[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HuniePop Dev Offers $1 Million for Right to Publish Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: HP.jpg (35 KB, 631x286) Image search: [Google]
HP.jpg
35 KB, 631x286
>HuniePop Dev Offers $1 Million for Right to Publish Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in the US
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165216-HuniePop-Offers-1-Million-for-Right-to-Publish-Dead-or-Alive-Xtreme-3-in-US

Koons is at it again.
>>
No need for racism, anon.
>>
That's nowhere near enough money unless they were going to do a digital release, and then he would still have a shot ton of contract work to do before he could ever get the game out.

I swear indie devs have no idea how the industry works.
>>
>>318253717
>"I'm still uncertain as to just how pathetic an offer of $1M really is," Koons continued. "On one hand these guys surely make millions and millions of dollars with each release and on the other if you look at, say, the Steam sales for DOA5, maybe $1M isn't too shabby."
>>
>>318253496
>Huniepop

Bought that game the other day

Surprisingly, the puzzle aspect of the game is actually pretty fun, although RNG can fuck you harder than you fuck the girls.
>>
>>318253916

I was wondering about that too. Steam spy 55-60k people own it, but not nearly everyone bought it at full price, considering all the discounts.

$1.5-2mil sounds like it'd actually be in the right target area going by that.
>>
>>318254998

DoAX won't sell even half as high as the fighting games. They almost didn't even make X3, but fans kept asking for it so they're taking a gamble.
>>
>>318254790
It's like treefiddy on the current steam sale.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>318253717
its basically free advertising. Video game bloggers are hungry for anything so they can make their 10 cents a word. We live in a world where everything and and anything can be spun into a news story.
>>
>>318253496
> escapistmagazine

Nope. Clickbait website. Part of the cult of sjw who declared gamers are dead a year ago.

Fuck you for linking directly to them on old news that the rest of /v/ already knew last week.
>>
>>318255297

You really think KT wouldn't squeeze every drop they could out of the gaijin who wants the lemon?

Even if you're right, they won't give away the rights for cheaper than that. If negotiations become serious, Huniedev'll have to pony up to make it look better than sitting on it and waiting.
>>
>>318254790
>generic match 3 with memes and horrible drawn boobs
>fun
kill yourself, my man
>>
>>318255429

That's true. I bet huniepop sales spiked after that.
>>
Holy hell those fags in the comments
>>
>>318253496
why on hell would you talk about business on social media? that's unprofessional as fuck.
>>
>>318255717
Welcome to the new age, anon.
>>
>>318255497
After you blow your fucking head off
>>
>>318255429
>>318255604
Only butthurt sjws are spinning it off as advertising and business shit because they got BTFO over and over and over that day.

>>318255717
They did it to show Koei that fans want their game over here. That's all it was.
>>
>>318253496

heh, he accepted The Escapist's offer for a story after he blasted Kotaku when they asked
>>
File: 1447193273392.png (65 KB, 614x464) Image search: [Google]
1447193273392.png
65 KB, 614x464
>>318255906
Reminds me of the NeoFag thread where they all went dindu nuffin
>>
>>318255435
>Clickbait website. Part of the cult of sjw who declared gamers are dead a year ago.
Do you know anything about the Escapist?

They were like, the very first site to reform their ethics guidelines, and since then they've pretty much let go everyone on staff who leaned towards SJW (Jim Stirling and MovieBob were among the first to get shown the door).

And they've never been clickbait.

Just look at that article. It's 100% straight, un-biased, nothing but fact reporting.

The Escapist fell on hard times for a short while but they're still good journalists.
>>
>>318255906

SJW are spinning KT off as this being a publicity stunt.

Huniepop is literally just screaming "look at me guys!"
>>
>>318256080
They couldnt stand being BTFOed politely so they took the easy way out. Typical.
>>
File: svu gamers 1.jpg (149 KB, 1432x798) Image search: [Google]
svu gamers 1.jpg
149 KB, 1432x798
>>318255906
>Only butthurt sjws are spinning it off as advertising and business shit because they got BTFO over and over and over that day.

It's the only thing they have left.

When they get what they want, it becomes really obvious the retards they are.
>>
>>318256174
In that thread, their mods outright admitted they were disgusted by DOAX3. But hey, we dindu nuffin. Just wanted "better representation of women" by censoring the games that actually represent women in more than just the tumblr way.
>>
>>318256062
>Kotaku
Who ?
>>
>>318256114

I don't even know why non-sjws would ever believe otherwise from those guys. KT is an EA-tier company when it comes to business practice and ethics.

Even the shittiest companies become heroes as long as they say the magic word?
>>
>>318256062

>allowing shitaku to interview you

that's like letting a known child rapist date you
>>
How the fuck does he have that amount of money anyways?
>>
>>318256062
Funny. Why were they different?
>>
File: smug pepes.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
smug pepes.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>>318256810

>saying non-sjws unironically
>being this butthurt

Neofag, why does you continue to live when everything fun is shit to you?
take your own medicine and the world would be happier.

>>318258734
sales are really good
>>
Why do you guys praise them for it?
They are just making a fool of themselves, that proposition is kinda hilarious and its also absurd for them to do this.
>>
>>318258825

Hey, I get it. DOA has some hot chicks, and you feel like you gotta defend your having blown hundreds of dollars on that DLC for a substandard port. Sometimes your boner gets the better of you.
>>
>>318255906
You know that there is no such thing as bad press. Other than a bunch of no name and hacks that are on twitter nothing really happened. People got upset on the internet big fucking whoop.
>>
File: gappy.png (106 KB, 350x319) Image search: [Google]
gappy.png
106 KB, 350x319
>>318258924
>>318258984
>>318259051

>three new buttblast posts
>no new id whatsoever
>>
>>318253496
>HuniePop Dev Offers $1 Million for Right to Publish Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
Are those kids aware of how trading laws work and how this is literally impossible without a proper merger?
>>
Nothing will save him from that horrible HunnieCam artstyle though.

Nothing.
>>
>>318258825
We've had a couple of NeoFag posters the past days damage controlling. NeoFag locked their own thread as to save face.
>>
>>318259051

>You know that there is no such thing as bad press

This is the dumbest fucking meme on planet earth.

If you owned a restaurant, would you publish a Youtube video of rats and cockroaches in your kitchen to get "bad press" that isnt bad in your world?
Do you honestly think that would increase your profits?
>>
>>318259132
I'm at work now cant prove your stupidity
>>
>>318259302
It's SJW damage control. Meanwhile anyone that speaks poorly of Anita gets ding dong banned on those sites. If all publicity is good, why not let more people talk about that bat shit insane moral police?
>>
File: delicious_tears.jpg (84 KB, 432x600) Image search: [Google]
delicious_tears.jpg
84 KB, 432x600
>>318259337

>I can't prove I am not samefagging
>uwwahhh the post

cry more. your tears sustain me
>>
Considering the 2 companies are unrelated and not linked together with any sort of contract, isn't this tweet considered a bribe?
>>
>guy who hates people who like "waifus"
>actively sabotages his own characters just to get people to stop waifuing them

>now acting like he wants a waifu game in the USA
Yeah this idiot just wants to be popular on the internet and be contrary to SJWs

Audrey is still my waifu tho
>>
>>318259412

Dont dodge the question.

You said THERE IS NO BAD PRESS.

I asked you if a restaurant owner should publish a vid of vermin in his kitchen because there is no bad press. Just admit you are wrong and were fine.
>>
>>318259442
Yes.
>>
>>318259302
That Amy's Bakery that was on that restaurant show was around for 4 or so years people went to it because they were curious. NO SUCH THING AS BAD PRESS.
>>
>>318259514
Calm down shit lord I was agreeing with you
>>
>>318259546
Bullshit. That was a fake show. In real life a place would not only get shut down by the health inspector, but people wouldn't want to eat there.

Not him, but if say Hasbro got caught having dangerous materials in their toys, would parents still buy them?
>>
File: doax3 mcgee 1.jpg (92 KB, 513x504) Image search: [Google]
doax3 mcgee 1.jpg
92 KB, 513x504
Poor SJW's.

The more the world goes their way, the more obvious it becomes the dipshits they are.
>>
>>318259474
The DOA dev also hates people who like waifus and has censored fan-made outfits for DOA.

Funny how /v/ supports him even though he openly supports censorship.
>>
>>318259660
They do and they only issue recalls if a certain amount of kids die or get sick. If not, they don't do shit.
>>
>>318259775
its his game and he can be as much as a dickhole as he wants to. Just because you own the game doesn't mean that you "own" it.
>>
>>318259838
That semi true. If the press is bad they issue recalls, but that's the whole point. It's bad press and when parents see the press they stop giving Hasbro their money.
>>
>>318259775
Oh

I guess I'll buy that new senran game instead
>>
>>318259721
the backlash is going to be beautiful
>>
>people went to it because they were curious
>that restaurant TV show

A:"Have you seen the video of Anons restaurant? It was so disgusting! I had to puke!"
B:"Yeah, that guy should go to jail. What the fuck is wrong with people."
A:"You know what, lets go eat there, Im curious"
B:"Thats seems like a perfectly reasonable idea, lets go!"
>>
File: CUn4vs_UEAAwEpu.jpg:large.jpg (45 KB, 552x311) Image search: [Google]
CUn4vs_UEAAwEpu.jpg:large.jpg
45 KB, 552x311
>>318256080
>>
>>318260015
Pretty much.
>>
>Constant stream of for or against stories about SJWs in the games industry
>More and more "We do what SJdon't" occurrences
>More and more people siding with the more fun group
I don't know what people expected, this is what happens with sustained things in popular culture. It's like the ponyfags, it exploded into a huge fanbase, and then a huge resistance to them exploded just as fast.
>>
>>318260190
More people don't give a shit at the end of the day.
>>
>>318260228
Well yeah, nowadays there isn't such a huge divide. The Twilight series is another example, nobody gives a shit any more, even those who liked the books/films.
>>
>>318260015
You only buy shit once out of curiosity.

Bad press only works when it has nothing to do with the product itself. You can say some developer is a wifebeater or registered pedophile to get people take a look at his work. But if the work itself is good, then the bad press has given him couple more customers.

But you cannot sell product THAT IS SHIT more than once. People deconstructing Anita's facts for example give her shortlived traffic from the curios and long time damage. People don't go watch her because she is right. They go to see her be wrong.
>>
>>318253496
they should use that 1 million to fix huniecams artstyle
>>
>>318260190
>It's like the ponyfags
The resistance was there before the ponyfags, but the resistance grew as poni grew, because poni was getting big.
>>
>>318260327
Expect for the global ban that works faster than cp.
>>
>>318260793
People will buy anything.
>>
>>318259721
What's McGee talking about here?
>>
>>318259152
Nintendo did publish Bayo 2 without a merger
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.