
>Secret Final Boss

What?
>>
>>318279872
Adachi was just the introduction to another fight, anon. Of course he's easy.
Also, you're literally going 4-on-1 on him, and he's just a regular dude with a Persona, like yourself.
>>
>>318279528

adachi was a meme before all that shit though
>>
The only good thing to come out of the clusterfuck of Persona spin-offs was the developement and focus Adchee got in Arena 2. Anyone else agree? It was so much more entertaining than whatever the fuck happened with all that power of friendship garbage.
>>
>>318279872
I killed Noah in a few turns with Freikugel, Pierce and Focus. I really should do a non-phys Demi-fiend run one of these days.
>>
>>318280316
Yeah, that shit breaks the game
>>
>>318280250
I don't understand why he suddenly became so buddy buddy with Yu though
>>
The arguments against him in-game are just NO YOU'RE WRONG. /v/ isn't constantly saying Adachi was right MORALLY, that doing what he did was righteous, the point most people here make are that he is right FACTUALLY in his shit about talent and hard work.
>>
>>318277692
>cosplay
What, a suit? That counts as cosplay?
>>
>>318280470
Bingo.
>>
>>318280456
Well, considering that golden is canon (oh god why) I'd guess that Adachi's social link is canon too, so he had some twisted kind of friendship and cameraderie with Yu. Adding to that, there's the letter from the true ending, which makes it look like he was turned into an even bigger piece of shit by ame-no-sagiri than he would have been anyways.
>>
>>318280456
Cause he's got max social link with Yu. He even thanked Yu for hanging out with him during his max rank event despite thinking he's a dumbass. During P4U2 Adachi is just basically a tsundere.
>>
>>318280604
A suit that looks like his, dyed my hair black, tried (and failed) to style it like his.
Anything can be a cosplay, anon. Dojima cosplays are pretty popular.
>>
>>318280316
That was practically how I killed anything.

It sure was fun getting 25k crits.
>>
File: 1417655738654.webm (2 MB, 634x355) Image search: [Google]
1417655738654.webm
2 MB, 634x355
>>318274981
No one thinks that Adachi was right, they just sympathize with him.

Poor guy tried his hardest to do everything right in life but got fucked over multiple times, and that left him bitter.

That was the whole point if Izanami's game, to spark people with a little power and see what would come of it given different circumstances.

That's the reason Adachi's persona is a corrupted version of the MC's. If things went better for him or if he could muster up the motivation to do more and meet more people he could've ended up just like brotag. But like many people he was just burnt out and bitter, and rightfully so. You are supposed to think that Adachi is wrong, but still sympathize with him.

He says he feels bad about what he did at the end. He probably especially regrets it because it put nanako in danger, when dojima is really his only friend. He probably would have done something to help at that point had it not incriminated him as well. His whole tantrum that he throws is mostly just because he is cornered by the IT.

>>318280250
Adachi in Arena 2 is literally power of friendship though, because in the end he realizes that he had a good friend all along, Dojima.
>>318280456
He wasn't "buddy buddy" he just recognized that the IT was doing the right thing and his mindset changed from when he was the villain before, and recognized that Sho was doing the exact same shit he was before, so he wanted to stop him.

>>318279528
>>318279556
Two of the same replies in less than 20 seconds, Who put the thread in your false flagging skype group? :^)
>they still think dumblr aren't invading the board, regularly falseflagging in every thread.

>>318280604
I've seen some good adachi cosplays, someone post the webum of the one with the cabbage
>>
>>318280816
Reminder that Marie is the canon love interest
>>
>>318280250
>That sick bro-op between Izanagi and Magatsu-Izanagi
Not a fan of P4AU, but damn that shit was hype.
I was also a big fan of Adachi constantly being annoyed by how fucking stupid everyone else was during his story.
>>
>>318278656
Colonel:
The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards
development of convenient half-truths.
Colonel:
Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.
Rose:
Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanly murder other
humans.
Colonel:
Rights of criminals are given more respect than those of their
victims.
Rose:
Although there are people suffering in poverty, huge donations are
made to protect endangered species.
Rose:
Everyone grows up being told the same thing.
Colonel:
Be nice to other people.
Rose:
But beat out the competition!
Colonel:
‘You’re special.’ ‘Believe in yourself and you will succeed.’
Rose:
But it’s obvious from the start that only a few can succeed...
Colonel:
You exercise your right to ‘freedom’ and this is the result.
Colonel:
All a rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt.
The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and
accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and valve systems.
Rose:
Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a
larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever
‘truth’ suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.
Colonel:
The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is
invalidated, but nobody is right.
Rose:
Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being
engulfed in ‘truth’.
Colonel:
‘And this is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.’
>>
File: dindu nuffin.png (186 KB, 370x430) Image search: [Google]
dindu nuffin.png
186 KB, 370x430
>>318274981
>>
>>318280250
Call me edgy, but I have to admit I loved that moment where Sho's trying to intimidate Adachi only to be quietly reminded that Adachi's the one who has actually murdered.
>>
>>318281386
Adachi was the best thing to come out of the Arena games.

Just a shame that they might be trying to turn him into a FRIENDSHIP fag like Yu and co.
>>
File: 1370281029790.gif (372 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1370281029790.gif
372 KB, 200x200
>>318281005
>Implying it's not either Naoto or Rise after DaN
>Naoto is mentioned to come with Yu or is there with him literally every time he goes somewhere, and were apparently regularly spending time together in the city according to Yosuke.

>>318281005
this one? I thought it was a webm too but can only find a gif, I thought I remember seeing a longer one with this guy.
>>
File: 1333341426843.jpg (50 KB, 492x483) Image search: [Google]
1333341426843.jpg
50 KB, 492x483
>>318281626
Meant to reply to >>318281040
>>
File: 1350255223053.png (205 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
1350255223053.png
205 KB, 500x736
Would Adachi still have been evil if he had a qt grill fall for him like Yu Did?
>>
>>318281626
Oh wow, this dude and I apparently used the exact same clothing for our cosplays, right down to the white shirt.
>>
>>318281992
I'd marry fem!Adachi.
>>
>>318277135
Not him but Adachi became the way we see him because he had spent his life dedicated to achieving something through his job. He says he made one mistake and everything he had worked towards was lost and he was sent to the 'boonies', a place he hates, finds boring and believes it's the end of the road for him.

He finds out about the Midnight Channel rumour and believes he's finally been dealt a lucky hand by 'life' as he sees he has some sort of power.

He saw Yamano on the midnight channel and as the rumours claimed you'd see your soul mate he believed she was his. However he wasn't happy that his soul mate was apparently someone who would cheat on you so he went to confront her. She got annoyed at him and questioned his intentions. I don't think it's ever been confirmed but it appears Adachi decided he was going to rape her.

To scare her he was going to push her a bit into the tv but managed to fuck up and accidentally pushed her fully in, something he didn't think was possible. Having powers that allowed him to do that appealed to him as he believed he could alleviate the monotony of his life.

When Yamano ended up dead he decided he'd kill again and saw killing Saki as the best person to target since he had a reason to speak to her and she may have seen something he hadn't that could put him under suspicion. Killed her, stopping any risk of her revealing his involvement, and then convinced Namatame to 'save' the people on tv. When it turned out Yu and the IT were rescuing people form the tv Adachi took delight in the game he had started and made sure that his game would continue, whilst taking pleasure in fucking around with the IT.

The point is Adachi didn't do everything because he was angry at a woman. He hated how he had focused on working towards a goal that he lost because of one mistake and people who had 'talent' (be it actual talent or connections - what were out of his control) got what he had wanted. Continued:
>>
File: 1331702763925.jpg (397 KB, 882x700) Image search: [Google]
1331702763925.jpg
397 KB, 882x700
>>318282065
It's not that hard, it's literally white shirt, black suit, red tie, short black hair.
>>318281992
Adachi would probably be pretty bro tier if he had a qt gf instead of being stuck alone all the time
>>
>>318282268
He had turned away from friends to focus on getting the grades and job he wanted, yet things didn't go to plan. There is actually a similarity between Adachi and Yosuke in that they both went to Inaba without wanting to go there, they both didn't have friends (with Yosuke being despised by many) and they both found it boring. However Yu got to Yosuke, saw his ugly side and effectively saved him from becoming as bitter and hateful as Adachi (without the powers).

Adachi hated how Yu had everything he wanted and more, not only did Yu have the grades - he also had friends and the time to try and catch a serial killer. I don't know why anyone would agree with Adachi's actions but the idea of his character is very realistic and I'm sure many people can relate to someone who worked towards something that fell apart. The difference being Adachi had nothing else whilst others have friends or other commitments.
>>
>Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

That's literally all you need to know about Adachi.
>>
>>318282376
Adach is a pretty attractive guy. I think that if he didn't have such a shitty college life shunning social activities just to study, he wouldn't have been single.
>>
>>318282376
I'm talking more about how his white shirt has the exact same frills as mine did.
>>
>>318282430
Hard work with talent > Hard work without talent > Talent

Adachi's the 2nd one and he's jealous of the 1st one.
>>
File: 1395451825318.png (526 KB, 970x776) Image search: [Google]
1395451825318.png
526 KB, 970x776
>>318282383
>The difference being Adachi had nothing else whilst others have friends or other commitments.
Even this isn't entirely his fault though.

Back during university I had a friend who was very intelligent. What took me an hour to pick up, he mastered in 15 minutes. This alone meant that he had way more time to go to club activities, hang out at the bar, do extracurriculars - basically, form connections with all the right people. Meanwhile, I (and many others), was holed up in the library trying to just get decent grades.

By the time of graduation, I had made Dean's honour roll and that was enough to land me a decent job, but due to all the connections he was able to make, he had like 10 job offers and eventually got into Apple with his vast intellect and charisma.

I didn't exactly end up like Adachi, but it's not hard to see why someone born without any talent wouldn't be able to succeed.
>>
>>318282791
>Hard work without talent > Talent

Not necessarily true, but yes Adachi was jealous of that too.
>>
File: Adachi_reincarnated.gif (2 MB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
Adachi_reincarnated.gif
2 MB, 270x188
>>318274981
Because he's the most interesting character in P4. Not because his motivations were complex or his writing was particularly good, but because P4 didn't have many interesting characters
>>
I'm a very intelligent guy who has shit luck but I didn't let that keep me down. Now I'm successful and happy with lots of friends. Adachi just needed to try hatder
>>
>>318283935
Sounds like you don't have shit luck at all.
>>
>>318283935
Arrogance and hubris.
>>
>>318278060
Now that I think about it, P4 friendship was built on "oh no you saw my deepest darkest secret" while P3 cast initially had a lot of distrust and tension but because they were able to witness the worst personality traits in each other, were able to see the good in one another as well over time. It's a shame that FeMc's slinks and conversations weren't implemented in the original since they felt like a good mix between P3's sometimes cold friendship with P4's bffsforever.
>>
File: Adachi insult.jpg (59 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
Adachi insult.jpg
59 KB, 312x321
I feel like I have the opposite of Adachi's problem. I'm pretty intelligent, at least according to everyone else, but I just can't get motivated to do anything.
I'm in University right now and my grades are above average, despite the fact that I'm only barely paying attention in any of my classes and half-ass most of my assignments.
I feel terrible for the people who legitimately give it their all, yet still perform worse than me. It doesn't seem fair to those people.
>>
>>318283935
>I'm a very intelligent guy
Do you also have a wicked sense of humour?
>>
>>318278301
>They had a way to stay alive, but they succumbed or refused to accept the reality of their condition which resulted in their deaths.
Once the fog lifts in TV World, all shadows go bearserk and kill everything that moves, Teddie tells you that in the beginning.
They had no way to survive.
>>
>>318280470
Two of my more casual normie friends played this game and while they loved the IT, still agreed with what Adachi was saying. There's always someone better than you and if the stars really didn't align for you then there are a ton of people better than you with minimal effort. It's a universal theme for anyone who's ever felt hopeless against the world despite their own efforts.
>>
>>318278459
>but he also wanted to do good in the world. However, he found that since he did not have the talent for it
>These events through his college years and early career showed him that hard work alone doesn't do jack shit, so his worldviews became warped.
Are you quoting the fanfiction that P4GA is to defend him? Soejima himself said Adachi used to be a talented elite detective until he fucked up.
>>
I don't necessarily agree or sympathize with Adachi, but I found it odd how the Investigation team's argument against the things he was saying basically boiled down to "nuh uh, we're right you're wrong."

I can't tell if that's just poor writing on Atlus' part or if there was some deeper meaning there.
>>
>>318282874
>quitting college to learn a trade
>iq higher than average student
Problem solved, I'll also make more/equal money on average.
College is a huge waste if you don't go for something marketable, which I assume you probably did.
>>
>>318285970
>>quitting college to learn a trade
What if you don't want to learn a trade?

>which I assume you probably did.
I'm an Engineer, I'm fine. I'm just explaining the concept of talent to you people.
>>
File: 195724.jpg (27 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
195724.jpg
27 KB, 500x378
>>318275479
>morality is objective.
>>
>>318285674
>if there was some deeper meaning there.
Last time they tried to talk with the "killer", Nanako almost died.

There really was no need to counter what he says because the entire game is there for that, and he wouldn't have listened to IT anyway.
He's supposed to be an example of what happens when you reject bonds and truth. IT just shows that they have grown up and are ready to take their life in their hands instead of just whining that nothing goes the way they want it to go and beat the shit out of him so they can close the case.
>>
>>318274981
When you grow up you will realize adachi was right anon. Also, you have to be over 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>318286957
>The entire game is there for that
If anything, the game proves that he's absolutely right. He's a piece of shit, but his arguments were on point, even if they were presented in a terrible way.
>>
>>318286957
>because the entire game is there for that,
The game basically proved him right though, since the only group of people who got anything done were born with luck/talent and were given a power to do something about the murders.
>>
He makes some valid points, but not points that justify murder.

Also, it's a meme.
>>
>>318287537
S.Links, m8. None of them are special, some of them are straight up shit at what they want to do (like Ayane) but they all change their ways and become happier, even adults.
>>
>>318274981
Or a more elaborate version.
Adachi literally tells you that success is largely dependent on luck. Things like talent and good looks put you way ahead above the rest yet these are things that you can not influence (arguably for good looks). Also, where you are born will have a massive influence at what you will likely be able to achieve. Someone born in some shithole country will never get rich, unless they are extremely lucky. Someone who was born into a rich family will stay that way just due to the fact that person was lucky enough to get the 'succesful parents' perk at birth. Hell, even just your genetics (born with a genetic disease) has a huge influence on where you are going to end.

And don't come up with shit like 'success is different for everyone'. Fuck you, you know exactly what I mean. Face the truth anon, in this life, luck is everything and the only thing adachi got wrong was how he tried to tackle this problem.
>>
>>318287814
>Someone who was born into a rich family will stay that way just due to the fact that person was lucky enough to get the 'succesful parents' perk at birth
That one doesn't really work, it all depends on how they will handle themselves, the wealth once they inherit it and how strict their parents are.
>>
>>318287792
They become happier because they have someone cheering for them now. Adachi didn't have anyone cheering for him. (Presumably not, anyway.)
>>
>>318287792
>None of them are special,
Yu is a gary stu.
Yousuke is the son of a head of a successful franchise.
Yukiko was born into a wealthy family.
Chie is Yukiko's friend.
Rise was born with good looks and a singing voice.

I don't remember Naoto's backstory since she was so forgettable, but only Kanji was really normal and his ending shows anyways.
>>
Unlike the friendship brigade Adachi was actually able to explain his reasoning. This paints him as being far more intelligent than them. All they can do in return is appeal to emotion and call him a criminal, the latter is completely irrelevant. The issue was their viewpoints of reality and their morals. Someone that doesn't understand or agree with true spiritual morals will obviously find Adachi more likeable than the Yu Crew. Especially someone that's critical of other peoples personalities. Yu and his dick riders come off as immature witch hunters at best. Furthermore it's not even like his intentions were evil in the first place. The fact that he actually wanted to ease people's suffering, and tries to do so through telling the party something that he believes will help them more than once is what makes him likeable and should also teach that "Good intentions pave the road to hell". This is very hard to take in if you're the type of critical person that's disgusted by the immaturity the kids display and are therefore more likely to take a side due to emotion JUST LIKE THEM. Someone that isn't judgemental will realize that the friendshitters are technically on the right side of the issue, they're just too unintelligent and/or uneducated to properly explain why, so they rationalize it in the most convenient way. (Criminal! etc) They can be forgiven for this. The fact that you have such a disdain for Adachi shills is proof that you're really no different from the Adachi shills in that you're terribly judgemental of other people. I suggest that you criticize yourself instead, it will lead to personal growth and far less suffering for yourself and others.

I'm a Gnostic Christian by the way.
>>
File: fuck_off_adachi-6762.jpg (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck_off_adachi-6762.jpg
28 KB, 200x200
>tfw you realize Adachi is basically a sjw
His whole philosophy is that other people are privileged and he's a failure so he proceeds to shit up the world.
>>
>>318288178
If I remember correctly, Naoto is from a lineage of famous successful detectives and is a genius child prodigy herself (worked with police before to solve cases, has a gun, etc)
>>
>>318288163
>That one doesn't really work,
It works fine since unless something massive happens, you're almost guaranteed a nice life.

Look at Ivanka Trump, who has access to the best education, resources, and connections a wealthy family can provide.
Or Prince Harry, who has a cushy life despite being a completely worthless piece of shit.
>>
File: 1442333363334.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442333363334.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>all the Adachi apologists

lmao no wonder this board is full of commies
>>
File: 1448772933434.png (5 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1448772933434.png
5 KB, 408x408
Guys

This is happening

OP is back
>>
>>318288176
>He's supposed to be an example of what happens when you reject bonds and truth.
Maybe he would have someone to support him if he hadn't rejected everyone. Even Yu tried to help him and Adachi still rejected him.
>>318288178
There are more characters than just the IT.
Yosuke's father is only a manager of a single Junes in the middle of nowhere, not the entire franchise. He was also hated by everyone.
Having an inn doesn't mean she's all that wealthy.
That doesn't mean much.
She was also bullied before she became an idol, and even when she did she was still all alone.
>>
>>318288916
>There are more characters than just the IT.
And they were all touched by Jesus Narukami.

>Yosuke's father is only a manager of a single Junes in the middle of nowhere,
Still fine in terms of money and doesn't need to be liked by people in Inaba. Still touched by Jesus.

>Having an inn doesn't mean she's all that wealthy.
Wealthy enough to be acknowledged in town, which speaks for itself. Still a big head start over someone coming from the slums. Still touched by Jesus.

>She was also bullied before she became an idol
And then she became an idol due to good genes and luck.

>and even when she did she was still all alone.
Until touched by Jesus.
>>
How would SEES deal with Adachi?
>>
>>318288178
> Kanji was really normal and his ending shows anyways.
His mother owned a sucessful textile shop
>I don't remember Naoto's backstory since she was so forgettable,
You're clinically retarded then since she is objectively best girl. Her family is loaded, they mention that they have a mansion and a servant.
>>
>>318288916
>Maybe he would have someone to support him if he hadn't rejected everyone
No shit.
>>
>>318286560
>engineer
goat if you make sure to do things hands on from time to time.
Nothing like car repair to make you realize "holy shit these fucks never touched a broken car in their life" even for basic matinence
>>
>>318289545
>Her family is loaded, they mention that they have a mansion and a servant.
The fuck? I thought she was just a detective.
>>
If you are born in a 1st world country and die poor, it's your fault.
>>
>>318289521
They wouldn't. They'd never figure out it's him.
>>
>>318288916
>Maybe he would have someone to support him if he hadn't rejected everyone.
Probably. That's not what I'm arguing.
I'm saying that he probably didn't have anyone that tried to reach out to him and help him before it was too late. He had already lost faith in himself and this world.
>>
>>318289443
Adachi was touched by Jesus too.
Just being badtouched won't do much unless you actually accept him and try to change.
>>
>>318289661
During her S-link you meet the family's servant, she also mentions the "Shirogane Estate" several times, she also mentions that the have a huge library in it. The mansion isn't in Inaba, they have another house there aswell.
>>
>>318288916
>Maybe he would have someone to support him if he hadn't rejected everyone.
See
>>318282383

He didn't reject anyone before he got sent to the boondocks, he just didn't have time to form friendships and probably wasn't lucky enough to meet anyone that would reach out to him like Yu. Remember, he spent most of his life studying (presumably because he wasn't intelligent) and kissing ass (because he obviously didn't have connections) and still got fucked over in the end.
>>
>>318289819
Well yeah, that's why Adachi accepted
>MUH BONDS
in Ultimax. Jesus Narukami literally saves lives.
>>
>>318287792
>S.Links
Mc can get perfect grades and fitness and social skills all while making friends with a huge array of random people while solving a murder mystery in a crazy tv land that tries to kill you while also killing enough monsters to get strong enough to progress without burning out in a week. If you know anything about japanese schooling, you know it takes a stupid amount of studying to get perfect or even decent grades. Let's not even get started on fitness and how little real effort you put in. Even disregarding killing monsters and exhausting yourself beyond normal human capacity. Just: Doing very well in school + solving the mystery + being a social butterfly is enough to prove his point.
>>
>>318289521
Their argument would probably be "Everyone deals with shit, you're not the only one who has problems. You just have to deal with the deck that life gives you and find your reason for living." But who knows how Adachi would deal with their argument vs his considering SEES is filled with orphans with dead or deadbeat parents and government conspiracies vs his societal issues
>>
>>318277179
so Adachi was a SJW tumblrina that wanted to Yu checked his privilege?
>>
>>318288431
Yeah she has a stupid number of advantages too
>>
>>318290358
Adachi was /v/.

So I guess you're sort of right, because /v/ is like bizarro SJWs anyways.
>>
>>318274981
I don't agree with him and think he's a fucking faggot
However I think its easier to take his side because his arguments are much better than the IT's
>>
File: 1442595165695.jpg (148 KB, 727x639) Image search: [Google]
1442595165695.jpg
148 KB, 727x639
>>318281172
>>
>>318289881
That's just silly. Naoto sounds like she's the most well off of the IT disregarding Brotag.
>>
File: 1447072860317.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1447072860317.gif
2 MB, 356x200
Beat Golden minutes ago. Feeling pretty empty now.

Harem run?
>>
>>318290279
You forgot about building model kits, holding down three+ part time jobs, fishing at night, making his own bento, and essentially raising an elementary school girl
>>
>>318289894
>He didn't reject anyone before he got sent to the boondocks,
>he just didn't have time to form friendships
That is rejecting
Picking one thing over another
Instead of at least trying to have both (IT even had study sessions together in game), he just rejected other people and focused on studying in solitude
And after he left school/uni, that stopped being an excuse
>>
>>318290695

Basically, he can master something in weeks/months when it may take another person a lifetime to do so.
>>
File: 1448171822176.jpg (17 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448171822176.jpg
17 KB, 640x640
>>318290605
harem run + Adachi ending
you will feel like the biggest piece of shit in the world
>>
>>318290739
>That is rejecting
When you say reject in the context of friendships, I would naturally assume you meant rejecting attempts to reach out to you.

It seems more like no one reached out to Adachi like Yu did and he didn't have time to reach out on his own.

>Instead of at least trying to have both
See: >>318282874
I know several people who didn't have much time for friendships because school was basically a 14 hour / 7 day job for them.
>>
>>318290695
Oh shit, you're right. Just the elementary school girl raising alone should eat up all his spare time.
>>
>>318290814
Clearly he was born with the power to pause a moment of time as long as he needs without aging, that actually makes more sense than mastering dozens of skills in a couple months.
>>
>>318290279
>Mc can get perfect grades
Only with good stats, on which you have to make him work. If you don't, he gets shitty grades.
>If you know anything about japanese schooling, you know it takes a stupid amount of studying to get perfect or even decent grades.
You are forgetting that we're talking about Yaso High, teachers there suck and don't really care.
>and fitness
He's pretty normal in official art and model in P4D. That doesn't take much effirt, just don't eat like a pig.
>>
>>318283935
>just needed to try harder
It's because he tried so hard that he's so bitter and jaded, you dumbass.
>>
>>318291017
>I know several people who didn't have much time for friendships because school was basically a 14 hour / 7 day job for them.
For everyone that isn't a prodigy (that doesn't have a goal) or a future dropout or isn't going for liberal arts.
>>
>>318291468
>just don't eat like a pig
false, I have a friend that eats like a motherfucking pig and he's thin as fuck
bodies are different anon
>inb4 "maybe he eats healthy food"
hahaha, hell no
>>
>>318274981
Remember there are people, breathing the same oxygen as you and I, that believe pic related.
>>
>>318291468
>>318291468
>Only with good stats, on which you have to make him work. If you don't, he gets shitty grades.
Yeah and it takes only a few days out of a couple weeks to get those good stats while doing everything else he wants

>You are forgetting that we're talking about Yaso High, teachers there suck and don't really care.
Still subject to national standards to get into any college in the country

>He's pretty normal in official art and model in P4D. That doesn't take much effirt, just don't eat like a pig.
Since when has character modeling been an accurate depiction of a characters strength in a videogame?
>>
File: 1443639252674.jpg (19 KB, 302x274) Image search: [Google]
1443639252674.jpg
19 KB, 302x274
>>318291836
>b-but he's the villian, he must be wrong by default!
every argument ITT has been countered perfectly
want to join, faggot?
>>
>>318291836
the joker literally only stands for chaos
>>
>>318290695
>You forgot about building model kits,
An optional hobby, you don't even know if he's good at it.
>holding down three+ part time jobs,
He can go whenever he wants, it's not like he spends every evening working.
>fishing at night, making his own bento,
Both take him entire night and he can waste his time fucking up both
>and essentially raising an elementary school girl
Raising how? He doesn't really do anything other than talk with her every now and then. She takes care of herself.
>>
>>318291879
Have you studied in real life? Getting above average grades isn't hard if you put even a small amount of effort into it.
>>
>>318291242
In the time MC was doing all this, Adachi was probably attending 6 hour cram schools at the same age and then going home to study more.
>>
>>318288461
Prince Harry's a bad example, he has his position in his rich family, but he is still ginger.
Also the obligatory illegitimate son joke.
>>
>>318291976
And yet people think he is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>318292110
like who? what could they possibly even agree with without being contrarian
>>
>>318291879
>Yeah and it takes only a few days
Sounds like you haven't played without NG+ in a long time. Even if you try to raise them as fast as possible it takes long as hell.
>Still subject to national standards to get into any college in the country
And teachers at Yaso actually discourage them, many NPCs decide to give up on college, including Funky Student who ended up working at Junes.
>>
>>318292110
his arguments was about how a cazy person like himself was not a weird concept in todays society
he never said "im doing no wrong lol !"

he knew that he was a bad guy and he knew that he was doing bad things, he just wanted to prove that anyone can do bad things aswell
>>
>>318292023
School. In. Japan.
>>
>>318274981
most people on 4chan are edgy sociopath wannabees who think they're tough shit if they can try and relate to the unrelateable. .
>>
>>318292028
I'm sure the developers wanted this contrast to be noticed. It wouldn't be nearly so extreme in real life because in persona it's essentially Videogame character vs real average dude.
Which probably makes it worse.
>>
File: 1427849127500.jpg (48 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1427849127500.jpg
48 KB, 400x300
>>318274981
>Why do retards on this board agree with Adachi so much?

It´s always easier to blame everyone else or just say it was bad luck if you fuck up somewhere in life instead of accepting that it was your own fault

That´s something I noticed that fucking everyone seems to do nowadays

You can´t fix character flaws you have or mistakes you did if you never even realize that you fucked up

Sometimes you really just get unlucky in life and you get fucked, shit like that happens unfortunately and from what I can remember that was also what happened to Adachi, but there´s usually two things you can do in response to that

You can just accept it and either hope for a miracle which will never happen or just slowly wither away in a shitty job

Or you can put in effort and change that shitty situation by yourself in some way, and there´s always a way out in a first world country

Luck plays a big role in everyone´s life, some people just get really fucking lucky and everything they try do works, while for most other people it won´t

But always trying the get the most out of every situation you find yourself in makes a hell of a difference in a time where everyone´s settling for mediocrity
>>
>>318292754
>"I can't relate to it, so anyone who can is just being edgy."
>>
>>318292490
>>Sounds like you haven't played without NG+ in a long time. Even if you try to raise them as fast as possible it takes long as hell.
Relative to any normal effort it's really just a couple days total.
>>And teachers at Yaso actually discourage them, many NPCs decide to give up on college, including Funky Student who ended up working at Junes.
Irrelevant because the main character ignores the teachers and pursues high grades and college on his own
>>
>>318291998
>An optional hobby, you don't even know if he's good at it.
He still was able to put in the time to building 6 plastic models
>He can go whenever he wants, it's not like he spends every evening working.
I'd argue gameplay/story segregation. You can't tell me that Shu's mom hired a tutor who only taught when he felt like it
>Both take him entire night and he can waste his time fucking up both
Still has the ability and time to do so after all the other stuff going on in his life
>Raising how?
Have you never had to babysit or take care of a younger sibling/cousin? It's not like he has to watch over her like a hawk, but it's another factor in his life that he has to think about
>>
File: 1446837043924.jpg (18 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
1446837043924.jpg
18 KB, 299x300
>>318292023
that's japan for you, where 8 is slightly ok
play some japanese rythm games, you won't go to the next song if you haven't cleared the last one with at least a 80
>>
File: you know where it goes.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
you know where it goes.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>318292754
>adhominem
>>
>>318292912
That's deep bro. I also notice that in life.
>>
File: Plastic_Robot_Models_(P4G).jpg (95 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Plastic_Robot_Models_(P4G).jpg
95 KB, 960x544
>>318293000
forgot to attach the image
>>
>>318292912
>>Or you can put in effort and change that shitty situation by yourself in some way, and there´s always a way out in a first world country
>
>Luck plays a big role in everyone´s life, some people just get really fucking lucky and everything they try do works, while for most other people it won´t
>
>But always trying the get the most out of every situation you find yourself in makes a hell of a difference in a time where everyone´s settling for mediocrity

I agree completely, surrendering to unhappiness is the same as dying. The main characters COULD have given this argument, but instead they say "shut up kid" which is why people default to agreeing with Adachi completly.
>>
I liked him in Arena
>>
File: 1416970123731[1].png (67 KB, 232x233) Image search: [Google]
1416970123731[1].png
67 KB, 232x233
>MUH JUST WORLD
>>
>>318292978
>Relative to any normal effort it's really just a couple days total.
Couple days for one rank, maybe.
>Irrelevant because the main character ignores the teachers and pursues high grades and college on his own
Relevant because that means teachers don't care enough to teach them properly, standards are much lower, so getting good grades isn't as difficult.
And you don't even know if he wants to go to college, even in Ultimax where they talk about what their plans for future (and it takes Yosuke two games to decide he wants to go to college) he never talks about it.
>>
>>318293158
it's not like the debated question is unrelated to human character/psychological condition of the player, hardly ad hominem
>>
>>318274981
I felt the same. I was expecting him to have questionable but logical motivations, not Elliot Rodger.
>>
File: 1439654961466.png (315 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
1439654961466.png
315 KB, 500x539
>>318276896
>>
>>318293000
>He still was able to put in the time to building 6 plastic models
Because you made him do it, I think he only has one or two in Arenas and one of them is a Jack Frost.
Still, you don't know if they're well made, putting them together without any effort doesn't take a lot if time.
>I'd argue gameplay/story segregation. You can't tell me that Shu's mom hired a tutor who only taught when he felt like it
That doesn't mean he has three part jobs at once. Shu fires him after you max his S.Link, after Sayoko leaves he has no reason to go there anymore
> It's not like he has to watch over her like a hawk, but it's another factor in his life that he has to think about
That still doesn't take much time or effort. Nanako is responsible and mature for her age, she rarely asks him for anything and he rarely has to do anything with her
>>
File: still going there.jpg (9 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
still going there.jpg
9 KB, 237x213
>>318293647
>it's not like the debated question is unrelated to human character/psychological condition of the player, hardly ad hominem
Ok, so let's look at the post and compare it to the definition of adhominem
>most people on 4chan are edgy sociopath wannabees who think they're tough shit if they can try and relate to the unrelateable

>An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly.

>character (assumed)
>edgey, sociopath, wannabee
>motive (assumed)
>trying to appear tough shit, trying to relate to the unrelateable

That's the two premises of the definition fufilled.
Adhominem
>>
File: 1440626280915.png (298 KB, 702x260) Image search: [Google]
1440626280915.png
298 KB, 702x260
Who's better: Kira or Adachi?
>>
>>318293941
Reminder that Fog is canon and Adachi is literally dreaming about Dancing All Night with Yu in jail
>>
>>318278301
>They had a way to stay alive

That's like saying its not his fault they were gored by a lion after he locked them in the cage because he hid a gun in there.
>>
>>318292912
>Or you can put in effort and change that shitty situation by yourself in some way, and there´s always a way out in a first world country
Disagree.

>>318293479
But yeah, they didn't even TRY to argue. Probably because they were dumb kids who didn't know how to solve anything aside from brute force.
>>
File: Nanako what a twist.jpg (54 KB, 638x697) Image search: [Google]
Nanako what a twist.jpg
54 KB, 638x697
>Game doesn't randomize each playthrough with a different Killer so it is always a surprise
>>
>>318294326
Kira absolutely lost his shit after a little while and started killing innocent people while still claiming he was in the right.

Adachi never really claimed he was right, just that the world was fucked up and he was proving it.

>>318294607
>/v/
>In charge of analogies
>>
File: 1429800519490.png (377 KB, 657x434) Image search: [Google]
1429800519490.png
377 KB, 657x434
>>318293479
>The main characters COULD have given this argument, but instead they say "shut up kid" which is why people default to agreeing with Adachi completly.

Not saying that completly justify´s it cause the writers could have just changed that entire scene, but everyone seems to forget that the IT is a bunch of teens still in highschool while Adachi is a grown man

Working for a few months at a shitty job really got me thinking about my opinion on a lot of things and my outlook on life in general, and I think that for most people it was pretty much the same
>>
>>318278060
This. I hated Yu, the entire game was made to make him look cool. The only time anything remotely bad happens to him is during the crossdressing incident, everything else is made to make him look awesome so self inserters can have their ego stroked.
>>
>>318293624
>Couple days for one rank, maybe.
If he wasn't doing a dozen other things at the same time it is not a leap of logic to assume that's the true time he puts towards it.
>Relevant because that means teachers don't care enough to teach them properly, standards are much lower, so getting good grades isn't as difficult. And you don't even know if he wants to go to college, even in Ultimax where they talk about what their plans for future (and it takes Yosuke two games to decide he wants to go to college) he never talks about it.

I have to concede that the goal of the player is to max every social link and complete everything in the game and that I have to assume the characters motivation for getting perfect grades is to do well in school and (typical of japanese students who try to get perfect grades) go to college
>>
>>318275479
Morals aren't objective you dumb fuck.
>>
>>318294326
Adachi, he's a shit but he's still sane enough to get over himself after losing

Kira is just a psycho with a god complex whose only motive for doing good is to appear as a benevolent god (after a while, at first he wanted to get rid of criminals)
>>
>>318294891
>>318293624
Either way, it's quite ridiculous to state that Yu wasn't an absolutely extraordinary person. He's someone who could become friends with anyone, form connections where there shouldn't be, master things in an extremely short amount of time, is intelligent and charismatic with minimum effort put forth, and is literally blessed with a super special power.

He's a bad example to use as a counter point to Adachi's ideals.
>>
>>318294607
The only reason the MC had a defense against the shadows is because a god gave it to him.
Adachi is equivalently tying them down to a james bond table
>>
File: rorschach1.gif (39 KB, 309x262) Image search: [Google]
rorschach1.gif
39 KB, 309x262
>>318275479
>I am a fucking moron who can only think in absoultes
>If you do not think in absolutes like me you are fucking fag

I bet you agree with this guy too
>>
>>318295427
Who is this guy? Some Watchman character?

Tell me more about him, Anon.
>>
>>318277354
except murder a teenager.
>>
File: koichi dies.png (1 MB, 747x739) Image search: [Google]
koichi dies.png
1 MB, 747x739
>>318294792
>>318295153
wrong kira bozos
>>
>>318294821
>Working for a few months at a shitty job really got me thinking about my opinion on a lot of things and my outlook on life in general
Way to dig something good out of a shit pile, I really appreciate seeing that character, gives me hope. Thanks
>and I think that for most people it was pretty much the same
Welllll, some people are just shitposting and I can't tell if they are truly shitposts or honest opinions
>>
>>318295427

relativity is fucking retarded

if you don't have some set in stone guidelines you're as bad as the nigger sjws with their 'omg i think i am a third gender, so it must be true'
>>
>>318295693
Oh fuck, well in that case that Kira literally had zero philosophical motivation. His whole motive is "I get off on stalking, killing, dismembering people then subjecting their parts to my weird sexual fetish. I really don't want to get caught" So really, that's just a bad comparison altogether. he's clearly worse in every regard.
>>
>>318294870
He got humiliated pretty badly when he tried to crowdsurf but yeah, for the most part it was all about how bitches literally fall in his lap and how he's so awesome he can outthink a prodigy detective.

Why the fuck did the reverse trap think it was a good idea to use herself as bait and yet have no fucking trap? She got captured and tossed into the TV like the rest. Even worse when she's one of the very few in Japan who can conceal carry.
>>
>>318295912
Oh Anon, you and your slippery slope arguments.
>>
>>318295427
Rorschach was right.
>>
>>318295912
Basically this. "I get to use the word nigger but if anyone I dislike uses it I want their lives destroyed" or "I hate black people and I'm black because I identify with their cause man!"
>>
>>318296031
>That spoiler
It's pretty silly when you realize she wouldn't have even known if someone was coming to save her or not.

Can't have someone being smarter than Yu :^)
>>
>>318278301

>but that is how the world works naturally

pretty much what this anon said. it's not about fucking 'working hard and everything will be good'. you have guys like the guy who invented rubber and spent his whole life trying to sell it unsuccessfully, then that viatnamese jackass who made millions off of fucking flappy bird

success is dominated by many things and the individual can control few of them

>circumstance
>genetics
>whether or not you're born into influence
>if you had the opportunity to study
>if your parents gave a shit about bringing you up
>>
What was Adachi right about?
>>
>>318296519
>>>if your parents gave a shit about bringing you up
Rolled a one on that one :^(
>>
>>318296102

how the fuck can you disagree with them if you spout 'muh relativity'

all i'm saying is if you're 6' and you get raped by a midget, you're below midget tier
>>
Because he was a relateable character who went against the idealistic animu crap of the game.
>>318295427
Unlike what that fat anarchist Moore thinks, many people took to Rorschach because he stood against the tide of bullshit. Veidt killed five million random people to 'save' humanity; Rorschach, with the ability, would have killed every fucker who brought the world to the brink.

It's funny, he tried so hard to make Kovacs unlikeable but got upset some people could respect someone who actually stands for something even in the face of death.
>>
>>318297069

oh yeah, i remember watching that movie

that guy was a fucking hero, rip bad ending
>>
>>318290568
Her grandpa also apparently spied on you and wanted you to hook up with her and help her find the fun in being a detective again. He had his servant quiz you to make sure you weren't a pleb and then set his plan into motion.

She also has ded parents so she's best gf material because no annoying inlaws to deal with, and she has the least amount of stuff holding her back from going with you to be together after you leave inaba (something she said she wanted to do at the end of P4.) which is even implied she might actually be doing with some of Yosuke's dialogue in the DaN epilogue

>>318290605
you will feel like the biggest cocksucker come valentines day if you do harem run

>>318296472
She assumed she would be saved because Kanji, Rise, and Yukiko all were saved before her. She also had no way to know that she would be targeted at her house considering that Rise was on the street at the tofu shop, according to kanji's mom, he was outside, and nobody at the inn saw Yukiko in her house the evening she got kidnapped. The evidence at the time seemed to point to the idea that the people were targeted away from their homes and were reported missing when they didn't show up at home, not that they got thrown in a sack at their front door. It's not like any of the houses of the people that got kidnapped had any evidence of a break-in or anything.
>>
File: meme.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>318288317
>a person born into a wealthily family with great genetics has the same chance of success as a person born into a poor family with down syndrome and autism
>>
>>318297681
Is DAN seriously canon? I thought it was just a fun what-if game.
>>
>>318297069
but muh unity, but muh predicted bad future
>>
>>318297719
If you're born in Syria and are a male, you're basically fucked these days. You aren't considered a refugee in most countries and you're probably gonna get drafted by ISIL.
>>
>>318297794
Yes.
>>
File: 1370853686016.jpg (28 KB, 288x389) Image search: [Google]
1370853686016.jpg
28 KB, 288x389
>>318297794
DaN is canon, taking place after the P4G Epilogue. Even the adachi dance DLC is supposed to be a dream that happens while he is waiting in his jail cell or whatever
>>
>>318295912
You made a very shitty argument for your position, objectively speaking

You did not affirmatively make a compelling argument for it, and merely shat out the latest meme drivel that /v/ hates this year in place of anything resembling an argument.

From an objective standpoint, you are a moron with a mindful of shit
>>
>>318274981
how much of a white knight faggot are you?
>>
>>318297981
>being middle easterner in general if you want to live
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.