[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gear VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: FOTO_680477.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1133) Image search: [Google]
FOTO_680477.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1133
I just got a cheap S6 from Best Buy. Anyone have one of these? Is it worth $100 to fuck around with?
>>
Yes, buy it, lot's of free content too.
>>
When the fuck is the HTC Vive coming out
>>
>>318216390

Next month, supposedly. There's no hard date yet, though.
>>
>>318216456
Some german PR dude stated they would have a release date during a conference on the 8th of December.
>>
>>318216390
They were demoing them at my university last week, and the PR guy running the booth said that they were shooting for February or March.
>>
V R P O R N
R
P
O
R
N
>>
File: 1439334361444.jpg (137 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1439334361444.jpg
137 KB, 612x612
the golden age of VR is coming, boys
maybe not tomorrow
maybe not next year
but it's started already.
get ready
it's gonna be great
>>
Only works if you have a Samsung phone right?
>>
>>318219108
unfortunately
the rest of us have to settle for various cardboard headsets until the Rift and Vive hit market
>>
File: 1435434682612.jpg (11 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1435434682612.jpg
11 KB, 224x225
>>318219108
for Note 5, S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ only
looks like ass on 2k screens, and I think only the note 5 has a 4k screen (correct me if i'm wrong) so don't bother if you don't have a note 5
essentially from reviews I'm reading is that it's ass but theres quite a bit on the app store for it
personally i wouldn't go out of my way and buy a samsung product for it, especially when I fell for the samshit meme and got burned for it and their newer lines of phones is simply a fuck you to the consumer with taking away SD and changeable battery options
>>
>>318218775
Nigger what. HTC said by the end of this year though.
>>
>>318220474
limited release. Full release in Q1 if I remember
>>
>>318220006
Does it work on a J7 model.
>>
>>318220006
Not really trying contradict you or anything, but we can't talk about the smartphone industry doing shitty things without bringing in Apple.

Also consider all the people who've said the Gear VR is shit because it can't be used with their iphone.
>>
Even if you could use the Gear VR with other phones, you wouldn't want to. Everything else either has too crappy displays, processors and GPUs, or software bloat. If you just compare it to Cardboard, you'd see why it's actually a good thing they don't support other phones, otherwise it'd just be a shitty experience like Cardboard.
>>
>>318221017
Cardboard is fine as an intro to VR as a concept, which is why it just got given away in the Times a couple weeks ago - but you're right, it's not that great of an experience as a whole.

The FoV is about half of what the Rift has, right? Something like that.
>>
>>318221339
Actually Cardboard is around 70-80 while Rift/Vive is around 100-110. It's not only FOV though, there are dozens and dozens of things that make those headsets better than Cardboard, it's basically not even a comparable experience. Gear VR is more comparable but at the same time has so much going for it that Cardboard just can't compete with. Oh yeah and Gear VR is 96 FOV.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.