[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should the next Fallout game take place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: USA_Flag_Pre-War.png (39 KB, 2000x1053) Image search: [Google]
USA_Flag_Pre-War.png
39 KB, 2000x1053
Inb4 Fallout is ruined, etc, etc. Yes, we know Fallout 4 is a let down, but lets be real here, there is going to be another Fallout sooner or later. That being so, where do you think the next game should take place?

I've always thought a Fallout game set in Florida would be fun. Swamps, Cuban ghouls, and cults dedicated to worshiping Mickey Mouse in the theme parks. What more could you want?
>>
I think Chicago could be fun, we know the Enclave and BoS already have a presence there.
>>
>>318236910
New york city or Florida
>>
Japan or no buy.
>>
Texas and New Orleans
>>
I think London could be fun. Or hell, even Beijing, would be interesting to see the effects of the great war on the other side
>>
>>318237858
This. If not then we really should get a taste of the central United States.
>>
Why the fuck does everybody say florida? And its always the stupid disney idea and muh mutant hillbillies. Do you people really want an entire game consisting of a swamp level?
>>
Toronto plz
>>
>>318238352
There could be worse location gimmicks dude, could be fun. Where would you place the game?
>>
If its by Obsidian it should be New Orleans, because thats what they wanted to do after Vegas and their ideas for it sounded pretty interesting

If its Bethesda then they should go the the next major Eastern City, which will either be NYC, Detroit, or Phili. They could also be massive jews and rip Tatics to do the Bethsda "canon" Chicago (They said although individual events and details like the BoS making better PA aren't canon, the overall idea of the BoS being there and something happening is canon)
>>
File: crafting.jpg (122 KB, 927x960) Image search: [Google]
crafting.jpg
122 KB, 927x960
I brought this up in another thread, but my idea would have it set on the West Coast. Basically, the NCR wants to build a real honest-to-goodness steam railroad from the Hub to a big frontier town, and you're part of the scouting teams assembled to go out before the tracklayers and make sure the way is clear.

You progress down a long, thin open world with things getting progressively more wild the further down you go, tracing the course of a river and some well-established caravan routes through little towns and so on, clearing shit out of the way of the tracklayers as you go. The railroad forms the main quest and all the dramas associated with clearing the wilds, but also deciding exactly which course it's going to follow as all the minor towns on the kind-of potential route fight each other to be a station town. So you get combat and diplomacy. There are also sidequests and so on.

Fast travel is facilitated by the train, so you get an incentive to actually complete the main quest as you go and it feels like you're really opening up the Wasteland and bringing light to dark places. Plenty of room for roleplaying and high-stakes drama that you can reasonably be influential in without being the super-special chosen one, and lots of factions too.

It'd be more styled on your 19th century rail barons versus the old west, and so your factions would be things like the navvys who work in horrible conditions laying tracks versus the railroad capitalist robber barons, plus you could have the NCR at home trying to keep control of the operation and I guess caravaners who are doing anything they can to stop the train line going through to preserve their profits.

And you get the sense of a real journey. It's an adventure from A to B, and a lot happens on the way, not just a big empty square full of themepark locations.
>>
>>318238440
Could be cool, we know through the lore that it's referred to as Ronto now
>>
>>318238545
Should mention that the open world isn't corridor-tier thin, but definitely longer than it is wide. You have some freedom to decide where the railroad track is laid too, with varying consequences.
>>
>>318237403
weeaboo get off my board
>>
seattle like they wanted
>>
Denver is now known as Dogtown because dogs have gentrified the city. Sounds like a cool spot for a west coast Fallout
>>
>>318238352
it's a diverse setting, personally I don't give a fuck about Disney but Cape Canaveral has potential

The Everglades would be terrifying as well

More importantly you can have actually new shit, entirely new factions can be explored
>>
BACK

TO

THE

BONEYARD
>>
>>318239253
>Denver
>West Coast
>>
Fallout: The Wind Waker

A young boy comes of age in Hawaii, now under attack from the Mirelurk empire. In his quest he must traverse the sea, visiting the various islands, as well as cope with the arrival of mysterious new figures claiming to hail from California.
>>
>>318236910
Hawaii.
>nucleovolcanic action
>sea pirates
>treasure
>tourist memorabilia
>spooky hotels
>sharky creatures
>hawaiian shirts
>>
>>318239574
Holy shit that would be amazing.
>>
Florida with New Orleans/Bermuda Triangle/Cuban Cartel DLCs.
>>
>>318240072
For a reddit memer perhaps
>>
Memphis would be a cool setting but they would probably do similar places like New Orleans or Nashville.
>>
Portland/Seattle

I want to shoot some fucking hipster ghouls
>>
Somewhere near the edge of the midwest, at least where you can see those Super Storms far in the distance. It would make for a good invsible wall thing.
That or let Obsidian try to do Van Buren justice.
>>
Chicago please so I can finally join the Enclave and bring back America.
>>
>>318242030
I also think this would be a good idea.
>>
>>318242137
>That or let Obsidian try to do Van Buren justice.
Half the shit from Van Buren wound up in NV in some shape or form so they don't have a whole lot left to go on in that regard.
>>
>>318236910

China.
>>
>>318242137
>That or let Obsidian try to do Van Buren justice.
They did. It's called New Vegas
>>
Do one in Mexico, lots of crazy shit to be experience down mexicoway
>>
>>318236910
Michigan
>>
>>318244921
chicago
>>
>>318236910
>we know Fallout 4 is a let down
whatever makes you feel better about relentless shitposting before the game was released
>>
You see the Events of the war unfold at the surface of the moon. Nice Panorama shot of the explosions. Hysteria and Isolation, then cryo freeze or descendent after 200 years and a rocket launch.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.