[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1448701779431.gif (637 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1448701779431.gif
637 KB, 500x363
This game would be 10x better if literally ALL the weapons you find throughout the game are weaker than your starting weapons.. what the fuck were they thinking??? It really pisses me off because this games atmosphere/lore/setting is fucking AMAZING.
>>
How is that any different from Dark Souls?
>>
this doesnt make any sense
>>
ok
>>
My first playthrough, I used the cane-whip(which is my fav. wep), all the weapons I came across were just not even close to being better than it.

Why not make different cane-whips?
Why limit the gear variety so much?

I hate having to be gimped if I want to try playing the game with a different style/weapon setup
>>
File: 1406681584985.jpg (13 KB, 167x175) Image search: [Google]
1406681584985.jpg
13 KB, 167x175
They're all meant to be equally viable. You pick whichever one catches your eye and compliments your stats.
What you're proposing is an antiquated way of looking at weaponry in video games and how a player characters damage should progress.
Now let me kiss you passionately until you learn your lesson you meme loving fuck.
>>
>>318168392
There are tons of different weapon setups that are viable in Dark Souls.

>Fencing char(Balder Side Sword)
>Big Ass Wep char(Tons of good Big Ass Weps)
>Sword/Shield
>Viable ranged builds
>Dual-wielding ninja char
>Paladin, Dark knight, Plague knight, Pyro knight, Pyromancer, Pure caster

the list goes on.. you just don't have this kind of variety in Bloodborne unfortunately.
>>
File: 1430880933246.jpg (41 KB, 293x319) Image search: [Google]
1430880933246.jpg
41 KB, 293x319
A HOONTER MUST HOONT
>>
>>318168671
This is laughable...
Yeah you can pick a weapon that catches your eye, but you will be gimped compared to other options, despite stats.
The starting weapons are objectively better in every way.
>>
was thinking of getting bloodborne, but the lack of weapon variety mentioned in this thread kinda worries me, considering that was a strong part of DS.
>>
>>318168970
There are lots of dif. weapons... they all just suck.
Alot of them are really cool and neat, but they suck.
>>
>>318168920
pizza cutter is objectively superior to nearly every weapon in the game.
>>
>>318168561
Most weapons are better than threaded cane, it's just that threaded cane you used scaled more with the statsof your build and you upgraded it more.
>>
>>318168970
The game more than makes up for it's lack of character build variety with the lore/atmosphere/gameplay, It's really the only down side to the game imho.
It would just be 10x better if this weren't the case
>>
>>318168342
>atmosphere/lore/setting
can't save the collision/control/game design though. And this is garbage since the first game.
>>
>>318169135
The weapons that are better than the threaded cane are also starting weapons
>>318169059
Wow one weapon that is better than every other weapon, thanks for proving my point
>>
>>318169303
Kirkhammer isn't a starting weapon, better than the threaded cane.
>>
>>318169216
>collision/control/game design

dsp poster detected.

>WOOOOOW STUCK IN A CORNER AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>318169352
It's literally one of the first few weapons you find early on in the game, I'd also argue that the cane is better(especially for parrying)
>>
>>318168806

Range weapons wise you're right, but you can change almost any weapon in BB to have elemental damage with the right gems and the fire/bolt papers change things up to.

I mean prior to the Boom Hammer, you could turn the kirkhammer into that if that was your playstyle.
>>
>>318169303
>Wow one weapon that is better than every other weapon
In literally every game there is a 'best weapon' don't act like that's unique to bloodborne.

OH WOW I GOT A LEGENDARY WEAPON FROM THE FINAL RAID BOSS OF THE EXPANSION THATS BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER WEAPON THANKS BLIZZARD WHAT SHITTY GAME DESIGN
>>
>>318169483
>I'd also argue that the cane is better(especially for parrying)
Whoa it's almost like different weapons are good at doing different things, fucking weird, they should all be the same and do the same damage just to satisfy your autism.
>>
>>318169216
honestly if you have trouble with that you are some underage bitch. Only real problem I had was DS2. There might be an OCCASIONAL bullshit play from the computer, but unless you're some total faggot, it won't ruin the entire game for you.

Honestly, to hear how some people insanely rage over a very uncommon occurrence of an unfair death due to glitch, convinces me they must have some fucking anger management issues
>>
If you took away all the trick versions of weapons and made them all their own separate weapons would that make the game better or worse. EG. the Hunters Axe would be separated into a separate axe and a separate halberd, and the kirkhammer would be separated into a sword and a hammer instead of a combo etc.
>>
>>318169657
Don't worry, most of them are buttmad PCúcks that just shitpost about bloodborne because they can't play it. BB has best controls of all souls games.
>>
>>318169717
worse
>>
>want to try all the cool new weapons in the DLC
>don't have any chunks to level them up to a comparable damage level to my axe

I almost wish they made weapons un-upgradable instead of armor.
>>
>>318169717
Alot of the trick weapons are only good in one trick mode, the whip for example is pretty shit.
>>318169653
The cane is literally better in all ways than the shit kirkhammer, sorry pal.

>>318169552
Ok. But there should be lots of end-game variety of weapons which are equally good and are viable, Bloodborne doesn't have this. Literally every gameplay video you see, people are using the same weapons 9/10.
>>
>>318169717

Why the fuck would you do that?
>>
I like all the weapons, some may be better situational weapons like the beast cutter or stake driver. I just wish all your characters had a shared storage but I guess then you'd have people invading central yharnam with +10 weapons on NG
>>
>>318170007
>The cane is literally better in all ways than the shit kirkhammer, sorry pal.
Except doing about 60 less damage, oops.
>>
>>318170007
>Literally every gameplay video you see, people are using the same weapons 9/10.
Try playing games instead of just watching them, you'll have more fun, trust me.
>>
>>318170007
>the whip for example is pretty shit.
>The cane is literally better in all ways than the shit kirkhammer, sorry pal.
I think you may want to rethink that post there buddy.
>>
>>318170253
I've beaten the game multiple times... I'm obviously pointing out that everyone who also plays the game uses alot of the same weapons(which are very few)

I know youre a (You) hunter though so here's your (You)
>>
>>318170446
I may be a (you) hunter, but at least I can beat the game without having to use the OP meta weapons.
>>
>>318170385
The threaded cane is better in Cane mode, the whip is pretty useless. The actual weapon is better than the kirkhammer.

Did you not know the cane mode is different from the whip mode of the same weapon??
>>
All the weapons are viable you dummy.

Yes the Saw and Axe are two of the easiest weapons to learn and you certainly get through the game very easily with either of them. But the fun comes from taking a harder weapon like the Chikage or the The Wheel and learning how they can be used.
>>
>>318170624
>half of the function of the weapon is shit
>BEST WEAPON COMING THROUGH GUIZ NO FLAWS AT ALL MOVE OVER
:^)
>>
>>318170629
I love how these shitters complain that everyone uses saw, whilst using the saw. Maybe they should git gud a little bit?
>>
>>318170524
I've beaten the game with the harder to use weapons. The fights just last 10x longer and every fight becomes a tedious chore.
Even if the weapons sucked but were fun to use, that would be better.
>>
>>318170714
>Weapon's only good function is still better than your shithammer in every way

:^)
>>
One of the things the game really needed is a respec function, it would have made changing weapons and playstyles that much faster.

The difficulty is already there, but it would open the door all that more easily for us.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.