[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well /v/ ? would you play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1448744033419.jpg (28 KB, 460x387) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448744033419.jpg
28 KB, 460x387
well /v/ ? would you play it?
>>
Why not just ask the question OP? That Office Space character has nothing to do with the content of the text
fuck your impact font
fuck you
>>
>>318186987
No. The Harry Potter universe is boring as shit.
>>
>hate Harry Potter
>hate Skyrim
No.
>>
Ya
>>
>>318187373
he's from reddit.
>>
>>318187615
You know what I hate?
Newspaper
>>
>>318186987
Oh look it's another 'Why haven't they made a Skyrim version of game [x] yet?' .
>>
>>318187373
>>318187683
i found it on Facebook :^)
>>
>>318186987
no because I'm not a tumblrette meme loving facebooker you fuckin cake
>>
>>318186987
Harry potter is for faggot teenagers.
Although an open-world game that focuses more on magic would be extremely welcome. But it being like skyrim would be pretty shit.
I just wanna be a powerful wizerd.
>>
>>318187507

This, the entire franchise revolves around teens feeling helpless and getting a strop on.

Here's the thing: There are so many fucking plot holes it's stupid. Why do the adults all act like incompetent middle management types that miracously haven't been fired from their jobs yet?
Why are Wizards totally and completely incompatible with modern technology?
Why is there ONLY one killing spell? Why is there no counter-terrorist wizarding unit for Voldemort types? What about all of the incredibly offensive and potentially incapacitatable spells like the one that removes all your bones? WHO DOESN'T FREAK THE FUCK OUT ABOUT THAT KIND OF SADISTIC SHIT BEING REALITY? I MEAN FUCK IMAGINE THAT HITTING YOU IN THE CHEST, FUCKING RIP.

Oh yeah and everything is possible but CCTV, but long range magic tracking and disciplinary action is instantaneous.

Seriously, just shoot the fucking cunt. With y'know, a gun.
>>
>>318188742
>There are so many fucking plot holes it's stupid.
Rowling still makes shit up to cover up plot holes on twitter to cover her shitty writing whenever people point out them out.
>>
You're retarded
>>
>>318188742

>Counter-terrorist Wizarding Unit

I smell a GOTY! Rainbow Six meets Dark Messiah Might and Magic.
>>
>>318188742
it's just a silly children's book
>>
>>318188742
That's because the harry potter stories all explain the spiritual world from a very negative point of view through symbolism. All of that shit that makes no sense means something else entirely when you're familiar with occult beliefs. The entire point of the series is to make you feel like you have no choice but to become something truly disgusting in order to do well in non-physical life. If you aren't familiar with occult beliefs and have any fucking taste at all the series just seems like a particularly uninteresting light novel.
>>
>>318191882

In terms of children's books, Artemis Fowl completely shits all over it. Like seriously, I hope the movie adaptation I heard about years ago is still a thing/not going to be shit.

Like some blend of Ocean's Eleven and Space Dandy.
>>
>>318186987
your post is shit and obviously bait but I'd pirate it, still
>>
>>318188742
>Seriously, just shoot the fucking cunt. With y'know, a gun.
I hope your not this stupid. Guns don't fucking work against wizards and witches. Especially not against someone of Voldemort's level. The book has some stupid plot holes, but that's not one of them.
>>
>>318188742
>>
>>318192221
>Movie adaptation
>2015

Have you seen the absolute shit that hollywood is putting out today?
>>
>>318192221

Oh my god I just remembered the bodyguard is literally Agent fucking 47. Bald and heavily trained to boot.

>>318192392

The adaptation was sort-of announced about ten years ago, still waiting.
Instead we get Hunger Games.
>>
>>318192325

Yet Wizards seriously don't understand shit beyond the invention of the post card.
Considering the mental loops they have to jump through to cast most of the spells why nobody tried at least magically enchanted weapons I don't understand.
I mean fuck, they still employ non-magical defenses like ARTIFICIAL CONSTRUCTS SWINGING SWORDS AROUND and "magic world only for no apparent reason" guard animals.
>>
File: 1441712785895.jpg (49 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1441712785895.jpg
49 KB, 300x345
>tfw got bullied and Harry Potter in early school because of black hair and wearing glasses that were round
>tfw my sight is good now and I don't have to wear any kind of glasses at least for now
>>
>>318192825
and called Harry Potter
fuck my thinking today
>>
>>318192792
>>318192325
>>318188742

I thought that human inventions literally didn't work in the Wizard world?

Either way Voldemort would have been fucked if he actually got to the stage of his plan that involved invading the human world. He and his crew were hilariously incompetent.
>>
>>318192825
>>318192919
i feel you, but all the girls LIKED me because i looked like harry potter :)
>>
>>318192519
Fuck, now I wanna re-read them all.
>>
>>318186987
>similar to skyrim

'no'
>>
File: chinese harry potter.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
chinese harry potter.gif
2 MB, 360x240
Never played a Harry Potter game, are any of them good?
>>
>>318188742

You're just as bad a Mother Fucker Mike reviewing that Elmo video thats made for 5 year olds. Its for little kids. Stop thinking so hard about it. Fuck, its magic, they dont have to explain shit,.
>>
>>318186987
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told all the other people who tried to bait me

0/b8 harder m8
>>
>>318188742
>Here's the thing: There are so many fucking plot holes it's stupid. Why do the adults all act like incompetent middle management types that miracously haven't been fired from their jobs yet?
Because wizards are arrogant fuckers with some enormous societal problems.
>Why are Wizards totally and completely incompatible with modern technology?
Because wizards are arrogant fuckers and magic makes a lot of technology not work.
>Why is there ONLY one killing spell?
Why do you need more than one killing spell?
>Why is there no counter-terrorist wizarding unit for Voldemort types?
There is.
>What about all of the incredibly offensive and potentially incapacitatable spells like the one that removes all your bones? WHO DOESN'T FREAK THE FUCK OUT ABOUT THAT KIND OF SADISTIC SHIT BEING REALITY?
Why would you freak out about something that has been around since forever? Do you freak out about torture every day?
>I MEAN FUCK IMAGINE THAT HITTING YOU IN THE CHEST, FUCKING RIP.
Magic is capable of some pretty ridiculous healing powers.
>Oh yeah and everything is possible but CCTV, but long range magic tracking and disciplinary action is instantaneous.
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but this was set and most of it written before Britain put a camera on every corner
>Seriously, just shoot the fucking cunt. With y'know, a gun.
Where do you propose these underage kids get a gun in Britain?
>>
>>318192221
>Space Dandy
What?
>>
>>318192325
[citation needed]
>>
>>318193540
1 and 2 are good on every system I played (GB, GBA, PC), 3 was good on GBA, others I couldn't say.
>>
>>318194516
Gamecube, not gameboy, whoops.
>>
>>318186987
Fuck that, what Harry Potter needs is a Persona style RPG.

You can either be Harry or just some creator character before or after Harry's story if you don't want to interfere with the plot.
>>
>>318194332

It's almost serious sci-fi. Almost, because dwarfs like worms eat and shit dirt, and they weaponise farts easily.

Assuming you're talking about the book of course.
>>
>>318193735

Except there's a distinct difference between edutainment and just poor writing. "Children" anything that isn't educational should basically just be enjoyable by anyone, so just no hard words and no explicit content.

That's why children's TV used to actually be good a few decades ago. Now it's obviously pandering for an age group that won't complain or offend adults.
>>
>>318194696
It seems like a pretty serious stretch to compare Fowl with Space Dandy, especially if the only reason you're doing so is because Fowl is a little sci fi.
>>
>>318194879

Except for the part where it's more sci-fi with fantasy? With magic being restricted to simple hypnosis and regeneration? Cos everything else is tech. Energy weapons, flight suits, octocamo, magma transportation, very high end futury stuff.

Oh right and the whole vampire clause thing where they get sick in buildings. Which happens like once.
>>
Anybody who likes the idea of an RPG set in a magic school should look at Mana Khemia. Though it's a JRPG, so more plotted than an Elder Scrolls game, and it's "alchemy", rather than "magic".
>>
>>318192325
Guns would actually work exceedingly well against the average wizard, who is incapable of casting so much as a shield charm worth a damn (Hence why Fred and George could sell clothes with such charms on them for so much money).

Against Voldemort they are comparatively ineffective for two reasons; one is that he's a magical prodigy, and the other is that 99% of the story the issue is as much that he's immortal as it is that he's powerful.
>>
I know why!
You´re a Mutt!
>>
>>318195794
Don´t know why the link wasn´t shown, this is meant for
>>318187737
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.