[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ still hate this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Does /v/ still hate this?
>>
File: 1423779386593.jpg (87 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1423779386593.jpg
87 KB, 640x360
I shitty game what used the LGBT community to sell units and create buzz?
Yes.
>>
>>318178646
I don't care about it, never have and probably never will.
>>
>>318178646

There's no good reason to like it, so...yes.
>>
>>318178856
You're implying that your character is gay and only the gay community could make it a million dollar game.
>>
>>318179469
Isn't the character gay?
>>
File: 1412020589153.jpg (66 KB, 477x550) Image search: [Google]
1412020589153.jpg
66 KB, 477x550
I'm implying your a faggot
>>
>>318179460
I think it's impressive that it does complete nonlinearity better than literally every single AAA "open-world" game released this year
>>
>>318179708

Not saying Fallout 4 is a great game but it blows Gone Home out of the water in that regard.
>>
It was an ok game.

yes it's a fucking game, with really limited gameplay, but still a game. you needed to explore the house to find what you needed to get to the attic. the reason people could speed run it so fast is because it was interactive.

+great atmosphere
+good level to explore
+audio logs are mostly well voice acted
+multiple plot strings to learn about

-story is only meh, especially for a game that relied on the story
-way too short for the price

if the game was $5 and didn't get great reviews because Gaynor is friends with a bunch of "journalists". it would've been fine. I got it for $5 and had a pleasant but overall forgettable experience.

the gay thing is fine but they shouldn't have milked it for everything they could and people defending it becuase of the gay thing didn't help.

but if we start to judge games based on content matter we don't agree with and attach media controversy to the experience of the product, we are no better than the SJW who defended it for the very same reason.
>>
>>318178646
>>318178856
>>318179969
not videogames fuck off
>>
>>318179708
and it's a speed runners wet dream, a game you can beat in one and a half mins. with out using a glitch. that's fast man.

Don't forget the ham fisted oppressed lezbo story.

Or the lack of intelligence on part of the devs.

Oh and the we hate it cause sjws not at all because its trash that's barely above candy crush in its complexity.

oh and fyi what? 6 rooms? that is not open world. hell doom is more open world by that standard.
>>
>>318179969
>muh interactive experience
>>
>>318179885
No, it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Size does not equal quality. Please get this through your thick skull.
>>
>>318178646
I don't care about it. Just another shitty game if you ask me.
>>
>>318180604

I'm willing to listen to your fucking retarded argument then.
>>
>>318179654
Not the player character.
>>
>>318178646
yes its utter shit
>>
>>318178646

>great models and environment
>great setting for a mystery/horror story with all the secret passages in the house and shit
>sets the tone perfectly for horror story
>no gameplay
>after 20 minutes you realize you just walked around a house to figure out that there's a little lesbo who ran away to scissor with some other lesbian
>videogame
>>
>>318179969
This is correct. It's good for what it is and it is a game. It has more rules than a game of pretend.
>>
>>318181003
I don't think someone who believes FO4 isn't complete garbage is in the position to call anything retarded.

But it doesn't matter. Go, play your shitty generic Bethesda game that will be forgotten when the next shitty generic Bethesda game comes out.
>>
>>318181858

So you don't have an actual argument on how Gone Homo does "open world" better than Fallout 4, cool story fucking faggot.
>>
>>318181987
dont take the bait, or maybe he is a fucking idiot who actually thinks that in which case i hope he dies to a chicken bone stuck in his throat
>>
>>318181987
I wasn't talking about it being an open-world game, I was talking about the completely non-linear narrative, which is theoretically an aspect of an "open-world" game.

God fucking dammit this board is retarded.

>>318182169
You too, Mr. Edgelord.
>>
>>318179708
>complete nonlinearity
What are you talking about? GH is very linear.
It sets you up with expectations and then subverts them and that gets messed up if you find things at the wrong time.
The whole game comes apart and gets boring if you don't pay attention to the not so subtle clues and unlock the areas at the proper time.
The whole game would be better if it was totally on rails because the puzzles aren't really puzzles and walking is painfully and needlessly slow.

>>318178646
Yes I still hate this game. The only thing its good for is being a period piece that shows the zealous overreactions of journalists to mediocre indie games in an environment of stagnating AAA development.
>>
>>318178646
nah, i kinda liked it

at firrst myster kept me going, then it turned out it's a very personal and tragic love story with a happy (kinda) end that made me all fuzzy inside.
>>
>>318182343
I just mean that if you honestly think that gone home is a better game than fallout 4 (which isnt a great game ill give you that) but atleast fallout 4 was a fucking game, not a glorified youtube video
>>
>>318182343
>I was talking about the completely non-linear narrative

Fallout 4, as bad as it is, still does that better.
>>
File: Progressive.png (438 KB, 673x960) Image search: [Google]
Progressive.png
438 KB, 673x960
>>318178646
Yes, and it's no different than undertale

Literally same agendas
>>
>>318182954
why the fuck does agenda matter. of course dumb asses will say a game they like has an agenda that matches their ideology. just play the game unless it doesn't look fun, then just don't buy it. this is why shit is so bad because we let peoples liberal (excuse the pun) use of politics in video games bother us so much. not saying we should completely ignore it. but it's curious that everyone loved Undertale until tumblr liked it. now suddenly most of /v/ shits on it.
>>
>>318182597
I'd rather play the glorified YouTube video than that garbage pile. The former's more interesting than the latter.

>>318182809
Just say you like the game, it'll save you and other people time.
>>
>>318182954
>>318183585
you could just as easily argue that genocide making the game harder "offers a more rewarding experience" which you could then argue that the game preaches that violence is a way to get the most out of life. you'd be dumb for saying that a $10 video game is trying to sway your lifestyle/ choices either way.
>>
>>318183585
Do people actually care about what tumblr has to say?
Why are you so insecure?
>>
>>318182954
>>318183585
It's bait, genius. Lazy bait at that
>>
Its one of the most boring "games" Ive ever played
>>
>>318183824
>Just say you like the game, it'll save you and other people time.

I like it enough to play it, yes, but that doesn't make my point any less wrong.
>>
>>318183824
thats fine but whats not fine is you calling gone home a better videogame than fallout 4 when only fallout 4 is a videogame out of those, gone home is what you millenials call an "experience"
>>
File: 1407085176346.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1407085176346.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
Why would anyone ever like "gone home"?

If you've played it you can tell exactly what the dev was going for, relying on nostalgia and childhood memories to try and get you to care but it all comes off as extremely shallow and stupid. Interacting with all of the stuff in the house was just not fun.

and then we had the gay reveal at the end which was just the topping on the shit.
>>
Didn't this game have like 1 programmer, 1 map designer and a million Ideas Guys?
>>
File: 1441253994755.png (108 KB, 600x527) Image search: [Google]
1441253994755.png
108 KB, 600x527
>>318179969
>but if we start to judge games based on content matter we don't agree with and attach media controversy to the experience of the product, we are no better than the SJW who defended it for the very same reason.

You are fucking kidding me right now. If you take away the intention controversy and victim roll of the dev, this game becomes a 1.5/10 at best. The story and writing are so simple it reminded me of middle school fiction papers. Design is poorly implemented, with the entire premise crumbling if you don't do things exactly the way the dev intended them. It's artificially lengthened by locking the player into an unnecessarily slow movement speed. It is literally only held up by a group of people who lauded it as progressive, because it doesn't hold up under a critical eye when removed from it's cocoon of controversy.
>>
>>318178646
>go into it thinking its a horror game
>start turning on all the lights in case something pops up
>nothing ever happens
>>
>Gone Home
>it's your home and you have gone home but you haven't really gone home, no really it's technically your home but you've never lived there because your parents moved in while you were away so it's not really like coming home and having your home be a mysterious alien place, it's literally a home you've never been in before which defeats the whole fucking purpose the devs claimed to set out with because lesbians is all that really matters
>"story" of your parents and sister is told through you being a nosy little shit, only not really because your family likes to leave embarassing shit out all over the place
>forced to experience the sister's lesbo story whether you want to or not through the dumb voiced diary shit
>1 1/2 hours long if you take your time
Complete garbage. Glad I transferred all the humble bundle money that would've gone to the devs to either charity or more deserving devs in the bundle, because even $1 would've been too much.
>>
>>318185170
>Why would anyone ever like "gone home"?
>gay reveal
There you go. Also it's not just at the end, you get a lesbo love story shoved down your throat the entire game.
>>
>>318187332
>shoved down your throat
It comes at you at your own pace as you find it among other plots. You're acting like it's all one big gay cutscene.
>>
File: 1441247496037.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1441247496037.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>318187332
I don't have anything against gays in games. I have a lot, A LOT, against this shit being lauded by reviewers because it fits their little idea of the right message. It could be a game about supporting starving children in Africa and if it was designed like this it would still deserve shitty reviews. You don't just apologize for developers being lazy cash grubbing shits.
>>
>>318188916
The thing is that they didn't praise it based only on the gay theme. /v/ likes to think that's all there is to it because it's an idea that echoed back and proof without anyone really caring about who said what. It's overrated as fuck but there are people here who actually believe people were claiming that this was the first game to feature a gay character.
>>
>>318182954
>Undertale
>Fundamentally an alright game with or without the lesbians

>Gone Home
>Boring piece of shit that would've been forgotten about in a week if the sister ran away with a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.