[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've grabbed La-Mulana for 3€ and I've been playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
I've grabbed La-Mulana for 3€ and I've been playing it the whole evening, I have tried to fully explore around 3 locations and I failed miserably, I love it. The exploration, the mystery, the feeling of despair and bits of humor make it so good.
I've told myself I'll skip on any guides, so I wonder how long that will last.
How do I check the map I've found near the snail-men though?
>>
>>318186328
>I've told myself I'll skip on any guides, so I wonder how long that will last.

Good luck, then. This is the one game where everyone at least tried to do this, but then gives up. The game is near impossible without a guide, since the further you go on the more cryptic the solution to puzzles are.

Protip:
Make sure to get the Holy Grail in the first area if you haven't yet. It allows you to teleport between places making traveling much less tedious, it also helps you escape from traps that permanently trap you inside.
>>
>>318186759
>Protip
this is going to end up with me spending 10 hours in the first area just to never find it

well, if I find my way out of the mausoleum I'll surely do it, thank you
>>
Haven't played in a while, but I'm pretty sure you need map reading software.
>>
File: lamulanastarters.jpg (278 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
lamulanastarters.jpg
278 KB, 1152x648
Good shit OP, read this
>>
>>318187040
oh yes, I've seen that in the shop but I thought I wouldn't need it yet, thanks
>>318187271
BUT THAT'S A GUIDE
>>
File: Artificial difficulty.webm (917 KB, 644x514) Image search: [Google]
Artificial difficulty.webm
917 KB, 644x514
>>318186328
I suggest you write down what most tablets after the first area say because after that the puzzles might need info from other areas to be solved
Also check all walls
Checking the name of all rooms helps too
>>
>>318187361
It's more tips than a guide.
>>
The game will last you ages without a guide.
>>
>>318187361
It's not, it's general tips as intended by the creators

Seriously, if you haven't read the guide/seen the video/both, it's definitely intended you do that
>>
>>318187570
okay so
1) get the grail
2) scan everything by pressing V
3) bash everything with a whip/another weapon
4) scan save positions by switching subweapon to the scanner
got it
>>318187810
I've now read the manual
>>
this is a remake of a great game from 2005, and maybe one will love the original game more
>>
Anyone know when La Mulana 2 comes out?

Not a backer so I can't read anything on the Kickstarter page
>>
>>318188808
It's still a ways off.
>>
File: accurate_la-mulana_experience.png (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
accurate_la-mulana_experience.png
29 KB, 600x300
>>318186328
There are no recorded guideless wins. I've only seen one retard even claim they've beaten La-Mulana completely guideless here.
>>
>>318189190
>There are no recorded guideless wins. I've only seen one retard even claim they've beaten La-Mulana completely guideless here.

I beat it without guide, but me and a bunch of friends started it at the same time and helped each other out if someone was stuck, so it was with help
>>
>>318186328
Only way to avoid guides is to write a physical journal with messages and shit.
>>
>>318189190
>There are no recorded guideless wins.

Wouldn't that be logically impossible, though? I mean, at least one person must have beat the game without a guide in order for him to create a guide in the first place.

Unless the Devs spoiled everything
>>
>>318188808
They blocked out the entire world, now inputting triggers and shit

I can get some posts if you want, I'm a backer
>>
>>318189461
No, I mean there are no literally recorded longplays that prove they beat it guideless.
>>
>>318189518
Please do, anon. Anything from the latest posts just to see what's up
>>
>>318189396
>and helped each other out if someone was stuck, so it was with help
Which friend looked at a guide to "figure out" to randomly hit walls even in rooms with heavenly retribution? Or mantras? Or the hidden shop?
>>
>>318189518
>Hated twin labrynths because it was too big and getting lost in there was easy
>Demo dungeon is just as big
Fuck
>>
>>318189649
What? It's not THAT cryptic, like the only spot I can remember no-one could figure out for a bit was that dance in the Chamber of Birth
>>
>>318189461
And the devs spoiled everything for the original, and most things carried over to the remake. In any case, there was collaboration involved when making guides. Solo guideless is what's truly impossible.
>>
>>318189619
We've been working on constructing the internal processes for long time, and now (finally!) we are able to implement more ""visible"" staff into the game. At last, we can feel like we're actually developing the game.

The lighting design is not concrete yet, but by creating the La-Mulana 2 map in 3D with Unity, we can slowly but surely get an idea of "what kind of game we are trying to hand over to the user". Since it's being made in 3D, Lumisa can stands on the rotating platforms and, when someone gets close to the glimmering barrier, she or the enemy catches the reflection of the light. Traps and mechanisms which take a long time can keep working even outside of the screen, and complicated gimmicks with numerous objects can have complex animations precisely as the designer intended.

From now on, programmers will search for all the problematic points and fix those. I will finish the graphics and ancient writings for other stages.

NIGORO
Takumi Naramura
>>
In the old days there used to be a dirty collaboration between developers and Prima Strategy Guides to throw in a few completely inexplicable and nigh-unsolveable puzzles into a puzzle game for the sole sake of getting the gamer to buy the game guide

if La-Mulana was a remake of a much older La-Mulana game that came out of that era? Sure is possible the devs spoiled everything themselves. On the side, for extra dosh, that is.
>>
>>318189838
We completed all the temp-maps, except for the last and the hidden stage.

From now on, we'll try implementing the warp-gates or weight gimmicks which our programmers have been creating while we were busy with map creation. After that, we should be able to walk around the whole map.

The reason why we are in a hurry to create the whole map to be playable is that LA-MULANA is a game that we need to see from the bird's eye view. We need to confirm if the player can move around the route we expect, if there is any place the player gets bored, or if there is no problem leading the player to the answer of the puzzles.

Apart from the things above, we still need to add more graphics to make the fields better. We also we need to think about the BGMs.

NIGORO
Takumi Naramura
>>
>>318189931
We finally started creating the entire maps in 3D using our blueprints; in fact, we already finished the 8th field.

Well, I said "finished", but as you can see, the field only has walls at this point. This is called "mock data", in game developing jargon, which is used for testing.

Why did we created these fields then? To enable Lumisa to walk around every possible maps. Just want to see if our puzzle designs actually work with all the required objects.

Thanks to Unity, we now can see the movement of the game only using these mock data. So it is hard to believe but it is even possible to work on the artwork after the game/puzzle design.

NIGORO
Takumi Naramura

(this one is Oct 29, first I posted was a week ago)
>>
I kept a physical journal and beat it mostly guideless. I had to break down and ask a friend what to do for the Eden puzzle, and I think maybe one or two other minor things like not noticing you can climb the vines in the final area
>>
File: HATE.jpg (112 KB, 619x460) Image search: [Google]
HATE.jpg
112 KB, 619x460
When was the last time you got mad at a video game?
>>
>>318190208
>like not noticing you can climb the vines
Same here, it was so simple.
>>
>>318190469
use the caltrops you retard
>>
>>318190020
Thanks, pal.
>>
>>318190469
Didn't even know there was a hidden area until well after I beat the game.

Might try to unlock it if I ever feel like playing La Mulana (on hard mode this time) again. It should be much easier the second time around since I can mostly remember what to do and how to solve all spuzles
>>
>>318190526
>implying that's the hard part
>>
>>318191372
caltrops + software combination that gives you extra i-frames lets you get past that screen easily
>>
>>318190976
>Didn't even know there was a hidden area until well after I beat the game.
it's not even hinted in-game, no shit
>>
>>318191482
>easily
>when your window of i-frames is down to the millisecond
>>
File: la mulana in a nutshell.jpg (759 KB, 636x800) Image search: [Google]
la mulana in a nutshell.jpg
759 KB, 636x800
>>318190469
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.