[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>seeing all the criticism (on /v/) is there something that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 10
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 151x186) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 151x186
>seeing all the criticism (on /v/) is there something that the game does good
>>
shooting is fine
>>
It's better than FO3, if you disregard the absolute cock-filled dialogue system.

The numerous mechanics are set up nicely to allow modders an easy time adding new shit later on.
>>
>>318146326
Worth it once it gets GOTY edition and mods
>>
>>318146326
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>318146724
just to catch your eye
>>
gunplay is okay although guns still feel and sound like toys

the map is pretty dense and there are some pretty neat locations

shit like rad storms look cool as fuck

That's about it really, everything else sucks.
>>
>>318146326
Nice thumbnail.
The actual game basics are pretty decent. Combat, free-roam, customisation are all good. The problem stems from the absolute shit story and NPC-interaction. The storyline is as generic as can be, most of your speech options lead to the same outcome (but you can't tell because you can't read them anymore.)
And free-roam is literally just killing anything that you encounter. Depite the numerous factions in the game, it doesn't matter if you find Gunners, Children of Atom, Raiders, Super Mutants, Synths, hell even Settlers and Scavengers will all shoot on sight.
I miss FO3/NV where you could actually strike up a conversation with almost every faction, regardless of reputation, and get a speech or intelligence check to get out of a fight, or do something for them in return.

Overall the game mechanics are good but they fucked up NPC interaction and storyline.
>>
The base building and crafting/scavenging is a positive step forward for the series. It's good fun working on your home base but needing X to build Y so you go out to an unexplored location and clear out some raiders and find X whilst scavenging. Fits the post apocalyptic setting very well and gives you a reason to explore the world.

Could really be great with a better UI and a more supportive engine. Fallout 9 perhaps?
>>
>>318146326
selling :^)
>>
>>318146326
Crafting system is pretty neat
>>
>>318146834
So, nothing that couldn't have been done with mods, k.
>>
>>318146326
The shooting is pretty good and there's tons of shit to explore. That's about it. Rest is ranging from boring to bad to downright shit.
>>
>>318147464
Pretty much. There's a reason people call FO4 a mod for FO3, anon.
>>
Honestly it's fine. UI is a mess, building and crafting is underdeveloped and lackluster but it's still there and that's something. Dialogues are shit but arguably writing is much better than it was in Skyrim and F3.
At it's core it's a Skyrim reskin with all the same pros and cons. If you loved Skyrim - most likely you'll like F4. I personally thought Skyrim was an overhyped mess with a really cool world but being a Fallout fanboy and FPS guy in general i like it.
>>
>>318147875
>go exploring before heading to DC
>be level 20ish
>what's a synth?
>what's a ghoul?
>what's the institute?
Oh yeah, the writing is great.
>>
>>318146326
Hancock
>>
Combat is fine, the landscape/locations tend to be pretty decent, settlement building and modding is nice

Dialogue sucks balls, main story was written by a retarded child, companions keep going AWOL, end game comes up with little to no warning
>>
>>318146326
Sure:
- world map and locations;
- assets variety;
- verticality;
- resource scavenging;
- crafting;
- face editor;
- shooting;

I think that's it.
>>
Shooting is good
atmosphere is better then other fallouts desu
settlement building
crafting
>>
>>318146326
I went into the game expecting shit, but ran out of games to play & bought it earlier this week. As far as I can tell with about 40 or so hours in so far

-The map is a hell of a lot better than 3/NV, especially the areas around Diamond City/Goodneighbor.
-Adding onto this you see a lot more random encounters and the wasteland was built with a previous civilization in mind, it doesn't feel half assed.
-Brotherhood is actually involved in the goings on. They have aerial vehicles and randomly attack mutant/rauder bases.
-Characters & character creator look way better than any previous Bethesda games. --The guns have also been drastically improved in terms of first person shooting mechanics & customization.
-VATS seems to have been nerfed at least in survivor mode. It's good for the occasional crit bonus, but enemies still move as fast as you & rape your shit if you try using it as a shield. Food/healing too so firefights are actually dangerous.
-Companion cast to me is better than both Fo3 & NV.
-Quests are actually fun, way more interesting than previous installments, and effect the world. Currently on Silver Shroud side quest for the last hour or so dressed up like a superhero fighting crime.

If you've got other games to play you might as well wait for GOTY or mods to start rolling out. But so far this has actually been good enough that I'm looking forward to the next TES entry.
>>
>>318146326
Bad thread
>>
There's actually lots of individual things the game does well.

The notion of power armor as more of a mech than an outfit, for example, or the idea of slowly rebuilding the wasteland from scratch while fighting off raiders. Both of those are really cool concepts.

The problem is that none of it comes together into a coherent whole.

The game is ridiculously easy even on survival, because the removal of skills, de-emphasis of special, and level locked perks means every character is a generalist that starts off almost exactly the same - so they had to balance it accordingly. The game also throws power cores at you like nobody's business, and hands you a full suit of power armor in the second fucking quest. And of course, NPCs behave as if power armor hasn't been changed, and just wear it 24/7.

So that cool power armor concept is ruined.

Settlements are all the same, have the most poorly executed management interface ever (the Sims but first person), and there's no real threat to defend against. You *maybe* put some effort into the first one before you realize it's all pointless, and then just slap together the fastest settlement you can for the rest of the game.

Same story as power armor.

And the whole game is like that.

Every faction invites you in at the drop of a hat. Nothing you do in any quest affects the world in a tangible way. Every city, NPC, and quest, feels like it was dropped in by a different developer and none of them discussed what they were doing. There's extremely low weapon variety and for the first 20 levels if not forever, you can pick any weapon up off the ground and use it at no penalty, because every character is a generalist.

The game runs like shit on PC, there's long as fuck loading screens every time you enter any building, and it's buggy as fuck. They're still using the same garbage engine. The models are improved but nothing to write home about, while the animations haven't gotten better since Oblivion.
>>
>>318148247
>resource scavenging
You mean the junk collector minigame?
>>
>>318148057
The main plot makes much more sense then it did in F3, companions are an amazing imrovement over any Bethesda game before. The actual action gameplay is still messy but feels much better then it was before. It's still the same formula but you can see that they at least tried, albeit still playing it safe. I can't blame them, videogames are blockbusters now.
>>
>>318148408
Well, the idea is to make junk be as valuable as the setting claim it should be. I think they managed to do it in a pretty good fashion.
>>
>>318148319
>quests are actually fun
Just what the heck are you smoking? Fun and memorable quests are the exception, rather than the norm.
>>
>>318146326
shooting is good
world is good
everything related to sound is good
exploration is good
atmosphere is good
companions are good
gun and settlement crafting is good
with mods it'll be 11/10 tier.
>>
>>318148619
Do the side quests you nigger.
>>
>>318148642
>everything related to sound is good
Fucking this. The only thing they actually did 100% right. Sound direction is amazing, especially this thing they did with distant gunshots and explosions. I don't think i can recall tis effect in any other game.
>>
>>318148431
You know they could have easily fixed the plotholes by simply arranging for a caravan that takes you directly to DC where you get lore dump or, better yet, give you the option to say "Oh that's what you call those robots/green giants/zombies? Already had some fights with those. Not so tough once you shoot/stab them a lot." with the appropriate response from Piper/Valentine or, even easier, just don't have those kinds of enemies spawn before you progressed the main story but no, Bethesda just assumed you go straight from Preston to DC.
>>
Vertibirds look like they were going to be tough, that opposing the BoS would actually make life difficult.

But nope, you can take down a vertibird with less than a full mag on a 10mm pistol.
>>
Exploration, crafting and basebuilding is good.
Combat is okay.
>>
Bad things: Dialogue system, perks, bugs

What else?
>>
>one weapon per ammo type aside double barrel/mag-fed shotgun
>bethesda still can't into weapon
>gun modding is linear as fuck with gun nut perk giving you just better version of the previous mods
>no reason to mod you gun with anything else but dmg and weighty mod that increase everything else
>legendary items are just skyrim drop with effect on the weapon/armor being just xx% something without visual change whatsoever
>bethesda still can't into gun

granted the shooting feels way better than the previous game but it still need improvement, guns are fucking dissapointing in f4, hardly anything.
>>
>>318148819
Building your base is a nightmare. Things that you think should connect, doesn't or glue into another direction, spaces between assets, all while trying to position and reposition your character.
>>
>>318148642
>shooting is good
yes, surprisingly satisfying
>world is good
nope, its pretty meh, the highway spanning boston is pretty good though
>everything related to sound is good
yes, guns also have sonic crackle, its pretty great
>exploration is good
nope, extremely repetitive, 'dungeons' designed to reset, nothing special about them most of the times
>atmosphere is good
i liked it but that's a matter of opinion
>companions are good
some of them
>gun and settlement crafting is good
meh, gun one is pretty good, settlement sucks because you cant renew buildings or build something other than minecraft SO GOOFY XD shit or dusty shacks
>with mods it'll be 11/10 tier.
lolno, its 6/10 at best and there's not much mods can fix

I would also like to add the power armor is great and having fire support is very surprising considering how retarded the coders at bethesda are, pretty fun calling in arti support on a bunch of fucking supermutants

Carry on
>>
>>318148780
With the NEW SUPER COOL VOICE PROTAG FEATURE they had to cut corners. It was never a good decision to try to morph TES and Mass Effect.
>>
>>318148772
Couple of battlefield games did it

I'm surprised myself guns actually sound like guns for once, and in a bethesda title nonetheless
>>
>>318148772
And every companion has a 10/10 voice, Piper and Nick are 11/10. Don't know the mal MC voice but female can be pretty amazing.

The "FUUUCKING KIIILLLL!!!!" when you get high and charge enemies with a hammer is 20/10.
>>
>>318148780
Even if you went straight from Preston to DC, you still end up facing Ferals, Supes and maybe Synths in the wastes. Shit just doesn't make sense no matter which way you cut it. The only reasonable explanation is that they got lazy.
>>
>>318148382
Cont.

The radio stations lack any charisma whatsoever. Fortunately there's a small number of very good companions to keep you entertained with background commentary, unfortunately you've heard it all after an hour or less. Deacon is my personal favorite, because the fact that he changes outfits constantly is both a nice touch of character and hilarious. The majority of companions, however, are mediocre.

And that brings me to the writing, which is the worst of any Fallout game to date. It's not as full of plot holes as 3 was, but it's much more rambling and incoherent. Your character knows everything about the Institute, until he doesn't, until he does again, because they didn't put NPCs who know about the institute in any specific order. There's a (I believe random) encounter almost immediately outside the vault where you counsel some dudes on what to do with a suspected synth, despite the fact that you've got no idea what that means yet, and no way to ask.

And yes, the dialogue system. It's ass. Actually, it's worse than I expected. You can mod the UI to show the full contents of your statements, but the problem is that none of it matters. Virtually every conversation consists of:

>statement that leads nowhere and loops back to this same spot
>agree
>disagree
>disagree sarcastically

There's next to no actual dialogue, nothing you say matters until you have to make a binary decision, and there's no longer the ability to ask for more information eg a list of lore questions, which would've eliminated aforementioned institute problem.

And speaking of the institute, they're a terrible group of bad guys. They do bad things for bad reasons but try to act as if they have good reasons, because Bethesda can't write a good character but wants to create grey morality anyway.

Nobody expected Bethesda to make a game with a compelling story but Fallout 4 is worse than usual, because it's essentially a reskin of Fallout 3's story but worse.
>>
File: 12532523125.gif (345 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
12532523125.gif
345 KB, 245x245
Anybody got the blur bug yet?
>>
What is the asshole/renegade route to beating the game?
>>
>>318148992
I think the world is one of the best ever made, I have over 100h in the game, and I'm just exploring, finding new secrets locations, almost everything has its own backstory, unique items and boss and shit. I don't remember many open worlds being this big while at the same time so full without having copy pasted everything. Not to mention there's a shitload of verticality, the sense of scale when you're at the top of building is amazing.

For the settlements, there's already mods that add stuff to craft and you can be pretty sure mods will make it next gen. I can already see entire cities being created, with your own army, no limits, repairs, more trade routes, being attacked by legions of ghouls. Can't wait for 2016. For now it's just fun, feels like you're rebuilding the wasteland by making trade routes and shit.
>>
>>318149361
Like I said I like the highway spanning boston and its outskirts for the same reason but everything outside boston feels copy pasted, and the locations themselves are extremely repetitive
>>
>>318146326
It is good at wasting $60
>>
>>318148319
How dare you have a positive opinion on /v/? Away with you.
>>
>>318149524
Yeah its not like there have been people mentioning the positives of this game for a month, as long as someone says ''eh graphics are shit'' its all a negative contrarian board amirite?
>>
>>318149436
Not that guy but you're very wrong. Nothing is copy pasted or repetitive. There's detail in EVERY location in the map.

There's always some little history. Yesterday for example, found a little camp by the beach. Clearly for one person, thought to myself: "Nice view, one guy must have lived here just drinking and looking at the sunset". Checked a bathroom nearby and there was a body with a shotgun by his side and one bullet in his body.

It's in the details...
>>
>>318149436
People having different opinions? NOT ON MY WATCH!

Fucking chill, the guy liked something you didn't why the fuck are you complaining?
>>
>>318149175
Cont 2.

Back to companions, because some people in the thread are talking about them, they're a fucking nightmare.

Yeah, I said some are cool, and they are, until they shoot you in the back of the head. Which happens an ungodly fucking amount. Going with a melee companion like dogmeat is no refuge, because he'll set off every mine and explosive in the wasteland, or stand in the doorway as you try to escape into a building for cover.

You take a companion along despite their help, not because of it.

I'll expand on settlements, for the same reason.

They're shit. Beyond shit. They're a cool idea but done wrong in every way.

Placing objects is a nightmare. Assigning jobs is worse. Scavenging for materials doesn't work because there's no rhyme or reason to where things are- you can't logically conclude that an expedition to X should give you a lot of Y. You just mark it and wait to stumble across some, or you buy it at an exorbitant price because there's nothing else to spend money on.

The map is extremely repetitive. Every town- whether its an actual city, a settlement, or raider infested ruins- feels the same. So does every dungeon, with the tried and true "linear map, chest at the end, shortcut to get out" skyrim formula in full effect. And every enemy plays the same, the only difference is stats and models- with the occasional exception like radscorpions or molerats, which ACTUALLY behave differently from every other enemy.

And that's a real missed opportunity. The way you can blow synths apart and watch them crawl, terminator style, is cool. The way ghouls roll and leap and tumble and fall, is fucking cool. The way the BoS flies in overhead to shut shit down, is fucking cool.

But then none of it matters, because there's so little variety in weapons and enemies, so little difficulty, and such limited AI that it all gets old after the first time.
>>
>>318149661
>>318149661
I'm not though, most locations I've been in usually cut down to extermination and loot, there's one or a bunch of terminals mentioning some stuff and that's about it

There are some cool things around the world like that bunker with the big robot thing I cant recall its name that powers up and attacks you if you picklock the door, but most marked maps are usually very very repetitive

At least in my opinion, I like the game overall but its I had to take a break after 30 hours because I was just doing the same shit over and over again
>>318149762
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion as long as its not 100% positive, even though I didn't express it an agressive manner or call something downright shit

Yep
>>
>start to feel game is too easy
>encounter legendary assaultron invader
>mfw
>>
>>318149909
There's a bunch of shit not marked on the map with stuff like the one i mentioned. Maybe you just missed them because you think it's only on the terminals. There's a bunch of stuff you can read in this game by the Item placement alone.
>>
>>318149616
You sound sarcastic, but that's actually what's been happening since launch. I visit this plce pretty much everyday and look through a lot of F4 threads and I doubt even 2% of the posters said anything nice from the gane without adding "Still, X is shit, Y is fucked, and bethesday fucked up on Z, overall mediocre game"

Jesus, It's like nobody can enjoy anything without shitting on it too because they're afraid the big, bad /v/ group-thinking overlord won't accept them.
>>
>>318150032
The game IS too easy.

Even on survival, you can go a build with all utility, and no weapon skills, and barely be challenged. I haven't had to use even a fraction of the health/med/chem items in the game, let alone mines or heavy weapons.
>>
>>318149909
No mate, you're and idiot. His posts had him taking the game in -his- subjective opinion, even bringing some logic into it, while you were "Nuh uh dude, they're garbage".

Grow up.
>>
>>318150092
>I doubt even 2% of the posters said anything nice from the gane without adding "Still, X is shit, Y is fucked, and bethesday fucked up on Z, overall mediocre game"
>Jesus, It's like nobody can enjoy anything without shitting on it too because they're afraid the big, bad /v/ group-thinking overlord won't accept them.

If you bought a cat, and it shit on everything you owned, and a friend asked you about the cat, would you say "it's cute!" or "it's cute, but it shits everywhere."?
>>
>>318150064
>>318150064
And I'm not denying it, I'm just telling you my experience, as someone that has done the radiant preston quests for 10 hours all the locations you visit are pretty similar to each other

MQ leads you down some more unique places though and I actually loved placing MILAs for the synth luber guy (I honestly cant remember the faction name because I don't care for the writing)
>>318150092
Do you even know what sarcasm is?

I'm expresing my honest opinion on a deeply flawed game that I like, and you talk about some imaginary /v/ group because someone called whatever shit.

For fucks sake man, get a fucking grip on reality.
>>
>>318150151
I'm playing on normal and on Power Armor i agree with you. But try to be on the receiving end of the stronger types of Ghouls, Mirelurks, Super Mutants, etc. without it and you'll see chunks of your health just dissapearing in one hit. And this shit is on normal. I think it's alright, only game from Bethesda besides Morrowind where i ever had toruble with.
>>
>>318150234
>the positive anon's opinion counts
>the negative anon's opinion makes him an idiot, when he wasn't even universally negative

Bethdrone go home
>>
The help menu is actually quite detailed with explaining some game's mechanic.
>>
>>318150032
It's 2015, challenge in games doesn't exist anymore. F4 is still the hardest game of 2015.
>>
>>318150234
>if you disagree you're an idiot because i like this game

I like it too but there are aspects I didn't like, its my opinion

What is the problem?

Maybe you should grow up if something posted on an anonymous imageboard offends you so much
>>
>>318146834

Is the melee combat alright? I mean, improved from the previous games like Oblivion where I wasn't waving a plunger in someone's face waiting for them to die.

I enjoyed the kill moves from Skyrim.
>>
The game is fine. It just dosn't have the level of plot complexity that previous (1/2/NV) fallouts had. Also, Witcher 3 spoiled me when it comes to narrative, so FO4 comes out as quite bleak - on the level of Bioware bleak - so pretty much industry standard.

Other gameplay elemements are pretty fun. World design is good, art wise. Exploration is also very fun.

My only complaint is about enemy variety, or lack therof - you fight ghouls/mutants/raiders in roughly equal ratio with some synths and animals for occasional variety.

The engine tho is shit. I get regular frame drops below 15fps at 2560x1080@ultra with quite beefy hardware (5820k@4ghz + R290 + SSD + 16g memory and ENBoost optimisations), often for no apparent reason, and even if I hit the 60fps, it feels odd. Textures can switch between MIP levels, physics engine goes bonkers if you interrupt VATS kill animation - for example.

Overall - if one is not a hardcore fan, or is starved for an open world RPG, then it is a solid 8/10. Tech issues can drop it to 6/10 on some occasions.
>>
>>318150370
>I'm playing on normal and on Power Armor i agree with you. But try to be on the receiving end of the stronger types of Ghouls, Mirelurks, Super Mutants, etc. without it and you'll see chunks of your health just dissapearing in one hit. And this shit is on normal. I think it's alright, only game from Bethesda besides Morrowind where i ever had toruble with.

Son, I seriously suspect you have brain damage. I mean that. It's the only possible way you could be having that kind of difficulty.

I haven't used power armor once on survival, past the first quest.

The only enemy I struggled with at all was the Mirelurk Queen, and that just came down to avoiding getting spit on while shooting in the vicinity of her face.
>>
File: 1367645190980.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1367645190980.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>318150032
>encounter Legendary Protectron

>melee build
>pop buffout, jet, medx, psycho, vodka, stimpack and stealthboy; keep popping jet every 10 seconds
>finally kill it, barely
>my face exactly two seconds later
>>
>>318150401
>Bloodborne
>>
>>318150151

if you wear power armour then yes it would be easy. not being a faggot I don't use it and while I was destroying deathclaws in 10 seconds these robot niggers rush me from sniping distance in 5 seconds and one shot me.
>>
>>318146326
>greentexting a normal question
Hello reddit
>>
>>318150657
Thanks for the bump, senpaitachi
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00003.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00003.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
>>318150485
melee is fun if you get the cho-choo perk and a jetpack, going into the sky only to drop down on some raider scum and scatter them around is great, also get chemist to be able to cook up this bad boy
>>
>>318150092
I don't know, that's just how I feel about every TES game maybe with the exception of Morrowind and earlier ones that i did not play much. They're all shit games with shit plots and amazing, great open world with beautiful scenery and lots of stuff to explore. Looks like it's enough for me and lots of other people to pour a fuckton of manhours into it.

They're slowly getting outclassed though. Witcher 3 did openworld just as good, if not better and also offers reasonable ammount of variety, solid writing and decent gameplay. MGS5 proved that companions don't have to be unkillable meatbag retards to be viable in openworld games. I wonder what's the future of TES and Fallout series will be.
>>
Core gameplay is pretty fun, shooting feels good and the commonwealth is a nice area. The game isn't that ugly shade of gray and green and they actually managed to make characters that don't have the personality of cardboard

Dialogue, story, choices and everything else that makes rpgs something more than a game with an experience bar is all pretty bad.
>>
>>318150490
Turn off vsync from the .ini and limit the game to 60fps with your preferred software

Its why it feels so weird

If you don't limited it the physics will go crazy, but the game will load faster
>>318150537
Not that guy but mirelurk queen was hard for me because I got drawn into the quest very early by preston fucking garvey and I barely had anything to fight it with

And the fucking thing follows you out of the fort too
>>
>>318150694
Tachi is a way of saying "all of X"

Eg, Watasitachi means "we"

Anatatachi means "you all"

Etc

If you're going to post in a basterdized version of a Australian aborignee language while using a board for browsing Australian aborignee cave drawings, at least do it right.
>>
>>318150854
It's the worldfilter. Type f a m s. senpaitachi
>>
>>318150537
What brain damage have to do with simple math.
My character has 63 or 73 armor without a power armor and a hit from those stornger mirelurks that are even below queen take from 20% to 30% of my health. It's just a fact i'm transcripting here.

Some mutants in a minigun can also put sustainable damage to disrupt you since they never are alone. Missiles also can fuck you up. And Putrid Ghouls are huge DPS with rads added. I'm not giving any subjective input here aside from saying i like the difficulty. Skyrim and Oblivion was a walk in the park in comparison.
>>
>>318150608
Now I know you're baiting.
>>
>>318150854
nan-ni shimaso-ka
>>
File: 1448646061985.gif (239 KB, 224x198) Image search: [Google]
1448646061985.gif
239 KB, 224x198
>>318150705
STRIKE FROM THE SKY BROTHERS
>>
>>318150937
Oh, I didn't know the wordfilter hit plural as well.

That, however, raises the question of why you used a plural in the first place.
>>
>>318150854
-tachi is a pluralising suffix dipshit.

And you shouldn't be criticising other people's spelling/grammar with the appalling level of English displayed in that post.
>>
>>318146326
They made the gunplay good. This is basically the only thing I've seen people agree on regarding the game.
>>
>>318150636
>if you use an integral part of this game you're a faggot

I ran into the robot underneath the minuteman fort without power armor, it wasn't much of a fight if you just run back and circle a pillar

The only time the game is hard is very early on or if you don't upgrade your weapons
>>
>>318151057
Yep, gunplay/power armor is the main reason I'm enjoying it
>>
>>318146326
It's a good "game" but a mediocre fallout game. It lacks any real rpg elements but the general gameplay has improved dramatically over the previous 3D fallout titles. The ending(s) are pretty generic but the factions themselves are pretty good for bethesda quality. The lack of weapon variety was a major letdown and the mod system was well implemented but ultimately most mods were just damage upgrades with a few exceptions. The companion system was greatly improved and the companions themselves were pretty damn good with the exception of a few(preston, strong and black synth). The two major flaws of the game is the repetitive content(every buidling/dungeon is the same with a few variations) and lack of quests which aren't simply "go here and kill or Y" and the utter lack of skill checks with the exception of one quest where you can repair a ship if you have enough intelligence.

I liked it but there was so much wasted potential in almost every aspect of the game.
>>
File: Alpha_Deathclaw.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Deathclaw.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>318151057
GOAT deathclaw designs too.
>>
>>318150741
>I wonder what's the future of TES and Fallout series will be
They just need to ditch FO4 dialogue system and become more robust on the RPG side of things.

There's more rights than wrong in this game. It's just that the issues are on the side of rpg fundamentals. And for god sake, don't praise MGS5 while bashing another game. It makes your opinion very hard to take in consideration.
>>
>>318151347
>one quest where you can repair a ship if you have enough intelligence.

finally I dont feel keked for going with 10 intelligence (as I do in all my RPGs)
>>
Power armor is fun for a while
>>
>>318146326
Everything is tried and true mediocre.
>>
>>318151001
yep, get the ripper and its even more fitting

>>318151392
all the strong enemies are well done imo, the sentry bot, the assaultron and the top monsters
>>
Some of the random locations are neat

For example, between Fallon Department Store and Milton General Hospital (I THINK) there's a huge parking garage filled with different traps, spooks and arrows pointing you in all different directions and there's spiked heads and shit like something out of Saw

Oh and Pickman's Gallery is pretty nice.
>>
>>318150485
Its still Oblivion tier bad
>>
>>318151487
Notice how i'm not praising the entire MGS5. The companions in TPP are perfect for an openworld game. Good game design is good game design.
>>
File: sexyflanders.gif (259 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
sexyflanders.gif
259 KB, 250x188
>>318151057
Weapon modding is pretty fucking great.
Armor modding however is pretty crap since there are to few base outfits that work with them. I mean I can understand not being able to use specific peaces with the heavier outfits like raider cage armor, but is a 3 piece suit really so much more substantial than a vault suit that you can't strap armor over it? I mean how friggen thin is the material on a vault suit?
>>
Most importantly: Paves the way for another spin-off made by Obsidian or some other dev who can do better with it. Bethesda has shown interest in doing so.

+ Companion dialogue improved (but still inferior to NV companions)
+ Companion quests
+ BoS returns to being assholes, sort of
+ Gunplay feels meatier and solid when compounded with improved animations makes it feel more natural, with VATS being unnecessary most of the time unless for LCK builds
+ LCK being built into VATS as a tangible benefit, would have been interesting if the gameplay wasn't so straightforward

So pretty much Companions made a big leap compared to FO3 and Skyrim, but of course their overall integration is still piss-poor compared to NV. You can bring Nick/Hancock onto the Prydwen, most companions asides from Deacon/Danse won't give a shit about what you're choosing for story or comment on it until the main story is over. Case in point piper, who dislikes the institute, only decides to voice her concern when you win. LCK was implemented rather interestingly and feels far more like a specific build rather than a sort of nebulous boost to capability.

Other than that, everything is pretty shit.
>>
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask but, Noob question:

I painted all of my power armor pieces with the "military" paint but don't get the apparent strength bonus from it (just the normal +10). What gives?
>>
>>318146326
It has a few improvements over the last two fallout games.
It's an over all improvement over 3
And the faction story quest line is nicer then NV because it's not the same 5-6 copy and pasted to each faction.
So far the best final fight I'v had is when the institute tries to take down the bos and you have to break into the airport, destroy a bunch of shield generators, create synth relay points then upload a virus to prime. Got pretty intense
>>
>>318153082
>Red paint adds an extra 50bhp
>>
>>318146326
The gunplay is pretty gud, best world Bethesda has ever created, decent graphics which is somewhat hindered by the texture streaming issues, weather effect are nice, writing is kind of okay-ish, it's definitely better than 3 though, crafting + settlement building is pretty fun, power armor is very good in my opinion.

It's not an excellent game, nor is it an shitty game like some claim. Overall it's fairly solid, with some flaws here and there.
>>
>survival mode
>Second mission; take power armor and kill raiders
>deathclaw pops out
>deathclaw kills me in 3 hits
>not enough minigun ammo to even get it under 50% HP

Am I missing something?
>>
>>318156531
blow up cars to deal extra damage after that hide in the house on the right side, the stupid thing cant fit through the frame
>>
>>318156709
Thanks.
I assume this is a microcosm of the game at large on survival? ie. Exploiting bugs to kill poorly-balanced damage sponge enemies?
>>
>>318156967
not really, depends on your weaponry at this point I kill most things in a couple of shots, and die after about as many unless I'm in PA, though at start with these large monsters and some of the robots the best course of action is to run away or abuse a bug
>>
>>318157606
Fair enough. Thanks.
I'm doing a FFIV Yang build so let's see how far I can get by punching stuff once the narrative stops demanding I use guns.
>>
>>318157907
punching is gonna be pretty hard I think, given that you will not get a power fist for quite some time and stuff like knuckles is garbage

keep this drug in mind>>318150705
>>
>>318158185
Thanks again.
If I get desperate I can use Heavy weapons maybe, or console-kill that one supermutant that drops a legendary powerfist.
>>
>>318149661
This has always been the best parts of fallout. The little stories they create with skeletons and objects and fallout 4 has at least 1 in every location you go in. A creepy one I found was way at the bottom of a ghoul filled subway station was a half wrecked train car with "all ate welcome" roughly scratched into the wall. A Teddy bear was in the driver seat with a bottle of whiskey, two more playing checkers in the back. One had a knife standing over one on the ground. All fun stuff to find
>>
>>318149661
Agreed. It's always exciting finding a new location and searching for these hidden small stories.

For example, the backstory about the 2 sons and a father in west everett estates was pretty touching.
>>
>>318150303
Preston quests are LITERALLY unlimited you dense idiot. I made a new character and never went to concord. Eff the minute men and eff that dude
>>
>>318146507
actually I find the FPS aspects pretty horrible myself.
>>
>>318150485
Melee is overpowered once you get Ninja and Blitz.
You OHKO all enemies in the game + teleport.
>>
>>318150032
Ass trons are the only scary enemy. Melee and ranged one hit kills.
Yaos and Deathclaws are chumps.
And no cazadores.
>>
>>318161928

first one got me on a bridge with no way out. killed me 15 times at least including one where it blew up and killed me. finally I went in the water and hid behind a rock and threw a few grenades. brotherhood chopper appeared and must have been attacking it, as it exploded after only three randomly thrown grenades from me..

not sure how I am going to get into that vault guarded by at least two of them without cheesing it with power armour.
>>
>>318161928
>>318162756
>Ass trons
Really?
The first one I encountered ripped me a new asshole, but after getting access to ballistic weave and combat armor they were pecking at my HP bar slower than stimpacks could heal.
And this is on Survival difficulty. My problems came from dealing enough damage to kill them in a reasonable amount of time. Those things are tanks, and my Deliverer/Overseer's Sniper Rifle (pimped out for stealth and VATS crits) barely scratched them. We're talking about 2-3 mags of 10mm Deliverer headshots to kill an Assaultron.
>>
It's a fun open world shooter, but the major problem I have with it is that I still don't care about the setting at all.

7/10
>>
>>318163418
I tend to use the upgraded .44 magnum on their legs

once a single legs blown off they just lie on the ground and wait for death

>>318163596
good value for money content wise, but lacking in interesting locations, large settlements of innovative game dynamics
>>
File: 3.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Despite the games flaws i've had a fuck ton more fun with it than Witcher 3.
>>
Gunplay looks decent
>>
>>318148408
>>318148247

what junk scavenging you talking about?

are you guys talking about picking up trash and walking it over to your base?

is that what you guys are talking about?

seherihously?
>>
>>318163418

my first was legendary. they rush you so fast that after they mutate and get all their HP back they are right on you.
>>
>>318146326
good action game (gunplay and such)

decent settlement stuff, needs some more options and polish

terrible RPG (absolutely no choices other than which faction you want, almost zero room for roleplaying, no replay ability or variety between builds)
>>
>>318162756
After getting my ass kicked there a couple times, I went home and got my fat man and the 3 mini-nukes I had. Then snuck up and "sniped" them.
1 lived with a sliver of health, I finished it off with an ap Tommy-gun.
>>
File: 1447584333045.png (11 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1447584333045.png
11 KB, 343x543
>>318148057
>DC
>>
>>318165886
I was quick to jump to capital wasteland too. They mean diamond city.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.