[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your reaction when Fallout 2D became Fallout 3D? Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 3d2d2[1].jpg (207 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
3d2d2[1].jpg
207 KB, 600x300
What was your reaction when Fallout 2D became Fallout 3D?

Where you blown away by the upgrade or shocked at the heinous betrayal of the original flavor?
>>
saw the trailer when it came out and thought it looked cool. never heard about the games before it
>>
>>318183968
I was iffy about the change but I think it worked. Pity about the writing though.
>>
>>318183968

Played FO3 in mid 2013,
Then FO1, FO2 and FONV in early 2014
Just finished with FO4
Currently playing Tactics...

The way it used to be is okay for that time standards.
I doubt it would have the same success nowadays if they opted to kept most mechanics.
>>
>>318183968
I was impressed by the visuals, but shocked to see it being turned into a shooter. It was the time when "modern" reboots that simplify and consolize things, usually making them into FPS'es, was already starting to be a thing, unfortunately.

The game was kinda fun for the first few hours, but ultimately it just gets boring.

>>318185115
No shit, sherlock. Big publishers opt for the consolitis + multiplat releases in order to maximize the sales, not to appeal to the fans. Unless the fans already were of that cancerous group.
>>
I didn't really care, I guess?

F3 didn't really feel like Fallout and more like it's own thing with the Fallout IP tacked on.
I dropped it after like 10 hours.

I really did like New Vegas though which actually felt like a Fallout game and the FPS style didn't bother me at all.
>>
OP here, i own both 3 and NV and they bothr appeal to me, NV more in the sense that it just has greater playability for me, 3 seems lacking when revisiting it.

What about NV is, well, better?

Atleast in Anon's opinion anyway.
>>
>>318183968
2D to 3D is fine.
It was Bethesda's shit mechanics & dumbfuck writing that ruined it for me.
>>
>>318183968
>by the upgrade
What upgrade?

After 10 years they couldn't make better gore animations and they've said they've been focusing quite a lot on it.
>>
File: facebutter i guess.jpg (15 KB, 359x480) Image search: [Google]
facebutter i guess.jpg
15 KB, 359x480
>>318183968
I came to PC gaming in 2004. I had never heard of Fallout prior to Fallout 3. 3 was my first and I loved the setting. I ended up loving New Vegas more due to it being closer to a real RPG. I decided to play the originals after that, but I just don't like CRPG gameplay.
>>
>>318188009
I came / started my own PC gaming the same year as you, but I certainly had already heard of Fallouts. There was a small fad in my junior high for them.

>likes NV for being "closer to real RPG"
>does not like CRPG gameplay
make up your mind already
>>
WHAT

DO

THEY

EAT?
>>
File: Moh AA2.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Moh AA2.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>318189446
I just don't like turn based combat and the UI took a while to get used to.
>>
>>318183968
New Vegas proved that it was possible for the transition to be succesful when handled by the right developer. Bethesda are not the right developer.
>>
I wasn't surprised by the switch and honestly was fine with it it was the story changes that pissed me off.

Although more strategy and more challenge would have been nice but mods took care of that.
>>
>>318190013
I honestly didn't see any difference between 3 and NV, and just got bored to both. Just a lot faster to NV than 3.

ANd I fucking loved 1-2.
>>
>>318183968
>Heavy marketing and casual-idiots falling for it
Gee
>>
>>318183968
I didn't really care about it becoming 3D, I was more worried because it was made by Bethesda after the mess that was Oblivion.
>>
>>318183968

I remember getting a box set some time around 2000 which contained Baldur's Gate and Fallout. I played the shit out of Baldur's Gate but I couldn't get into Fallout, the gameplay felt awkward in comparison.

Years later (can't remember if it was before or after Fallout 3 got released) a friend who's a huge Fallout fan got me to replay it, I got pretty far but I still got bored eventually. The story is pretty cool but the gameplay is very boring IMO.

So I'm fine with the gameplay changes in 3, I think it's an improvement. The writing is pretty bad however and I'm still not a fan of the post apocalyptic environment. Everything looks the same and it doesn't make me want to see the rest of the game.

So... I guess Fallout's not for me.
>>
>>318183968
I dont like the new fallouts at all but it doesnt ruin the first two for me except when i try to talk about the series
>>
If more people bought Fallout 2, the user rating would have been worse.
It's a better game, but there aren't 8 million people who would love it.
>>
>>318183968
That comparison is such crap, distribution systems were different back then and fo3 was released on multiple platforms
>>
>>318183968
Fallout 3 was the first I ever heard of the series so I didn't care. I grew up with Nintendo and then Playstation, so I never was aware of PC games outside of Hover and that pinball game that came with win95.

>>318189605
Molerats. And molerats eat other molerats. The entire world is supported by an endless loop of molerat consumption.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.