[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw inb4 it's on wii u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 280x400
Find a flaw

inb4 it's on wii u
>>
The art style. Nobody liked it when Viewtiful Joe did it, but he kept forcing it despite the sales only getting worse and worse each time he did it.
>>
Luka
>>
>>318210681
Wonder Pink goes to shit as soon as Vorkken appears.
>>
>>318210681
All of the changes in gameplay.

The only ones that were okay were the rail shooters where you controlled the Virgin Victory and the isometric shmup. The rest were awful.

>>318211574
Yeah, no, the art style was great and it adds a LOT to the game's superheroic 'feel'.
>>
I was gonna say some of the SHMUP sections can be eye bleeding terrible if you're not good at those
>>
The camera angle and distance.

The minigames are shit too, I really don't understand why Platinum insists on putting them in every game they make.
>>
>>318210681
Character design
>>
>>318210681
Its a meme game.
>>
Oh yeah, this >>318211647 too.
>>
As someone that really likes W101, it's pretty inarguable that the vehicle / non-combat sections get super repetitive. It's a fantastic experience the first time through but subsequent playthroughs are pretty torturous, especially when trying to max rank / no damage on the hardest difficulty.

I'll never understand Platinums obsession with shoving in tons of non-combat sections when the only thing they do well is combat.
>>
File: vijounnejacket.png (372 KB, 630x1192) Image search: [Google]
vijounnejacket.png
372 KB, 630x1192
>>318211574

I thought the art style was great.

Combined with the camera and the exaggerated depth of field, it gave the impression of a kid playing with all his action figures, which is what I think the game was going for.

As far as flaws go, some of the non-combat sections were annoying, in particular 006-B's SHMUP section. But not enough to kill the game, at least for me.

best girl
>>
>>318210681
Vorken Ruined best girl
>>
>>318210681
The weird Gamepad navigation sections.
>>
File: 1448638541256.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1448638541256.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>318210681
I downloaded this yesterday, it's pretty fun so far. It's a shame I suck though
>>
A flaw? Really? Okay, you asked for it...

Nahh... I really liked the game in pretty much
every way. These kind of games are by definition a bit too hard
for my skill level, but what I lack in gaming skills I try to
compensate with my patience and I'm glad I pulled through
this one. I wasn't far from quitting in many parts, I can tell you that
, you fucker.
>>
File: vijounnedoodle4.png (194 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
vijounnedoodle4.png
194 KB, 600x900
>>318211975

Expect to suck early on.

Once you get more Custom blocks and unlock more Stingers and Risings and moves in general, it'll flow a lot smoother.

You do have Guts and Spring already, right?
>>
The behind the back gamepad sections are all fucking terrible.
It hard locked my Wii U at one point because Kamiya decided a busy skybox was more important than a decent framerate during a boss fight
>>
>>318212116
I have a few questions senpai

How can you tell what makes can be blocked with guts and which can't? Prince Vorken's glider boomerang hit me so many times because I reflexively guts-ed it.
To go along with that, what's the point of dodging with spring when you can stun with guts?

Is the gun any good?

How do you get consistent combo scores? 2/3 times I'll get a platinum combo score and then get a silver when I didn't do anything differently.
>>
>>318212880
>How can you tell what makes can be blocked with guts and which can't? Prince Vorken's glider boomerang hit me so many times because I reflexively guts-ed it.
Any blunt attack can be reflected with guts. Any spiky attack (like with the blue spikes), any sharp attack, any missile, and any laser, cannot be blocked with guts. However, lasers CAN be reflected with Unite Sword, so just keep that in mind.
>To go along with that, what's the point of dodging with spring when you can stun with guts?
Dodging is useful when you can't block.
>>
>>318212880
Not him, but I think it was something like you can't Guts on spikes and general shooting (like lasers and shit).

I don't think the gun is good, at least I don't like it.

You get the more combo points by using the most "shapes" (sorry I can't recall the name, they were wonder-something or unite-something) you can. You can use up to 3 or 4 at the same time. You will get even more points if you don't let your enemy touch de floor, and you do so by stunting it. Give this a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzLZ19_Vw8Q

Carefuk, you may be spoiled about the different Wonders you will find later in the game.
>>
>>318212880
Get the counter move as well. Made Vorkken a lot easier
>>
File: vijounneicon3.png (241 KB, 554x388) Image search: [Google]
vijounneicon3.png
241 KB, 554x388
>>318212880

Guts only reflects blunt attacks. Anything sharp, spiky, or energy-based will pierce it. Most of the time, it's pretty easy to determine what you can and can't Guts, though admittedly some attacks are harder to read than others.

Since there are plenty of attacks that you can't Guts, Spring provides some invincibility frames to dodge through attacks. It'll get better halfway through the game when you can get a Custom Block that essentially gives you Witch Time. If in doubt about whether an attack can be blocked with Guts, dodge it instead and pay attention to the attack as it lands to see how best to counter it.

Gun is absurdly good once you get Gun Stinger. So use Gun a lot until you get Stinger, and then prepare to abuse it. Lots of hits for low damage all at once, and every attack that hits will cause that team member to start climbing the enemy it hits, so you can easily and quickly stun many enemies by Gun Stinger-ing them once or twice.

It's also really good for boosting your combo, so using Gun Stinger to stun things and then using Fist or Sword to launch them into the air with a Rising and comboing them as much as you can before Tombstoning to the ground and following up with more Rising to keep juggling is typically a good strategy against enemies that can be stunned and juggled.

Also, if you're having trouble against Vorkken, use Attack Liner and the custom block Energy Converter, and you'll be basically invincible, since you'll heal up to max health and energy virtually any time you send your team through his.
>>
I played it and hated it.
that doesn't mean it's a bad game though, just not to my tastes.
>>
>>318210681

the art direction is too childish, a teenager would be ashamed of possessing this
>>
>>318215375
are you a teenager anon?
>>
File: Wonderful 101 101.jpg (1 MB, 1672x2687) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful 101 101.jpg
1 MB, 1672x2687
>>318211975
That's normal. Your first run is pretty much one long tutorial on the art of getting good.
>>
>>318210681
The 10 minute long SHMUP section
The Space Harrier section that leads into a SHMUP section.
Wonder Pink with Vorkken ruining cutscenes
Wonder Green occasionally ruining cutscenes
>>
>>318210681
>Console exclusive
>SJW pandering bullshit
>terrible FPS drops
>Shitty shoehorned in gimmicks with the second screen on the controller that break immersion
>Graphics only slightly exceeding that of the GameCube
>Retarded story
>Irritating characters
>Horrible dubbed anime-tier voice acting full of cringy dialog

"Find a highlight" may have been a better demand OP.
>>
>>318216186
>the hammer command
It's much easier to do an _P type drawing than a stick with a circle.
>>
File: vijounnelong.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vijounnelong.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>318216530

>console exclusive

With all those other 'flaws' you list, why would you even want it on another console?

And how the everloving fuck is it pandering to SJWs?
>>
>>318216876
>responding to b8
>>
>>318211675
>the shmup stages
FUCK the shmup stages. I have no idea why platinum always does this kind of shit in their action games and yet you STILL have the tough grading system like other levels. I appreciate the deviation but FUCK it makes trying to platinum levels a metric pain in the fucking ass.

Also the only flaw is that there was no shirogane comet level
>>
>>318216530
>makes a meme list
>didn't add "censored in the west"
step it up senpai desu
>>
File: 131662510936.jpg (15 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
131662510936.jpg
15 KB, 285x249
>>318210681
It's on a console so shitty that even Nintendo is wheeling it out for the NX not even three years after release
>>
File: eddy.png (1 MB, 1188x824) Image search: [Google]
eddy.png
1 MB, 1188x824
>>318217743
>>
File: wonderful.gif (4 MB, 409x217) Image search: [Google]
wonderful.gif
4 MB, 409x217
>>318213237
>>318213969
>>318214016
>>318214074
>>318216186
>>
>>318210681
Didn't like drawing the formations.
>>
File: image.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>318210681
>>318218139
>>
>>318211737
>I was gonna say some of the SHMUP sections can be eye bleeding terrible if you're not good at those

right up until you get wonder goggles, then it's a cake walk
>>
>>318218614
I never use Goggles. Drill is also a cake walk
>>
Loved the game except for the final prolonged ass mission. Oh my god that put a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
I didn't like a thing about the game, really. The combat system, story, characters, art direction just didn't sit with me right.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.