[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a complete babby when it comes to PC gaming, this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Download (3).jpg (80 KB, 450x636) Image search: [Google]
Download (3).jpg
80 KB, 450x636
I'm a complete babby when it comes to PC gaming, this is my second game. I'm blown away though. Any other games that are as beautiful? I'm talking both artistic and technological aestheticism.
>>
Metro Last Light
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>>
Metro: Last Light
Crysis 3
GTA V
>>
>>318150551
Funny you should mention it, I just finished it and got the good ending. I've had the game on my catalog for years and picked up the Redux version a few months ago, no idea why I didn't play it sooner. Absolutely exceptional game.
>>
>>318150551
if you think that looks good, wait till you play the redux versions.

i loved pressing the button to wipe the frost off my mask. shit was so cash
>>
>>318150551
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl and Endless Legend are both great games

>>318151389
shame the stealth in redux is shit
>>
>>318151389
I personally think the original 2033 looks better than the redux
>>
>>318151904
redux is also really badly optimised for toasters
>>
>>318151490
>shame the stealth in redux is shit

yea that was the only part i disliked. other than that, my playthroughs were a good time. i even messed with ranger mode
>>
>>318151904
Why, what changes don't you like?
>>
>>318150551
Sure thing buddy :) You should try Fallout 4
>>
>>318152230
They just fucked around too much with the lightinf for me, new difficulties are a decent challenge though
>>
>>318151904
Lighting was definitely done a whole lot better in the original, as well as most effects. But most assets in the Redux are miles better than the original, as well as some/most of the animations too.

It's hard to pick between the two. Of course, I'm only talking graphically.
>>
>>318150551
The new Battlefront game is really beautiful in terms of sound and looks.
>>
>>318150551
Alien Isolation
Wolfenstein: New Order
>>
>>318152552
Alien looked really awesome never played it though just watched streams of it.
>>
>>318150551
It's funny, I dislike games like metro but I like metro. FPSes aren't my cup of tea but something about 2033 is appealing to me.

Any recommendations? Not big on FEAR or STALKER really.
>>
>>318150551
Just beat 2033 redux and last light couple of weeks ago, damn this game rocks.
Though the stealth mechanic are really shitty, the atmosphere and the plot are pretty well built.

Hey OP, if you haven't play metro last light, get your ass on it ASAP, you'll love it.
>>
>>318153158
Play the original 2033 for better stealth, gunplay and overall atmosphere.
It takes a massive dump on redux.
>>
So how come a team of three slavs working out of a cardboard box in the middle of an Eastern European warzone can make a better and more technically impressive linear FPS than the biggest franchises with the most money behind them from the West?
>>
>>318154784
because the slavs living in a cardboard box actually care about video games. AAA publishers care either about pushing out a product to generate money or for pushing certain political beliefs.
>>
File: tumblr_nt9tfqKSR31re8z9ao1_500.png (308 KB, 468x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt9tfqKSR31re8z9ao1_500.png
308 KB, 468x709
>>318154784
slav magic
>>
>>318154784
Probably because they actually put some effort into it rather than treat it as a "product"?
In Metro case, it's probably because it's based on best selling book, it's kinda hard to fuck it up when the source material are decent.
>>
>>318155636
I think that's the thing. The Metro games drip with a heart and soul that can only be found in dev teams that want to create something. Art for art's sake, for lack of a better description. I feel like Metro is a very happy accident in that regard, it's the slickness of a AAA budget title with all the care of a small dev team and the almost mournful atmosphere of mystery and misery that can only come from Eastern Europe. I don't know how they do it but I hope they keep doing it.
>>
>>318156102
well put

If you're really into "art for art's sake" you should try reading the novel too. I'm not big into reading typically but it's an amazing read.
>>
>>318155837
That pic lack AK-47.
>>
>>318156102
>>318156015
>>318155636

shut up u absolute queer fags

it's a video game made for profit based off a book someone else wrote

Hmm

I wonder what other SLAV MAGIC game that sounds like

Why is it slavs are literally just slaves without the e? No original ideas and just the labour to make
>>
>>318156416
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>318156310
I think I will at some point. Need to go back and get the bad ending to 2033 myself first.
>>318156416
>He's so retarded that he doesn't even know that the word 'slave' is actually derived from 'slav'
>>
>>318156509
>>318156515
>replying to bait
>>
>>318156515
>being this retarded he supports my point

slavs are stupid nigger slaves
>>
So why is it that eastern european developers keep adapting books? I don't mind the trend, I'm just not sure why it exists.
>>
>>318156669
>>318156416
>>>/pol/
>>
>>318156416
you should have said queermosexuals.
>>
Metro a shit

STALKER:Lost Alpha is best, also FREE

u like FREE right COMMIE???
>>
>>318156753
Well, it's easy and people actually enjoy it.
The basic fundamental are pretty much the same as your ordinary chinese cartoon studio.
Book got sales and popularity boost, the game are also sell.
When making plot-driven games, the easiest thing to cheat on the game plot are adapting a book, since everything are pretty much described already in the original works, and the book sell well mean people enjoy it, they can also get the author to work with, helping with the game direction.
>>
>>318157491
I think adapting into a game can be a very worthwhile task for some stories. If done right, games can put you there like no other medium. It needs to be a proper adaption of course, not a tie-in like the movie games of years past.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.