[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sliding after landing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: smokemario.png (19 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
smokemario.png
19 KB, 333x333
Or the worst thing that happened to platform games.
>>
Shovel Knight is even worse
>>
>>318168295
You mean best thing?
>>
>>318168295

Kirby.
>>
>>318168295
git gud
>>
File: 1444522352077.jpg (9 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1444522352077.jpg
9 KB, 255x255
You mean
>get hit
>bounce to side
>>
>3d game
>doesn't drop a simple shadow under your feet
Should literally be illegal.
>>
>>318171795
>tiny no-damage bats
>most terrifying thing in the game because getting hit knocks you back a quarter mile and you're on a skinny ledge
fucking this
>>
>>318173215
>not jumping into the enemy to bounce back onto the platform and avoid the problem alltogether with invincibility frames
get on my level
>>
but thats wrong op.

the worst thing to happen was BAH BAH and making the enemies fucking dance when it happens.
>>
>>318174352
bahbah?
>>
Are you talking about carrying over momentum after jumping a long distance? Because that's been in since Mario 1
The real worst thing to happen in NSMB Wii was making everybody's run speed slightly slower and momentum feeling like shit.
>>
this games hit animation was the fucking worst.
>>
>>318175886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVzenjrnz0o
>>
I dunno about platforming but in general invisible walls are just horrid
>>
>>318174352
Don't you talk shit about BAH
>>
>>318176481
That one is fan made though
>>
>>318171795
Basically shovel knight in a nut shell.

I mean, it gave it difficulty as everything was balanced around that but holy shit.
>>
>>318177087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePj-aGI2bd8

The bah are way too prevalent. And the enemies fucking stopping to do a little dig when they bah is annoying
>>
>>318173215
fucking Castlevania and AVGN.
>>
>>318177302
>>318176481
Step aside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZGojqX9JU
>>
>>318178339
WHAT THE FUCK THE ENTIRE SONG IS BAH

This has to be an edit
>>
>>318178412
It's not
>>
>>318178412
I 100'd the game and yeah.. that's in the game.
>>
>>318178992
Is the game any good?
Some of the music choices were a little...suspect in my eyes, but is the gameplay good?

For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vfQjnLkt0&index=14&list=PL2XjmdkuVL-0wsJ4hit8wCpU049x6YCWS
>>
>>318179346
Is the weakest game of the series but still a very good game. I beat it 3 times already
>>
>>318178339
Not nearly as bothersome as people say. Goombas do a little jump and Koopas stop for a second, it doesn't change anything in the game because you're usually tearing ass at it anyway. It's cute and fits the game. The real problem is the level and overrall design.
>>
>>318168295
The thing is how they arrived at a conclusion that it works that way? When you start running it real world, then jump, then land you just stop your momentum and depending on the way your body handles it by shifting its weight you may land finely on a spot or begin to rollout forward because of the momentum. Sliding normally doesn't happen if you are not landing on ice or don't have boots stirred with vaseline.
>>
>>318181039
>then land you just stop your momentum
have you ever actually ran in your life?
>begin to rollout forward because of the momentum
that's the slide, keeping the character using a walking animation gives weird feedback for the player because they want to see the sprite doing something when they push the opposite direction instead of continuing to walk.
it was also probably heavily influenced by how cartoons show a character stopping in the same way for dramatic effect.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1-3nVRCuoM

Best song in the entire New Super Mario Bros. franchise. Not a single "BAH"
>>
>>318168295
Recently went back and played the original SMB on the NES and it was strage how bad the controls felt.

Like. it wasn't awful or anything like that. But it felt a lot more floaty and slidy than I remember it being.
>>
>>318182173
Wait. Are you serious?

This is Mario paint tier awful.
>>
>>318179346
I mean it's a Mario platformer so it's exactly what you expect but it's definitely the worst out of all the NSMB games. It's much easier than past NSMB games and the focus on collecting coins is retarded since they do absolutely nothing except give you lives and unlock a new title screen once you've devoted enough hours of your life to reach the final milestone.
>>
>>318182435
>mario paint ost
>awful
Are you high?
>>
>>318182435
>/v/ - Shit Taste
>>
>>318182524
>>318182549
It's like the entire song was made up of samples played on a old keyboard.

This is stuff we used to do in high school music class because it sounded silly.
>>
>>318182831
Just... just shut up before you embarrass yourself more, man. Fucking obviously a song on the original DS is made up out of samples. You think they play .wav files on a 64 megabyte cartridge you absolute retard?

I also didn't know you were a composer for nintendo in high school.
>>
>>318168295
Luigi sliding like a bitch after you barely even touch the control stick is the worst shit ever
>>
>>318182980
Oh right. Forgot the DS had shitty tech.

Doesn't make the song any better though. Just one of the reasons why.
>>
>>318183190
God, you're a retard.
>>
>>318183692
So are you. So let's be retards together.
>>
Let's talk about the best things that happened to video games instead:

Cancelling out of stuff.
>>
>>318184134
To be fair. Haven't we gone backwards in that area as well?

Now it's all "better let this tedious long as fuck animation finish, wouldn't want you to actually enjoy playing the game".
>>
>>318171973

>3d platformer
>Shadow is realistic
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.