[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If blizzard announced a sequel or reboot of this trainwreck with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 35
If blizzard announced a sequel or reboot of this trainwreck with completely new "next-gen" engine, what dooes blizz need to do to get you back?
>>
Stop making it so casual and "streamlined"
>>
Make a better game than Albion Online, with its all-crafted items and housing.
>>
Make it f2p

I have only played WoW on private servers
>>
>>318260464
A newer engine would be really fucking nice. That alone would probably be enough to bring me back desu.
>>
>>318260464
New engine and reboot would make me pre-purchase right away.
Then I would pre-order Warcraft 4
>>
Have my ex now camwhore girlfriend stop playing it in her free time.
>>
>>318260968
wc4 wouldn't be much better than Hots, it would probably looks exactly the same too.
>>
>>318260968
I think they're planning on remastering Warcraft 1-3. So there's that to look forward to at least.
>>
File: 1345357896572.jpg (75 KB, 677x534) Image search: [Google]
1345357896572.jpg
75 KB, 677x534
>>318260464
>Remove LFR completely
>Return to Normal and heroic modes only because the existence of 4 fucking difficulties is bloating the ilevel way too much. Also its stupid and you have to redo the same fucking raid a million times to progress through it.
>LFD needs to stop teleporting you to the instance. LFD only finds people on your server.
>Bring back the fucking talent trees so people can make their clowny builds. Cookie cutter will always fucking exist.
>add fucking content more often than once a fucking year
>Have more than 3 fucking raids in your expansion.
>questing is now less streamlined
>better rewards for killing hard mobs while leveling
>Revert every casualised change Cataclysm implemented

There, WoW is now fucking fixed. Wasn't fucking hard.

Why does blizz keep putting out shit instead of hiring me to tell them how to make their game better again.
>>
File: 1379282128071.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1379282128071.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
New engine and a new world/story that isn't shit on by Cataclysm / Draenor Timetravel Shenanigans would make me preorder that shit immediately.

Especially if they announce that Metzen has been fired and replaced with a dude who has a boner for the forsaken instead.
>>
>>318261114
metzen should have stay in the art department, that would have prevented all the furshit from getting so much out of hand and we would have prevented time-travel
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>318261064
>mfw this happens and I gotta go back to spending 25 hours a day playing WoW and neglecting everything I've built for myself since I quit this fucking game
>>
>>318261064
>LFD needs to stop teleporting you to the instance. LFD only finds people on your server.

This so much. Its like the world is filled with mannequins, drooling in the same place until the queue pops.

Though i feel like as much as people advocate this change, they would fucking hate it if they'd have to travel around for dungeons
>>
File: fanart-1292-full.jpg (1 MB, 1221x1920) Image search: [Google]
fanart-1292-full.jpg
1 MB, 1221x1920
If it gets a new engine pic related is what it should look like imo, would sub all year if they did that
>>
>>318261386
yeah I don't think that part would work out well, it's a nice thought-remnant from when you had to play with friends to do dungeons, but imagine having to spend ten minutes going across the continent on birdback every time an LFD pops
>>
File: 1447081184241.jpg (151 KB, 444x529) Image search: [Google]
1447081184241.jpg
151 KB, 444x529
>you will never sit on the edge of Thunder Bluff and look down upon the wide expanse of Mulgore
>you will never play WoW 2 in VR
>>
>>318260464

thats never going to happen, if you didnt noticed blizzard games always require very little pcrequeriments because they want to appeal to the max number of users possible

when diablo 3 came out i still had a 9600gt which ran diablo 3 just fine
>>
File: calm the doge down.jpg (54 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
calm the doge down.jpg
54 KB, 600x800
>focus on Azeroth only.
>show Sylvanas' midriff
>keep classes
>Let players do more with less abilities
>atleast quadruple the server NPC spawn distance HOLY FUCK THIS ANNOYS ME
>Make the nature as pretty as RDR (albeit a higher resolution ofc)
>give single server communities a shot again
>>
File: 1446960246957.gif (11 KB, 730x413) Image search: [Google]
1446960246957.gif
11 KB, 730x413
Make effort and time investments actual worthwhile with exclusive shit that people who log in 4 hours a week can't get as well

Remove raid catch-up gear so you have to run earlier tiers to get geared for the newest raid, increasing longevity of the raid content overall by not making old raids obsolete the instant a new one is released

Remove feral druids
>>
Make it console exclusive. It's very clear that the PC audience has communicated against new games on their platform, as did the Mac audience twenty years ago. At least on console, people will think they know what they're playing.
>>
>>318261465
Imagine if the game looked like guild wars 2. That would be so fucking amazing, i think i'd spend weeks just exploring the world all over again

>>318261656
>give single server communities a shot again
Good luck with waiting an hour for a battlegrounds group
>>
>spent up to 100hours a week playing WoW in BC
>manage to play on my pc for maybe 5 hours a week nowadays

well no, neither me nor the friends i used to play with would have enough time to achieve anything, it would have to get even more casual for the "old" playerbase to come back - and that wouldn't be fun
>>
>>318261620
>didnt noticed
stopped reading right there; someone this illiterate can't possibly have anything good to say
>>
File: oh.jpg (27 KB, 248x294) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
27 KB, 248x294
>>318260464
>what dooes blizz need to do to get you back?
People.

Like holy shit, no wonder the contents crap and sets look like ass, they have like 3 people left working on the game at this point
>>
>>318261483
You may dislike it at that moment, but in the long run it would be better.
Get a mage to create a portal to a near place. Socialize, pay for services provided by different classes.
>>
>>318261656
>show Sylvanas' midriff
why are you thirsty virgins so obsessed with this

Her midriff wasn't show in her model in WC3, it wasn't shown in vanilla WoW either, it wasn't until Blizzard tried to appeal to teenagers by sexualizing her that she started dressing like a combat stripper.

The problem with her new model isn't that they made her not look like a stripper, it's that the brown leather clashes with the rest of the outfit and looks goofy as hell.
>>
>>318261846
well at least they're looking for actual people who fit a certain job description instead of just moving existing staff to completely new positions
>>
>>318261064
What about adding seperate pvp and pve talent trees?
>>
>>318261924
they're doing that in Legion bro
>>
File: lous.jpg (89 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
lous.jpg
89 KB, 900x506
>>318261907
I was joking tumblr, holy shit

thanks for looking at my other points
>>
>>318261965
Oh? I stopped playing around firelands and only played a month of WoD and pandaland, because a friend gifted me the game and didnt quite follow the changes, especially since the only thing you see on /v/ is
>demonhunterzzzzzz

Nice change, lets see how they pull that off
>>
>>318261989
Well ok then. Your other points were were fine by the way, just had nothing to say that wasn't cheerleading.
>>
>>318262085
yeah well demon hunters is seriously the least exciting aspect of Legion in my book. It only makes me worry for balance issues.
>>
Action combat. No MMORPG should be tab target in 2015 just like no RPG should be turn based in 2015.
>>
>>318262185
>say bye to all caster classes; as they'll all function like an FPS

I get where you're coming from, and for melee classes it will be the best thing since dew&doritos but anything else will have such shitty uninspired gameplay.
>>
>>318261723
but guildwar 2 looks like shiti
>>
>>318261812

calling someone other illiterate when is not theyr main language

i bet you can speak my native language better than me, illiretare fedora fat man
>>
File: 1438623378408.jpg (157 KB, 914x470) Image search: [Google]
1438623378408.jpg
157 KB, 914x470
>Tera combat
>Pre-cataclysm world
>WAR style classes (each race has a handful of classes unique to their race)
>Public quests
>No two-faction system, every race looks out for itself
>PVP and PVE integrated with eachother so the PVP players and the PVE players have some interaction and cooperation instead of being two separate playerbases warring over Blizz attention
>Forsaken paladins
>>
Unless it gets reverted back to BC or at least WotLK, I will not come back.
>>
>>318261329
>25 hours a day playing WoW
Wizard detected
>>
>>318262371
>IM NO NATIVE SPEAKER SO I CANT WRITE SO GOOD

holy fuck the times i've heard this shit.

English isn't my 'main language' either you apologetic dipshit. It's just that everytime I write, I do my best to not look like an autistic 14 year old russian.
>>
>>318261064
>Bring back the fucking talent trees so people can make their clowny builds. Cookie cutter will always fucking exist

Preach that bro

also give us back the removed "bloated" skills and class variety
>>
>>318262538
Like I said, I got an actual life built now that WoW isn't stealing all my time.

I still miss it though, I'd trade all of this for a chance to spend my summer nights getting fucked up on energy drinks, zero sleep, and TBC-era WoW
>>
>>318262583
I remember back in vanilla during MC/Onyxia progression. Our MT specced OT because of the extra threat generation, our healers were amazing so he did not need the extra mitigation.

No way of doing that sort of thing now.
>>
File: 1424536074753.jpg (91 KB, 854x518) Image search: [Google]
1424536074753.jpg
91 KB, 854x518
>>318260464
Make it either extremely casual or extremely hardcore from the start. Stop running around like a chicken with it's dick cut off and make a fucking choice. Personally I''d prefer casual because It would cu-ck every wow complainer and all those stupid fucking youtubers whose videos all start:

*British or Australian accent* "the game needs to be more challlenjin again" wrap, wipe rinse repeat 100k subs strong.
>>
>>318260464
Nothing, since MMOs are dead.
There is literally nothing they could do. Back in 2004, MMOs where still pretty new, now they're overdone and horrid.
>>
>>318262920
Cool Mannoroth cosplay.
>>
Why don't Blizzard make a single player Warcraft RPG?
>>
>>318263134
I always wondered this, they SUPER could've gotten on the Skyrim bandwagon with a free-roam RPG set in Northrend.
>>
>>318263076
Thanks I worked hard 2bqh pham
>>
>>318260464
>New very well optimized engine.
>Actual player housing. Furnitures could be crafted or bought from cashshop.
>Little raids with few bosses but long fights.
>Long raid that has tons of bosses and reaching the last one can be considered a marathon. Of course it resets weekly so if you didn't reach end, bad luck.
>Crafting anew. Old crafting doesn't work well. Stop making craftings lackbuster. Balance the benefit and coin-gain.
>No fucking class-halls, garrisons or such. The follower feature and ships can be in-game but don't stick them into "dur hur i can do anything from one place garrison."
>Add stylish proffession that is only one who can craft unique cosmetic attires, transmog and even place barber chair anywhere, anytime, allowing people buy barber services from the said player instead city barber.
>Add neutral races and give them good lore. Or add more races in general.
And inb4 "costs too much." fuckers are sitting tons of cash. They could easily do everything, get more players and get even more money.
>>
>>318262424
>PVP and PVE integrated with eachother so the PVP players and the PVE players have some interaction and cooperation instead of being two separate playerbases warring over Blizz attention
As great that sound in paper, it's near impossible on practical manner.
>>
>>318263264
>cashshop
please no
>>
>>318261812
You must be fun at parties and have many friends, m8
>>
>>318260464
>>318260835
>>318260968
>>318261114
>>etc.
A "new engine" is a pretty worthless idea. You realize that, yeah? They could already make the game better looking if it wasn't supposed to be optimized for the lowest denominator.
>>
>>318263410
It's not, they did something akin to that in Wrath with Wintergrasp. PVPers had to take the keep so the PVEers could go raid bosses. Do that, except make the PVP take place while the PVE dudes are in there fighting, and make it an actual raid instead of the half-assed loot pinata it was.

and if you wanna get REALLY ambitious, make a high-pop instance where two teams, one horde one alliance, compete through PVP and PVE to see who can get the end boss down. PVPers fight the enemy team, PVEers fight the boss, the whole thing is a giant clusterfuck of fun with the enemy PVP fags griefing you by stunning you inside a boss AOE or something.
>>
>>318263609
If people want to pay real life money for their ingame house furniture, let them. Doesn't mean you have to support cashshop when i listed crafting as other option.
>>
>create pre-TBC/TBC servers
>make it BTP (pay 50€ for base game+TBC), remove subscription
>cosmetic/furniture cash shop
>>
Name a better game engine for mmorpg.
>GW2
Runs modified GW engine.
Can't render past 20 unique characters.
Slow ass loading screens.
Can't utilize multi threads.
>Hero Engine
HeroEngine.exe
>gook games
looks good in trailers, absolute shit in game.
Heavily instanced, load screens everywhere.
See max 10 people on screen.
>>
>>318263905
>remove subscription
this would make dvelopment impossible and subscription was never the problem, if blizzard were to fix everything I'd pay 50$ per month if I had to
>>
>>318260464
legacy servers
>>
>>318264039
poorfags upset they can't keep up with a 15 dollar subscription.

You're absolutely right, WoW had 13 million subs in Wrath. People will pay if there's a game worth paying for.
>>
>>318260464
>Bring my character back at level one with "worn armor" that has base stats but looks identical to what I'm wearing now.

>Less raid focused, more world event focused.

>The 'at war' box next to faction rep is used and actually means something. (for instance: when certain splinter factions come on the scene, being 'at war' with the same factions will automatically put you on their side)

>better RP stuff. For instance, NPCs will respond to certain phrases you /say or /emote

>fucking fire Chris Metzen. Find somebody who actually gives a shit to write the lore.
>>
>>318263995
they'd have to create something completely new, you don't see console games running on ps2 engines so why would mmos use outdated technology.
>>
>>318264151
If blizz pulled off a reboot and had a real cataclysm like FF14 did but as a completely new game, having all the old wow chars in wow2 with worn armor would actually work. It's what square enix did when moving from FF11
>>
>>318263221
because the WoW bandwagon was and still is a way moreprofitable one.
>>
First, fire Metzen and create a team of head writers who understand that focusing on one race at the expense of all others is detrimental to the game.
Then, move onto the following:
-Bring back class quests, and expand on them. Also, return class trainers and make some abilities obtainable by special quests only. FFXIV does this right.
-Dedicated content updates every three months. Get a project manager that can accomplish this.
-No more Horde/Alliance war. They keep trying to push the idea and it always falls flat. In fact, remove the hard line between them. Certain groups (Forsaken, night elves) should only be loosely tied to their respective faction, and allow players to earn access to the opposing side's lands, like they had planned way back during Vanilla development. Make things more fluid so the breaking and making of alliances can be plot points without it being obvious that nothing will change because of the status quo.
>>
>>318264158
Are there ENB mods for WoW?
>>
>>318264440
[insert cheerleading]
>>
File: fanart-1291-full.jpg (2 MB, 1407x1920) Image search: [Google]
fanart-1291-full.jpg
2 MB, 1407x1920
>>318264440
>fire metzen
metzen belongs to the art department
>>
>>318264679
The game cannot be redeemed with that man anywhere near it.
>>
>>318264679
guess I just found my new phone wallpaper
>>
>stop giving everything to players, make them earn it
>more things to do in endgame like world events
>make the first time you level like vanilla wow but make alts faster
>kill chris metzen
>remove all lfd lfr tools
>mix of old loved characters and new actually good characters
>no more the player is the chosen one dicksucking, at best just treated as a highly skilled dude
>classes actually unique but no outright worthless specs
>regular contents
>make the world an adventure again
>>
>>318260464
there's two paths to success

1. just do indefinite mists but continuing to develop new raids for it. also, give it better writing, less furries, no year and a half of one raid, and the actually good features from wod like heirloom screen and toybox. and do something like isle of thunder or timeless isle each time a new raid comes out, that shit was awesome. also, would be nice if old world could be relevant again in some way, nothing tedious though. also, world events.

2. make it completely like vanilla but with better class balance (like wrath), continued raid development, 2-3x leveling (vanilla leveling is fucking bullshit), and a couple of minor convenience features from newer expansions (NOT raid/dungeon finder). never raise the level cap, just expand the main game world slightly for each new raid. also, world events.
>>
File: abstract.jpg (61 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
61 KB, 854x859
>>318264108
The current state of game show that people pay even if it is not worth. I would gladly pay for content updates but let's see how much they added with WoD - 1 patch with shit that should have been at start, 2 raids , tannan, and now some shitty mounts and non important stuff.If you would want to count it is 12x15$ = 180 $ for 2 locations with bosses and location of grinding, even mop was better, no wonder so many people have dropped but still there are addicts who support this shit.
>>
>>318264986
all of this is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>318264953
>>no more the player is the chosen one dicksucking, at best just treated as a highly skilled dude
yes please
>>
>>318264108
>implying 13 million is even a worthwhile number anymore

WoW is old guard. I bet more people play any of the top 3 MOBAs or even Candy Crush at the slowest hour of the slowest day of the week. And yes that matters because they aren't paying for the privilege of access.

The subscription MMO is dying. Most people would agree FF14 is at least a decent MMO and despite being much younger and fresher, it pulls in less players. WoW has lost nearly half their peak numbers so far. The landscape is different and if Blizzard had 15 million, it'd be a failure long term.

Today's market, the kind of game they'd need to make to put WoW level dent in the industry? You're talking a $500-750 billion game and needing 40-50 million subscribers. Investors would lynch them for any less.
>>
Make it exactly like Vanilla

Just re-release Vanilla.
>>
>>318261768
MMOs can be better than WoW without requiring so much play.

That's a cop-out for the idea of a great game, and literally any play would be better than the majority demographics of no play that currently are.
>>
>>318265108
it pulls in less players because it's a bad ripoff off WoW full of weebshit. FF14 weebs don't understand that normal people don't wanna play japanese trash
>>
they can start by unfucking scII and d3
>>
File: +.png (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
+.png
61 KB, 800x600
>>318262313
>what is AOE
>what are buffs
>what are directional shots
>etc.
>>
File: 1437829927430.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1437829927430.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>318264986
i was gonna post in this thread, but didn't, but i was gonna say the same thing about world events.
Bliz gradually stopped being epic with these, I was there for a lot of the events when they went down.
in my brutally honest opinion of WoW, Blizzard dropped the ball with anything that had to do with the open world and they also completely dropped the ball with PVP.
the e-sports craze swallowed what it meant to PVP in WoW. fun should come first.
Alterac Valley used to last for days, what happened? Gurubashi arena? remember guild wars?
>>
it can't be fixed without completely redesigning what made wow what it is
>>
File: smugjay.jpg (175 KB, 757x722) Image search: [Google]
smugjay.jpg
175 KB, 757x722
>>318265225
>unfucking scII and d3
lol nope
>>
>not just playing on private servers
smhtbhfam
>>
File: 20151119111311a0e996xya5mzgp3g.jpg (173 KB, 1089x572) Image search: [Google]
20151119111311a0e996xya5mzgp3g.jpg
173 KB, 1089x572
>>318263410
It's actually really simple. Here's the page on Albion Online's flag system:

https://albiononline.com/en/news/zoning-flagging
>>
>>318262920
Are they not just bored of the game?
>>
I really enjoyed when GW2 had that Living story thing, where there would be an event every 2 weeks.

I remember fighting the Twisting Marionette, essentially a raid set in the world. Made you feel like the world was indeed changing dynamically, and shit was going down every so often.

I wish there was something like that in WoW
>>
>>318260464
>trainwreck
>still the most subscribed/popular MMO despite being 11 years old

lel
>>
>>318263410
I remember that in WAR there were always some PVP locations in every zone that kind of merged with PVE, players of both factions would eventually end up there while leveling and were able to engage in meaningful faction battle.

Too bad the game flopped, it was loads of fun and had potential.
>>
>>318266453
WAR was my shit, if it had been launched at today's record low for WoW it would've been a massive hit.

Instead it launched while WoW was at its peak, and died.

RIP
>>
File: Sad Simfrog.jpg (171 KB, 653x793) Image search: [Google]
Sad Simfrog.jpg
171 KB, 653x793
>Get email about 7 days free game time
>Follow link
>"Internal Server Error!"
Th-thanks Blizzard.
>>
>>318264158
>you don't see console games running on ps2 engines

>what is CoD on a modified Quake engine
>what are probably most other AAA games, especially FF and other gook games
>>
>>318260464
I guess I would need to feel that sense of discovery and exploration again... like there is a world there that I don't already know the ins and outs of. WoW produces new content, sure - but when I go into it, I already know my character, I know what the contents going to be like, I know how quests already function, etc. etc. etc. Ever since Vanilla, there hasn't been that same sense of wonder, and in a way that's not really their fault, but it's the sort of thing I'd be looking for in a new mmo if I ever played one again. I feel like a 'reboot' might end up just being too similar to what's already out there.

It makes me sad because I'm just itching hard for a decent mmo but the ones out now I've already played around with or they don't seem very interesting. I don't even know of any on my radar as potential looksees other than EQ3.
>>
>>318264108
>The "claimed subs" meme
For all we know, that's 80% Chinese pay card "subs".
>>
>>318267076
yeah except both EU and NA had the vast majority of servers filled to the brim at the time, even my shitty little "dead" server was active as shit.

The china pay card meme wasn't relevant until pandaria
>>
>>318261064
>Return to Normal and heroic modes only because the existence of 4 fucking difficulties is bloating the ilevel way too much. Also its stupid and you have to redo the same fucking raid a million times

I would like to add that heroic 5 mans should go back to being prohibitively difficult with worthwhile rewards. Requiring classes to use all of their tools and wits.
>>
>>318267175
>Wow, this source is fucking nothing
>>
>>318267319
>crying about sources when his "muh china" argument is a meme with no facts to back it up
lmao nice try autist
>>
File: 150132011.jpg (135 KB, 547x800) Image search: [Google]
150132011.jpg
135 KB, 547x800
>>318267004
>FF
>outdated engine
>>
Anyone know how long WoD is on sale for?
>>
>>318260464
>Remove hotbar combat completely, replace it with third person action and a decent camera.
>Decrease the TTK for regular enemies greatly and improve their variety of attacks and damage.
>Improve AI and remove the 'pace on the spot' AI behaviors.
>Add collision for enemies.
>All quests have proper storylines.
>Spread out healing and support abilities across classes.
>No DPS only classes, all dps classes have strong support abilities and healing.
>Tanks also DPS.
>Healers also dps.
>Wackamole style healing abilities and gameplay completely removed.
>All classes and specs have unique, powerful abilities that aren't emulated by other classes.
>All talents grant new special abilities, not +%s.
>Magic users have a variety of handy non-combat spells.
>Different types of weapons grant different abilities.
>Different armor classes grant different abilities.
>Proper vehicle and turret mechanics implemented.
>World zones designed to encourage world pvp.
>Degree of enemy randomization in PVE instances, similar to the L4D director.
>End game 5 mans remain useful throughout the expansion.
>Raids are 10 man only.
>PVE and PVP abilities balanced independently.
>Balanced instanced PVP maps with wide variety of game modes.
>RVR styled persistent pvp scenarios with mechanics that prevent team imbalances, base flipping and stalemates.
>House/base building with proper customization.
>Decent armor designs.

I'm sure they'll get right on that too.
>>
>>318268478
>>Remove hotbar combat completely, replace it with third person action and a decent camera.
stopped reading right there

action mmos are fucking garbage
>>
File: 1200179161128.jpg (10 KB, 287x236) Image search: [Google]
1200179161128.jpg
10 KB, 287x236
>>318260464
Pay me $75k a year to play it 8 hours a day excluding weekends and holidays, plus benefits and one month of paid vacation a year. Must provide a decent guild with nice people who can handle adversity.
>>
>>318268661
>action mmos are fucking garbage
Probably because they're all korean shitfests. If a competent dev like Blizzard tried their hand at it, the results would probably be a lot better than hotbutton combat.
>>
File: Untitled.png (50 KB, 1640x283) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
50 KB, 1640x283
>>318267441
>every MMO in the West is fucking empty
Why even criticize the idea. Gooks pay much less, so they can sit a decent percentage of their huge population prevalence vs. the US on a video game.

>>318267638
If that's Versus 13, you realize it's been in development for literally a console cycle, yeah?
>>
>>318262541
Which forums can I go to practice my russian?
>>
>>318268859
Wildstar is made up of former Blizz employees and they did this and its fucking garbage
>>
>>318268478
This would not be vaguely WoW.
>>
File: what.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>318268859
>blizzard
>competent
somewhere in the past yes but now??
>>
File: 1448666113539.gif (2 MB, 421x384) Image search: [Google]
1448666113539.gif
2 MB, 421x384
>Instanced gear only has stats in instances.

>Non-instanced gear comes completely from gameplay resources
>These resources are placed in just a few zones for funneling players
>These zones also have bosses or other challenges, especially that can be captured for attacking other zones or cities
Fixed.
>>
>>318268972
>Wildstar is made up of former Blizz employees and they did this and its fucking garbage
Wildstar combat is total shit because they tried to use a hotbar-mmo camera and movement with extremely bad action gameplay.
Everything has a telegraph.
Everything has a wind up time.
It's impossible to aim properly with the shit movement and camera.
Even regular enemies become damage sponges in later levels.
etc.

The wildstar guys had absolutely no idea what they were doing on any level (attunment lel), so trying to equate their failure with AAA developers is not very wise.
>>
>>318268974
WoW's gameplay is ultra generic desu senpai. What makes it WoW is the story and world, not having dime a dozen hotbar gameplay.
>>
>>318269291
>moving the goalposts the post
>>
>>318269787
>moving the goalposts the post
That's what you're doing, yeah.

I specifically said in my original sperg list "and a decent camera" because of pseudo-action abortions like wildstar and Guild wars 2 with their janky hot-bar style cameras and, well, hotbars.

No popular third person action games have number key hotbars or the like, because hotbar gameplay is total shit and people only tolerate it when you add in "mmo" and/or loot treadmills.

My original post was about changes that could make WoW a game that you might want to play even if it wasn't a mmo and you're trying to tell me that you PREFER shitty hotbar garbage?

Damn son.
>>
>>318269782
Not at all. The hotbar slows down gameplay and creates a pace where you actually pay some attention to the lore and the world.

Otherwise, it'd be GW2 and you'd just be running around spamming attacks not caring who you're hitting or why.
>>
>>318270342
>lets remove all skills
>people can just attack with LMB or RMB

sounds like a great game
>>
>>318270384
Just how delusional are you, m80?
For starters, GW2 is a hotbar mmo. Secondly, the reason you can't get into the DEEP LORE is because it doesn't have any, not because you didn't spend a minute killing a furblog in feralas for bead necklace drops.

>>318270434
Virtually all third person action games can be played on a controller and use maybe 4 buttons for attack and movement and the d-pad for ability and item selection.
Are you going to tell me that hotbutton combat is more fun than the likes of dark souls, DMC, darksiders, NG, bayonetta, GOW etc.
>>
>>318260464
It needs new gameplay mechanics.
New combat system, like being able to dodge projectiles instead of fireballs homing in on me.
This will have to be balanced for, of course.

But yeah, the game has a ton of content, its just that the core gameplay is boring to me after playing for 2 years.
>>
no forcing daily/weekly shit to be done or you "lose it"
no small pvp/pve stuff
no monthly fee
2 difficulties ,normal and heroic , both flexible
a single server , no name changing or faction changing
make classes fun and not focus on shit balance because pvp retards
>>
>>318271286
all those games are shit and if a game can be played with a controller = auto drop
>>
>>318271687
>You are this casual.
>>
File: agony.jpg (7 KB, 191x255) Image search: [Google]
agony.jpg
7 KB, 191x255
>>318260968
>tfw Warcraft 4 will come out before Bannerlord
>tfw TotalBiscuit will die before Bannerlord
>tfw Russia will fall before Bannerlord
>tfw we will get a transsexual president before Bannerlord
>tfw no Bannerlord
>>
>>318260464

Fire Chris Metzen
>>
>>318261723
Wtf? Gw2 shill detected
>>
>>318272018
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1332035647623.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1332035647623.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
It's Simple.

Remove flying everywhere, keep it in designated zones like outlands

Simplify the UI, garbage such as achievements, calenders and all that crap needs to dissapear out of sight

Make talent trees more customisable so that people can have unique builds, quit over simplifying for focusing on esports..

make it so that people must travel to the physical location of a dungeon in order to find the summoning stone and then use the stone to connect to other players. almost the whole world is empty because people are just popping ques in town, no reason to ever use the overworld. i want to find random people out in the world and kill them or quest with them etc.

focus on ways to get players out using the overworld instead of siitting in a main city all day

remove daily limitations for casual players. more hard work invested = more reward. thats just the law of the universe

restore azeroth, what a huge mistake it was to destroy it from deathwing//or at least change it for the better

keep all stupid/silly stuff on the alliances side. eg pandas

start making the armor designs actually look good like in burning crusade. LOOK AT CORRUPTORS RAIMENT. start making stuff like that again my gosh look at how horrible the armor designs are now.

this list could go on forever.....
>>
File: 1326790508531.png (22 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1326790508531.png
22 KB, 510x546
>>318272978

Cont...

NO pay to win. NO BLIZZARD. STOP BEING JEWS

quit hiring gay programmers and designers. start hiring real nerds. nerds that sit in their basement all day or that listen to heavy metal. not gay people that freaking feminize everything they touch

stop adding useless features that bloat the game, think of ways too minimize the bloat my gosh the game is bloated now

dungeons in cata were the only good thing FROM cata. After the end of WOTLK wow started being crap. there were some changes in there that put it on the path to heavy decline. WOTLK was good expansion but some things were wrong. start analysing what it was. BC was the best expansion yet...WHY? start analysing what it was... looks like youre doing that with legion but anyone with a brain knows thats who youre trying to draw back into the game AFTER YOU BETRAYED THEM BY MAKING THE GAME FOR CASUALS

people started quitting around CATA. find out why, what did you do wrong? its not that hard. Making a game easier and more convenient does not equal it being better... imagine if i could become a body builder with no effort? then how could i relish in my new glorified body if i did not work hard to achieve it? exactly
>>
>>318261483
Its almost like using dungeons to level isnt what you are supposed to do. Its almost like there are enough quests in the game to level you to max level twice on one character.
>>
>>318273559
>>318272978

Blizzard employee here. We actually already know all this but we only care about money now. It's the way of the world now.
>>
File: bazinga1.jpg (59 KB, 900x746) Image search: [Google]
bazinga1.jpg
59 KB, 900x746
>>318273559
>start hiring real nerds
>real nerds
>>
File: 1436867009724.jpg (30 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
1436867009724.jpg
30 KB, 640x496
>>318273559
>nerds that sit in their basement all day or that listen to heavy metal
>>
>>318264372
>having all the old wow chars in wow2 with worn armor would actually work. It's what square enix did when moving from FF11
no its not
>>
no painted on armor
holy shit that shit looks so bad
>>
>>318274273
>>318274364

Lol did you get butthurt cause your gay. The game really needs to get some masculinity back in it though and some gay kid that got a college degree and programs on his mac book pro isnt the kind of person blizzard needs to revive the game.

By real nerds i mean guys who actually learned to program themselves, have a sense of masculinity (thats why they like metal ;) and probably have long hair. these kinds of guys are real gamers and real nerds but not its macbook gaykids that are taking all the jobs.
>>
File: 1424736013559.jpg (5 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
1424736013559.jpg
5 KB, 126x122
>>318274816
This is bait, right?
>>
File: 3926620741.jpg (92 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
3926620741.jpg
92 KB, 450x250
>>318274918
no, you're a fucking loser :^)
>>
>>318274816

cont..

think doom, mortal kombat, diablo. those old gritty games... look at the developers..those were all real nerds.

now its gay feminized guys with macs that develop games. and they freaking blow
>>
>>318275012
Almost got me there for a second
>>
>>318260464

Make it not an MMO.
>>
>>318275205

its not bait. its not a joke. seriously the world has become pussified and it is adversley affecting gaming and basically everything. think back to the 80's/90's..
>>
>>318265545
So is this a game based off of fable or does it just so happen to have the same world name?
>>
File: motley_crue.jpg (422 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
motley_crue.jpg
422 KB, 750x500
>>318275378
>think back to the 80's/90's..
>80s/90s not feminie as fuck
stop deluding yourself
>>
>>318260464
>Much sexier and cooler armor designs, with properly flowing capes/cloth and such.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.