[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand it /v/. So many people love fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1436164594343.jpg (163 KB, 780x915) Image search: [Google]
1436164594343.jpg
163 KB, 780x915
I don't understand it /v/. So many people love fallout 4 like it met every single bit of their expectations. From the time it was first reviled to right before it came out, I was hype as fuck for fallout 4. I was loving all the new changes they were doing. I was excited for the settlement building, the dynamic power armor, the weapon mods, the potential for the story, was hoping to get to see the transition from the prewar world to the post apocalyptic world, and expected to be able to FEEL the difference you were making in the post apocalypse. But after putting over 50 hours into the game it was extremely underwhelming. The "limitless" settlement building is extremely limited. Most of the underwhelming parts of the game were parts I liked at first, but eventually became dull (like exploring the institute or using new perks) but the settlement building, the thing I had the highest hype for, never became interesting to me. It's so limiting I found it to be dual after the first thing I built. I just ended up putting bedsz water wells, and food at random places until my settlers stopped bitching. And the story was bland as hell to me. It got particularly worse near the end, when it became just a choice of picking a side and a faction dies, the end. But why do so many people love this game?
>>
Also none of the factions appealed to me at all. When it came down to what side to pick, I simply thought "which one do I like less". You have no way to change the brotherhoods one track mind, you have no way to convince your son his ideals are selfish and he can't force an entire civilization to think his way, and you have no way to convince the railroad that the brotherhood means well and get them to talk them into joining forces. The story is linear to the extent that there's only 4 sides and they can never work hand and hand.
>>
File: 1442971803485.gif (358 KB, 380x298) Image search: [Google]
1442971803485.gif
358 KB, 380x298
>50+ hours
Too late to get that refund anon
>>
>>318178035
It's not a bad game, it's just not really a fallout game.
>>
>>318177692
>Also none of the factions appealed to me at all. When it came down to what side to pick, I simply thought "which one do I like less". You have no way to change the brotherhoods one track mind, you have no way to convince your son his ideals are selfish and he can't force an entire civilization to think his way, and you have no way to convince the railroad that the brotherhood means well and get them to talk them into joining forces
You mean the world doesn't revolve around you like some generic JRPG?
>>
>>318179739
You mean like all other fallout games. In all the other games you're a lone wanderer that brings the change the world has been waiting on since the beginning of the apocalypse. I'm not saying being a foot soldier and nothing more for a faction of your choice is bad, I'm saying it's bad for a fallout game.
>>
>>318179739
Your choices in the storyline are pretty much yes or walk away for everything. How is that not generic?
>>
>>318179625
It's a pretty bad RPG. It's a semi-amusing casual open world FPS. Not worth more than $5 though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVQ9KaPxRI

daily reminder this game is a shit

>no dialogue trees
>no challenge
>tiny map
>most limiting fallout title
>>
it's just paid marketing still hyping it

everybody who bought it i read opinions from all more or less say how shallow and disappointing it is.

a game made for paid celebs to play for 15 minutes at Todd's party and proclaim GOTY
>>
File: 1438584042273.png (51 KB, 213x233) Image search: [Google]
1438584042273.png
51 KB, 213x233
>>318181056
Fuck this video triggered me
>>
File: 1437291268875.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1437291268875.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>318181332
>tfw IGN gave it a 9.5
I like the game and even I think that's bullshit.
>>
>>318180904
>It's a pretty bad RPG. It's a semi-amusing casual open world FPS.
I agree
>not worth more then 5$ though
But I still think it's not a terrible game. In my opinion, it's a 7.5/10. There's many improvements they made with the combat and I really like the different level of enemies and how they made it more balanced for high level players. In FO3 and NV once you got to a certain point killing enemies became way too easy and made it become gradually boring. In FO4, they broaden the difficulty of enemies. The physics where far more appealing as well, when it wasn't glitching. There's a few redeeming qualities of the game that makes it worth playing at least. But not enough to really keep you playing, especially after you finish the story which is disappointing anyways.
>>
File: chapolin.jpg (6 KB, 261x150) Image search: [Google]
chapolin.jpg
6 KB, 261x150
>>318177131
Laughing like a retarded here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.