[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been playing M&L Partners In Time for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Sunnycide.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Sunnycide.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
So I've been playing M&L Partners In Time for the first time, and I just finished the Yoob segment and moved onto the desert. Why does Sunnycide exist? He's not hard, just really tedious. Maybe I was a little underleveled(probably only by 1), but it took five turns to break 5 eggs, only for him to get back up in less than that. Are there any other bosses that are unnecessarily long in this game?
>>
>>318242001
very dumbass game designer in america decided to add more healty
>>
>>318242001
>Are there any other bosses that are unnecessarily long in this game?
Just fucking wait, you'll be in for a terrible surprise later on.
>>
>>318242001
The health is that much for the American version.
>>
its the worst M&L game by far and a piece of shit

SS>BIS>>>DT>>>>>>>>>>>>PiN
>>
All the bosses are unnecessarily long. It only gets worse from here. US version added a ton of health to bosses. Final boss takes like an hour to beat.
>>
>>318242001
I recently heard another complaint about this, and realized most of the bosses did take me a long time to fight in my playthrough, but not necessarily because they were strong. There just always seemed to be either some gimmick I didn't fully understand at first, like the eggs with Sunnycide, or the fact that they had multiple phases.

There's one particular trick later on that I both love because of how creative it is and hate because you're almost required to do it and there's very little in the way of hints that you can do so
>>
>>318244070
>There's one particular trick later on that I both love because of how creative it is and hate because you're almost required to do it and there's very little in the way of hints that you can do so

What's the trick?
>>
File: elder shroob.png (17 KB, 110x98) Image search: [Google]
elder shroob.png
17 KB, 110x98
>>318242001
>He's not hard, just really tedious
Oh man you're in for a treat later
>>
>>318244427
Elder Shrooboid will create a timer UFO and occasionally throw spiked balls at you. Depending on where the UFO is in the air, you either have to use Mario or Luigi's hammer to strategically knock the spiked ball into the UFO, giving you extra turns
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-29+at+02.28.23).png (15 KB, 340x230) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-29+at+02.28.23).png
15 KB, 340x230
Actually the game was designed for NA first, then "rebalanced" for international release.
>>
>>318242001
If you're emulating, I would reccommend using the European version, it fixed the ridiculous boss health.
>>
>>318244553
>all the shroobs talk in their weird language
>she can talk in perfect English
I always kind of thought that was weird
>>
The murrican bosses have much more HP for some bullshit reason.
>>
>>318243712
PiT is indeed that worst, but it is in no way a bad game. Your taste is garbage.

>>318243856
Only about 20-30 minutes if you use bro items like you're supposed to.
>>
>>318246158
no fuck you
babies added nothing and bro items was dumb as hell compared to bro attacks
>>
>>318244827
that shit was the worst

I figured it out immediately but died like three times because I couldn't hit the damn thing
>>
>>318242001

I fucking hated this game or whichever one came out first on the GBA because I was expecting something closer to SMRPG but instead we got this hot garbage.
>>
>>318246540
they were literally the same but you just had to buy attacks as items instead of items to refill points to use them
>>
File: 1440104844842.jpg (277 KB, 882x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440104844842.jpg
277 KB, 882x1200
>he can't kill princess shroob with a single copy flower

it's amazing people this bad exist
>>
>>318248486
get good
>>
>>318248564
SuperStar Saga is miles better than SMRPG
>>
For better or for worse, badge beans are actually quite precious.
You can't get all of the extra badges without torturous grinding. If you don't grind beans, you end up with just enough for the best badge before the final fight.

I still don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>318242001
Mario and Luigi Partners in time added the LONGEST bosses.

Holy shit, pray to god you don't run out of bros items.
>>
>>318246540
So being a little worse than SSS is "total shit"? you must hate the M&L games.
>>
>>318249715
Considering that the game showers you with Bros. items and you aren't using them for regular fights, you'll have plenty to use even if you're bad at them.
>>
>>318243410
Quit spreading misinformation retard. The American version was first just like Superstar Saga. AlphaDream likes making adjustments at the last second.
>>
>>318249467
>If you don't grind beans, you end up with just enough for the best badge before the final fight.

Do you mean the badge that gives you unlimited Bro Items?
>>
>>318251995
Yep
>>
Almost everything is unnecessarily long in PiT, with the final boss being the worst offender. It's part of the reason why PiT is the worst M&L game, though it's still an alright game overall.

If I recall correctly they buffed the health on pretty much everything in the North American versions of the game for some Godforsaken reason, making it even worse.
>>
>>318249467
You can grind beans? I don't remember anything like that.
>>
>>318254191

Normally you have to find them, but you can easily farm infinite beans using the slots in Thwomp Volcano if you're patient.
>>
>>318254091
Read the thread. You recalled wrong.

Alpha Dream isn't a stranger to fixing mistakes in later versions. They nerfed healing items in the non American versions of Superstar Saga because they healed a pointlessly high amount of HP. They also fixed a bug with item drops that was present in the American version and fixed the background during the Hammer bro tutorial.

As for Partners in Time they lowered the HP and raised attack for non-American versions of the game.

If you couldn't tell both Superstar Saga and Partners in Time were released in America first.
>>
>>318249467
IIRC most of Fawful's other badges kind of sucked, so it didn't bother me too much.
>>
>>318242001
Copy flower is the only way to break the damage limit and kill the last boss in 3 uses. You'll also be plenty capable of doing enough damage to kill the most annoying boss in one shot with 2 copy flowers, one for each phase if you're good enough.

Seriously, highest damage I ever did with it was 3097 in one go and I kept leveling stache points for lucky hits.
>>
>>318248742
Holy shit my nigger, I always thought I was the only one who exclusively used the copy flowers once you got them

The mix flowers are a noob trap and the last boss in every form only takes about 2 minutes or less with the copy flowers, its so fucking broken
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.