[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spouse murdered in front of your eyes minutes ago >Son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Fallout-4-Cryolator-01.jpg (145 KB, 1229x672) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Cryolator-01.jpg
145 KB, 1229x672
>Spouse murdered in front of your eyes minutes ago
>Son kidnapped
>"Oh.. god.. they're all dead.."
>"W-what happened here?"
>See this
>"Nice!!!1! Comin' back later for youuu~~"
>>
>>318152007
Yeah aside from a couple lines of dialogue with Cogsworth when you first leave the vault the MC seems to get over their trauma very quickly.

I found it pretty funny later on doing the main quest after spending the last few weeks mindlessly killing and stealing from people while deep dicking the jazz singer in Goodneigbor only to suddenly remember that I am angry about my son being taken.
>>
>>318152007
Shit gun, hardly worth coming back for.
>>
>>318152007
Don't forget to press X to activate the Skeleton.
>>
>>318152007
>bethesda
>good writing
Can we move on?
>>
>bethesda

;^)
>>
>fo4, tiny bit of flavor commenting to tell players they should come back here
>FUCK THIS GAME, MOST UNREALISTIC PIECE OF SHIT EVER, HORRIBLE WRITING

>fonv, massive inconsistencies and contradictions with every major character
>GOTY WHY ISN'T EVERY GAME LIKE THIS
>>
File: olUvIVr[1].jpg (552 KB, 1625x2319) Image search: [Google]
olUvIVr[1].jpg
552 KB, 1625x2319
>>318152549
>>
File: sparlock-the-warrior-wizard-21.jpg (19 KB, 289x183) Image search: [Google]
sparlock-the-warrior-wizard-21.jpg
19 KB, 289x183
>>318152549
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>318152410
That's Fallout for you. The entirety of the series isn't exactly meant to be taken seriously.

I mean, let's look at it this way: would you rather have your MC brood and be pissed about what happened, and never be able to set aside his trauma, forcing you to essentially run the main quest line to get him to shut the fuck up so you can start exploring the Commonwealth in earnest?

I'd much rather the MC get over the trauma, and then get back to being pissed when he finally gets somewhere in trying to find his brat.

>>318152427
Try modding it. It's not bad.
>>
first half hour is nothing but e3 trailer material

not like it gets any better after that though
>>
File: 2015-11-26_09-48-10.jpg (35 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_09-48-10.jpg
35 KB, 301x301
>>318152549
>I have no idea about what I'm talking about
Cute
>>
>>318152549
>Betheskeks are literally this retarded
>>
>>318153148
>I mean, let's look at it this way: would you rather have your MC brood and be pissed about what happened, and never be able to set aside his trauma, forcing you to essentially run the main quest line to get him to shut the fuck up so you can start exploring the Commonwealth in earnest?

kind of, I would probably have found the character more interesting if they didn't just instantly adapt to life on the wasteland and acknowledged what a fucking head trip being sent 200 years forward in time and having the world change so drastically would be. They could have added sections to the main quest with no sense of urgency (like in Morrowind) that give you an excuse to go explore, and still used the MC getting used to the new world as a common thread throughout the game.

I get that this game isn't supposed to be Post Apocalypse Simulator 2015 but it just seemed kind of jarring to me, the tone of the game is pretty inconsistent.
>>
>>318153015
>>318153145
>>318153230
>>318153507
Great memeposting, right on par with obsidian's best writing.
>>
>>318153651
The MC constantly mentions and laments what a head trip being sent 200 years forward in time is. Explore some actual dialogue options that aren't 'Yes', 'No' and 'Where do I go?/What do I do?'.

Anyway, it helps if you keep in mind that Fallout is, again, a series not meant to be taken completely seriously. Once you realize that Fallout isn't meant to be a serious game, then all the pieces fall into place, and it makes sense why your MC's priorities are fucked up: for the same reason any Fallout protagonist knows there's a big problem that needs his immediate attention, but he goes wandering around doing anything and everything but that.
>>
>>318152007
>bethesdadrones defending it by saying "he's in shock"
>>
>>318152549
It's true that anything bethesda makes is scrutinized so closely only pure heavenly perfection is allowed while obsidian gets a pass on any problems simply because people are still bitter about Black Isle.
>>
>>318154290
>not a single person said it
>>
>>318154094
>The MC constantly mentions and laments what a head trip being sent 200 years forward in time is. Explore some actual dialogue options that aren't 'Yes', 'No' and 'Where do I go?/What do I do?'

They really don't, aside from mentioning that they were frozen a few times it is barely acknowledged.

>then all the pieces fall into place
you're just making excuses for bad writing. I really enjoyed the game, but you are deluding yourself. You can have your cake and eat it too mixing serious with not serious if you have competent writing
>>
>>318154368
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with black isle, most of the people defending nv clearly never played fo1 or 2.
They instantly shit on fo3 and 4 for trying to have a sense of humor while fo1 and 2 both had a dry whit to them.
I honestly don't think anyone who likes new vegas has any idea what fallout was ever about, it was always a post-nuclear game about a land with fucked up shit running around and people who have been broken by years of radiation and the hell hole that is the capital wasteland.
New vegas is pure "everything is fine, no nukes ever hit here, everyone is civil, no wasteland here"
It's not a fallout game, it's just a shitty cowboy game with some randumb shit going on.
>>
>>318154409
>this thread is the only place Fallout 4 is being discussed on the Internet
>>
>>318155052
>I need to make up bullshit with zero citation to justify with new vegas is the best
Just fuck off and go play new vegas already, oh wait, you can't, because it's unplayable garbage and fo4 greatly surpasses it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.