[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it that bad? And if it is, then what should we, Quake 3 heads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Quake_Live_Logo.png (143 KB, 799x199) Image search: [Google]
Quake_Live_Logo.png
143 KB, 799x199
Is it that bad? And if it is, then what should we, Quake 3 heads play now?
>>
i like its customisability, but what part of anyone makes them think i want to pay for fucking airstrafing
>>
Anyone else?
>>
File: 1427409905065.webm (256 KB, 642x712) Image search: [Google]
1427409905065.webm
256 KB, 642x712
>>318186574
>we, Quake 3 heads
right

>>318186869
there's no subscription model any more. if you have the game you have everything
>>
>>318186574
Don't get you retards who say it's "bad", it's practically Quake 3 with just a few small changes like rail damage reduction, improvements in netcode, etc. Most of /v/ probably can't play it now without paying. Reflex and UT4 are the only other Arena Shooters worth looking at.
>>
>>318188508
only legitimate complaint is that they jewed half the players by charging for it unless you played through steam beforehand without any warning whatsoever. the QL source port is really, really well done. ill start caring about reflex again when they remove timers
>>
File: 1407437124884.png (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1407437124884.png
172 KB, 400x400
>>318188324
Right what?
>>
>>318189602
You can talk to support if you have an old QL account to get it free on steam, or at least that's what I heard. Most everyone who was still playing the game had it on steam, so it's not a big problem. The port to steam was better than it than before, but they really dropped the ball in terms of features that will attract more players. The biggest thing is there no longer being ELO, which a lot of players like for a feeling of progression.

Do the timers still show the time if you don't see/hear the item be picked up? Hopefully they are removed.

>>318186869
>paying for fucking airstafing
When was this ever a thing? Before steam, you could still play PQL by yourself, and you could join servers with the PQL rule set.

>>318189670
He probably meant that if you were an actual "Quake 3 head" (stupid label to put on yourself), you'd know that QL wasn't bad, and is actually in improvement in regards to pure gameplay in the VQL rule-set (without the initial steam changes like HMG), and that throughout the entire time of QL, you could play said ruleset, and was the default for Duel for the entire time, and that most servers mostly turned off said changes.
>>
i kinda want tiers back.
I get carried like crazy every round.
>>
I'm not going to bother with it until they make it easy for people to import their old accounts over to steam without having to go through support.
>>
>>318186574
UT2014
>>
>>318190257
i grabbed it on steam the day before this update, my friend who had had pro before had no such luck with support though. from what i can gather you had to have had active pro when the old system went down, which is really shitty of them.

timers are unchanged since april(?), but only show PU in CTF. they said something along the lines of removing them at some point but i suppose it would go in hand with a new sound engine which doesn't have global pickup noises or something. or keep them in some reduced form, god forbid.
>>
>>318191236
config or stats? stats and accounts are gone, configs can be copied over from the old version.
>>
What's the best way to play vanilla Q3A online?
I don't wanna give money to bethesda.
>>
>>318193258
cpma. don't think you find much action on osp, maybe some people on ra.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150507150019/http://www.funender.com/quake/quickstart.html
http://cpma-news.org/guides/installation
to get you started
>>
File: 1395667940556.jpg (651 KB, 1732x1462) Image search: [Google]
1395667940556.jpg
651 KB, 1732x1462
>>
>>318194626
>this is what inner city urban youth actually believe
>>
>>318188508
It is bad because the devs are actively trying to kill it.
Before it run on browser, so it worked on every os.
Then they made their shitty client that only worked on windows, but at least it worked.
Now they made their steam client which is fucking shit.

Before on the server browser you could see
how much time was left on the match
if player was spectating or playing
players elo

Now you can't see any of that info and to add to that there is bug that causes servers to show that they have player when they actually don't.
So you can join that are supposed to have player but when you connect it's empty.
It is really painful to try to actually find server that actually has players, not to even speak finding a player that matches your skill level.

The client crashes randomly and there are way more sound bugs than before.
Also the servers lag way more than before the steam version came.

At least quake3 and reflex fucking work unlike that piece of shit that is quake live.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.