[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be a party game >Have the most tryhard community going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
>Be a party game
>Have the most tryhard community going

People are less serious on fucking Street Fighter online.
Half the matches are massive tryhard tier whoring and the other half is lagging (Nice default wifi system Nintendo, really.)

When you're WINNING but you still come out going "Wow I really didn't have fun" there is a serious fucking problem with a game or community.
Never in my life have I ran into this issue.
>>
>>318200476
>Be a party game

Mario Party is a party game. Wii Party is a party game. Smash Bros is a fighting game. Just because it's not a Street Fighter or Virtual Fighter clone doesn't make it something else.
>>
Never go on for glory, its just full of kids that want to play as good as their favourite smash lets players.

Don't know what you expected really
>>
>>318200859
I like 1v1s though, not to mention 4 player games are literally unplayable, even if one person has a bad connection it's a lag fest.

>>318200842
>Creator says its a party game
>Advertised as a party game
>Can play up to eight fucking people and have items and stage harzards

Come on man, just stop.
It's as much of a fighting game as Holy Wars
>>
either way you must be a fucking faggot to come out with these complains now after months of shitposting

also,
>When you're winning but you still come out going "Wow i really didn't have fun" then it means you don't like the fucking game
there, fixed it for you champ
>>
>>318201524
>there, fixed it for you champ
Yet I can enjoy it when with the right company
It's just online that causes this
>>
>>318200476
Why can't it be both? Sometimes when I get tired of 1 vs 1 I play with some firneds items on. Fucking keks.
>>
if Smash is fighting game, i guess:
>Metroid Prime is not a Metroid game
>Project M is a game
>Kid Icarus Uprising has shit controls
>there's nothing wrong with altering Ridley or his clone for the roster
>Mother 4 is an official Mother game (laughs)
>Miyamoto isn't Bowser Jr's Mom nor Bowser's Wife
>Goku and Batman is eligible for Smash Bros
>>
>>318203551
>mods can't be games
sorry Half-life, you're not a real game
>>
>>318203701
Sorry dota, you're not a real game.
>>
>>318203701
Maybe if it took its own identity, but as it stands, PM is just a modified Smash Bros game with nothing unique going for it.

L4D and Portal were mods originally and those stand out far and away what the original game used to represent in both their final forms.
>>
what does tryhard even mean anymore. are you seriously criticizing people for putting in effort to win in a video game where the object is to beat the other player. i don't understand this complaint.
>>
File: 1448251451503.webm (2 MB, 410x242) Image search: [Google]
1448251451503.webm
2 MB, 410x242
>>318203873
the gameplay is the identity

if you pretend it's not, then you're a shitter who cares about other things before gameplay.
>>
>>318203873
PM is adding more to Brawl than Smash4 did
>>
>Never in my life have I ran into this issue.
Then what are you complaining about?
>>
File: all dragon slayer clones.png (2 MB, 1288x1000) Image search: [Google]
all dragon slayer clones.png
2 MB, 1288x1000
>>318203701
sorry Zelda, you're not a real game
>>
It's a sumo simulator, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>318204013
>>318204023
Go back to Trouble in Terrorist Town.
>>
>>318204423
nice retort, fag
>>
What the fuck is "party game" even supposed to mean? There's a fuckton of games good at parties, it doesn't tell you anything about the genre.
>>
>>318204758
What the fuck is "fighting game" even supposed to mean? There's a fuckton of games that have fighting, it doesn't tell you anything about the genre.
>>
>>318201047
really?

>what do you do in smash?
fight things

>can you do anything besides fighting?
no

>can you directly compete with other players?
yes

the closest concession I'm willing to make is that it's a party-style fighting game, but at the end of the day the one and thing you can do in smash is fight things. qed smash is a fighting game
>>
>>318204964
No, fighting games are fairly well defined as a genre, "party games" aren't. Try again.
>>
>>318200842
Yeah remind me of all those other fighting games with artificial rules designed by a community to try to infuse a shitty party game with "cred". Remind me of the other fighting games with mechanics designed specifically to make the game anti-competitive.

It's a fucking party game, get over it.
>>
>>318204985
Guess Devil May Cry and Overwatch are fighting games, huh?

>What do you do in DMC/Overwatch?
Fight things

>Can you do anything besides fighting?
No

>Can you directly compete with other players?

Yes
>>
It's a platformer with fighting game moves

Why do people give a shit about the genre anyway, people play anything competitively
>>
>>318205182
well people on /v/ are trying to force this shitty "spectacle fighter" meme as the name for games like DMC, so unfortunately I think your point is going to fall on deaf ears.
>>
Who the fuck cares about whether or not is a fighting game? People should care about the fact that the series has been mediocre as fuck

Smash is like that one fun game that you made up as a kid on the playground that didn't have scores but then that one buzzkill faggot had to add all of these rules to it and now it's just a watered down version of Freeze Tag
>>
"not a party game" deniers = Ridleyfags
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.