[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (61 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
61 KB, 460x215
Worth buying?
>>
No, it's shit.
>>
Yes, it's great.
>>
I'd wait for it to release fully. It's bretty good though.
>>
>>318258947
Its a pure singleplayer diablo where every class has like 1 or 2 attack skills worth shit. Youll probably get bored from spamming the same ability over and over.

Also hellhound can solo the game, so you can even afk if the game isnt boring enough for you already.
>>
>>318258996
>>318259020
>>
>>318258947
yes, its pretty great so far.

i have 2 character over lvl 40 and my builds are fun rest of my characters are starting to fill out as well.

they added the devotion system recently and added to the lvl cap.

its better than D3 and anyone that tells you otherwise is delusional.
>>
All I've heard is that the end game is nonexistent and it's pretty meh
>>
>>318258947
Stop shilling Grim dawn .
Iit's shit .
>>
>>318259213
>Delusional.
Sure my man , GrimDawn is even more of a stats-padding fest than diablo 3 .
>>
>>318259213
Thats like comparing Wolfenstein to Battlefield. D3 is multiplayer, grim dawn is singleplayer so of course they have strengths in different aspects.
>>
poe is free and better
only downside is that its always online so if your connection sucks then you're fucked
>>
>>318258947
The slowest Arpg ever made , hell , even torchlight 2 is better .
Grim dawn could be good but shit animation , and boring skills ruin everything .
>>
>>318259175
This man is right.

>>318259213
This man is wrong.

Character builds are redundant; you'll end up having one skill and picking some passives that add to the performance of the skill. That's the entirety of character building in Grim Dawn. Even Diablo 3 had more depth to it, since you at least had to choose which active skills you wanted to use that would complement each other. The game is also visually very bland, which is a big flaw in a simple ARPG with very little depth.
>>
>>318258947
Yes, by far.
It's not complete content-wise yet though, but getting pretty close with 3.5 acts so far.

What >>318259175 says is kinda true, though, most builds focus on 1 or 2 skills, and buffing said skills through the roof to kill enemies, so it can get fairly monotone, but if you like grinding, it's great. Also no, hellhound will most likely not be able to solo the game past the second difficulty, not without some hefty buffs/debuffs from the player.

It's also mainly singleplayer, but it has multiplayer as well, if you wanna play it with friends.

>>318259285
Endgame is grinding. Grinding for reputation with the different factions, and grinding for that GODDAMN sword with a 2% droprate and a 0.075% chance of having the right affixes (Although that's if you wanna min-max, of course)
>>
>>318258947
It's literally a reskinned Titan Quest with a few more bells and whistles added.

If you enjoyed TQ, you'll enjoy GD. If you didn't enjoy TQ, you won't enjoy GD either.
>>
>>318259545
POE , and Diablo II were both highly centered around maxing a single skill , and they did it right , because these skills had good animation/sounds and were satisfying to use . But in Grim dawn , lads , I tried almost every single fucking one and ALL of them feel like a watered down Poe skill .
>>
Probably the best diablolike since Titan Quest. Sorry PoE.
>>
>>318259342
>>318259397
>>318259513
>>318259731
>that one third-world subhuman who can't even samefag properly
At least switch up your typing.
>>
>>318259848
lol
>>
i pondered over this game for a week, whether or not i should buy it.
Path of Exile was a let down for me when i figured out there were only like 3 acts, at least back when i played it.
i think what made me turn off of Grim Dawn was that it's been in development so long. i want to play a complete game for once.
>>
File: 1435171687573.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1435171687573.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>318259874
>mfw I see it
holy fuck that guy
>>
>>318260071
PoE has now 4 acts but would still wait till next addon that's coming next year.

The last act of Grim Dawn will release at the end of year and 1.0 will release in March 2016 I think.
>>
>>318260071
Grim Dawn is supposed to be completed "Soon", though, probably a couple months. You can just wait until then, if you want to play the complete game.
>>
>>318258947
It's kinda boring, really.
Fun for a while and then you just yawn yourself to tears spamming same three attacks the moment they pop out of cooldown while traversing boring landscapes.
>>
if you liked titan quest even a little bit, you will love it. it is better in every way.
>>
>>318259903
sure showed me
>>
>>318261947
That's because the majority of skills are a carbon copy of what Titan Quest had. Like seriously, I'm playing the 1:1 build I've played in TQ in Grim Dawn and it uses the same skills.
>>
>>318262028
It seems like he did, because you actually responded.
>>
>>318259874
but, he , has a point, tho.
>>
>>318259175
>hellhound can solo the game

somebody hasnt played since build 18

>>318259602
>grinding for that GODDAMN sword with a 2% droprate and a 0.075% chance of having the right affixes

welcome to arpgs

the whole fucking point is a digital skinner box. if you're not a reincarnated degenerate gambler, then your basal ganglia is probably too healthy to subsist on the trickle of dopamine arpgs are designed to elicit
>>
Depends what style you like.
It's very similar to Titan Quest if you're into that.
>>
>>318262095
>make any kind of response
>trolled umad?
>>
Something is off with Grim Dawn.

The game just isn't very gratifying to play. Something about the animations, the visual cues, monsters, the skill system...

Think Titan Quest's most boring aspects all over again.
>>
>>318262465
So why did you respond to him then if he trolled you? I'm just curious fám.
>>
boring af

arpg's are 90s and early 00s stuff
>>
its just as boring as titan quest
>>
If you like Titan Quest you will like this game
A lot of anon's didn't like TQ because it isn't just like Diablo 2 like with every ARPG ever released

The only thing that bothers me is how boring the maps are in Grim Dawn
>>
>>318258947
>early access.

call me when it's done.
>>
>>318264391
It's under month away from the full release.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.