[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he even here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Absolute Knob.jpg (8 KB, 158x318) Image search: [Google]
Absolute Knob.jpg
8 KB, 158x318
What was the purpose of this guy again? I played through 3 and rouge, but seriously. This guy just acted like a fucking knob throughout the whole series of games. Then when you kill him in 3, he basically says Connor was a mistake and should have never been born. What the fuck was his purpose?
>>
>>318237215
To basically show you that Connor was in the wrong the entire way, and his role in Rogue was basically to cripple Achilles at the end and get taken down a peg by Adewale. All Connor does is basically kill men who were only trying to do what they could to save the Indians and help Britain control another nation. Instead Connor goes essentially sealing his own demise and getting a man who has no idea what he's doing elected into office.

The entire game of 3 he was the best character, and in Rogue he felt out of character, but was still alright for the little he was in it.
>>
>>318237804
But why does he act like such an ass all the time. "Oh yes, I am in the right. I am doing what must be done. Oh you, look at you trying to fight with me. How quaint." Seriously dude? You got taken down by your own son who had less training then you did.
>>
He should have been the protagonist in 3
>>
>>318237971
Because he was raised as a ruthless killer, and his life was absolute shit from having Edward essentially killed because of something he said, being taken in by the Templar Grand Master as a blow to Edward's heritage, to having his sister enslaved, raped, and then having one of his best friends forcibly turned into a eunuch until he kills himself out of shame once they save his sister.

He's a man who doesn't mess around, he wants things done quickly, neatly, and with the least resources expended. He acts high and mighty because that's who he is, and keep in mind he's also Connor's father, a man who basically kept watch over his son from afar only to have him come back in a bloodthirsty rage killing all he worked so hard to build over a misunderstanding.

He tried reasoning with Connor several times, the entire sequence 7 is basically him trying to do that, and even in his death he tried to convince him.
>>
>>318238570
However, one could say that Connor was trying to steer him away from the templar order. Kind of like Luke and Vader. "I know you have some good left in you." Which is what Connor wanted to find in his father.
>>
File: 20.jpg (186 KB, 600x992) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
186 KB, 600x992
He exists to make me feel angry that I had to play as Connor instead of him.
Rogue exists to make me feel disappointed that they will never make a proper Templar game that lives up to the potential of the concept.
Black Flag exists to make me fall for it and play every new AC in hopes it will meet the standards it set, despite them never living up to it.

Ubisoft exists as penance for my sins. Showing me what could be then dashing my hopes and fucking my ass until I'm left crying in a puddle of my own blood and vomit.
>>
>>318238935
How was black flag any better? You played as a pirate who turned into an assassin.
>>
>>318238886
Yeah, but did Connor even know what exactly he was trying to stop? Throughout the entire game he kills the Templars, but all he gathers from any encounter is basically where the guy will be and then he goes off to kill them because Achilles said they were bad. The only legitimate threat was basically Biddle from the actual information they learn, and that's just because he was forming a blockade and terrorizing ships like a pirate would.

The only real thing Connor talked about is how people should be free to live their lives how they choose, and all I can remember Haytham chatting about is how sacrifices must be made to ensure more deaths don't happen, and how everything Connor does just makes more deaths in the name of his total freedom.
>>
>>318239135
The naval combat was fantastic.
The setting was different and vibrant.
Managing your fleet and upgrading your ship feels a lot better than managing Assassin's and upgrading cosmetics in a cafe or some shit.
Characters are diverse and likeable.
Edward is a well written protag.
Pirates are fucking dope.
Abstergo shit was there, but heavily pushed to the side, as it should be.
The added personality of stuff like shanties and Boss ship encounters felt cool.
Exploring the sea and finding treasure by going to random islands and scouting it out is a million times better than having a bunch of red chests marked on your map.

It just felt like a natural progression to the series. It was fun and delivered on what was expected of it, then surpassed it.
They need to make a Viking Creed or something.
>>
File: ac3-connor-214.jpg (132 KB, 1028x642) Image search: [Google]
ac3-connor-214.jpg
132 KB, 1028x642
>>318237804
That's why I liked AC3. The main character wasn't just all knowing and always in the right, like Ezio. Connor is disliked, but I think he actually had a well written character arc. He learns his lesson by the end, much like Altair did in AC1. However Connor had it harder because of didn't have really anyone to turn to. All he had was a broken man that had no right to tell Connor how to save assassins and his people.

Connor get shit on and I understand, but I think the main problem was the events that was happening and lack of variety in tone. Connor comes off as "daddy issue" the character, because there wasn't enough missions like Battle of Bunker Hill and Homestead missions. Also they wanted to have a link to what was happening between Desmond and his father.

I wish Connor could show up again as a seasoned Grand Master. Older, wiser and far past the mistakes that he made in the past.
>>
>>318239749
>Managing your fleet and upgrading your ship feels a lot better than managing Assassin's and upgrading cosmetics in a cafe or some shit.
Managing your fleet was awful solely because of needing to watch the animations(Which Rogue fixed) and having it actually run off of realtime(Which Rogue didn't fix). I had to basically wait a whole realtime week to 100% the game long after I already completed everything else because of it.
>>
>>318239146
But what Haytham does, in turn, causes more deaths as well. By his hand, no less. That isn't sacrifice. Thats murder for a cause. "PURGE TO MAKE A BETTER LAND." What a crock of shit.
>>
>>318239749
Or even better, 1920's or 1940's new york. Just think of it. You never know who you are fighting for. The templars? The assassins? All that is thrown around is "the order", which AC3 did. And for people bitching and saying, "But it would make it a turd person shooter." Not true. Other games had guns. The guns were balanced and you could counteract them. Plus, would be neat to see old 1920's or 40's gangster gangs around.
>>
>>318240685
Oh believe me, he was way in the wrong as well, especially with either knowing about or masterminding the Boston Fire and then proceeding to give the homeless blankets littered with the plague from what I recall just so they could kill those who were unsatisfactory in their eyes. There's also Haytham killing tons of men in cold blood for the worst of reasons, from the guy who tells him the information while he's with Connor, to the two guys they capture in the Fort who he kills because he'd have to feed them for two days and give them a guard or two.

Still, Connor's actions basically doomed the Indians, including his own people, cost thousands of lives due to most of the fights he participates in for various reasons, and makes it so the war goes on for way longer than it should just so America actually forms. They're both in the wrong.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.