[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should Elder Scrolls VI Take Place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: maptam.jpg (793 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maptam.jpg
793 KB, 1024x768
I for one hope that it's actually in the Summerset Isles so that I can finally launch that Altmer genocide i've been dreaming about.

How bout you, /v/?
>>
Valenwood and Elsweyr hopefully.
>>
hammerfell
for our progressive overlords
>>
>>318211073
Not looking forward to all those furries getting their panties in a bunch over finally being able to live in Tamriel's Hello Kitty land
>>
I hope they never make it. Fallout 4 was complete trash and I can't imagine them having an epithany that gutting the RPG mechanics and making it story driven makes the game shite.

I imagine it will be in Hammerfell anyway. Perfect way to market the game to blacks and muslims.
>>
anyone play eso?
>>
>>318210980
The Commonwealth.
>>
I honestly think Black Marsh would be the most interesting setting, but I suppose it wouldn't actually be feasible without lore rape.
>>
File: 1431000470434.jpg (17 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1431000470434.jpg
17 KB, 150x150
>>318211328
>complains about foreigners
>can't even spell the common english word 'epiphany'

do you read the daily mirror as well lad?
>>
>>318213597

I've also drunk a litre of Baccardi, so if you can spell any better after that I'd like to see you try.
>>
>>318211328
There's been a lot of you around here lately. Has >>>/pol/ been slow or something.
>>
File: 1441576938400.png (23 KB, 740x470) Image search: [Google]
1441576938400.png
23 KB, 740x470
>>318213725
DUDE

ALCOHOL
>>
>>318214291
What is this picture portraying?
>>
>>318213965

/v/ has always been racist
>>
File: Britcuck.jpg (169 KB, 1902x513) Image search: [Google]
Britcuck.jpg
169 KB, 1902x513
>>318214496
a britkek
>>
>>318214291

Ah yes, you're one of those "internet meme warriors" who have vowed to purge the internet of minor spelling mistakes. Newflash you cunt, if its obviously a mistake, and you can understand it, let it go. Stop acting like a self appointed janitor.
>>
>>318214520
>Asks where new Elder Scrolls game should be set
>Anon attempts to turn a potential good discussion into pol bait

fuck off
>>
File: Smug Sweater Tits.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sweater Tits.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>318214781
>Newflash
>>
Hopefully Cyrodiil again.
>>
>>318215165
Yeah, hopefully as a jungleland this time
>>
>>318215258
If they were going to to go down that route I'd hope it would be either Elsweyr, Valenwood or the Black Marsh
>>
>>318210980
>>318215482
Black Marsh would be best.
More variety of enemies.
Argonians actually have different subspecies of them so great variety of builds.

Plus since Bethesda acquired the ID Engine two years ago, Fallout 4 will likely be the last game using Gamebryo

However mods will be far more difficult to implement since there's will not be a creation engine to work with.
>>
>>318216921
Creation Engine or no Creation Engine they need to move on. Mods or not, as big a shame as that would be.
>>
>>318216921
Newbie question: what other games run on that engine currently? I'm curious as to what we should expect in future bethesda games
>>
>>318217552
The ID engine, was owned by ID Software. Most notable for the series Doom and Quake.
Bethesda owns it now.
>>
Sunset Isles, I want pretty scenery and elf nazis
>>
>>318218182
oops, *Summerset Isles
>>
File: shut the hell up urameshi.jpg (72 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
shut the hell up urameshi.jpg
72 KB, 640x482
>bethesda hires good writing and animation teams
>they use ID engine
>todd says "we've been getting a lot of feedback about how we have been simplifying the roleplaying aspects of the game, so we've managed to make a game that mixes the action-packed combat and smoothness of Fallout 4 with the ability to roleplay of morrowind"
>"we've also decided that being a set character and making a universe that revolves around the player kills replay value, since the modding communities we've visited always have at least 15 mods that reallocate your starting point or allow you to choose your own, so we've added completely optional storyline quests that are unique to each playthrough and only start after they're triggered by the player organically"
>they make a massive and deep world
>the roleplaying experience is tight and meaningful
>they allow you to make your own companions
>they drop the instant karma systems in order to make more complex decisions and actions and how you're seen by the characters around you
>everything seems perfect both for the casual gamer and the old face looking for a tightly-knit gameplay experience

how do they fuck it up, /v/?

>they use the final fantasy XII combat system for god knows what reason so you can manage more companions
>>
>>318210980

It should be a combination of Valenwood and Elsweyr as one giant map.

And somewhere in the story allow about a square mile or so of the Black Marsh to witness it's spectacular beauty and spookiness.
>>
Anywhere. It won't resemble anything like what the lore has established.

Have fun only being able to play as an Imperial with an established backstory, too.
>>
>>318210980
Hammerfell

Not a nigger btw
>>
>steampunk era
>clash between classic magic users and techno-magic users
>>
>>318210980
Dont fucking lie to yourself, the fate of Skyrim will be in a few in-game books no one gives a shit as the game is popular for a week or so until the big bouncing boobie mods comes out as people masturbate to their elves as you vaguely remember the story and only remember masturbating to dead female bandits.

Also, Valenwood.
>>
>>318210980
Valenwood or High Rock + Hammerfall.
>>
>>318221674
>Steampunk
NO
FUCK YOU
>>
>>318221674
Steampunk is gross, I'd rather have a normal industrial revolution setting
>>
I'll get raped to death on this board for saying this but I just want Cyrodiil with the same music from oblivion and not the dark athmosphere skyrim has.
>>
>>318221674
Found the faggot
>>
>>318221674
I don't see why magic users and techno-magic users would even be distinct groups. Techno-magic would just be the evolution of magic. Magic users are the scientists of TES, not luddites. If anything, mages would be the ones to bring about an industrial revolution through their study of Dwemer ruins.

I'd be interested to see what the cultures different cultures' interpretations of the new technology would look like. Not steampunk. Never steampunk.

Not that we'll ever get to see, because TES can't into technological devlopment
>>
>>318211073
>>318211240
>>318212714
>>318215165
>>318218182
>>318218289
>>318221674

You guys are all fucking idiots. Like brainless.

Hammerfell has been constantly hinted at, not because "muh diversity" but because it will link to either the solution or advancement in the Thalmor War storyline.

To the South you'll have Jungles
To the North you have Betnihk and Bangkorai which have a Breton population
Even further to the North you have Orsimer which will most likely be an expansion.
Central is littered with endless tombs, bandit camps, caravans and nomadic tribes.

Hammerfells coastline is a trading hub so it actually makes sense to play another race then the regional.
Hammerfells coastline is also swarmed by pirates.

Not only that but Hammerfell and the Alik'r deals with alot of crime and necromancers

So stop being fucking retarded. There is nothing interesting about Valenwood. It's a fucking forest with no buildings.
>>
>>318210980
Entirety of Morrowind.
>>
>>318226427
Wait for the Skyrim mod.
>>
>>318226471
Is that still going on? I thought that was as dead as corecraft.
>>
Skyrim. I unironically want skyrim 2.
>>
>>318225620
Is a desert with no buildings any better?
>>
>>318226471
unless they can fix the core problems with skyrim like perks instead of stats, it'll never be morrowind. its shit.
>>
>>318226909
If you were a boardgame you would be checkers.
>>
>>318226803
There's like 3 of them.

This one has a map, not sure about quests.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35789/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D35789&pUp=1

The other one is a recreation of the morrowind game called Skywind.
https://tesrenewal.com/skywind-faq

There was another one that seemed to be canceled which was suppose to be a Skyrim-Era expansion of a full functional Morrowind basically dealing with the Argonian Dark Elf war.
>>
>>318226963
Yes, because a desert has that sense of emptiness and exploration.

I'd like to see a survival mode that requires you to find water while you explore Alik'r Desert, but the other zones are like safe zones.
>>
File: Hammerfell1.jpg (299 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Hammerfell1.jpg
299 KB, 1600x900
>>318210980

Hammerfell for sure. The alikr quest hints to it just like the institute quest that was in F3 hinted to F4. Plus spirit swords/sensei is a shout like mechanic to use.
>>
>>318226909
It is absolute crap that the part of Skyrim's plot that is of major concern for everyone just sits dangling all pink and naked
>>
File: Hammerfell.jpg (46 KB, 906x403) Image search: [Google]
Hammerfell.jpg
46 KB, 906x403
>>318227383

Plus, of course, wide deserts are easy to design and make. Black marsh/valenwood would be too much for bethesda to handle setting wise.
>>
>>318226427
you mean minus all of vvardenfell, and nothing but new ashland and hostile argonians as far as the eye can see?
so basically fallout: morrowind?
>>
>>318210980
Hopefully not high rock. The map would be 50% water.
>>
>>318228331
>The map would be 50% water.
good, then everyone would play argonian and know the glory of the hist
>>
does it matter? you faggots are going to get angry at it either way.
>>
>>318225620

They already did Hammerfell, nobody played it cause no one wants to be around a ton of niggers
>>
>>318230063
They technically did Skyrim there, too.

But, what? N*gger? You're a fucking ASSHOLE.
>>
Sommerset won't work since that's too "isolated', they already did Skyrim, Cyrodill, Morrowind, Hammerfell, and High Rock.

It's a toss up between Valenwood, Elsweyr and Black Marsh.

They won't do Elsweyr because there are more Khaajit variants than "races" in any previous game. Black Marsh is also kidna iffy because no other race cares about the shithole.
>>
They are definately going to do Skyrim 2 where you play as an amnesiac dragonborn from the first game.
>>
Why does anyone on /v/ even care anymore? If Skyrim hadn't already, Fallout 4 has made it clear that Bethesda doesn't care about making RPGs anymore. They're just making shitty casualized action adventure games.
>>
>Sumerset Isles
The population is just too damn hostile towards non High Elves, I can't see them ever doing one here

>Valenwood
Boring as shit setting, Bosmer aren't very interesting either

>Elsweyr
Might be interesting seeing an Aldermi client state, can't see a beast game though

>Black Marsh
Interesting, but while the border areas of Argonia can be traversed, the inner provinces are nigh inhabitable for anyone not playing as an Argonian

I think >>318225620 is right, there is just far, far too much references to events in Hammerfell to ignore a game there
>>
>>318227383
>sensei
It's ansei.
>>
It should take place in Hammerfell.

If will take place in fucking High Rock.
>>
>>318227383
>>318227857

I just hope they make the cities really vibrant. Hell maybe they could bring acrobatics back and you could swap around tall buildings Prince of Persia style
>>
File: psm.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
psm.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>318210980

>yfw it's fucking Cyrodiil again
>>
>>318228681

They'll probably make your character be able to breathe underwater through some contrivance no matter what you make.
>>
Why not a whole new continent?
>>
>>318234732
>This time it's actually called "Cyrodiil".
>>
>>318232323
I don't think the whole "isolated" thing is a good argument regarding Summerset Isles, sure it's away from the continent, but Skyrim might as well be too considering ES games haven't allowed cross-province travel since the early days (DLCs taking place in a small section of another province notwithstanding).
>>
ESO does the whole thing, so why not all of it?
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.