[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's proven that Star Citizen will deliver, can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: UnluRS9[1].jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UnluRS9[1].jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
Now that it's proven that Star Citizen will deliver, can we discuss it in a civil manner?

They're about to hit 100 million dollars in funding.

>No Vederation shilling (so no furry shit)
>No Goon shilling
>No Kong shilling

Are you in the PTU yet? My id is 670 and I got in, about to start playing right now.
>>
>>318180785
I bought some stuff long ago and has access to the PU, how is it?
I completely lost interest over time.
>>
>>318180971
Pretty great although still buggy (hence the closed beta).

It has quests, EVA/FPS stuff, multicrew ships, local physics grids, new flight model, all ships unlocked for testing, dynamic destruction etc. Basically most of the stuff the full game will have save for 99% of the content.
>>
>>318181125
I'll give a try in a few hours, the last time I checked the hangar module was just released.

Got a nice 325a, combat armor mk9 etc
>>
>>318181660
Try other ships, the 325A is really outdated right now. It's going to get a second pass in a while but it's kinda low priority since it won't be used in Squadron 42. Give the Constellation or Retaliator a whirl.
>>
Not in the PTU yet. I liked the dogfighting a lot, but I heard that in 2.0 they added a cone of fire mechanic to the repeaters (and possibly other weapons).

Not sure how I feel about that. Screams to me that it's a decision to placate the joystick dads who keep crying about mousers.

Get hyped for S42.
>>
>>318181857
The flight model got a hell of a lot faster and skill based. Racing is going to be fantastic.
>>
>>318181780
Also, how does it run? did they optimize it a bit?
i7 4790k
GTX 970
16Go ram

Iirc, they use Mantle right?
>>
>>318182258
It still runs of Dx11 I recall. It runs a lot better now, they offloaded a lot of stuff on the GPU and I think you'll be fine. I get a pretty bad framerate but I have an AMD Phenom II & GTX 570, building a new PC in january hopefully.
>>
>>318180785
>Are you in the PTU yet? My id is 670 and I got in, about to start playing right now.
Enjoy crashing every 5 minutes, not joking.
>>
>Loading: Boarding in progress
>Puts you in a lobby and count down timer
>Typical shooter match starts up

This is how it will go. It will not be this dynamic shit they talk about
>>
>>318182930
It literally works right now. It's seamless and not at all like you're projecting, wipe your crystal ball once in a while.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.