[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans such pussies when it comes to religious themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151128_140438.jpg (191 KB, 1182x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_140438.jpg
191 KB, 1182x980
Why are Americans such pussies when it comes to religious themes in media?
>>
File: IMG_20151128_140214.jpg (338 KB, 1367x1010) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_140214.jpg
338 KB, 1367x1010
Pt. 2

Here's the page if you wanna read about the creative process behind Xenogears:

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/
>>
>>318149082
You could have stopped at "Why are Americans such pussies" honestly. And I say this whilst BEING American. Most people in this country are a bunch of sappy, stupid cunts.
>>
>>318151104
>whilst
You're not American.
>>
>>318151104
*tips fedora*
Hope you don't plan on moving to any other 1st world nation because they're even larger cowards.
>Live in nanny states
>Americans visiting have to stop terrorists
lmao
>>
why do you fags make such a big deal about this, tales of symphonia is more straight forward anti religion than zanogays ever was

the church is evil trope is older than them both
>>
>>318151203
Sorry to burst your bubble, but America is becoming just as bad a nanny state as any other.
>>
>>318149082

I wouldn't call the translators pussies, they were just fully aware of how fucking militant and insane some Fundamentalist Christian groups are in this country.
>>
>>318151629
Not remotely.
>>
File: 1443647248829.jpg (434 KB, 1784x1024) Image search: [Google]
1443647248829.jpg
434 KB, 1784x1024
>>318151706
>>
>>318151465
Because for one, the trope is founded on reality. Catholic church has been and is incredibly corrupt.

Two, the theme is popular in Japan because Japan is a nation "betrayed by religion."

Three, people make a big deal about this sort of censorship because Christfags are hypocritical little cunts who will happily diss other beliefs, but get all butthurt when their beliefs come under scrutiny or criticism. Even going as far as to censor and readapt media to fit their vision.

Four, this is bothersome, because some of us wanna experience stories and ideas without them bring filtered by an overly sensitive group of pissants.

Five, religion is becoming less and less popular these days. It's understandable that people start to grow more and more tired of the meddling from religious cunts. If it offends you, fuck off and don't view it. But don't ruin it for the rest of us. We live in a open marketplace for ideas. There is no reason why we should cater to people who take everything too personally.
>>
>>318152116

my point is that shit barely has anything to do with the narrative of xenogears
>>
>>318152008
isn't suppossed to be catholic/orhthodox and protestant
since they are all different interpretations of the same thing?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.