[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any oldfags here remember watching The Wizard as a kid? It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: p12046_p_v7_aa.jpg (163 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p12046_p_v7_aa.jpg
163 KB, 480x720
Any oldfags here remember watching The Wizard as a kid? It was basically a feature length advertisement for the NES and the power glove. It was famous for having the first reveal of super Mario bros. 3.

Anyways I saw that this movie was on rifftrax so I picked it up to watch it again. I never realized how incredibly creepy this movie is. From awkward kissing scenes between pre- pubescent kids to false child sexual assault allegations this movie has it all.

No wonder so many gamers from this time have trouble with women. I think this movie traumatized them.
>>
I still have a crush on Jenny Lewis.

I mean, modern-day, adult Jenny Lewis. Not child Jenny Lewis. That would be kind of weird.
>>
>>318197101
Anon, you touched her breast!
>>
>>318196904
It was a great movie, I think people got to see mario bros 3 before it was released because of this movie. When I saw it I remember loving the aspect of a video game tournament, great flick

My older brothers said they flipped the fuck out seeing mario bros 3.
>>
>>318197101
...haha
>>
Every kid in my neighborhood came to my house when we rented the VHS

The SMB3 part was memorable but in retrospect it's some coming-of-age tale about kids which my younger self utterly forgot.
>>
>>318196904
The kid with the power glove grew up to become a kiddy fiddler, he's now a registered sex offender.
>>
Someone should stream it so we can laugh at it together.
>>
>>318197805
I'd stream it but I don't really want to cheat Mike out of money.

I'm not normally one of those anti piracy types but rifftrax really deserves the money.
>>
>>318197292
Id touch her breasts
>>
>>318198227
She'd probably let you then accuse you of sexual assault.
>>
>>318198127
I'll personally donate $10 if you steam it for us, anon
please?
>>
>>318198361
Have you seen those bongos? #worth
>>
>>318196904
Greatest depiction of gaming culture in western media to this day.
>>
What's Fred Savage been up to lately?
>>
>>318201154
Same thing he has always been. B-movies and lame TV shows.
>>
>>318197790
Should've kept his power gloves off those children.
>>
>>318201734
The power glove.. it's bad.
>>
CALIFOOOOOOOOOOOOORNIA!
>>
>>318201943
KNOWS HOW TO PARTY
>>
Is the kid autistic?
>>
I fucking loved the concept of that movie when i was a kid. You know, the whole videogame tournament thing. Too bad e-sports showed me how stupid that thing can be.
>>
I'll never forget that this movie taught me how to get the secret whistle in world 1 castle in smb3.
>>
>>318201943
CAWIFORNYA
>>
>>318196904

I never actually saw it, even though I went to one of those nintendo world championship mini-conventions.

Playing all those new games on the little kiosks was as good as sex at that age.
>>
>>318196904
I lived on a U.S. base in SEA and never got the excitement over a game I was already playing for years.
>>
Watched the Rifftrax of this last week.

Kind of a lame movie, but I can only imagine how kids saw it at the time.
>>
>>318197101
I have a crush on both
>>
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

WE HAVE THREE CONTESTANTS

SO I GIVE YOU

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAST BAAAAAAAAAAALL!!
>>
>>318197805
That'd be cool
>>
NIN-JA GAI-DEN
>>
File: wiz.jpg (38 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
wiz.jpg
38 KB, 500x269
>>318197101
>Yeah, well, uh, just keep your Power Gloves off her, pal,
>>
>>318197701
It's a movie-length nintendo commercial. You're supposed to remember what they played, not why they were playing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.