[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Some day, your resume or interview might not be what lands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: pass the job bro.jpg (81 KB, 612x480) Image search: [Google]
pass the job bro.jpg
81 KB, 612x480
>Some day, your resume or interview might not be what lands you a job. One major company is now using a video game to evaluate candidates.
>Consultancy and accounting firm Deloitte is taking a completely different approach to their hiring methods by focusing on the qualities of the employee's skills rather than their background, education or other factors. They tapped Arctic Shores to create a special "psychometric" game for evaluating candidates.
>Managing partner, Emma Codd, explained the reasoning behind this strategy. She says that this method results in a diverse pool of recruits:
>"We need people to join Deloitte from a variety of backgrounds, bringing a range of perspectives and experience. There is compelling evidence that alternative recruitment methods support this objective, helping to identify exceptional talent by providing opportunities for the millennial generation to shine."
>Deloitte is utilizing a mobile game called Firefly Freedom. It's no different than many other games available on tablets and phones today. The player collects fireflies to provide their family with a light source through the winter. The fascinating thing about the seemingly simple app is that it puts users through a series of tests that rate things like consistency, risk management and aversion, diligence, perfectionism and situational awareness.
>This game is an interesting way to evaluate qualities that you can't always determine in face to face interviews. After all, how can you measure risk assessment just from a 30-minute conversation? Furthermore, a game like this can be used to evaluate thousands of candidates anywhere in the world. I'm sure this evaluation will also be more comfortable for people with poor social skills that still excel in the areas needed for their profession.

Wow, being good at vidya can actually get you a real job now. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>318262247

>hey you scored really high on this game - you're hired!
>so input these transactions into the ledger and draft up a balance sheet
>what's a balance sheet?

ya, naw, fuck off
>>
>>318262247
some insane HR faggot using a shitty mobile game to hire people doesn't mean anything
>>
>know the game won't do a certain thing it says it warns it might because you've played video games before
>it rates you as taking huge risks
this is probably an awful idea
>>
File: job-interview.jpg (20 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
job-interview.jpg
20 KB, 292x219
>it says here you don't play Candy Crush
>why is that
>>
File: 488002597.jpg (95 KB, 487x352) Image search: [Google]
488002597.jpg
95 KB, 487x352
>i see here that you got the high score
>so i'm hired?
>nope. we don't employ gamers
>>
I'm not good at Angry Birds, I hope the test is a fighting or racing game
>>
>>318262247
>>318262572
It's valve isn't it?
Only hire the people with the lowest scores as play testers.
>>
File: 1444231516151.gif (2 MB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1444231516151.gif
2 MB, 400x535
>>318262336
>mfw accountant in training
>>
>>318262247
What a very odd way to publicize and advertize a mobile game... hmm.....
>>
>>318262247
punchline: the game is eve online
>>
>>318262336
>all jobs are stereotypical sitcom cubicle jobs
>>
>>318262984
This meme is so zzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>318262247

>I'm sorry but you will not be getting the job anon
>Instead we will be hiring that 14 year old who completely outskilled you, inferred that your mother performs sexual favors for money, and managed to consistently teabag your worthless corpse
>In keeping with company policy we will also be required to upload the video to youtube, and put a warning on your Linkin for other employers to beware your pathetically weak skills
>Here is a pamphlet on suicide, no not prevention, you should probably kill yourself as you will never get a job anywhere you filthy casual waste of space
>Please get out of my office
>>
>>318263093
they don't call it a second job for nothing.
>>
>mobile game
garbage
>>
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefly-freedom/id932398804?mt=8&at=&ct=&ign-mpt=uo%3D6

Well, shall we /v/?
>>
File: 1392261182906.png (539 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1392261182906.png
539 KB, 500x400
>I'm sorry but we're not looking for employees with your skillset for now
>Why is that?
>Because you need to GIT GUD
>>
>>318263269

Sorry I don't own any iMeme devices
>>
>>318263337
The unsuitable candidate filter is already working.
>>
>>318263405

Why would I have an iMeme when I have Memedroid?
>>
>>318262928
>tfw last year in accounting major and still don't know how to read a balance sheet.

Studying just for to pass exams and not to actually learn is a big fucking mistake. At this point my only hope is getting hired by this firm.
>>
>mobile game

>implying I want to work for casuals
>>
>>318263508
>>318263337
>Owning iMeme or Memedroids when you can have a Nokia 3310 and brain niggers in a pinch.

It's like you don't even care for having a ulti-tool, Snake, improvised weapon, anti-stress device and budget football on top of having god-tier reception and texting capabilities.
>>
>>318262416
People don't play Candy Crush. Candy Crush plays people.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (11 KB, 184x202) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
11 KB, 184x202
>implying anybody on /v/ could get a job at deloitte

sorry, only the elite of society are allowed a 200k starting salary
>>
>>318262416
But I do play Candy Crush.
>>
>>318263960
I'm in this thread because I recognized the company name, my mum used to work there.

As a cleaner but she was a beloved cleaner.
>>
>>318263269
>IMPORTANT: This is a recruitment app and a player key will need to be obtained from the company your job application is related to.
Wow, fucking really?

Can I use it on my jailbroken iphone and use a cheat engine?
>>
>>318262247
>mobile
Fuck this
>>
>>318262247

>Clickbait title
>Doesn't include the company name in title or even preview sentence at bottom
>Sentence mostly just a repeat of title
>image of 'video game'

This shit needs to be banned.
>>
Hopefully most firms follow suit because that's the only way us business majors are actually going to get jobs.
>>
>Deloitte
Those fuckers must be the most incompetent company in the world. They bought a goddamn module at my no-name university just to try and convince people to apply to them, shit was creepy as hell. They did a load of guest lectures that felt like selling snake oil.
>>
>>318263960
>elite
Deloitte's a joke, dude.
>>
>>318264425
>utilizing a mobile game called firely freedom
wow i wonder what it's called
>article is actually following the title
WOW
>>
>>318264738
>business major
wew lad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>318262247
>employee cares about 2d
>hates 3d normies
>gets hired easily
>might even meet people, get friends, have kids
Disgusting
>>
>>318263997

Man if i had to eradicate some people, it would be the guys who told they play videogames (as in facebook games).
>>
File: 1446706442721.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446706442721.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>all these buttmad wagekeks knowing they're becoming irrelevant
>>
>It says here on your account that the first time you have beaten Smough and Ornstein was with a co-op partner.
>I like working with people.
>We also have a video of you rage quitting on Ludwig
>Well Fromsoft never balanced that boss

Would you hire DSP?
>>
>>318266974
no, he's a drama magnet and reads personal texts out loud on youtube.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.