[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't this game more popular? It's fast-paced,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: vanquish-box-art.jpg (139 KB, 610x376) Image search: [Google]
vanquish-box-art.jpg
139 KB, 610x376
Why isn't this game more popular?

It's fast-paced, it's challenging, it's fun and its innovative.

It's also directed by Shinji Mikami.

Also, sequel when?
>>
Nobody wants to play a shooter with a pad.
>>
I got this two days ago and just beat it. Fucking great game. All sorts of stupid shit happens and it's amazing. Sadly the ending feels incredibly incomplete, but overall the game is an amazing package.
>>
No multiplayer so normies can't play with their normie friends.
>>
>>318262415
>it's challenging

That's why. Also consoles. No sequel ever.
>>
I can't even remember the storyline from this, something about russian space robots.

But man I remember it being a fucking blast to play. Best example of how to make a cover shooter actually fun
>>
>>318265197
Especially since if you play it as a cover shooter, you're doing it seriously wrong.
>>
>>318265237
Yeah, turns out the trick to making a cover shooter interesting is to ignore the cover entirely.
>>
>>318262415
It's for consoles only.

It's a hardcore game.

It's repetitive.

It doesn't have interesting boss fights.
>>
It did reasonably for a new Japanese IP. It's a solid game but nothing amazing really, shame that it didn't get a sequel but it's the same for a lot of mid-budget type titles nowadays.

I get the impression Plat they recycled a lot of sequel ideas into MGR.
>>
>>318265420
>It's repetitive.

How so? Each setpiece in the game is unique. No two encounter ever feels the same.

Are there too few enemy varieties? Yes. But the ones that are in the game are always arranged in interesting waves.

I never once felt in the game the feeling of "didn't I just do this?".
>>
>>318262415
Dunno why but it feels like this game didn't get hyped up as much as it should. Seems like that would have been easy to do with Shinji Mikami on there, but eh Sega seems to fuck around when it comes to things that aren't Sonic or Miku.
>>
Game was fucking great. Still, melee attacks draining your ars completely was dumb and there's not enough replay value and no unlockables.

I'd like a sequel but it'll never happen.
>>
>>318262624
Nigger, it's third person.
>>
>>318265346
>Not stopping in cover to smoke and reload like a hollywood badass.
>>
just slap blizzard on the front and it will be goty
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.