[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always see people on /v/ talk about this game and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
I always see people on /v/ talk about this game and was wondering if it's worth getting for $10. Is this the only Stalker game worth getting or are there others as well?
>>
>>318186198
Play this one first, and then think do you want more of the Zone.
I personally think CoP was the worst one. Anyway CS and CoP are bad compared to SoC.
>>
>>318186606
Still love the whole series though.
>>
It's a pretty good game, but it does take a certain mindset to get into.

Playing on Easy mode actually makes the game harder, since it takes more bullets to kill things (but so do you), while Master mode makes you die in 2 hits but so does everything else. Beyond that, you really need to pay attention to your surroundings and have your trusty bolt on hand.

As for the others, Call of Pripyat is more linear than Shadow of Chernobyl but more stable in vanilla and a worthy title. Clear Sky is very buggy, but the concept of taking bases and advancing faction wars is good enough to warrant at least one playthrough, after the other two.
>>
I tried to play it again a little bit ago, and my mouse movement was weird, i wasn't moving, I was slowly swaying

how do I fix that?
>>
>>318186715
The bullet damage in CS was atrocious though. I barely got 12 hours in, even after mods. It would take an entire clip to kill one guy, and shotguns point blank didn't even work. Shit was so Unsatisfying
>>
File: 1442598805054.jpg (56 KB, 502x515) Image search: [Google]
1442598805054.jpg
56 KB, 502x515
>>318186930
>clip
>>
>>318187235
Go away /k/.
>>
Don't, it's pretty shit. Dunno why /v/ cums about it so much when it's pretty fucking bad. I wish i never threw away money on it.
>>
I just bought this yesterday, playing for the first time. It's actually really good, I was surprised at both how fun it is and how good it runs on my toaster.

Going for a vanilla run my first time. Anything I should know about anomalies? I keep getting close to them and they sap my health and that's it. There's this tunnel I need to explore to find some Stalker's stash but I tried going in and died.
>>
File: 1406299952686.jpg (473 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1406299952686.jpg
473 KB, 900x900
>>318186198

God damn, one would think everybody should know about this game on /v/ by now.

Stalker veteran here, worth every cent because its a great game for spooky, mysterious, soviet, post-apocalyptic action enthusiasts. Always play on hardest difficulty and start with vanilla SoC, then you probably should make a modded run. Same for CoP.
Also do not listen to those fags above, CoP is great and improved on every aspect of the gameplay, although the story suffered and the really spooky underground sections are not so much in focus as in SoC. Both games are pretty much equall, because they both excell in their own fields. CoP has better mechanics and is more polished, while also having a more open world. SoC is more atmospheric and has a much better story. CS is utter shit and you can feel free to ignore it, only redeeming quality CS had were the maps, which do not salvage the game sadly. Probably still worth a try if you are really starved for more Stalker, but I personally get nauseous just by seeing the game.
>>
File: 1448562721635.jpg (225 KB, 600x773) Image search: [Google]
1448562721635.jpg
225 KB, 600x773
>>318187418
no
>>
>>318187235
Is this a character from Splatoon? Why does she have fangs?
>>
>>318187607
Too late, already bought and installing right now.
>>
>>318187629
Press 6 (or 7, or 8, I forget which) to take out a metal bolt you can throw to trigger anomalies. Hold right click to charge for a longer throw.
>>
>>318187629

There are several different ones.
You can either avoid them by following paterns, getting artifacts which negate their effects, or simply walk through them when you have enough health. Of course knowing your anomalies and avoiding them is the best option, if you did not know already, you have bolts which you can throw to detect them better.
>>
>>318187908
>>318187948
I did not know about the bolts, I only bought it yesterday and played about four hours. Thanks for the tips, guys.

Do the bolts attract them away from an area or just let you know where they are?
>>
>>318188040

You just see them that way, knowing that whatever fucked the bolt up will fuck you up.
Avoid the ones that suck you in like a plague, they are going to shred you no matter how good equiped you are.
>>
>>318188040
It triggers them, so you know where they are, and for some the reset period is long enough you can sprint through them safely.
>>
>>318188217
>>318188317
Thank you fellow stalkers.
>>
File: 1388080865927.jpg (15 KB, 229x251) Image search: [Google]
1388080865927.jpg
15 KB, 229x251
Just installed CoP and i'm playing Misery 2.1 right now.
Just went artifact scavenging in the Claw, almost fucking die but i found 2 artefacts, both with 90% fire protection.
I want to see if i can use them in the burtn farmstead before selling them since Beard whats artifacts from there.
I literally spend the whole day hunting mutants/artefacts just for a meal and a drink of vodka, fighting other humans is a pain right now, since i only have my Skorpion and a Beretta, and 9x18 is god dam hard to find so i avoid using my Skorpion as mutch as i can.
When i go hunting i usually just try using my knife when hunting fleshes or boars, pseudodogs need a good 9x19 to their face.
I'm pretty sure Recon is the worst class, but god dam i'm enjoying this.
>>
>>318187824
have you never seen a squid beak before?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.