[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy rights to beloved but dead game franchise >Take out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Battlefront.jpg (113 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Battlefront.jpg
113 KB, 960x960
>Buy rights to beloved but dead game franchise
>Take out 3/4 of the content
>Slap on some nice shiny graphics to make it look like you gave a shit
>Force players to buy $50 DLC to get the full experience
>Make assloads of cash because you slapped "Star Wars" on the cover

How do they keep getting away with it?
>>
Because are stupid.
>>
Idiots that give them money, i have 2 friends that stupidly spent their money on this jew game.
>>
>>318245012
>How do they keep getting away with it?
They don't. The game is already dead. Less players on PC than fucking BF4.
>>
Gamers are dumb and EA knows it. They don't care about the quality of the product. They'd rather spend money on damage control and advertising than making a good game.
>>
>>318245012
EA knows how to handle a business
>>
I bought it and part of me likes it part of me finds it infuriating.
>>
>So much hype before this came out
>Comes out
>All talk of it completely dies
>No one gives a shit about it

Hilarious. How many people are playing this piece of shit?
>>
>>318245012
>How do they keep getting away with it?
They've been losing significant sales game to game since Bad Company ended and Battlefront is expected to be a commercial failure based on the analysis I've seen.
>>
File: 1446428199224.jpg (16 KB, 466x351) Image search: [Google]
1446428199224.jpg
16 KB, 466x351
I feel sad that that I bought it, I even bought the premium and I got bored after 2 days. The lack of content, depth and variety in this game is laughable at best. I feel ripped off but its my own fault falling for the hype because I love Star Wars.
>>
>>318245012
>Be kid
>Literally played thousands of hours of BF2
>Weep when I play this cancer

They get away with it because of the nostalgia that people like me have
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD6Iao0490o

this guy is a true star wars fan, he is a fucking autist but he pin points how lazy dice was when making this game. getting the maps and sounds right is easy getting the characters and gameplay to feel like a star wars game is not
>>
>>318245012
>most immersive star wars yet
yet they not only got ROTJ luke on hoth they fucking got ROTJ Vader on hoth how do you fuck up this bad? especially the promos for this game
they show Hoth leia on endor and rotj luke on hoth they could have switched it to make more sense
>>
>>318245248
>because are stupid
Yup good point
>>
Oddly enough, I've heard that a lot of people are exchanging Battlefront for Fallout 4. Lesser of two evils, but what can ya do?
>>
because its got the words 'Star Wars Battlefront' on it

you could repackage Atari 2600 games under the same name, and people would buy it by the truckload
>>
So it sucks? As big Star Wars fan it sucks? I was planning on buying it.. Probably gonna torrent it and try it. Graphics looks nice tho..
>>
>>318246973
>true star wars fan
>can remember what an AT-ST is

Nah
>>
The only hype part of this all was that E3 teaser announcement.
It just died more and more after that.
I'm not even curious to try this at all and I sued to go on that BF3 fan site all the time throughout my youth.
>>
>>318247252
The graphics and music are literally the best part of it, it's really sad because what BF3 would have been with these graphics would have been amazing
>>
>>318247497
he went through a lot of detail on how they got the hands wrong for storm troopers, not gonna defend him but in the second part you can tell he was getting pissed with all the stupid decisions dice made
>>
>>318247252
>pirating a multiplayer game

In other words, there's no single player campaign or couch co-op skirmishes.

That'll be $110 plus tax.
>>
File: 1441300897906.jpg (67 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1441300897906.jpg
67 KB, 640x430
>>318245012
It's a really fucking good game, it's just missing the other half of the game locked behind EA's gigantic fucking asshole that requires a forklift of money to move.
>>
>>318247898
>It's a really fucking good game
I hope you're talking about the visuals and sound design here
>>
Only real issue I have with the game is the star cards / loadout.
Just like in Battlefield there are way too many explosives and shit.
Whatever you do in whatever game mode there are things exploding everywhere and lock-on rockets everywhere.
On top of that they all have unlimited ammo and short cooldowns
and on the smaller game modes everyone's running around with the same OP CQ handgun and grenade spamming
>>
>>318246894
Couldn't have said it better for me.
>>
>>318247252
the bigger the star wars fan the more you will hate it fans have tore it apart for the issues it has, the less you like star wars the more you will hate it because with out star wars the game is a shallow piece of shit. The only way you can enjoy this game is if you are a casual star wars fan someone who just sees luke on hoth and goes "wow just like the movies" if your some one who says "why the fuck is it return of the jedi luke on hoth" you won't because it gets worse
>>
>>318246973
>this game is so casual you can win by hip firing!
>s-stop sniping me!
>>
>>318249343

I played BF I/II soely third person firing from the hip.

Trying to do the same in this one, but on Endor there's just too much fucking clutter to keep track.
>>
>>318246031
It's not dead but not respectable, competing with CoD #s
>>
>>318245012
However shitty the game design is, whoever did the graphics/engine and sound deserves a big Christmas bonus.
>>
>>318250689
>sound
and the voice director should be fired
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.