[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a Smash tourney champion. What the fuck went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12
File: Melee Champion.png (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Melee Champion.png
49 KB, 250x250
This is a Smash tourney champion. What the fuck went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
>>318199065
Not a serious fighting game
>>
anyone can play jiggs
>>
>>318199758
Anyone can play any character.
Sure jiggs is pretty simple but you still have to be quite good to win with her, quit being a mad bad scrub.
>>
>>318199915
>mad bad scrub
>for losing to a cheap faggot
>>
>>318199758
By Armada's admission it's harder to play a floaty character
>>
>>318199065
I missed the stream and was only able to tune in at the end, where HBox starred bawwing about his daddy issues. Who was the opponent in the final match, and which character was he using?
>>
>>318200223
Armada with Fox
>>
>>318200290
Nothing against Armada, but I'd rather Jiggs win then another Fox.
>>
>>318200431
Jiggs shouldn't even be a choice, it detracts from the game
>>
/v/ is more asspained about HBox winning than Mang0, Leffen and Armada combined lol
>>
>>318199915

I suck ass at the game and jiggs is easy as hell to cheese much better players

All it takes is patience and lethargy there is like no execution barrier
>>
>>318199065
This is what melee is and always will be. deal with it or quit.
>>
>>318200019
>>318202856
You guys clearly suck. Keep practicing and blame your losses on balance and cheapness rather than the fact that you suck.
>>
>>318202856
To keep your cool that long as puff does take skill. Otherwise more people would do it with results. As a long time puff main, claiming how good puff was long ago with no agreement, now when people try to tell me puff is easy i tell them to play puff and i rek them with shitty characters. So funny how bad players don't realize how bad they actually are.
>>
Hopefully Leffen can do something about this in the future.
>>
>>318203990
>>318204217
>people not enjoying playing against a gimmick character are bad!
look, Jiggs is in the game. i accept that. but don't act like because Jiggs is in the game that you aren't an annoying nofunallowed faggot if you play it
it's not fun playing against Jigglypuff. It's just not. you can still play and win and brag about how much better you are than people who have actual tech skill, but nobody respects Puff players because they rely on a gimmick character, even HBox knows and admits that
>>
>>318204217

m8 you're the one getting beligireent trying to convince some random anon that you are actually good
>>
We need a collage of how mad everyone is, holy shit.
>>
>>318199065
Jigglypuff is bae.
>>
>>318204730
Don't be upset that you play a character that requires so much "tech skill" and still end up losing to an "easier to play character"

It still means you got outplayed. Jiggs isn't even relevant in the meta outside of Hbox despite mid-level players complaining about her. He's pretty much solely carrying her so obviously it isn't as easy to play Jiggs as people like to assume, otherwise we'd see far more on a top level. You can try and say Tekk but he doesn't place well in tournaments with actual competitors. He's only mentioned because he plays in EU and EU fucking sucks outside of Armada/Leffen.
>>
>>318205346

Fox doesn't have tools to just wall jiggs safely like ohers and jiggs is inefficient vs other floaters
>>
>>318205346
>Don't be upset that you play a character that requires so much "tech skill" and still end up losing to an "easier to play character"
>It still means you got outplayed

so
>play a character that requires more skill to play than Puff
>get beat by Puff
>this means that the Puff player, who plays a character that requires less tech skill to play, outplayed you
yeah no, that's not how logic works at all

and when did I say I lost to Puff players? Oh that's right I didn't say that

>He's pretty much solely carrying her so obviously it isn't as easy to play Jiggs as people like to assume
people don't want to take all the fun out of the game so they don't play Puff
you play a gimmick character. stop bitching when people call you out for it
>>
>>318205796
fox's backair comes out frame 4 lol you can wall people out offensively, also uptilt and dtilt
and holy shit /v/ is mad about Hungrybox winning, i guess you hate what you don't understand (4chan doesn't know shit about melee as a competitive game other than regurgitated top player opinions)
>>
>>318206471

Jiggs back air outranges fox's doesn't it?
>>
>get butthurt over Jiggs
>would be drooling over Armada's swedie peenie if he were winning with Peach

Stay keked yurop ;^)
>>
File: 11277214.jpg (66 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
11277214.jpg
66 KB, 750x750
>>318199065
Why do people want Jigglypuff to be cut? Honest question. What's wrong with it? Why is it so hated? Is it because it's a pink ball of pudding? Feeling a little insecure? You can't get rid of Kirby, so you're going to after Jigglypuff?

Never used it, but never had a problem with it.
>>
>>318199065
the jiggmeister is a beast.
>>
>>318206672
yes it does, but jigglypuff's backair comes out twice as slow as fox's

fox's comes out frame 4 and jigglypuff's comes out frame 9, if they both backair at the same time fox wins, plus his lingers a bit longer

not to mention fox is much faster and can cover more distance and backair
>>
>>318206842

Was just a random pick / in because of the anime, kinda outdated

Supposed to be a sort of joke character but is competent in melee because samurai dgaf about balancing
>>
>>318206842
It's because rest is pretty OP when someone competent is using Jigglypuff

I don't mind though better Jigglypuff than furfag shit like Fox or weaboo scum like Marth
>>
File: the following.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
the following.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
Jiggs vs. Fox is the most boring matchup in the game. If you think Fox's character has nothing to do with this, you're retarded.
>>
>>318206842
Honestly, from the complaints, I think it's more to do with how floaty she is, and how players who use her tend to stall by camping/playing incredibly safe, since she's so lightweight and easy to launch.

Most people just want to get straight into the action but can't due to how Jiggs maneuvers, and so they have to completely change up their playstyle in order to compensate.
>>
>>318205808
>play a character that requires more skill to play than
>get beat by Puff
>this means that the Puff player, who plays a character that requires less tech skill to play, outplayed you

yes this is exactly how it works

techskill != neutral game and mindgame skill

Dark has arguably the most technical fox in the world but he gets bopped by top players. by this
>>
>>318207087

Jiggs just baits and stays stationary / weaves back and forth midair as its neutral though

Fox can't follow up on jiggs well yet jiggs attacks are effective on fast fallers and one fuck up gets a rest or gimp
>>
>>318207306
depends on the fox to be honest family
>>
>>318207306
I've been playing melee for a year: the opinion

I guarantee you would be a lot more bored if all the armada hbox grand finals this year were Puff peach.

Puff fox is a very interesting match up,
we've just seen it a little too often this year
>>
>>318207186
>Was just a random pick / in because of the anime, kinda outdated
So, it got in due to randomness but then it was picked because it was popular? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

>>318207462
>>318207215
So, it's more on a I can't beat it, so it needs to be removed. I see.
>>
>>318207546
that would maybe be a problem if foc didn't have a fucking gun and the second best ground speed besides Falcon to just avoid all of that entirely and get ridiculous amounts of % from lasers
>>
>>318207306
>Jiggs vs. Fox is the most boring matchup in the game
You forgot:
Samus vs Marth
Sheik dittos
ICs dittos
Peach vs literally any character in the game
>>
Fighting game characters aren't allowed to be good?
inb4 >fighting game
>>
>>318207773
samus dittos

luigi dittos

pretty much all the floaty mid tiers against each other are a fucking snore to watch
>>
File: plup.jpg (12 KB, 260x250) Image search: [Google]
plup.jpg
12 KB, 260x250
>>318207768

Fox not Foc, whoops
>>
>>318207186

jiggs wasn't taken seriously until years after melee's release. in fact there was an april fools tier list that had jiggs near the top long before she actually took that spot. Mango pushed her metagame to the point where she could actually be taken seriously, then hungrybox commandeered the pick and mango dropped puff for spacies.
>>
>>318208002

is it just me or is plup always baked as fuck?
>>
File: 1446430940427.jpg (38 KB, 602x423) Image search: [Google]
1446430940427.jpg
38 KB, 602x423
>>318207773
>Peach vs. Jigglypuff
>Jigglypuff vs. Jigglypuff
>>
>>318207768

Aside from FD the other stages aren't large enough to be a comfortable distance away
>>
It's hilarious watching tourneyfags continue to whine about these things year after year at increasingly sillier extremes. From an outsider perspective, it's ridiculous anyone can be so mad about a cute puff ball invading their 'serious' game about mario punching peach in the cooter.
>>
>>318208191
definately not just you, went from one slower APM character (Samus) to Sheik because he's always fucking glazed out of his mind

>>318208356
Stadium, Dreamland

that's 3 out of the legal stages, factor that into counterpicks and bans and jigglypuff fights the uphill battle of stage counterpicks

this is pretty much the rare exception, all you salty fucks act like jigglypuff already doesn't have a 3-7 losing matchup against Fox
>>
File: 1439931379686.jpg (46 KB, 811x543) Image search: [Google]
1439931379686.jpg
46 KB, 811x543
>>
>>318208520
>all you salty fucks act like jigglypuff already doesn't have a 3-7 losing matchup against Fox

are you fucking high?
>>
File: 99345324.gif (2 MB, 211x213) Image search: [Google]
99345324.gif
2 MB, 211x213
>>318208339
peach vs puff on dreamland
>>
>>318208520

Dreamland ok, stadium changes too much and jiggs is all about waiting around
>>
>>318208787
Jigglypuff loses to fox pretty damn bad at high levels, Fox is just far too fast. Ask Hungrybox, Leffen, Mango, Armada, literally any player that knows what they're talking about. Jigglypuff gets rekt by Fox worse than Peach does. Hbox is just the outlier, so much for "low tier heroes" everyone masturbates over
>>
>>318208964
How did Hbox get so good?
>>
>>318209232
Same as the rest of the gods, he watched Mango
>>
>>318208949

Stadium changing benefits fox, the Rock transformation pretty much makes rest not an option (you can just tech off the wall and upsmash puff, armada did this at evo grand finals), the windmill stage makes it harder for jigglypuff to edgeguard fox (another place for him to land, harder for jigglypuff to cover) and fox can kill puff really early off the top of stadium, especially when all the transformations allow him to get even closer to the top blast zone for an upair or upsmash.

Fire stage also gives Fox an advantage because he can tech off the walls, so no rests again lol. Grass stage is the most neutral but even then the stage is super long and fox can just laser camp

>jiggs is all about waiting around
Maybe at a low scrub level, sure. All the other Jigglypuffs except Hungrybox are all extremely defensive. Watch Prince Abu play for fuck's sake, dude makes Hungrybox look aggro. And by the way, Hungrybox is aggressive. How is Armada running away and shooting lasers and spacing aerials not defensive? You're just looking through anti-puff biased glasses, all top level play is mostly defensive in nature. Armada plays like a bitch with peach just throwing a shit load of turnips, Mew2King camps the ledge until he gets a grab and kills you, PPMD just shoots you and bunch and does calculated pokes all game into big falco combos, everybody plays "lame" in high level mate

Jigglypuff is about getting rests and grabs, especially against Fox. She can't camp Fox, she just gets shot by lasers until he can kill her with one of his super fast aerials. She doesn't have a projectile, she fights with her body for fuck's sake. About now it's pretty clear you don't know anything about Melee and have probably never even went to a tourney in your life. Done replying now, inb4 i was only pretending to be retarded

>>318209232
he's a god
>>
File: No, this is no longer Melee.png (140 KB, 222x261) Image search: [Google]
No, this is no longer Melee.png
140 KB, 222x261
>gets a job and financial security
>puts even more work and effort into Melee

Damn, Hbox is a strange guy.
>>
>>318207087
jiggs has better air speed
>>
>>318207773
Peach vs spacies is pretty fun actually.
>>
>>318199065
Too many plebs
>>
>>318204909
I'm not good, not that good anyway
You anons are just bad, really bad
>>
>>318211094
It really isn't
It's literally the same as Puff vs Spacies except with CGs instead of rests and Peach living 4x as long as Puff would
>>
>>318204730
>playing competitively
>fun 100% of the time
I don't care if you idiots enjoy the matchup, it's not that hard to win against puff unless the puff player is a great player. There are probably 3-4 puffs i couldn't beat and it's not because it's puff- it's the person playing.
>>
>>318208567
I love these kinds of edits. More?
>>
Aint hbox the one who got bodied by scarflard?

Damn man melee must be even more of a joke than tr4sh if that loser won anything
>>
>>318212632
Didn't scarflard get bodied by people not even in top 100 in melee? He had to resort to playing broken characters in PM and then moved to tr4sh, what a joke.
>>
File: lastnighti.jpg (20 KB, 536x476) Image search: [Google]
lastnighti.jpg
20 KB, 536x476
>>318211953
Not really
>>
>>318212632
Hbox has never lost to scarflard, in fact he's only destroyed him
>>
>>318212632
You mean at the invitational? I'd hardly call that getting bodied when it came down to sudden death.
>>
>>318199505
Then there's this idiot.
>>
>>318212632
Hungrybox won if you go by most tournament rules (person with higher percent loses if stocks are even), zero timed him out like a bitch when he should have lost lmao that's the joke here
>>
The problem with Jiggs is that she's a gatekeeper, somewhat like Sheik but on steroids. Whenever Hbox attends a tourney, anyone who doesn't have a Fox on par with or better than Armada/Leffen's will never place first. There's literally no other way to beat Puff except with a Fox and playing like a dick.
>>
>it's a floaty character match

Only thing more boring is a villager or a sonic match.
>>
>>318212830
Zero was top 100 in melee last year.
>>
I can understand not liking to watch Peach or Puff, but what's wrong with Samus? Her patient gameplay and neutral is always interesting especially against fast characters. Watching Plup's Samus if he ever pulls her out against a spacie is a fucking treat.
>>
File: cancer.png (365 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
365 KB, 1280x720
>>318214704
>Any match with

>Villager
>Rosalina
>Pac Man
>Sonic
>>
>>318215105

I stopped caring about sm4sh a few months ago when the finals were always the same people, but I realized that every Sonic and every Villager match was the most boring shit I have ever seen in a smash game.

I've watched some really fucking boring matches in the series, but any match with those two characters are so bad.

Sonic does one thing the entire match. Always. There is no variation. It always ends up being the same match.

Same with villager only they play even more lame and run away like faggots.

It's like in pro wrestling where a wrestler can only really wrestle the same match over and over again, in the sense that if you've seen one Kane match, you've seen all Kane matches.

It's fucking awful.
>>
>>318208964
>Jigglypuff loses to fox pretty damn bad at high levels, Fox is just far too fast. Ask Hungrybox

you mean the guy who beats the best foxes in the world with puff? you kinda just disproved your own point.

fox has a lot of good tools but it doesn't matter. maybe if you're talking TAS, sure; but if HBox can beat the best foxes on the planet using puff, it doesn't make a difference. The matchup is not heavily in foxes favor in an equal skill matchup at top level.
>>
>>318215105
more like literally any smash 4 match, its such a slow mess to play and its boring as all hell to watch unless someone is shitting on zero
>>
>>318215717
>one person beats high level foxes that means every puff can

except have you even looked at the gap between hbox's puff and any other puff mains? The gap is fucking huge
>>
>>318215894

that's not puff's fault though. if the match was decided by hbox being substantially better than the fox, and having a handicap by his character pick, sure. but every other puff being not top-level worthy doesn't mean puff is bad, it means the other puffs haven't pushed puff's metagame far enough. hungrybox is proof positive that puff has at least an okay matchup as long as you play properly. far from a 70-30.
>>
>>318213025
You chu pose updside-down drank my sister?
>>
>>318212830
zero was ranked 32

then he decided getting arthritis at 30 was shitty and played another game and won tons of money.

melee fans are children that think permanent wrist injuries from playing video games is cool
>>
File: B7WrBXtCQAA0qxq.jpg (5 KB, 100x75) Image search: [Google]
B7WrBXtCQAA0qxq.jpg
5 KB, 100x75
>>318218339
>>
>>318207536
when it comes to /v/shitters, Melee Hell fags and Stream Monsters which are all essentially the same thing, tech skill and "hype" super offense are the only things that matter.
>>
>>318212632
>invitational
>with made up Nintendo rules
>on a game no one had played before and they had 15 minutes of training

I took the bait
>>
>>318199065
My dick went right up is what
>>
>leffen blowing up twitter again after a horrible performance
Like clockwork. How does TSM still support this guy?
>>
>taking a game for little kids seriously
>>
>>318221046
>taking anything seriously
>>
>>318219832
>waaah melee hell is baaaaad
You're only right because of the influx of smash 4 retards
>>
>>318221840
But Melee hell IS bad, anon.
Don't be ashamed, anon, own up to it.
>>
>>318222615
its like 4chan, yeah its bad but its the only place you can say shit that would otherwise get you banned because muh esports
>>
>>318222753
It's definitely good in that sense. But everyone there is a shitter, pretty much exactly like melee threads here.
Unsurprisingly, there's a large user overlap.
>>
>>318222931
Not everyone there is a shitter, big melee players shitpost there like hbox,m2k,westballz ect. There are a lot of shitters that think they're good though.
>>
File: lefingerguy.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lefingerguy.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>318207773
>IC dittos but it ends up in SOPOs
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.