[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously. What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: J6qi5OI.png (543 KB, 610x427) Image search: [Google]
J6qi5OI.png
543 KB, 610x427
Seriously. What the fuck?
>>
>>318227887
>Phoenix Down
>Revives a KO'd ally with 25% of max HP.
>KO'd
Not dead.
>>
>>318228573

But you get shot, stabbed, blasted, bitten, nuked, and other shit beforehand.
>>
>>318228573
They tried with Galuf.

The FF7 party just didn't care about trying with Aeris.
>>
>>318228749
Yeah, and your characters genetics are heavily altered and shit with materia and the game is fantasy.
What is your point?
>>
This plot hole has been poked at this the game's release. You are not original.
>>
>>318227887
>game play mechanics translate 1:1 with story telling

Dorkly go home.
>>
Rule of thumb for every game ever

Cutscenes and gameplay have different rules.
>>
>>318228910
Niggas did everything for Galuf.
Healing magic, items you name it.
But honestly after you beat the shit out of the final boss with negative HP I doubt anything could save you.
>>
>>318227887
>Cutscene death
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 813x516) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26 KB, 813x516
Since this is a FF7 thread: Has anbody in the last 18 years managed to figure out who or what this is and what it's supposed to mean?
>>
Phoenix Down says it revives a person from KO

KO
Knocked Out

Not dead.

There. Now fuck off neo-/v/.
>>
>>318228573
Do you even know what KO stands for?

Killed Off

She was killed off. It revives someone wh owas killed off.
>>
>>318229358
don't you know?
>>
>>318228910
Galuf was worth saving though.
>>
>>318229408
Do you?
>>
>>318229376
Here's your (You)
>>
>KO'd ! = dead
I think OP has Phoenix Downs.

It's neat when game characters try to revive dead party members though, they do that in Persona 2 when Maya dies. Eikichi asks someone to use a healing spell and someone else points out that she has an unhealable wound, so she's pretty much got a permanent bleed status ailment and they'd only slow her inevitable death by healing her hp
>>
>>318227887
I will take it a step further and ask how any Final Fantasy character ever dies with Phoenix Downs and Revive magic..

The only way I could think of is being disintegrated
>>
>>318229376
The booklet that comes with the final fantasy games labels KO as Knocked out.
So no. Quit being intentionally retarded.
>>
File: disappoint.gif (1 MB, 225x124) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.gif
1 MB, 225x124
>>318229376
0/10
>>
>>318229542
KO (killed off)

v.tr.
a. To put to death: Who killed Julius Caesar?
b. To deprive of life: Smallpox killed millions of people in the 1900s.
2. To put an end to; extinguish: The rain killed our plans for a picnic.
a. To destroy a vitally essential quality in: Too much garlic killed the taste of the meat.
b. To cause to cease operating; turn off: killed the motor.
c. To tire out completely; exhaust: "The trip to work, and the boredom and nervousness of jobs, kills men" (Jimmy Breslin).
>>
Has anyone found a way to revive Aeris using the secret method in the temple of the ancients, is this only possible in the Japanese version?
>>
File: smh.png (41 KB, 309x267) Image search: [Google]
smh.png
41 KB, 309x267
>>318229376
Almost got me you tricky cunt
>>
>>318229358
From a ff wiki:
>During the mission Cloud has a moment where he breaks down and hears a voice that says, "This isn't just a reactor". In a scene that was scrapped from the final version of the game Cloud would have had a conversation with Sephiroth where Sephiroth would have explained what Mako Reactors really are. The "This isn't just a reactor" memory is a remnant of this deleted scene.

Although it could be bullshit, it's always been what I thought was most likely.
>>
>>318229680
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout
>>
>ff7
>all those plot holes
>not understanding that she died on purpose to rejoin the lifestream to save everyone using the magic of the earth to defend against the comet

y'all batshit
the only thing cloud and co. did was stop Jehova/"sephiroth" from interfering in her bullshit.
>>
>>318229680
Never seen a boxing match before?
>>
>>318227887
More importantly, you fight a shit ton of monsters with guns, death rays, bombs, poison and even swords. Sephiroth himself during the last fight tries everything, even destroying the solar system 9might be an illusion though). Yet a single sword strike is enough to kill a party member forever. So why didn't he do it to everyone else? Why use that "bizarro" and "safer" shit when a sword strike could do the job much better?
>>
>>318227887

"Doesn't work on her kind senpai"

Fucking blue nigger
>>
>>318229376
KO stands for knocked over you moron. Phoenix down helps people who lose their balance and fall down on the ground (i.e. they are knocked over).
>>
>>318229912
It certainly makes sense considering the shit going on at the Nibel reactor.
I mean why wouldn't Hojo have some test subjects a little closer to home?
>>
>>318229912
>Sephiroth would have explained what Mako Reactors really are
Mako reactors are just Mako reactors. The only exception was the one in Nibelheim as far as we know. Pretty sure ShinRa gave up on those fucked up experiments and switched their focus to the promised land.
>>
>one winged angel
>has a shitload of wings
>>
Who told Cloud to attack the scorpion when it's tail is down?
>>
>>318229376

You should be killed off.
>>
>>318229542
Fuck man you gotta remind me?
>>
ludonarrative dissonance anon
>>
>>318230475
They didn't focus on finding the Promised Land until the first reactor exploded
>>
>>318227887
Combat in the entire series is sorta symbolic. Of course nobody takes bullets to the face. I always thought of it as HP is your skill and luck. Fight long enough and it runs out or the other side gets lucky. Phoenix Down pulls you back from a bad injury but death is final. It's not like she was the first to permanently die anyway.

No, my viewdoesn't really hold up when you are set on fire or catch a missle sortie to the dick but it's a game. CoD would be awfully short if any stray shot wiped you out. Mass Effect straight retconned explanations multiple times (how come I carry a nuke on my back in 2 but a blind ninja fucks my shit in 3?).

Just roll with it, yo.
>>
>>318231767
They have been experimenting with Aeris and her mother for like a decade before the game.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.