[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen thread. ITT we try to believe this game will ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Mustang-Beta_v5.jpg (2 MB, 3600x1800) Image search: [Google]
Mustang-Beta_v5.jpg
2 MB, 3600x1800
Star Citizen thread.

ITT we try to believe this game will ever be complete, even though we know not until 2050.

Do you play the beta? If yes, which ship? If not, why?

I'm currently flying a Mustang Beta, shit's not cash and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Also, STAR-N2YD-HSRN my referral code if you want to make an account, you get 5000 credits for free. Sorry for the advertising.
>>
File: Mustang-Alpha_v6.jpg (3 MB, 3600x1800) Image search: [Google]
Mustang-Alpha_v6.jpg
3 MB, 3600x1800
>>318146136
>>
>>318146136
So, I guess no one here likes the game... I knew I should have made a vidiya waifu or cosplay thread or something, fucking neckbeards and kids.
>>
>>318146631
You started out with a /v/ tier cynical quip on the release date then dumped your reference code. Did you seriously think you could get a discussion going with that kind of OP?
>>
>>318147417
Yes
>>
>>318147476
Enjoy the archive.
>>
>>318147476
Even arguments about p2w are better.
>>
>>318146136
pay2win scam. my friend bought me a starter kit after he sunk $1500 into the game. We played a couple Vandul swarm matches and my $35 ship wasn't even fast enough to reach the mobs before him and his friends $500 ships had destroyed all of them. It's actually hilarious.

Roberts theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU
>>
>>318147851

You know that there will be no p2w element after the release?

You can not buy one single thing from real money after the persistent universe launches. And the ships are not that hard to get in game.

60 hours solo playtime for an RSI Constellation (one of the bigger ships)

Argument = Invalid
>>
>>318148135

>60 hours of grinding for one ship

So its Elite: Citizen?
>>
>>318148135

>guessing grind times for a game nowhere near release.

Literally nobody knows that information yet. Not even the devs.
>>
>>318148224
Who said anything about grinding?

You can make money from everything. Being part of a military/police/pirat squad doing cargo or shit, begging in the streets or buying shit cheap and selling it more expensive. You can make money by mapping the universe.

What have you thought? Being online for 2 hours and getting the biggest ship for nothing?

Argument = still invalid
>>
>>318148363
>>318148224

Samefag

Also, they said this last week in their livestream when the question came up how long you would have to play approximately to buy ships.

You will not even be able to give exact answers to it when it released. There are to many variables.

Do you play with a squad? Do you already own a ship or have access to one? Do you want to do cargo shit or more risky stuff?
>>
File: 1448639271988.webm (2 MB, 1280x878) Image search: [Google]
1448639271988.webm
2 MB, 1280x878
2.0 looks pretty promising. They just have a shit ton of bugs to work out.
>>
>>318148135
>60 hours solo playtime for an RSI Constellation
That is a fuckton of grinding for one ship, and I think you pulled the number out of your ass. After release everything will be completely dominated by the people who sunk their life savings into it during development which will scare off the broader community which will probably kill the game.
>>
I get such a cult vibe from the people who follow/pay for this game, gives me the heeby jeebies. It's like they are hanging all of their hopes and dreams on this game being a perfect life replacement.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (62 KB, 931x229) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
62 KB, 931x229
>>318148842

Never trust what people say before actual release. While it might not be an outright lie it is all subject to change at a moments notice. Crying SAMEFAG THESE GUYS AGREE SO THEY SAMEFAG is retarted.
>>
>>318149708
Sorry for accusing you. Yeah, I think so too. But all this "OMG GRINDFEST P2W" shit will not happen. This is the one problem the devs spoke about again and again.

>>318149546
Who the fuck said anything about grinding? Also, you clearly did not follow any of their livestreams or articles. As you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, believe in what you want.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/37556/60-hour-constellation-source

First thing that popped up in google.
>>
>>318150527
>Sorry for accusing you. Yeah, I think so too. But all this "OMG GRINDFEST P2W" shit will not happen.
You're either a shill or deluded
>>
File: 1410257760236.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
1410257760236.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>318150527
>https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/37556/60-hour-constellation-source
>people speculating on a forum is a source

>Also, you clearly did not follow any of their livestreams or articles.
>because developers never lie about a game before release

The level of denial is unreal. This game is p2w, there really is no way to argue otherwise. It is basically dead on arrival but star citizen defense force is too invested in it now to go see reason.
>>
I had actually forgotten about this game.

Are they still introducing superior ships that shit all over the ones that already exist?
>>
>>318151053
yes but they cost ~$1000
>>
>>318151316
Yeah figures.

This game's peristent universe will be dead on release with all those faggots flying their lifetime insured capital ships from the moment the game releases.
>>
>>318151053
Sometimes, and then they tell the others that their's will be "overhauled".

>>318150923
I'm not even backer dude, I got my ship for free. Also, I think that the game will fail due to release date being something around 2050 or shit. But nothing in this game is p2w. You will not be able to buy shit from real money once the persisten universe releases. Also, everything there is not, will be worthless because not even once month after release, everyone will have either lost their ship in combat, stole a better ship or bought another one from in game currency.

Not once have you provided any proof of p2w other then the current state of the game where you can buy ships, for beta, that will be worthless once the game starts and that you can loose any time.
>>
Got a friend who just got a job as an artist at their studio.

Hoping to get inside info from him on it.
>>
>>318151519
The capital ships mean jackshit. Even with life time insurence. 1 to 2 month into release and every small guild or group will also have one. Insurence in game is pretty cheap.
>>
>>318151519
What he said was bullshit. There haven't been ships >1000 in a long time.

Most ships are mid sized - large and cater to extremely specific roles. There's no "I'm better than you ship"
>>
>>318151659
>that will be worthless once the game starts
that would be true if they deleted all of the backer ships and insurance.
>>
>>318151797
> implying people will want to grind for months while getting raped by faggots with big wallets
>>
>>318151948
Yep, and start the game without one single ship, that's much better. Also, lifetime insurence will mean nothing. Insurence is so fucking cheap that you don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>318151930
>There's no "I'm better than you ship"
Say that to my Aurora or the other low tier ships.

They simply suck.
>>
>>318146136
Even ED is better than SC abd ED is trash.

Why even go near this P2W crap.
>>
>>318152030
Who the fuck said something about grinding? Oh, you meant actually playing the fucking game and not getting shit for doing nothing?

You start without a ship, go to the next cargo carrier and help a little.

Day 1, enough money for a small ship.

Now you can cruise around like you don't care, or do some work. If you are not into group play, don't play a fucking mmo!

Week one, everything will be settlet, there will be more and less powerful groups. Either join one or be a whiny faggot about it. There are enough police/bounty hunter groups out there that it will not dangerous everywhere.
>>
>>318152321
At least traveling and docking doesn't take an eternity in SC.

So no, I wouldn't call ED better at all.
>>
>>318152117
>Insurence is so fucking cheap that you don't have to worry about it.
why even have it then?
>>
>>318152445
Is that the best you can do? Docking?

Jesus. Genre died harder than expected.
>>
>>318152321
AND AGAIN YOU STUPID FUCKS! THERE IS NO FUCKING P2FUCKINGW WHEN THE FUCKING GAME RELEASES!

>Itt: Idiots that are not capable of gathering informations and just assume what they heard anywhere else.

I'm out, bye faglords.
>>
>>318152417
You forgot the part where a hornet shows up and fucks you over.

But yeah, cool game kid.
>>
>>318146136
>playing P2W space games when there are plenty of non P2W space games that are better
lol. No.
>>
>>318152471
That's something no one knows... My guess is that they just want to make shit more complicated.
>>
>>318152529
> Docking
That's pretty much 50% of your time in ED.

The other half is flying to another destination.
>>
I heard this was pay2win, has that model ever worked? like seriously...
>>
>>318152582
>>318152553

He's a faggot in denial, but this part is actually true.

>>318152561
You should've bought insurance then, or stay in safe waters.

Are you the one complaining about open pvp in games, because everyone has better gear than you?
>>
>>318152765
worked for Hearthstone
>>
>>318152790
>Are you the one complaining about open pvp in games, because everyone has better gear than you?
only when they get it with their credit card.
>>
>>318152790
Who cares if you bought insurance or not, the point is you got blown up by a faggot solely because he has a bigger wallet., and there's nothing you can do about it.

And there are no "safe waters". He might incur some penalty or bounty or whatever if he blows you up in "safe" space. The space police will not protect you.
>>
>>318152915
Nope, assuming you are not playing day 1, he could also have played for 3 days and worked for that ship.

You are dramatizing this. It will regulate itself on day 2 or 3, don't go apeshit about it.

>>318153071
Then better join a group that will help you, or find/hire a squad.
>>
>>318153272
> regulate itself on day 2 or 3
Right. I bet your dad works at cig and that's how you know all about the ingame economy right?

Even E:D which barely has a multiplayer component lets you grind for literal days to afford the better ships.
>>
>>318153418
Nope, I just follow their livestreams and read the online articles. Something you obviously did not. There is at least one hour of matereal to read about how they want ingame economy to work.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.