[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post the definitive versions of games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: 51ZAD7V8ZBL.jpg (47 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
51ZAD7V8ZBL.jpg
47 KB, 354x500
ITT: We post the definitive versions of games.
>>
File: fuckmeintheass2.jpg (118 KB, 790x793) Image search: [Google]
fuckmeintheass2.jpg
118 KB, 790x793
>>
File: SH HD.jpg (104 KB, 640x903) Image search: [Google]
SH HD.jpg
104 KB, 640x903
>>
>>318247126
thanks for reminding me of this gem
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 498x500
I'm not bait posting though
>>
>>318249000
oh shit anon, this was a really fucking good rpg, even had some pretty cool minigames and secret shit
>>
>>318246981
If people can get over the cutscenes this is literally the best version of MGS
>>
>>318250849
No, because it has an inferior soundtrack, inferior use of color, inferior vocal performances, an inferior localized script and I won't even argue about the gameplay changes.
>>
>>318251424
Some hot opinions you have there.
>I won't even argue about the gameplay changes.
Good, because only nostalgiafaggots force that onto it.
>>
>>318249000
TRIPS
>>
>>318246981
Friendly reminder that TTS is Raiden going through the Shadow Moses incident in VR,ñ.
>>
>>318251424
All of those highly subjective things I disagree with.
It's got objective gameplay improvements, which matter the most to a fucking video game.
>>
>>318253345
>It's got objective gameplay improvements,
That the environments are objectively not designed around
>>
>>318253507
>That the environments are objectively not designed around
Some. And so?
>>
>>318250849
>worse voice acting
>breaks the level design and AI with later mechanics
No
>>
>>318253554
So unlike MGS2, that has levels that put all sorts of shit in the way and use more cramped environments and other tricks that keep you from tranqing everyone easily, TTS does not.
>>
File: Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png (151 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png
151 KB, 250x349
>>
>>318253763
>that keep you from tranqing everyone easily
So self control is your problem, not the game?
>>
>>318253821
that is correct my nigga
>>
>>318253862
So if you're not going to use that great new MGS2 aiming mechanic and tranq gun because they're unbalanced, lest ye be a dirty casual, why mention them as a positive at all?
>>
>>318253862
>game has a mechanic and doesn't build itself around the mechanic to ensure that it's balanced
This is a bad thing and no amount of self-imposed challenge by "removing" the option nullifies this.
>>
>>318254012
I wasn't the one complaining about them. I see no problem in having more options.

>>318254060
>This is a bad thing and no amount of self-imposed challenge by "removing" the option nullifies this.
So all games with cheats are bad things?
>>
File: WotLK_box.jpg (185 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
WotLK_box.jpg
185 KB, 419x604
>>
>>318254143
>So all games with cheats are bad things?
Are you honestly, truly, unironically comparing a core mechanic to a cheat?

Are you TRYING to be retarded?
>>
>>318249000
first game i ever had for my gameboy, was the fuckin shit
>>
>>318254249
No, because the extra feature added are not core mechanics. It can be used or not, exactly the same as (for example) big head mode, depending on if the player wants to.
Why do you hate choice?
>>
>>318246981
>Metal Gear Euphoria: Twin Fedoras as definitive
>>
File: 53666.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
53666.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>318246981
>Twin snakes
>Definitive
>>
>>318254379
>>318254468
Deal w/it, nostalgia fag.
>>
>>318254379
>>318254468
fools
>>
>>318254378
Your logic here says that the guns in Ratchet & Clank are an "extra feature" because you can finish the game without them.

First-person aiming or the tranq gun are not even REMOTELY the same thing as Big Head Mode, you absolute retard.
They are mechanics, they affect the game in a real way, and cannot be turned off.

MGS2 improved the mechanics and added new elements to the gameplay, and as a result it changed the level design and AI to accommodate the player's new capabilities.

TTS takes the now-outdated level design and AI from MGS1 and injects it with MGS2 gameplay.

Resulting in a fundamentally broken package.
You cannot defend this. There is no defense for it. It's simply poor game design.

What you're trying to do here is just an extension of "well if you take out the bad parts, then it's good!"
I'm honestly having a hard time believing that you're being genuine here because holy shit, you are so dumb.
>>
>>318254829
>Your logic here says that the guns in Ratchet & Clank are an "extra feature" because you can finish the game without them.
No no, MGS1 had set core mechanics, some even non-required. They continued on to TTS, with extras added from MGS2, which were superfluous, but optional.
>they affect the game in a real way, and cannot be turned off.
They don't have to be used, though. No one forced you to use first person at any point.
>What you're trying to do here is just an extension of "well if you take out the bad parts, then it's good!"
Except I'm not saying they're even bad. You're saying that, because it can cause a different experience to that which you first encountered.
>>
>>318254829
How is it broken? What is broken? Do you know what that word means?
>>
>>318255081
>No no, MGS1 had set core mechanics, some even non-required
OK

So let me follow this
So what you're saying is... the only "core mechanics" of a game are the ones that were present in the first title?

Is that what you're trying to posit here?
So everything else is just "superfluous?"

So camo and stamina weren't core mechanics of MGS3, then?

>They don't have to be used, though.
That doesn't matter.
Like I said, I don't have to use the guns in R&C but that doesn't make them any less of a core mechanic.

Or like saying that the melee/CQC in MGS is just something extra and not a fundamental control element.

>>318255424
Tranqs make the game infinitely easier, obviously.
The first-person camera lets you aim better, more efficiently, and get angles on guards who have no way of retaliating.

You also have a handful of movement options that didn't exist in the original which make sneaking around that much easier.
>>
>>318251424
Much more fun to play homie. And ths soundtrack and VA is more in line with the rest of the series.
>>
>>318253763
>keep you from tranqing everyone easily
Show examples. Theres just as many cheese rooms in MGS2 as TTS. Hell, theres not even many guards in TTS and a lot of their AI and paths are updated to accomodate your new move set.
>>
>>318255662
>So camo and stamina weren't core mechanics of MGS3, then?
MGS3 wasn't a remake of MGS1.
>That doesn't matter.
Right, didn't realise your opinion was a deciding factor here.
>Tranqs make the game infinitely easier, obviously.
>The first-person camera lets you aim better, more efficiently, and get angles on guards who have no way of retaliating.
>You also have a handful of movement options that didn't exist in the original which make sneaking around that much easier.
>easier
>easier
If that's your problem, then don't use them? The scrubs can feel free, but you can keep your sense of superiority when you brag on Cambodian hentai forums.
>>
Why are TTS fags so defensive? When you bring up obvious problems with it as a remake they act like you called their mother a whore.
>>
>>318256120
Because the "problems" are usually petty opinions. Why are the nostalgia fags so angry that a remake might have improved upon something?
>>
>>318251424

In your opinion maybe
>>
>>318256120
Originalfags aren't better, if you suggest TTS did something even slightly better they never fucking stop telling you how wrong you are
>>
>>318255898
>MGS3 wasn't a remake of MGS1.
Oh my God the hoops

So what I'm hearing is that X is not a core mechanic because... you say so.
Clearly the qualifier of "you don't have to use it" is not a universal application, since the same could be said of many core mechanics but oh, see they weren't MGS1 remakes so it doesn't count.

How does that make any goddamn sense?

>If that's your problem, then don't use them?
>The scrubs can feel free
>The scrubs
Jesus Christ, are you even listening to yourself?

Why are you trying to defend its inclusion if it's "for scrubs?" Shadow Moses was not designed for the control of MGS2, end of.

It's not even like MGS1 was hard to begin with. There's no bragging in saying "I beat Twin Snakes by playing it like it was designed to be played"
You may as well just say "I beat MGS1"
Great job. You and a couple million others.

If you're going to play Twin Snakes without using all the gameplay elements it added, then there's no fucking point and you should just play MGS1.
>>
>>318246981
Yes, this is the definitive version of the Twin Snakes abomination of a game.
>>
>>318249000
gay ass white boy shit
>>
>Twin Snakes is bad because you can just FPS trans everyone

>tranqing at all in MGS
>ever

Stop being a fucking casual faggot. If you do it in 2 you're shit and relying on a crutch. If you do it in 3 you're even worse.
>>
>>318256417
>Oh my God the hoops
Seriously? You think 3 was a remake of 1? Was 2 as well?
>So what I'm hearing is that X is not a core mechanic because... you say so.
No, because the game was already made with particular core mechanics.
>Why are you trying to defend its inclusion if it's "for scrubs?
Because I'm a proponent of freedom of choice. Plus, it's such an easy thing to shoot down in nostalgiafag arguments.
>>
>>318256647
>No, because the game was already made with particular core mechanics.
And the remake was made with new core mechanics.

Might as well try to tell me that strafing and weapon levels are just "optional features" in the R&C remake coming up.

That's not how a core mechanic is defined. It's within a single work, not within the context of the franchise.

A character's movement and control is ALWAYS a set of core mechanics. Always.

>Plus, it's such an easy thing to shoot down in nostalgiafag arguments.
"Just don't use it scrub" is not shooting down a criticism.

Also, I'm not even a nostalgiafag.
I got into MGS fuckin' two years ago, or whenever Legacy came out.
>>
>>318256120
Why do MGS fags pretend that their game is perfect?
>>
>>318257140
I don't think anyone is claiming that MGS1 is perfect
>>
>>318256992
>And the remake was made with new core mechanics.
Not really, because the rest of the game was unchanged. If they put in the MGS3 camo system, that still wouldn't be a core mechanic in TTS, because there was simply no need for it in that or 1. It'd just be an extra.
>A character's movement and control is ALWAYS a set of core mechanics. Always.
Not always. Like the ability to jump in a lot of shooters.
>"Just don't use it scrub" is not shooting down a criticism.
It is when you claim that using a non-essential feature ruins the game.
>>
>>318246981
Stop trying to make people upset you fucking retard literally no living human on the face of the earth thinks that Twin Snakes is better than the original MGS
>>
>>318246981
hahahahahhahaha nice thread
>>
>>318257502
Except for people who have played both.
>>
>>318257502
clearly a joke thread famalam
>>
>>318257502
I've played both. MGS is better. TTS is retarded and they didn't rebalance difficulty when they added mechanics from 2
>>
>>318257610
I've played both. Twin Snakes was a nice distraction when it came out. But no one looks back fondly on it as "Metal Gear Solid 1" because it does not feel like Metal Gear Solid 1. It feels like an alternative, less definitive version of an otherwise fantastic PS1 title. I don't see why you'd even argue this, unless of course you haven't played the original see how that works
>>
>>318257423
>because the rest of the game was unchanged.
Well of course they can't change Shadow Moses, that'd be absurd. It's too iconic.

But the least they could have done was beef the guard AI to compensate for the player's increased abilities.

>If they put in the MGS3 camo system, that still wouldn't be a core mechanic in TTS
Yes, it would be.

>Not always. Like the ability to jump in a lot of shooters.
What? Yes. Jumping in a shooter is a part of movement, which is a core mechanic.

>It is when you claim that using a non-essential feature ruins the game.
Does the concept of "dominant strategy" mean nothing to you?

Why wouldn't I use them? And if I didn't, why not just play MGS1 where they never existed to begin with?
>>
>>318254829
>TTS takes the now-outdated level design and AI from MGS1
>and AI from MGS1
Stop talking out of your ass, retard. They gave TTS brand new AI.

>>318257751
>But the least they could have done was beef the guard AI to compensate for the player's increased abilities.
They DID you fucking retard.
Each time you say this it becomes more obvious you've never played it.
>>
File: 81XTUUbY8KL._SL1476_.jpg (458 KB, 1163x1476) Image search: [Google]
81XTUUbY8KL._SL1476_.jpg
458 KB, 1163x1476
>>
>>318257902
only reason i wish i had a vita
this game is the frikkin shit, mane
>>
>>318257751
>But the least they could have done was beef the guard AI to compensate for the player's increased abilities.
Oh, I agree there.
>Yes, it would be.
Not unless the game was radically changed. Especially the environments.
>What? Yes. Jumping in a shooter is a part of movement, which is a core mechanic.
Not in CoD3 or the like. The point being that there can be superfluous movement mechanics.
>Does the concept of "dominant strategy" mean nothing to you?
Not in a single player game when one dislikes the particular options.
>Why wouldn't I use them?
Because in your opinion they "ruin" the gameplay.
>And if I didn't, why not just play MGS1 where they never existed to begin with?
Why don't you? I'm not saying you need to play TTS. Just that it's better than the original, and your opinions/nostalgia don't change that.
>>
>>
>>318257502

I prefer it. I honestly prefer the GC graphics over the vomit inducing textures and the character models wirh parkinson's disease.

In my opinion every single aspect of the game is better than the original except for 2 or 3 instances of some very over the top moments in cutscenes. But I can easily overlook those as I'm not fucking autistic.

The argument that the games too easy as a result of FPS aiming isn't an issue for me as I never tranq in ANY MGS game. Its much too easy to do in 2 and 3 and is basically a crutch for people in the first place. So not using it in TS isn't a problem.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.