[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, do you think there's actually viral marketing going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: QuitGettingMad[1].gif (10 KB, 222x221) Image search: [Google]
QuitGettingMad[1].gif
10 KB, 222x221
Hey /v/, do you think there's actually viral marketing going on on 4chan or is it just a meme? I'd understand companies doing it on places like Reddit where they have a huge user base and a PC audience, but 4chan is seen as a boogeyman by most of the mainstream and the user base is really small compared to other big sites. Thoughts?
>>
>>318237691

"Stop liking what I don't like"

"Stop shilling, shill"

Basically the same sentence here
>>
File: 1447605337419.jpg (63 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1447605337419.jpg
63 KB, 878x814
/v/ is visited by 1.9 million people daily.
>small userbase
>>
>>318237867
actually half of that is just me, on various IP addresses
>>
>>318237691
That's what they want you to believe.
>>
>>318237691
has it ever happened?
probably
does it really fucking matter if it does?
no
are you really going to be inclined to buy or not buy a game because of some shilling shitposter?
hope not
>>
File: 1430983164627.jpg (2 MB, 2850x2800) Image search: [Google]
1430983164627.jpg
2 MB, 2850x2800
>>
It's a meme and a copout to making an actual argument. There is no reason a company would pay anyone to post on /v/ when normal anons would discuss games anyway.
>>
>>318238681
If anyone believes this image they're insane. What a crock of shit.
>>
>>318237691

Okay I have no idea how many unique IPs come to /v/ everyday, but it must be in the tens of thousands. People would be stupid not to come here to promote their games. You create a thread every few hours and you basically guarantee thousands of people are seeing it for basically nothing.
>>
>>318238892
Good goyim
>>
>>318237691
I'm sure that sometimes there are actual shills getting paid to post here, given the number of people that come to /v/. But most accusations of shilling are "stop liking what I don't like", plain and simple.
>>
>>318238892

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were true. This shit is fucking scary.
>>
>>318238892
That sounds exactly like something THEY'D want you to believe! The conspiracy is real!

WHO ARE YOU?!
>>
>>318237867
sauce on numbers?
>>
Yes, but it's the smaller niche companies, not the big ones like EA/Activision. /v/ is pretty much the primary userbase for weebshit publishers like NISAand fatlus
>>
There's usually people like that installed in every game forum with account systems, of course they're here as well.
>>
Every single day there are multiple threads that advertise buying a ps4, it's then quickly filled with positive posts about buying ps4s.

PS4 has literally one game that /v/ respects, I know there are people who get suckered into it but no one can be feeling that good about owning a homeless DRM box.
>>
>>318239785
Is it really hard to believe that out of the millions of people who own a PS4, a small fraction of them post on /v/? and also

>PS4 has literally one game that /v/ respects
>Implying that /v/ is one person
>>
File: 1424922410299.png (219 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1424922410299.png
219 KB, 853x480
>that time we had a Toddposting banner that linked to the fucking Bethesda store page for Fallout 4
>>
>>318240140
The posts are obvious shilling
>look at ps4
>check out new ps4 feature
>how does Sony keep serving these whoppers
>based Sony
>look at this special addition ps4
>look at these ps4 prices

If these were real people they'd probably be talking about the games and experiences instead of marketing lines
>>
>>318241045
I agree with you if that's the case since I don't really come to /v/ that much anymore. Something similar happened when the PS4 was announced at E3 and they said you would have to pay for PSN, everyone was sucking their dicks and no one cared at all. Really pissed me off.
>>
>>318241442
It seems to have mostly stopped for now thankfully.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.