[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't worry guys, Yamcha's here to save the day by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 19
File: 1444584947391.png (244 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444584947391.png
244 KB, 640x480
Don't worry guys, Yamcha's here to save the day by replacing the protagonist of the last game you played. How fucked is he?
>>
>>318268983
Do you think Yamcha has a higher power level than the girls from Senran Kagura?
>>
File: v.jpg (51 KB, 313x448) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
51 KB, 313x448
>>318268983
WE
>>
File: 1448157762673.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448157762673.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>318268983
>Yamcha was slightly stronger than Son Goku the first time they fought
>at the same age, Son Goku could effortlessly defeat what would be equivalent of a Super Mutant Behemoth
Yamcha would do just fine, especially in a STR-AGI focused build.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 350x493
Suit does all the work.
>>
Yamcha gets to go save Shaun
Pretty sure he could easily rek any nigga in fallout 4
>>
I actually played a ten cent HOG from the Windows 10 sale. MC is a detective, but Yamcha could just break down the puzzle doors. He got lucky.
>>
>XCOM:EW
I send him in as bait in the first terror mission so my snipers can kill the Chryssalids.
>>
yamcha is actually really strong. dbz power creep made him a joke but he would win all those world strongest fighting competitions as long as his friends and/or galaxy destroying enemies didn't also enter.
>>
>Skyrim

I don't think he'll have a problem.
>>
>>318269281
>Yamcha was slightly stronger than Son Goku the first time they fought
No he wasn't. Yamcha was always a bitch in comparison.
>>
File: wat.png (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
15 KB, 200x200
The problem with this is that Yamcha is a weak character by motherfucking DBZ standards.

My boy could still obliterate the entire planet by sneezing too hard. Think about it, Master Roshi blew up the God Damn Moon in the original series, and Yamcha is way stronger than him, even in the very beginning of DBZ.
If you took Yamcha at the end of DBZ we would be a literal god in 95+% of game universes.

Last game I played was either Splatoon or Project Zomboid. Yamcha can move at super sonic speeds and fly, so he'd easily dominate any turf war, and no zombie bite would be strong enough to pierce his skin if his guard was up.

Sorry bros, the whole "Yamcha is a joke" meme is kinda funny, but it's really only appliccable in the show with arguably the most ridiculous power creep in history.

[/autism]
>>
>>318270462
Well, he DID defeat Goku when they first met, but iirc Goku was pretty damn hungry when that happened, and back in those days, hunger was Goku's achilles heel. (plus having his tail grabbed lf course)
>>
File: not a meme guys.png (214 KB, 690x517) Image search: [Google]
not a meme guys.png
214 KB, 690x517
>>318270848
The last protagonist you played as has been replaced with Milhouse.

What happens?
>>
>>318270848
>Yamcha is way stronger than him, even in the very beginning of DBZ.
No, he is stronger than Roshi only at the third Tenkaichi Budokai
>>
>>318271072
You misunderstand. Yamcha was srronger than Roshi at the beginning of Dragon Ball Z. He was WEAKER than Roshi for the majority of plain old Dragon Ball. You follow?
>>
>>318271042
Is it Milhouse from Bartkira? Hohoho
>>
>Dragon Quest Heroes

Yamcha solos
>>
>>318270848
>gets killed by a Saibaman
>>
>>318271190
Oh ok, for me there is only "Dragon Ball", most of the time I forget about the DB/Z thing, sorry
>>
>>318271456
It's ok haha
>>
>>318271392
...Aaargh. You know how unfair that is.
Pathetic little Radditz waltzed into earth and began to singlehandedly rape earth's two most powerful warriors, then a year or so later these two other douches show up and they can GROW RADDITZES FROM THE EARTH, and fucking KRILLIN can oneshot the equivalent of THREE RADDITZES AT ONCE, but he's still a loser.

This fucking show.
>>
File: rogafufuken.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rogafufuken.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
Yamcha is pretty badass tbqf
>>
>>318271737
>Frieza is the Ultimate Big Bad during the entire Namek arc
>Next time he shows up he's supposedly stronger
>Immediately rekt by fucking Trunks, who went back in time to escape a series of fucking androids and Cell, who are ridiculously more powerful than him
It's basically Power Creep: The Show, but it is funny to see just how inflated it got
>>
File: 1420769059687.jpg (341 KB, 697x800) Image search: [Google]
1420769059687.jpg
341 KB, 697x800
>>318271912
Hell yeah he is.
Imagine a spinoff series or an alternate universe where stupid Goku went off to space or something and the show focused on the humans, with Tien as kind of a soft protagonist/leader (only because he was just a little bit stronger than the others) and they continued to have kungfu movie-esque adventures like in the early days.

They would have to actually work together as a team to defeat the big bads, and scientists like Bulma and her dad would be a hell of a lot more useful than they already are. And they could delve deeper into the mystical side of things, like how fascinating Korrin Tower/Kami's lookout was, and they could do that with King Kai maybe. I'm rambling now.

It would be such a better show. Oh my god.
>>
The Saibamen could have wiped out all the humans on the planet if they were ordered to. He's only weak compared to the other Z fighters and so on. You have to remember that if you don't count the Z-fighters, 18 or their enemies, Krillen is literally the strongest on the planet, Tien being the second and Yamcha being the third.
>>
>>318272347
Yeah. It gets to the point where you can't even try to take it seriously after the Frieza saga, in my opinion haha
>>
>>318269156
WUZ
>>
>>318271456
>dragon ball hispter
jesus end yourself.
>>
>>318272543
Revival of F fucked up power levels to the max. I mean, Picolo had a little bit of trouble with that red bull guy when Picolo himself at this point should be 20x stronger than Frieza's final form during namek saga. This means that red bull guy and hundreds of men Frieza brought were literally stronger than Frieza was during namek saga just because they were able to last that long. It's so stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (417 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417 KB, 1600x1200
>>318272391
>we will never get a show where Tien has to defend the earth after the saiyans are out of commission
>>
>Assault Android Cactus
He should be fine. I can't think of many games where he would be fucked, supreme commander perhaps.
>>
Beyond Two Souls PS4.

I'd say it would be pretty sweet. Would make the game 9/10.
>>
>>318272773
Oh it's INCREDIBLY stupid. Not to mention Goku getting killed by a weak-ass side arm because his guard was down. Remember how in one of the first episodes of Dragon Ball, some frightened villager gets the jump on Goku and breaks an axe on top of his head?

By the new logic, that axe should cleaved right into his skull and killed him. So retarded. I've recently been hearing about how Toriyama literally gives zero fucks about his own IP. How he'll forget entire characters, like Launch, even exist and just stop writing them in the show. He even forgot that SAIYANS HAVE TAILS, which is why Goten and Trunks were born without them.

I've not even watched a single episode of DB Super, because it's hard for me to pay attention to something that the creator clearly doesn't care about. (plus the animation looks worse than it did in the late 70s/early 80s, explain that)
>>
File: Sufferingspongebog.jpg (63 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
Sufferingspongebog.jpg
63 KB, 706x706
>They didn't even bother to go pick up Yamcha for the fight with the grunts
>>
>Fallout: New Vegas
Honestly Yamcha is probably the strongest guy around for once in his life. At the very least, he'd be very capable of surviving considering the shit he's been through compared to the shit the Wasteland will through at him.
Unless he fights, like, seven powder gangers.
>>
>>318272543
> haha

Is this Anon baiting or does Sunday /v/ attract Christians?
>>
>>318272773
well I guess it could make sense if you just toss all the non-canon power level stuff out the window. Was it ever explicitly stated that Mecha Freeza was stronger or even on par with Final Form Freeza at 100%? If not, maybe Trunks isn't as strong as Freeza was on Namek. That would mean the Androids (who are stronger than Trunks), first form Cell (who is stronger than the Androids), and Piccolo (who is about on par with a weakened first form Cell) are weaker than we'd think.
>>
File: crying-indian.jpg (15 KB, 279x346) Image search: [Google]
crying-indian.jpg
15 KB, 279x346
>>318272976
Just like Roshi would've wanted. He saw potential in HIM to be his successor, not Goku. My soul weeps for what could've been.
>>
>Pokemon Omega Ruby
He'll do fine if he isn't a complete retard.
>>
>>318273487
...lol I guess? Listen man, I'm almost 30 now and my stupid job keeps me reay busy, so I don't keep up with internet culture like I used to. I just went to 4chan for old time's sake and saw a thread discussing a show I have a lot of nostalgia for, and Iet some lame (I guess) phrase slip out. Pardon my ignorance.
>>
>>318273779

I'll respect that, normie.
>>
>>318273779
Kek has replaced lol here, for now.
>>
>>318273493
Bruh. Piccolo fought on even terms with Android 17, who could've effortlessly defeated Super Saiyan Vegeta at the time. Piccolo was WAY stronger than Frieza by that point. There's no contesting it.
>>
>>318268983
>FFTA2
It'd be a welcome change. Luso grinds my gears
>>
>>318273497
Roshi can piss right off then because everyone he loves would be dead a thousand times over if a human was in charge
>>
>>318274119
Piccollo was only stronger because of how gay he was. The nigga had two men inside of him at the time.
>>
>>318273862
>>318274007
>>
>>318274119
maybe SSJ Vegeta isn't stronger than 100% Namek Freeza. I mean SSJ Goku struggled with Freeza, why not Vegeta?
>>
>>318272543
>>318273779
Fuck off back to reddit bruh
>...lol I guess?
>my stupid job keeps me reay busy
>my stupid job keeps me reay busy
>Pardon my ignorance.
No
you dont belong here
fuck off
>>
>>318274259
nope you chose to leave.
>>
>>318274184
Doubtful.

Raditz would have never come to Earth had it not been for Goku.
By proxy, Vegeta and Nappa woulnd't have learned of the Dragon Balls and not come to Earth.
Because of this, Freiza would have never come to Earth for revenge.
The Red Ribbon Army wouldn't have been as big an issue with Roshi going around stomping things.
This leads to Cell not being as strong due to no Saiyan cells in them.
As a result, the hardest opponents in the series would be 17 and 18 -- 16 wouldn't exist due to no Goku -- and Dabura. After Dabura is defeated, Roshi, Tien and co wouldn't waste time dicking around getting controlled by Majin and Buu wouldn't come out.

Literally, Goku was the worst thing to happen to Earth.
>>
File: 369680.jpg (21 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
369680.jpg
21 KB, 350x197
>>318274383
>tfw I've never even been to reddit

There are more worthy things to mad about, son.
>>
File: 1447706877680.png (428 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1447706877680.png
428 KB, 1200x800
>>318274259
>image macro
>for ants
>with a weknowmemes watermark
Grandpa please don't forget to take your heart medicine. Yes grandpa I would love to hear more of your 'Nam stories.
>>
>>318274281
>I mean SSJ Goku struggled with Frieza

No he didn't. He beat Frieza's ass. In the manga.
>>
>>318268983

>Ocarina of Time

This is going to go all kinds of wrong before he even gets out of kokiri forest.
>>
>>318274546
Not even mad trying to help both of us.
>You need someplace where people will feed you validation when you are bored.
>I need a board free of people like you

Reddit man they will be nice to you
>>
>>318274479
>Dabura is defeated

And who is, uh, going to be the one to kill him?
>>
>>318274479
I'm the guy the "Roshi can piss right off dude" responded to, and I approve this message.
>>
>>318274640
he beat Freeza's ass until Freeza powered up. Then they fought to a standstill until Freeza started bleeding energy
>>
File: Yajirobe4.jpg (21 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
Yajirobe4.jpg
21 KB, 479x359
>>318274730
Yajirobe.

Obviously.
>>
>>318274730
Do you think Piccolo, Kami, Tien, Yamcha, Krillin and Roshi would go in one at a time?
>>
>>318268983
>bloodborne
>he can fly

gg ez
>>
>>318274550
God damn it I lol'd. Kek'd I mean.
I'm gettin my ass kicked over here and it's crackin' me up.
Damn it -_-
>>
>>318274865
These are some Nappa-subjugation-force ass fighters you got there.
>>
>>318274814
They didn't fight in a standstill. Gold Frieza was shown to be stronger than both God Goku and God Vageta combined, based on how easily he wiped the floor with god Goku. It was even explained in the movie tht the only reason why Gold Frieza started getting weaker was because he didn't take the time to master the form and as a result he was losing ki and the energy to keep it going, like SS3 Goku during the Buu saga. If Frieza had taken just one more month or two weeks to stabilize the form he would have killed everyone there (not counting Beerus and Whis).
>>
>>318274865
Considering that has happened in literally every fight in the series then yes.
>>
>>318272705
Calm down, anon, some countries actually aired Dragonball before Dragonball Z. Also, there are actually people who read the manga first.
>>
>>318274865
Dabura can hang around on SSJ2 Gohan. He'd fart and kill all those guys accidentally
>>
File: SHODN.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
SHODN.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Tutorial failed
>>
>>318273493
The scientist who were fixing up Frieza told King Cold that Frieza would be stronger due to the enhancements being made by the top of the line scientists. Another thing to note is that the androids were just humans made cyborgs jut like Frieza and gained such an extreme power boost just from the tech. It would make perfect sense that Frieza was stronger, even if just by a little bit. I've seem a lot of people question trunks not being strong at all when he killed Mecha Frieza just because they refuse to accept that he made short work of Frieza so easily. It's just the power creep at work. Krillen right now, goten and kid trunks should be able to handle namek saga Frieza, not easily but they should be on par with him at this point. Literally every revalent Z fighter right now should be on par with Frieza or at least be able to give him a challenge right now.
>>
>>318275030
the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about Namek, not BoG
>>
>>318274998
Well, remember this is Toriyama we're talkin' about here, he would've wrote the show differently if Goku was absent. I'm pretty sure the show would be improved because of the whole "Living, Breathing Deus Ex Machina" being out of the picture.
>>
>>318275125
Another thing that annoyed me is that he made it so Frieza only needed 6 months worth of training to become stronger than all of the Z fighters combined in their strongest forms (yea, I'm including god Goku and Vegeta). He literally whooped Goku with ease and only lose because he was gradually losing ki and energy to maintain the form because he ran to earth the moment he unlocked it. If Frieza would have taken one more month just to stabilize the gold from, he could literally take out every single character that isn't whiz or Beerus by himself. This also means that just two or three years worth of training means that he can surpass Beerus and Whis with ease.

Power levels were always bullshit but this movie LITERALLY FUCKED them up. Any new form obtained by anyone from now on means nothing because of there now existing characters who can surpasse 10 years worth of battles and training (Goku from Frieza Saga to Buu Saga to god) in just 6 months. Goku could get ss3 god right now and it would mean nothing because Frieza would now only need two to three months worth of training to pass that.

By the way, remember how Roshi just became as strong as Picolo than Gohan in that movie just cuz? Yeah, fuck that.
>>
>>318274998
Nappa at best only fought a 2v1 -- Piccollo and Krillin -- every other time it was a 1v1 in an attempt to stall for time. Had it been a 3v1 with Gohan actually doing his fucking job, they could have killed or otherwise seriously wounded Nappa.
>>
>>318275181
>using "remember" and "Toriyama" in one sentence
Hah.
>>
>>318275125
nah doesn't make much sense because it'd imply that the minions Freeza brought to earth in BoG were stronger than Freeza during the Namek saga.

Krillin would never be able to handle Freeza, even knowing what we knew before BoG. 18 could, Krillin would've gotten curbstomped. Krillin has no feats.
>>
>>318275083
Dragonball was maxed before DBZ so of course it would air EVERYWHERE before Z did. There's also the fact that Z is the sequel manga to Ball so where are you going with telling us that you read it first?

I'm not the same guy but you just made it painfully obvious tht you were trying to be a Dragonball "hipster", got called out for it, and are now asspullinf excuses that are completely invalid.
>>
>>318274814

No they didn't. Read the manga.
>>
>>318275301
I see what you did there
And I liked it
>>
>>318275521
In the manga's original run there was no 'Z'. It was simply called 'Dragonball' all the way through.
>>
>>318274865

They'd still get fucked because they wouldn't be anywhere near strong enough. If Goku didn't exist, King Piccolo would have fucked everyone. Tien would still be an asshole. Kami would be sealed.Yamcha, Krillin, and Roshi are irrelevant.
>>
>>318275383
Krillen trained for an entire year with everyone else when they were preparing for the androids. He may not have feeds but Tien himself once said that Krillin was the strongest human on earth, and Tien was able to hold down Semi-Perfect cell, who was already 25x stronger than Frieza. Again. Its just the power creep at work. Maybe saying Krillen would be able to handle Frieza was a bit much but I'm sure Krillin should be able to put up a good fight at this point before losing, rather than being fodder like before.
>>
>>318275521
>There's also the fact that Z is the sequel manga to Ball

I've heard some dumb ass shit.
>>
>>318275537
Yes they did, I did read the manga
>>
how strong would cell saga yancha would be in warcraft world?
>>
>>318275521
I am not the same guy either. I did not even read the manga first. I am just saying some people saw Dragonball before Dragonball Z since I think in the USA that is not so usual.

And there is no manga called Dragonball Z. The manga Dragonball has 519 chapters, Raditz appears in chapter 195.
>>
File: WC3.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WC3.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
>>318268983
Who is the protagonist of the WC3 campaign? Illidan is the only one in all 3 campaigns so let's say it's him. Definitely prevents that punk from taking the Frozen Throne, Yamcha is stupid powerful in pretty much all universes.
>>
>>318275658
What he just said there is true guys.
But that's a serious bubble you're living in to not have the whole "Z" thing retroactively drilled into your head due to literally EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET using that terminology when they discuss the show
>>
>>318275842
My mistake then. My point still stands though. For no reason he tried to show off how he only knows it as Dragonball because he read the manga when nobody asked at all. It's like saying you only knew a band by their original name because you backed them when they first started. It's hipster shit.
>>
>>318272426
Idiot.
Tien>Krillin>Yamcha
>>
>>318275795

No. You clearly didn't. Point out one single time where Frieza scratched Goku. He hits him with a telekinetic attack, grabs him, they do their beam struggle, the dragon is summoned, and Frieza gets his ass beat. There was no "even fight". Their battle at Frieza's 100% lasts a chapter and a half with before Goku decides "peace, I'm out". Stop talking out your ass.
>>
>>318270848
Oh hi yamcha
>>
>>318273295
>I've not even watched a single episode of DB Super
>But the animation is shit
Retard.
>>
File: no.gif (628 KB, 301x199) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
628 KB, 301x199
>>318268983
quick! do you think Yamcha can beat [extreme] Metallic Archaea?
>>
>>318276169
I like the anime version of their fight better, because having them land a ton of hits on each other made the fight more dramatic. It lasted too long though.
>>
>>318275805
Yamcha would be a God, legends would be made of his impossible fast speed, insane strength, and his ability of just outright nuke entire armies left and right.
>>
>>318275768
Some anon on /a/ put it best once, the problem with Dragonball Z power creep is not the power creep of the single characters, but the power creep of the group. When some certain "level" is reached, like a new form, all the weaklings like Yamcha and Krillin jump up to a new level aswell even if they did not train/did not have that much of a potential in the beginning.

>>318276010
If you follow the conversation up there he did not bring it up for no reason, he brought it up to explain a misunderstanding.

>>318276082
I'd like to say that Tien is stronger than Krillin because of how Tien could somewhat survive Buu for some time, while Krillin was one-shotted. But Tien never actually fought Buu, he just deflected an energy attack to the side with a much weaker energy attack and then got one-shotted (albeit not killed) by Buu's legs.
Krillin's one-shot was magic though, so you can't really compare the two.

The point however is that Tenshinhan appears stronger due to his defeat being just that, his defeat, while Krillin's death was just a part of the event "Buu kills some scrubs". Tenshinhan seems to be the more important and thus stronger character.
Also, he was probably training all those years while Krillin settled down.
>>
>>318276476
Frieza was the biggest problem with power creep. Going from hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions was absolutely stupid. The difference between Frieza's base and ultimate form is like the difference between Frieza and Buu, Frieza fucked it all up.
>>
>>318276335
I knew someone would say something like this.

Youtube clips are a thing, bruh, I've seen a fair bit of those. Not to mention the endless buzz that one episode caused on the internet. The one where Goku goes SS3 to fight Beerus on King Kai's planet, you should know what what I'm talking about.

I've seen/heard enough to know there are shows more worth my time to watch. I'll be perfectly content to read about the highlights with mild interest.
>>
File: file.png (464 KB, 589x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
464 KB, 589x720
Fine, great actually
>>
>>318276348

You can like whatever version you want. Just don't pretend you "read the manga" when you didn't. It's not even like you can misremember; Frieza powering up to Frieza getting cut in half are 3 chapters long. Shit was short and there was barely a fight to speak of. If anything, Frieza powering up to 100% was only meant to show just how far beyond Goku was.
>>
>>318276565
I don't think Frieze had hundreds of millions.

His base form was 500k I think, his second form doubled that to a million, each other form doubled that with his final form (at 50%) being 4 million and then at 100% 8 million.
>>
>>318273295
>plus the animation looks worse than it did in the late 70s/early 80s, explain that

Toei.

Wow, that was easy.
>>
>>318276772
Oh my bad dude I wasn't the same poster, should've clarified that. I was just throwing it out there that from a storytelling standpoint, having their fight be more dramatic was a more satisfying experience is all.
>>
>>318276832
His second form was a million. His third form more again. His fourth more again. Then remember how he said he only used 2% of his power?

So he increased it from a million twice and then multiplied by 50.
>>
>>318276969
Really? I can't remember it that well, been like two years since I read it the last time.

Really, all those numbers in my head just turn into "I have gotten stronger than you." If they were never introduced it would be much easier to take the post-Frieza stuff of Dragonball seriously.

But then again they were kinda necessary, because Saiya-jins were supposed to be introduced as that warrior folk from space that is all about fighting and seperating children at birth depending on how strong they were, so Toriyama needed to introduce some strength measurement fuckery to show that they liked fighting that much that even their technology is all about fighting - and obviously other space races would need those things aswell. Toriyama simply didn't look far ahead enough when inventing scouters.
>>
>>318276082
>>318276476
I'm just going by what one of the characters said during the GUI Saga. I think it was either Yamcha or Tien who said that Krillin was the strong of the earthlings, or something like that. We can always take this with a grain of salt though but I honestly don't see the point of either of them just bringing it up for no reason. Looks more like a power level establishment for the human chars.

Another reason why I dont automatically put Tien ahead of Krillin is because of the fact that the argument for him being stronger is usually always pointed to him being able to shut down Cell with his tri-beam for a little bit.

tri-beam makes a hole because it incinerates anything. Cell wasnt incinerated, but lucky enough the blast still pushed Cell, trapping him in the hole. it was the perfect thechnique for slowing someone, but did no damage. Krillin nearly killed Frieza with a Destructo Disk. Krillin clearly didnt hold a candle to Frieza, but that disk was the perfect ttack had it landed. The destructo disk nearly killing Frieza has no implication in Krillien's strenght, just like how Tien stalling Cell in the hole of a tri-beam doesnt represent Tien's strenght. (Krillin's failed destructo disk on Cell was filler)

I'd say they were pretty even if not for what one of them said during the buu saga. You're meeting of Tien lasting longer with Buu does make sense but characters are always fodderdized like this to make the Villian look stronger. Gotham was jobbed in F to make Frieza look like a big deal because he was supposed to be the strongest after Goku.

On a completely unrelated note. Shouldn't 18 be weaker at now, even just a bit? The only thing that made the androids so dangerous besides power level was that they had infinite energy and did not get tired. For example, picolo was evenly matched but started to lose because he was running out of energy while 17 was continuesly generating more. What do you think?
>>
>>318268983
Considering that he trained with King Kai I'd say he's one of the strongest humans in the entire dbz universe, probably just weaker than Krillin and Tenshinhan.
So I'd say he can deal with Shovel Knight just well.
>>
>>318277690

Well, there is Uub, but that is a gray area.
>>
>>318276832
Its impossible for Freeza' bp to not be insanely huge.

Base Goku is stronger than Piccolo (1.000.000+) and stronger than Vegeta that is stronger than Piccolo and Freeza third form.

So lets say Freeza 3rd is double his over a million 2nd, he would be somewhere around 2.000.000, lets say Freeza 4th also adds a million, and so he is 3.000.000, Goku can fight on par with him and even if you say Freeza was playing with him and not using his full 3.000.000, Vegeta and Piccolo are amazed at Goku power so he is no way weaker than Vegeta (Vegeta > Freeza 3rd).

That puts Goku at a bare minimum 2.000.000+, he can kaioken x20, that puts him at 40 million+, and that is equal to Freeza 50%, so Freeza full power is 80 million+ at a minimum in this case and SSJ Goku even stronger.

Goku Kaioken forces Freeza to be insanely stronger in his Fourth Form, he has to be, else Goku just destroys him.
>>
>>318269723
Great now i want to do an XCOM playthrough using dragonball characters for my soldier names.
>>
> violated heroine
He was made for it.
>>
>>318277545
About the Kienzan, I am not sure at what point it is established, but that thing can cut literally everything. It is not really related to the strength of the user, it is the nature of the attack. I don't know why everyone then just spams Kienzans all the time (many characters can use them), but this can be explained with either characters being exactly that, characters, that have their own personality and using just the stuff that is their style (Goku would not want to one-shot opponents that could put up a good fight), or Kienzans simply being too slow later on to be viable.

Another argument often used is that during his first appearance Tenshinhan was as strong as Goku, while Krillin was always hopelessly outclassed. But the same applies to Yajirobe, so there is that.
>>
I still think its insanely stupid that Frieza was able to exceed all the Z fighters and their TEN YEARS worth of training, new forms, fusions and battles (all those saiyan near death boosts too) with just 6 months worth of training.

Let's be real here, guys, this is worse than GT tier of fuckery.
>>
>>318268983

Kefka poisons him and he dies
>>
>>318268983
>Spelunky
I think Yamcha will do just fine. He's more durable and can fly, shoot energy beams, and dodge bullets.
>>
>>318269281
>>318270462
>>318271016
Goku didn't even have any sort of martial arts training yet.
>>
>>318271042
>mgsv
>punished milhouse running around the desert kidnapping ruskies
>bart hangs out on motherbase all day eating burgers
>Lisa is fucked in the head
>revolver Nelson
>Santa's little helper comes on the occasional mission

10/10 would play
>>
>>318274550
>tfw I did something like that image when I was younger

Also, reminder: Emerald was released 10 years ago.
>>
>>318278589
> I don't know why everyone then just spams Kienzans all the time

Because the big bads started having the regen gimmick.
>>
>>318278652

I think it's stupid Goku went from 90k to a couple mil by taking a bath for 45 minutes but you learn to deal with it.
>>
>>318279087
Not true. Goku mentions early on that "Grandpa Gohan (a very accomplished martial artist) taught me Kung Fu." Some of the very first shots in the show are of Goku doing kung fu poses in the mountains.
>>
>>318279565
Zenkai is a hell of a drug nigga
>>
>>318279474
Yeah, but before that there were the androids.

Hmm, against whom they should not use energy attacks, but I am not sure if a kienzan could be absorbed like that. Krillin did not fight 17 and 18 out of fear, but Tenshinhan surely should have been able to use it, because as we know he can copy every attack he has seen just once.
But now I am not sure if he ever saw a Kienzan. Krillin used it first against Nappa. Was Tenshinhan dead already at hat point? I don't think so. I think that was rather at the beginning.

Eh, you should never lose much sleep over Dragonball's writing. Other than for example Oda, Toriyama mostly made up shit on the fly and it is supposed to be a fun ride, which it is, rather than a work to analyse.
>>
>>318279950
Why didn't the saiyans just senkai the shit out of each other all the time anyway? I guess the answer is "muh pride".
>>
>>318280092

Vegeta did. But that was out of survival and "HOLY SHIT FRIEZA IS COMING" panic, not as a method to get stronger or prove strength.
>>
>>318280238
But why didn't all saiyans do that while they were under Frieza's rule
>>
>>318280238
Yeah, I know he did it once, that was the point Zenkai was introduced (I think? Or was it atleast mentioned earlier? This was atleast the point the heroes learnt of it.)

Wait no, Goku realised there was something like zenkai during his training on the way to Namek, which was earlier. That was fucking hardcore, he trained himself to near-death just to get a zenkai boost multiple times.
>>
>>318280441

Why would they? No one gave a shit about Frieza other than being paid by him. They were basically mercs. They weren't rebels.
>>
>>318280498
>Yeah, I know he did it once

Twice.
>>
>>318280092
At least in the case of the Freeza era, they probably got sent to missions in where they could actually complete the mission, and they also can go oozaru to become 10x stronger, so there probably weren't much chances of getting a zenkai, saiyans on missions who were beaten were probably killed before getting out the planet to recover.
>>
>>318280849
Oh right, that makes sense: near death back then actually meant something. Saiya-jins did not have
>sensu beans
>healing powers
>healing tanks
So fighting to near-death would be actually dangerous for them. That makes sense.
>>
>>318280849
That's just it right there. Saiyans lived such a brutal life I'd be surprised if many of them even knew about the zenkai. If they lose a fight on a planet they're taking over, the enemy won't show them mercy. If they get into a fight with another saiyan, you can bet money that Saiyan's gonna finish the job. Saiyan's aren't even big on rescuing their wounded comrades.
>>
>>318268983
Yamcha i the protagonist of Harvest Moon

I think he's royally fucked because he won't talk to any of the girls so he'll lose when the second year comes around because he still has the blue feather...

Other than that he'd make a great farmer
>>
yamcha the ultimate dyel shitter of dbz
>>
>>318280441
People forget that 99% of Saiyans are retards and low tier.
>>
>>318268983
Yamcha by the end of the Cell saga is one of the most powerful creatures in the universe. He would destroy pretty much anything and anyone from any other game world
>>
>>318281632
No, Chiaoutzu exists. Chiaotzu is so shitty people have forgotten him so much that Yamcha has taken his place because he's still more memorable.
>>
Even Yajirobe would destroy most game worlds

Tajirobe > Raiden
>>
>>318281797

but chiaoutzu fucking self destructed for his friend, yamcha don't have that will
>>
>>318282178
Him taking on the Saibaman was because he didn't want Krillin to go, as Krillin died once and couldn't be resurrected if he got killed(as far as they knew at the time). Chiaotzu's sacrifice was a foolish attempt to replicate the Saibaman's blast that served no use but to cloud Tien's mind and ultimately make him kill himself, too, with a hasty, suicidal technique.
>>
>>318282178
Self destructing confirmed for worst attack in DBZ. Didn't work when Chiaozu did it, didn't work when Vegeta did it. Cell tried it but it took him so long to build up the energy that someone could just transport him somewhere else.

Only time self destructing worked was when a Saibaman tried it on Yamcha
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.