[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DMC5 dream thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Dante_office_by_AR_0.jpg (351 KB, 1669x1155) Image search: [Google]
Dante_office_by_AR_0.jpg
351 KB, 1669x1155
What you want from DMC5 continued. Post your dreams, but try to be realistic.
>>
Story:
>Hammer Horror/Crowley inspired cult tries to summon Mundus into the world again by sacrificing virgin maidens
>set in a Rats In The Walls inspired mountainside castle and the surrounding forests and ridges
>Dante is having trouble controlling his Devil Trigger, Nero's arm has grown into something unwieldy, and Vergil returns for revenge on Mundus, still suffering from the corruption of his Nelo Angelo armour
>unable to go all out, Dante gets his shit wrecked by a partially summoned Mundus, who is now much stronger than before himself
>the game begins proper with the three demon hunters working together in an uneasy alliance to take down the cult and stop Mundus once and for all

Gameplay:
>15 missions each for all three protagonists
>the setting feels more like DMC1 than any other game
>levels criss-cross for each character, but each ones has certain abilities or keys that open up areas exclusive to them (saves dev time, makes the designers pay attention to the details)

>Dante plays like he does in 3, but can now equip 2 Styles to swap between. Each Style's latent abilities (like charged pistols for Gun Slinger or air recovery for Trickster) are always there no matter which style is active.
>He also has a super Devil Trigger similar to 2, and similar flying mechanics

>Nero can now equip different modules for Red Queen, which changes the effects the Exceed gauge has
>can also pick up props in a room, like benches or poles, and use them as breakable melee weapons. His Buster attack now stuns an enemy, and subsequently pressing Square, Triangle or Circle again performs different special attacks

>Vergil has three weapons at once, but now each weapon has a special projectile attack attached to it
>He can also do dual wield specials that vary depending on which combo you have equipped. These drain either DT or Motivation gauge, and aren't broken like his current Motivation supers

cont...
>>
>>318199321
>Realistic
Then it will be DmC 2.
>>
>>318199321
>implying it won't be DmC 2
>>
>>318199425
forget Vergil since hes dead and had in darkslayer style moves and shit to Nero so that he can use other weapons

also, give nero other weapons and expand his moves

give dante more styles and expand the existing ones, but make it so that a player can swap styles between missions

instead of 15, its 20 missions each, with different bosses and some different enemy types

put a boss rush and turbo mode, right off the bat
>>
File: 10076233.jpg (549 KB, 510x842) Image search: [Google]
10076233.jpg
549 KB, 510x842
>>318199425
Bosses:
>Bosses range from the inner-circle of the cult who are largely like demon hunters themselves, equipped with Devil Arms and black magic
>demons they summon to do their bidding
>or high-ranking arch demons summoned by Mundus himself
>sometimes Nero/Dante/Vergil work together in pairs to take on certain bosses (possibility for multiplayer modes)
>the final boss is, suitably, Mundus. But he divides into three, an eye in each ones head, and the heroes have to take him on together
>Dante sacrifices himself at the end, pushing Mundus back into hell to either finish him off or fight him eternally so he can never get to earth again /manlytears
Bonus:
>loadsacostumes. Naturally, every one that's been in the series so far, and all the cool ones people found in the art books
>both versions of Bloody Palace
>fucking boss rush mode
>a new challenge mode similar to Secret Missions, perhaps with some sort of level editor were players can make retardedly hard challenges for each other to upload online
>a training and practice mode for new players so Capcom don't push on making the main story easier
>customisable soundtracks

DLC (because Capcom):
>Packs for the custom mode that add in enemies from previous games
>Lady and Trish mini campaign. Maybe, just maybe, you play as them both at the same time somehow, Lady on guns, Trish on melee
>5 bonus missions for Dante that show what happens after he dives into hell. Vergil guides him to the bottom. He fights the Goddess of Time to prove his worth, unlocking a sort of double-ended spear/sand timer with time powers before fighting Mundus in his true form

I could go on forever. I've thought a lot about this.
>>
File: 1447619858679.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1447619858679.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
>yfw the next DMC is open world
>>
File: 1428020422726.gif (1011 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1428020422726.gif
1011 KB, 500x269
Is the HD collection a good place for beginners? Does it have any issues, like with the Silent Hill HD collection?
>>
>>318201076
wouldn't change a lot, to be honest familia
as long as the combat is untouched / improved, they can do whatever the fuck
>>
>>318201076
I have no image that is appropriate for how sad and mad this idea makes me.
>>
>>318201076

>massive open world with nothing to do
>>
>>318201291
No, it's fine. Outside of cut scenes not being resized, it is a good HD collection.
>>
>>318200275
>forget Vergil since hes dead
No corpse = no death. Everyone knows that.

>give nero other weapons and expand his moves
I think the point of Nero is that he's much more compressed than Dante, but can modify each of his moves by charging them up. I think the best option for him, rather than giving him more weapons and much more moves, is to change what charging up his moves does. The base combos stay the same, but you have something like the amulet system in 2 to add in extra effects. Like, maybe he gets a part for his sword that when charged extends out a spectral sword like that one spell in Dark Souls 2. That way you can use it to increase your range.

>give dante more styles and expand the existing ones, but make it so that a player can swap styles between missions
I think the base 4 Styles are all you could want from Dante, but I'd give Royal Guard and Trickster more abilities. Maybe giving each Style another level would be best. Plus, having them work in tandem with each other would encourage players to experiment and not just stick to the one Style throughout. Likewise, it means that even if you only stick to one while in combat (like most players do in 4), you'll still feel the effects to the second one.

>instead of 15, its 20 missions each, with different bosses and some different enemy types
I think a 60 mission DMC would be too much to ask if you want it to be varied and not just a copy/paste of the same campaign three times over. But yeah, I think each one needs their own bosses. Maybe have one or two bosses every character fights to highlight different strategies.

Also, I forgot to include
>destructable environments
One of the coolest things about the Berial fight (underminded by his explosion attack) is having those shacks to jump around on to get a heigh advantage. More stuff like that is needed. It'd keep things varied and fresh, and potentially add a Jackie Chan layer to combat.
>>
>>318201793
So basically DMC 2?
>>
File: nero.jpg (2 MB, 1774x2574) Image search: [Google]
nero.jpg
2 MB, 1774x2574
>>318201816
>Nero
i dont think so, Nero had that whole shit in DMC4, nothink wrong in letting the charge stuff being left to red queen

i think Nero would work best as having like a sets of weapons in DMC5, 1 set is Red Queen and Blue Rose, which would focus on the charge stuff, the second set would be Yamato and summoned swords, which would open up his gameplan to something more creative while still remaining a simpler character than dante, 3rd set, 4th, etc

each would also give him specific devil bringer abilities, requeen would be stuff from DMC4, yamato would give him darkslayer teleports and with the devil bringer, maybe something like pinning enemies in place, etc

also devil trigger would change as well, depending which set he has equiped the devil trigger persona/stand would be using the weapon/devil arm from the next set, coupled with unique abilities, nero would also have a more complete devil form as well

>20 missions
thats 20 for just nero and dante, since vergil is dead
>>
>>318202956
sorry 20 missions each, nero and dante
>>
DMC needs multiplayer and a competitive scene
>>
>>318204063
Maybe if you want to really kill it. It's not a fighting game. There's no need for multi.
>>
>>318202956
That mite be cool for Nero actually. Still not letting go of Vergil though. He has to be in another game and there's a really easy way to write him back in AND explain Nero's powers in one go.
>>
>>318199321

Do you mean DmC 2? I'd rather have that than "meme uncle dante xD".
>>
>>318206417
Tameem pls go no one cares about your shit game.
>>
>>318206674

People cared enough to demand a physical version of the game once it was re-released in the west. Call me when DMC4 gets a physical version in America.
>>
>>318207057
Regardless, no one asked for a special edition of DmC. Capcom did it anyway and it sold like shit, again. Come back when your shit game has any real following outside of contrarians and 13 year olds.
>>
>>318207057
Call me when DmC manages to get decent sales.
>>
The more I think about it the more I would want some varied devil arms.

Like a hammer tonfa a spear ect etc
>>
>>318204185
True, but DMC has always played like a fighting game. I think it'd be worth a shot for at least one game since that's probably the only shot that Capcom would have to get it right.
>>
>>318199321
I'd like a tutorial that's basically DMC2, then when the tutorial ends dante wake up, comments on how he's glad he isn't a edgelord and then to story goes on.
>>
I just want guard flying and inertia to return.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.