[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Quest Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: DQH.jpg (42 KB, 316x352) Image search: [Google]
DQH.jpg
42 KB, 316x352
Just bought this game. What can I expect from it?
>>
Bumpydumpty.
>>
I hope you pre-purchased it on Steam and not the PS4 version.
>>
File: 1242883435755.jpg (39 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
1242883435755.jpg
39 KB, 350x450
THWACK!

THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK! THWACK!
>>
>>318202905

Nope, PS4 version bro.

Are there any differences between both?
>>
>>318202905
>giving Valve money

Nope. I'd rather give it to those gooks at Sony than those SJWs at Valve.
>>
>>318203010
Knowing Koei it'll be worse than the PS4 version.
>>
>>318203082
>giving money

Should have pirated it OP
>>
>>318203105
Oh, I see.

Anyway, I always buy physical so it wouldn't even be an option for me.
>>
>>318203183
I believe you can't hack the PS4 yet, and I wouldn't do such a thing anyway.
>>
I found it to be pretty mediocre. Original main characters are reduced to one trait each, franchise characters are pretty one note too, maps are small, combos and techniques are lacking, every single fucking map that isn't a boss battle degenerates into you protecting something while thwacking stuff with too much life. Overall it's pretty boring.

If they make a second one and inject a bit more Dynasty blood and variety it would be a great improvement.
>>
>>318203485
>If

Sequel's confirmed already, with a lot more characters. I'm excited to use Maribel, she's cool. I'm certain it'll be vastly improved, that's how it usually goes with those Dynasty like games right?
>>
>>318203485
They're already making a sequel, and they are not going the Musou route with it. They made it obvious since the announcement of the first one they don't want it to be a Musou clone.
>>
Fun, especially if you like Dragon Quest.
>>318202913
Best Coup de GrĂ¢ce
>>
>>318203485

As a counter opinion, I like it specifically because it isn't like Dynasty Warriors. Its an action game aimed at the Dragon Quest fanboy. And it does this job well.

If its sequel became more like a musou, I'd like it less. Thankfully its just the engine of the first game with more stuff added on.
>>
An action game that's just a bit too simple.

I liked it as a stopgap when there was nothing else to play but now I have Disgaea 5 and I bought Onechanbara on sale
>>
>>318203696
Well, the only other Dynasty/Something game with sequels that comes to mind is One Piece, that I haven't played those.

However Zelda did it right the first time around, except for 3DS exclusive stuff, because fuck Nintendo and having to buy games twice, so a sequel to this can go either way.

But they have to make it fun. In this one fighting feels like a chore.
>>
Alena best grill.
>>
File: batboons.jpg (429 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
batboons.jpg
429 KB, 1200x855
>>318203183

>don't buy a game and pirate it
>fuck SquareEnix, why aren't they localizing more DQ games! I played the game and loved it! why don't they recognize my love!
>>
Beta test for the superior PC version.
>>
>>318202913

>Perfect. As long as they're written down in this notebook, the probability will be 100%... Now no one can ever complain about anything evading my Zaraki again...
>>
Expect the game to get actually pretty CUHRAYZEE half way through. I actually like it more than Hyrule Warriors now because its fun switching between the 4 characters constantly.
>>
File: 300c207c3c81213055447b2ba38b8118.jpg (658 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
300c207c3c81213055447b2ba38b8118.jpg
658 KB, 1000x1000
I know the PS3 version is inferior, but I would have bought it if it was.

Thankfully I can just get the Steam version now. Good things come to those who wait.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.