[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY Fightstick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: wacbd7ei5jde[2].jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
wacbd7ei5jde[2].jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
How tough would it be to make your own fightstick off a DS4 board? I know it's possible with a DS3 (might try it since I have 2 spare boards), but with the touch pad and the triggers it could be a bit more tricky. I have an old mayflash fightstick, but I want to replace the joystick to a korean knob instead of the japanese knob.
>>
youre a big guy
>>
>>318226793
>braided cable for internal wiring
nigga wewnt full retard
>>
File: 412ypY7GgpL[1].jpg (24 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
412ypY7GgpL[1].jpg
24 KB, 500x362
>>318226793

I would like to think that taking a part one of these to make a fight stick would be easier than an official DS4. It's wired, contacts might be easier to solder, and it has a PS3 mode as well. Chances are this thing also works on PC.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412ypY7GgpL.jpg
>>
File: implying you wouldnt.jpg (79 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
implying you wouldnt.jpg
79 KB, 612x612
>clear plastic casing to showcase shitty unimpressive interior

nigga learn some design philosophy you cunt
>>
>>318229331
put me on the list
>>
>>318228774
>>318229331

This so much. Fightsticks are simple in design, especially modern ones with minimalist PCBs.

It's so fucking empty, and any chance of it looking decent are thrown out the window because the cables are braided.

Could still be worse. Tacky lights and/or light buttons or ponies on it would make it the worst fight stick ever.
>>
File: pcb.png (23 KB, 882x245) Image search: [Google]
pcb.png
23 KB, 882x245
which one of these should i get?
the usa or jp one?
www.focusattack com/ps3-pc-zero-delay-usb-encoder-pcb/
>>
>>318229331
cute

I want to ride that plush
>>
>>318230056

Jap style. It's ergonomic and won't cramp your hands like american style. I can't play MvC2 or SFII like I used to since I got used to my TE Fightstick.
>>
>>318230292
what iis the difference?
>>
File: 1359698105425.png (337 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1359698105425.png
337 KB, 720x720
What makes an arcade stick good? If you'll eventually replace all its buttons and stick with Sanwa parts aren't the only things worth considering the ease to mod, size, button layout and system compatibility? Wouldn't that just make a generic Mayflash on par with higher end sticks if you prefer the Mayflash layout?

I'm using a Qanba Q1 which works fine for now, but I'll probably replace the parts eventually so this is just something I don't really get.
>>
>>318230534
if layout matters for games i only play street fighter jsyk
>>
>>318230535
Using a Q4 here, big spend but im enjoying it. Buttons are sensitive but that was mostly expected.
>>
If you're looking for a stick that feels good and doesn't cost an arm/leg than the HORI rap series are perfect.

Easy as every other stick on the market to mod.
>>
>>318226793
>ds4 board
until everyone uses ds4 and it lags out
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.