[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 34
File: Marioluigipaperjam[1].jpg (2 MB, 1863x1704) Image search: [Google]
Marioluigipaperjam[1].jpg
2 MB, 1863x1704
I can't believe I managed to finish Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team just a week before this releases for all the cool kids.

Mario RPG thread senpai
>>
>>318166392
Dream Team is pretty long for a Mario and Luigi game.
>>
>>318166568
It takes a while for the plot to actually kick off, that's for sure.

Paper Jam instantly puts you in the action by comparison.
>>
>>318166568
It's pretty shit too
>>
I honestly could never get into Super Mario RPG. I don't know what it is but it just feels archaic to me, I'm sure it's a fine game bu I personally never saw the appeal.
>>
>>318167495
It's archaic, but I wouldn't mind a remake of it with better gameplay.
>>
>>318167495
Nah it's alright. I like the game but see where you're coming from. It's hard to go back too after playing Paper Mario, TTYD, Superstar Saga, etc, before it's VC release for the original Wii at the time.
>>
>>318167495
I feel like it suffers from the same issue that Super Paper Mario had, it doesn't FEEL like a Mario game at times. There are unique enemies and characters which Mario RPG fans love, yes, but they don't exactly mesh well with the other Mario characters. It causes this weird contrast.

Also it has a few odd translation issues (did Square translate and not Nintendo?). Bowser's Castle is called "Bowser's Keep" and Toad Town is simply "Mushroom Kingdom". Even some regular old Mario baddies who appear as enemies have strange renames.
>>
Yeah, well, we got...uh...Yo-kai Watch?

Damn you, Nintendo of America.
>>
>>318168048
Ted Woolsey(who worked at Square) handled the SMRPG translation. He also did the translations for the original SNES versions for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. I personally like most of his work(I prefer his translations of CT and FFVI over the newer versions) but he did take a lot of liberties.

My guess is that he wasn't too familiar with all the Mario names. He mentioned he only had like a month to translate a game.
>>
>>318168997
Would people feel alright if a potential SMRPG remake correctly localized all the names? I feel like that would almost be a certainty if it were to happen.
>>
>>318169181
Oh, definitely. It doesn't seem like Nintendo or Square-Enix ever even acknowledge the game at all though, SMRPG only ever had one cameo ever(Geno in Superstar Saga) and hasn't had any music or trophies in Smash.(maybe some stickers in Brawl, but I'm not sure)

Thankfully it did get a timely VC release, unlike EB which was stuck in limbo for many years.
>>
>>318168763
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, rather.
>>
>>318166392
>Nintendo is dying
Mate , trash after trash. What the fuck happen to nintendo?
Is Miyamoto fault?
>>
>>318166568
This. It's probably my favorite in the series, but the pacing is definitely off. I also replayed it recently, and you could probably cut out at least 5 hours of unnecessary filler that would improve the overall game.
>>
File: 1413506094270.gif (481 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1413506094270.gif
481 KB, 225x225
>>318169714
>Europe gets to wait until February for that
I guess we shouldn't complain because we got physical Fatal Frame 5 and a much earlier Woolly World release, but still.
>>
>>318169714
>>318169959
>America has no Style Savy 3 release date
>America got amiibo Festival first
>America got Yokai Watch first
>America got Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon first
>America got Nintendo Badge Arcade first
>America gets Fire Emblem Fates first
>America gets Paper Jam next year

>Europe gets Style Savvy 3
>Europe got Woolly World first
>Europe got Devil's Third first
>Europe gets Paper Jam first
>Europe gets Mystery Dungeon next year
>Europe gets Yokai Watch next year
>Europe gets Fire Emblem Fates next year

>Japan gets everything above + Xenoblade X and #FE and Rhythm Heaven before anyone else, sometimes months in advance
>the only thing they get the short stick on is Mario Tennis, which they get late January and is already out in all other territories

Schedule mixing, basically.
>>
>>318169915
It's also my favorite, but trying to think about it objectively, they probably made each area too big, and that includes both real world and dream world. Almost everything feels like a climax dungeon, and the actual ones (Mt. Pajamaja, Somnom Woods and Neo Bowser Castle) don't feel all that different from the other areas due to this fact.
>>
>>318169915
>>318170209
I think they realized how "big" Dream Team's areas were, because the camera is noticeably zoomed out in Paper Jam.
>>
>>318170176
Speaking about Rhythm Heaven, is anything known about a western release for The Best +? It seems like it was swept under the rug.
>>
>>318169881
Here's your reply
>>
>>318168048
>>318169553
There were no stickers in Brawl as well. The main problem is copyright issues between Nintendo and Square Enix. (Look at Square Enix's acknowledgement in the credits of Superstar Saga.) I would love a remake or even sequel to the game, but I'm not putting money on it. On the bright side, Nintendo and Square Enix's relationship has grown stronger in recent years.

I'm not doubting it's one of the stranger chapters in the Mario series, but I feel everything comes together better than Super Paper Mario. I say it's due mostly to the unique art style and tone of the game.

>>318169915
I did find it much better than most people said (it's better than Partners in Time and possibly even Bowser's Inside Story), but the pacing was really what brought it down the most. Aside from a pesky NPC, The Thousand-Year Door (which is even longer than Dream Team) had good pacing.
>>
>>318170491
It was on an upcoming releases schedule at one point in one of the Japanese investors meeting documents at the very least.
>>
>>318170491
>>318170767
Treehouse has explicitly stated in the past that the process of localizing Rhythm Heaven is incredibly lengthy and cumbersome.
>>
>>318170491
What were sales like for Rhythm Heaven Fever? That game was awesome but I feel like even that was a risk for a western audiene. Most likely won't release to the west because Ameridumbs hate fun.
>>
>>318170932
I can see that, they localize every song and that completely changes the gameplay as well. It's pretty much an Ouendan -> Elite Beat Agents kind of thing.
>>
>>318170990
Not a whole lot. It was released pretty late, so it was mostly played by those already familiar with the series.

I've played The Best+, and it's kind of a mixed bag. The remix songs are mostly pretty meh and nowhere near Fever-level quality, it has a lot of boring easy filler at the beginning("Story" minigames) and it's missing some really good minigames. It did do a great job with the ones they did bring over though, and it's fantastic to play the RH DS minigames with buttons instead of touch screen controls.
>>
>>318171613
How exactly do most games control on The Best +? How did flicking (DS game) and A+B then release games (Rhythm Heaven Fever) translate to the 3DS?
>>
>>318169915
I don't understand the complains about "bad pacing" or "filler" in Dream Team.
Like, you play these games just to reach the next cutscene, to see what happens next in the story?
It was all good gameplay. I never felt like an area overstayed its welcome, there was always some new gameplay mechanic to keep things fresh. Some of them, like the swimming or the time manipulation, didn't even have time to be used to their fullest.
>>
>>318171954
Flicking and A+B both got translated to the B button, and it works pretty well.

By the way, the Challenge Train which got added is the #1 reason to get this game. It even sets some minigames to 2X speed, which makes them much more challenging.
>>
Finishing up Dream Team right now before Paper Jam is released next week. These games are so comfy.
>>
>>318170176
>the only thing they get the short stick on is Mario Tennis, which they get late January and is already out in all other territories

It's not like they're missing out on anything.
>>
Will they betray each other?
>>
>>318174217
Nah, they'll butt heads but in the end grow closer thanks to their hatred for Mario, causing them to use their own sick-ass bros attacks against you.
Please make it happen AlphaDream.
>>
>>318174217
They will fight for a bit
Then team up
Then betray each other, but both at the same time
>>
File: 1445821834199.jpg (8 KB, 281x278) Image search: [Google]
1445821834199.jpg
8 KB, 281x278
>>318174217
nah, they'll just call up Spazkid to set up and reenact in a Gaper Mario spinoff
>>
What happened to the German guys who got the game early? Even if their streams got C&D'D they should still be able to play the game and leak info.
>>
>>318172089
I actually played through the first half of the game twice because I lost my cartridge.
It's was pretty annoying to go through everything a second time, but it wasn't as bad for me twice as some people claim it was for them once.

/fit/ mountain was enjoyable (even twice), but it was definitely 30-40% too long though. It's the only normal zone I felt was unnecessarily long, but the statue descriptions and Massif bros kept me going.

Did the mountain have a dream zone? I can't remember.
Maybe they thought the normal world needed to be longer to compensate.

Some other zones might've been too long if you combine normal and dream world, but I don't remember clearly.

Most of the time I was just happy I had more content to play through though.

Also: Best music and best gameplay shared with SSS
>>
>>318175429
Nintendo ninjas got to them.
>>
File: 1423435315403s.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1423435315403s.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>318175389
>Spazkid explaining Sonic lore on the podcast today
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>318175429
He now understands,
>>
File: GaperMario.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
GaperMario.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
Gaper Jam when?
>>
Dream team is pretty weird for me
First time playing I loved it
But I cant bring myself to play it again
Anyone here feel the same?
>>
>That boss theme

The way it transitions into that haunting organ solo overlayed with Bowser's theme is fucking chilling mang
>>
>>318177267
It's one of those games that's god-tier, but can't be replayed.

I chock it up to the tutorials, and the fact that you know everything that's going to happen in the story already.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiMwiBYg_jo

No rip yet
>>
File: 1439765923550.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1439765923550.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
Is there any place I can get Dream Team for less than 40$? I got fucked yesterday because it's old enough to not be discounted on Black Friday but still new enough that the price hasn't dropped yet. Help me veee
>>
>>318178030
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/mario-luigi-dream-team/108109
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>318166392
Final boss Leak.
>>
>>318178549
Is that Paper Bowser's Royal Sticker?
>>
>>318175429
The final boss of Dream Team got leaked. There were even screenshots. (I can't remember them all, but Giant Bowser was definitely there. I bet that we will get at least a peak of this game's climax before release.
>>
Before we had two great series.

Now thanks to Nintendo, we have one average one.
>>
>>318178549
>sooper powered up bowser!!!11!
What a surprise.

>>318178132
So 35$ bucks for a used copy is my best option? Damn I'm fucked
>>
>>318178624
>>318178549
Wow, that was fast!
>>
>>318177580
I disagree, I think it's shit tier that just shouldn't be played. Like seriously what was Nintendo thinking?

Hours of tutorials, most of which they tell you how to 'solve' the puzzle in the room you're in. So much of it is just moving from point A to point B with annoyingly long, winding paths with nothing interesting on them. I'll walk in a room and the camera will pan over everything which is already unneccessary, but because of this I'm like "oh okay, so obviously I need to do this to solve the puzzle of the room" and then the game's like "WOAH HOW DO WE DO THIS? MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO THIS, THIS, AND THIS. ISN'T THINKING OVER-RATED?" and I'm like "I fucking KNOW this shit". God fucking damn, 40 hours in and never got round to finishing it, because no matter how many times it gives me a tutorial, it fucking gives the same damn one again over and over, every time a puzzle comes up that requires some ability.

This game has one thing going for it: Battles. The battles can take a decent amount of time at points, and fast reactions are needed to avoid enemies' attacks, and there's so much fresh about them and interesting, quirky, genius gameplay design choices. They're quite difficult too and I got fucked on more than one occasion. Even the standard overworld enemies are intricate enough that they're fun to fight. But oh, what's this? I died? "Try again (in easy mode)" Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Don't fucking insult me with that shit. You fucking spoon fed me enough already by telling me how to do every damn puzzle. Why you doin this shit for the fights as well? FUCKIN, LITTLE JONNY AGE 12 CAN'T DO IT, BOO FUCKING HOO. 12 year olds played much harder games like 10 fucking years ago, 20 even as well, 'young gamers' don't need all this 'child friendly' "we'll do it for you" bullshit. Let people play the fucking game, fucking christ.
>>
>>318178549
that looks really cool
>>
>>318178549
It's always Bowser anyway

Looks cool
>>
>>318178858
Dude you have some valid points there but if you have problems with the easy mode thing you can play in hard mode
>>
>>318178549
>Crown has evil eyes
It's a new crown isn't it ?
>>
I know it's pointless but I hope they add in some more amiibo support with non Marios giving extra boss fights

Like a Shulk, Cloud, Ness and other RPG boss fights
>>
>>318178549
>ANOTHER POWERED UP BOWSER
Jesus Christ
>>
>>318179432
Kersti's evil cousin
>>
>>318178030
>still new enough that the price hasn't dropped yet

No, that's just Jewtendo games in general.
>>
>>318179610
Since that's happened since the first installment I'm totally fine. Besides, at least it's not shoehorned in like Partners in Time and arguably Dream Team (the former would still be far worse).
>>
>>318179610
Final boss of Mario and Luigi is always Super Bowser
>>
>>318179201
It's not 'hard' mode though is it? It's the normal fucking mode. It's fucking vanilla. The way the game was made and should be played. Next you'll be telling me there was nothing wrong with Mario 3D World and it's invincible white tanooki suit.
>>
File: Kersti.png (359 KB, 689x719) Image search: [Google]
Kersti.png
359 KB, 689x719
>>318179663
We haven't seen Kersti at all haven't we? This game kind of feels like a redo of Sticker Star, in much more capable hands. Unless she is in the game.
>>
>>318179821
Enemies do double dmg and you cant get more than 10 of an item, nor reset battles if you die
Its neat
>>
>>318179857
I fucking hope not. Sticker Star was absolute trash. It's like 3 games were the limit for each series.
>>
>>318179857
I liked kersti as a character but she really is a paper mario version of starlow.
>>
>>318180080
Oh right, I forgot about actual hard mode. That's once you've beaten the game isn't it? Which I already said I haven't done cause it's trash.

Why would you play such garbage a second time?
>>
>>318180232
Yeah you need to beat the game first.
I tried out hardmode since I wanted to play a second run a year later,to see how the game stands the test of time and stuff.
I dont really think its absolute trash, the gameplay is good, the music is great, and the overall story is good enough.
Its the filler and pointless tutorials that drag the game down...I still enjoy it for what it is,tho.
>>
>>318178549
Thanks God, with how the game looks like, I expected Giant Bowser or something.
>>
File: 053.png (178 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
053.png
178 KB, 400x480
>>318175498
You don't remember this guy?
>>
>>318180746
He was mad as hell for some reason
>>
>>318178549
Looks pretty freakish.
But I'm more curious about who the secret boss of the arena is.
>>
>>318178549
Looks like Paper Dreamy Bowser
>>
>>318179857
i want to cum inside of that crown
>>
>>318180954
What if Nintendo pleased some of the "hardcore" Mario RPG fans out there and had Fawful and Dimentio team up?

To be honest though it's probably Dry Bowser. He's overdue.
>>
>>318181208
my buckaroos on Mr.L
>>
>>318181208
>Paper Rosalina
>>
We still don't know where Paper Luigi is.

>>318181273
Maybe they will reveal who Mr. L is in this game. my bet is on Daisy.
>>
>>318181208
You play as mario and luigi and fight paper mario and paper luigi
>>
>>318178858
Nobody forces you to continue after dying, you sperg.
And it's not like BIS didn't have an item that resurrected you already anyway.
Also battles weren't the only good point of the game. Level design was fantastic compared to how lazy it was in BIS and how tiresome it was with the 2 sets of bros in PiT.
Not to mention the setting, music and art direction in general.
>>
>>318181273
He's my runner up, but I'm still betting on Dry Bowser since the last two final arena bosses were also different Bowsers.

>>318181378
Probably not. I haven't seen any new paper versions of characters so far, and Dry Bowser and Mr. L are more antagonistic.
>>
King Boo?

Whomp King?

Goomba King?

Give us all the kings 2bh I'm fucking spoiled by King Bob-omb now
>>
>>318178549
Why are the stats so low if it's the final boss?
>>
>>318181918
That's the current HP. Likely taken mid-battle when this player got damaged quite a lot.
>>
>>318181918
Maybe the guy playing got hit a lot and didn't heal yet and used some Bro and Trio attacks already.
>>
>>318181851
Goomba King won't be in, there's the SS version already as a giant battle.
I would like King Boo too.
>>
>>318181851
That fucking Whomp boss fight in PiT gives me PTSD
>>
>>318182353
I thought I was the only one.
I don't remember much, but it had some gimmick that made it complicated to kill right?
>>
>>318166392
I just hope that:
*This isn't an abomination like Sticker Star
*has a lot less handholding compared to Dream Team
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 552x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 552x354
>>318182152
I think King Boo and Gooper Blooper will both make appearances at this rate. They're both pretty well known, and the wouldn't be too hard to implement.

>>318182353
It was Mrs. Thwomp despite her being round, but I disliked that fight as well. At least it was followed by one of the best bosses in the game.
>>
I hope its better than Sticker Star. Everyone I know that was a fan of Paper Mario was outraged at it
>>
>>318181851
There were Luigi's Mansion references in 4 M&L games out of 5, it would be about time for King Boo to appear.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 78x67) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 78x67
>>318182631
Yes, you had to break her down into four smaller versions of her and kill the right one. Unlike most, if not all, other clone fights throughout the series, they did not die in one hit. You could tell which one was real since she looked different, but even then the fight was a pain the first time through. She also had this really annoying move if I recall correctly.
>>
File: 1445670035788.jpg (9 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
1445670035788.jpg
9 KB, 261x192
>none of them will ever live up to superstar saga
m-maybe they'll buckle down and actually listen to complaints like they did for Pokemon Super mystery dungeon, right? maybe it'll be the hardest and best one in the franchise that makes full use of the crossover?
>>
>>318183035
That image now makes me hope that they use the Luigi's Mansion of King Boo. The spin-off one is fine, but it isn't as unique nor awesome.
>>
>>318183212
>m-maybe they'll buckle down and actually listen to complaints like they did for Pokemon Super mystery dungeon, right? maybe it'll be the hardest and best one in the franchise that makes full use of the crossover?

Most tutorials are relgated to optional textbooks now, according to someone. That's a step up already.
>>
>>318182938
It's the best rated Paper Mario game by Famitsu.

>Paper Mario: 33/40
>Paper Mario 2: 33/40
>Super Paper Mario: 35/40
>Paper Mario: Sticker Star: 36/40
>>
>>318183212
They did listen about the tutorials.
>>
>>318183640
like that means anything
>>
>>318183640
Can we see what each of the four reviewers gave the games?
>>
File: image.png (44 KB, 637x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44 KB, 637x460
>Paper Bowser has his TTYD/SPM personality

>The overworld is more zoomed out and you can finally sprint

>Paper Mario uses his Paper abilities in the overworld

>The 3 man gameplay is an overall improvement

>Paper Mario flutter jumps and can block

>Paper Characters have a copy system that fixes the damage and health system of the PM series to match up to the high numbers of the M&L series

>Enemies and their Paper Counterparts need to be fought and avoided differently

>More better Mario series representation like Ant Troopers, Nabbit, King Bob-omb, Koopalings, Chargin chucks etc

>Koopalings can talk and there is a possible fight with all 7 of them

>Papercraft Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi

>Toad finding minigames that all vary

>Fireball Bros moves goes back to the fast paced BIS version

>Best case scenario for a Bowser Heavy plot, that's filled with multiple characters you have to interact with like Kamek, Bowser Jr, the Koopalings all with their own dialogue

>Bowser's Castle isn't even the final area

I'm fucking hyped as hell for this game

It's gonna make 2016 a good start, sucks I gotta wait another month and a half but better than nothing
>>
>>318183035
Which one lacked an LM reference?

>SS: E.Gadd
>PIT:ditto
>BIS: don't remember
>DT: don't remember
>PJ: did we find one yet?
>>
>>318184393
I don't think BIS had any
DT had Dreamy Luigi saying "I fight ghosts!" in Dream's Deep
PJ has a remix of the Luigi's Mansion theme during the first scene apparently? (can't confirm)
>>
>>318183640
Famistu also gave Demon's Souls a shit score, FFXIII 40/40, and Other M higher than Prime 1.
>>
>>318184637
Exactly.
>>
>>318178549
Gamefaqs doesn't want to believe this is the final boss. They were expecting OCs and not Dreamy Bowser 2 electric boogityboo
>>
>>318186074
The thread actually got deleted.
>>
>>318186286
Nintendo'd ?
>>
>>318186074
Gamefaqs autism knows no bounds.
Their PJ threads are terrifying.
>>
>>318184637
I rewatched the opening again and it actually may be a remix. It's very different, but it sounds similar. Really nice either way.

>>318186074
I'm not surprised by this at all. Everytime I go on there and see the Paper Jam board there are always tons of people complaining about there being no original characters. It's stupid. I quote: "It's not the originality that counts but rather the execution." So far, this looks like it is executed very well.
>>
>>318184215
>>Koopalings can talk
>>Bowser's Castle isn't even the final area
[citation needed]
>>
>>318186368
Or OP deleted it before he could be reported.

>>318186507
I'm pretty sure not a single person on that board is over 10.
>>
File: 1448481230473.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448481230473.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>>318175389
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>318186770
>Koopalings can talk
Famitsu screenshot
>Bowser's Castle not the final area
From the looks of it, it's hard to imagine the final battle takes place in Bowser's Castle. Also they've showed it plenty of times already, it's not exactly common for Mario RPGs (or Mario games at all, surprisingly) to show the last part of the game in previews.
>>
File: 1448382776150.png (252 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1448382776150.png
252 KB, 500x519
>>318186770
Here for the Koopalings.
>>
>>318187083
>moon runes

This proves nothing dumbfuck
>>
>>318183974
That's the point. Some anons were shitposting it though.
>>
File: 1448158172326.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1448158172326.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>318187561
>>
>>318178549
Anyone surprised?
>>
>>318187784
No.
It's always some version of Bowser.
And this time he was the only villain.
>>
>>318178549
Is this the first time they use the "final boss is fought in a magical void space outside the normal world" jrpg thrope?
>>
>>318188235
I always assumed that the fight with Cackletta took place in Bowser's magical void stomach.
>>
File: 1430761689885.png (10 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1430761689885.png
10 KB, 384x288
>January 22nd
Goddamn it NoA
>>
>>318188235
I guess it's within the Paper World or something. The Bowsers do get the book at some point.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 614x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 614x374
>>318184215

Damn straight

I'm excited
>>
>>318189340
Schedule shuffling. We got Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Yokai Watch first. We will also likely get Fire Emblem Fates first as well.
>>
>>318189449
Not really interested in those though. Oh well.
>>
King Boo better be in the game as a boss

Both series lacked a good ghost boss representative
>>
>>318189639

This

Both Sticker Star and TTYD had an oversized boo as a boss
>>
File: 1445541498978.jpg (78 KB, 600x788) Image search: [Google]
1445541498978.jpg
78 KB, 600x788
Sticker Star has some flaws, but I don't think it deserves half of the shit a lot of people seem to give it. Brownie points for a pretty cool soundtrack.

also

>that feel when you had a 3DS XL preloaded with Dream Team but got it stolen

Now I have a basic ass black one. Considering rebuying Dream Team.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 293x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 293x300
I can't wait to hear the final boss theme.
>>
File: 1446124810798.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446124810798.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
So there were leaks? What did I miss?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 538x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 538x662
>>318189856
The latter wasn't even required and later appeared in Super Paper Mario as a normal enemy.

The Mario & Luigi series on the other hand has never had a Boo boss (in fact, the only ghost bosses I can remember are the first two final bosses in the series and Smoldergeist, the first boss of Dream Team). Boos haven't even appeared as enemies aside from Partners in Time.
>>
>>318190382
Final boss leaked. Any idiot can tell you it's real.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168675-mario-and-luigi-paper-jam/72902966

Except these guys.
>>
>>318190545
Kek.
Do they really think people care enough about such a thing to create a fake?
>>
>>318191029
I think they just REALLY want the final boss to be their epic Shadow-Queen-revived-by-Paper Fawful-and-M&L-Dimentio-tag-team-fantasy.
>>
File: 1479975010.jpg (19 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1479975010.jpg
19 KB, 398x398
>>318191151
>Paper Fawful
>M&L Dimentio

Why can't the more delusional Mario RPGfags just learn to let characters go? I just shake my head at all the people proposing RPG characters for Mario Kart or stupid shit like that.
>>
>>318191408
There still exist people who whine for Geno to be in Smash
>>
>>318166392
>tfw in the US with a 9.2 firmware 3DS
>>
I sorta remember a guy with a reviewer copy a while back saying the final boss was "Sticker Bowser" or something, and is Bowser and Paper Bowser merged into one entity. The image fits the bill, I think.
>>
It's funny that it's so close to how I imagined it. I was thinking that the two Bowsers would become the final bosses from the last games from each series and fuse.
>>
>>318178549
>"only I have the brains to rule the Mushroon Kingdom!"
>>
>>318178549
This at least confirm that, like in every M&L game before, the story will move from rescuing Peach to searching for the usual magic artifact in the second half.
>>
>>318190485
>Boos haven't even appeared as enemies aside from Partners in Time.

Boos are enemies in Bowser's Castle in Superstar Saga.
>>
>>318190485
Boos appeared as enemies in Superstar Saga as well though
>>
>>318193429
>the story will move from rescuing Peach to searching for the usual magic artifact in the second half.

What do you think the magic artifact(s) going to be, based on what we know so far?
>>
>>318194386
>>318178549
the crown ?
>>
>>318194386
The crown thing on Bowser's forehead I guess.
>>
>>318186770

See >>318187083

Also, Bowser's Castle had been shown in previews, which is rather odd

The best possibility is that it isn't The final area, but rather that Princess Peach's Castle Invaded
>>
Well gee, thanks for posting those spoilers. God damn it.
Guess I'll get out of here until next week.
>>
>>318195050
Look at the bowser castle footage,you have full-on endgame stats by the time you reach it.
>>
>>318195050
Final area is Papercraft Bowser castle.
>>
>>318195215
And you have even higher stats in the Kamek boss fight in the plains (Luigi has 200+ HP). Which supports the "Peach's Castle is the final area" idea well.

GFAQs is saying the guy who posted the final boss first is the same guy who made the fake TTYD3D leak, is this true?
>>
>>318193429
>>318193476
Dangit, I knew I was forgetting something. Still, the fact that I want AlphaDream to tackle creating a Boo-based boss is still true.
>>
>>318195449
The leak originates from here. In this very thread. Posted by an anon. They're nuts.
>>
File: floaty hands and head.jpg (90 KB, 297x923) Image search: [Google]
floaty hands and head.jpg
90 KB, 297x923
>>318178549
>its another Andross boss
:/
>>
Okay, I'm out. I don't want to be spoiled any further. Still, this game looks like a really solid entry into the series.
>>
>>318195721
Its three heads and three sets of hands this time anon.

Totally different stuff.
>>
>>318195721
Technically the first one doesn't count, it has actual arms you have to run up.
>>
File: donkeykong.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
donkeykong.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>318195721
>>
>>318195120

>Spoiler

Nigga it's a guess
>>
>>318196986
I blame miyamoto.
>>
>>318166392
The game apparently sucks. I'm unsure what people are expecting after Dream Team.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-28+at+05.50.05).jpg (198 KB, 1544x438) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-28+at+05.50.05).jpg
198 KB, 1544x438
>Only out for a bit
>Already a price cut in Japan

Welp.
>>
File: Eyerok.png (977 KB, 797x553) Image search: [Google]
Eyerok.png
977 KB, 797x553
>>318196986
>>
>>318198279
It's not out in Japan, retard.
>>
>>318197826
Another good game like Dream Team?
>>
>>318198279
Retarded children on /v/. Here they come in tard droves.
>>
File: check my 3.jpg (447 KB, 1530x1026) Image search: [Google]
check my 3.jpg
447 KB, 1530x1026
I did a thing
is it good?
>>
File: King of Koopas.png (307 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
King of Koopas.png
307 KB, 360x480
Bowser is the best RPG character
>>
>>318184215
>>>Paper Bowser has his TTYD/SPM personality
You mean Paper Mario personality. Bowser has been great in every Paper Mario games in which he speaks.
I'm hoping Shimomura does a re-arrangement of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FbmjRpOSOQ
My favorite Bowser theme ever.
>>
>>318191408
Actually the original Paper Mario partners in the next Mario Kart is a great idea.
Goomba, Lakitu, Bob-Omb, Boo, Cheep Cheep etc. all in but as individual characters, not generic enemies.
>>
>>318201387
Lakitu is in as an individual character. Red-shelled Lakitu who is different from green-shelled flagman Lakitu.

Boo is represented by King Boo.
>>
File: Mario Story.png (63 KB, 400x424) Image search: [Google]
Mario Story.png
63 KB, 400x424
>>318201808
No, red shelled Lakitu are generic creatures as well, they've been in games before. Lakilester has a better design and actual characterization, anyway.
King Boo is just a generic Boo with a little crown. King Boo from Luigi's Mansion would be sweet, as well as Bow.

But I know none of that would ever happen since Nintendo is afraid of deviating from the most basic Mario shit they have, probably because they think if a casual sees a character they don't recognize they'd instantly be off-put and too confused to enjoy the game. Oh well.
>>
>>318200757
and the sexiest
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.