[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will you remember this game 5 years from now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
How will you remember this game 5 years from now?
>>
>>318145701
I won't.
>>
File: 1423340532726.jpg (44 KB, 484x534) Image search: [Google]
1423340532726.jpg
44 KB, 484x534
I wont remember it at all desu
>>
With shitty graphics.
>>
Like the last Metal Gear produced by Kojima, when Konami releases a Metal Gear game for iOS and Android.
>>
I haven't played it, so bunch of memelords playing AAA trash and crying about it on a taiwanese knitting discussion forum.
>>
that it's the first MGS that I dropped.
>>
I'm trying to forget this. Lost my hope in video games and gave me open world PTSD.
>>
5 years from now, this will be remembered as the greatest Metal Gear game of all time, and I mean, they'll be wrong, because 3 will still be better, but aside from that we will be right.
>>
Ill probably have already killed myself from how disappointing MGSV was
>>
Was it realy that bad?
>>
>>318145701
As a great game because bitter overhyped nerds will be long gone. Literally the main arguments against this game is because they didn't meet someone's expectations
>>
>>318145701
A game for a great price of $10
>>
File: 1408257667353.jpg (46 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1408257667353.jpg
46 KB, 500x341
Remeber what?
>>
After watching all the trailers, disappointment. fun gameplay, played for two weeks, finished and never again
>>
>>318148984
>because 3 will still be better

Every MGS after the first is complete garbage
>>
One of those games that really should have been better.
>>
I'll be hard to remember a game no one has ever finished.
>>
>>318145701
I'll remember it as a disappointment, atleast i can still play mgs3 since it aged well enough atleast in the controls department.
>>
I'm playing through it for the first time at the moment. Haven't played a game that is so hot and cold at once in a long time. At times it is brilliant and then it completely shits itself and becomes laughably bad and I wonder why I'm having playing such poorly made shit, before turning it off.

MGS3 is still the best game in the series.
>>
I'm guessing this is the type of disappointment parents feel for kids.
>>
Fantastic mechanics and extremely dull, repetitive missions for an overall disappointing experience
>>
>>318145701

That game I put 120 very entertaining hours into, never to return again.
>>
>>318145701
I'll remember it as a good game that was never finished.
Right now /v/ is on its typical bandwagon but give it five years and they'll be overrating this game.
See 4, people admit it's not all that bad now.
>>
I'll remember the 3 years of build up starting with that "not your kind of people" trailer. I'll remember how promising Ground Zeroes was as a teaser for the main game. I'll remember how good the first 30 hours or so were. And then I'll remember how mediocre and disappointing the next 200 hours were. Still it was all fun.

It was a journey.
>>
>>318145762
/literally thread

>>318147554
I still haven't bothered to beat it. Don't even know what mission I'm on, not far after beating Chapter 1. So fucking boring.
>>
I'll remember it as the last Konami game I ever bought. My favorite publisher as a kid is dead.
>>
>>318145701
I'll remember it as a fun game that I blew 500+ hours on.
>>
>>318145701
It's mostly busywork with good mechanics. So if games with better mechanics come out, years from now, it will be only seen as busywork.
>>
Fondly.

I didn't watch any of the trailers so I wasn't spoiled about anything and really enjoyed the game.
>>
>>318150917
The problem with the trailers isn't that they spoiled something. It's that they created an anticipation for the game that the game just couldn't live up to.
>>
>>318149597
no it wasn't, game looked great, was really fun (although should have had more distinct boss fights) and had a decent story, first chapter was v good imo. it suffers from being an open world game for no reason other than as a selling point and the way the story is presented, also they cut the last mission.

overall its a decent game, but a piss poor metal gear
>>
>>318145701

two memories:

1. walking into the lab with the african corpses while 80's music is blaring

2. failing the stealth angle and calling in quiet, heli and multiple tactical strikes to help the boss out
>>
I won't. Even if I do, it'll just be "that one game with the weird bullshit in it."
>>
Playing the shitty xbox 360 version while my friends watched, then watching one do it on PC, then playing it on the xbox one :3
>>
File: Quiet to the rescue2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Quiet to the rescue2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>318151018
and literally every scene from the trailers were unchanged in the final game including the ones from 2012 and 2013 (except graphically updated)

You would figure if they knew how the story was gonna go way back then it wouldn't have ended up feeling so rushed in the end.

At the very least its fun to play so at least it has that
>>
>>318150629
I am at the part where you have to destroy tanks or some shit before they reach the destination?
all I have is a machine gun and single fucking grenade, how the fuck?
>>
>"my kikongo speaking brota, hear this tape I found! "
>"takeeeeeee oooooon meeeeeeeee"
>"nigolum no, that devil's song! "
>" oh Tyrone that's just rumors "
Then proceed to Fulton two niggers
>>
The first MGS that i dont want to replay. Even MGR got me to play it 3 times.
>>
A disappointment.
>>
>>318151263
that feel when hotfix patch 1.06 makes it possible to get quiet back legitimately.

the devs finally listened to the community for once.

feels damn good, man.
>>
>>318151507
if you haven't developed a rocket launcher I would.

OR you can just sneak up on one, shoot it a bit when you get close (sprinting distance) to get it to stop then fulton/C4 it. iirc you only need to stop 1 to get mission complete, you can just come back later for the S rank if you feel like it with better stuff
>>
File: IWhaleToBelieve.jpg (353 KB, 1477x2067) Image search: [Google]
IWhaleToBelieve.jpg
353 KB, 1477x2067
>>318151734
that feel when that same patch changed the data on the tape venom plays in the truth cutscene
>>
>>318151854
seriously? i missed that. i'll go listen to it again.
>>
>>318151854
What does it say now?
>>
>>318145701
good times and a lot of disappointment

but not all hope is dead yet
>>
>>318152396
Yea long story short the data on that tape was originally a loader program of a ROM for a game called Portopia (which was a big influence on Kojima to make games) however in that last patch that data was changed for some unknown reason to be the original metal gear instead. The other files are still in the game so its weird it was changed, maybe it was a hint since a big symbol in portopia was butterflies

Video of ending on launch day
https://youtu.be/xN0VAsJElX4?t=4m29s

Video of ending after that patch
https://youtu.be/36JQls3OICU?t=3m11s
>>
File: 1447784923056.jpg (16 KB, 428x364) Image search: [Google]
1447784923056.jpg
16 KB, 428x364
>>318150258
This, seriously.

The disappointment I have is like the joy of actually having a child which would be the gameplay of MGSV, but then it be kicked in the head by a horse and I have to live with it and take care of it for the rest of my life and I will never be able to have another child.
>>
>>318152468
>>318152763
timestamps for the video on the link
>>
>>318152396
>>318152468
the MSX tape not the Big boss speech
>>
>>318152763
Thanks!
>>
It wasn't Pimp My Ride
>>
I moved on from mgs for good. I let kojima piss in my face too many times and i have grown to hate this series.
>>
I hope a future patch could restore/complete the unfinished content with eli

it'll probably never happen, but at least we had the videos they were able to extract from the game files
>>
>>318154027
episode 51? That was literally on the collectors edition disc. Proudly flaunting the cut content. It makes no damn sense
>>
>>318154104
so what was it, were they rushing to put the game out and then had to cut it or what? i mean if that was the case then i wondered why we didn't see it on the pc version either especially since they took more time to produce the pc version
>>
>tfw Venom never goes nuclear
What was the point of this game?
>>
>>318154515
nobody knows because noones saying anything about it. I think Konami are still claiming Kojima is just on an extended vacation last I heard
>>
>>318154595
to hype you up so you really felt that phantom pain when it didn't deliver. Its art anon
>>
>>318154595
>develop nukes at mob
>can't actually use them in game other than being a magnet for fob invaders

waited 2 days and spent a fuckload of my gmp on it. fuck this gay earth
>>
>>318154595
you can build a nuke
>>
>>318145701
As Kojima's last game
>>
>>318150508
I went back and played 4 recently and it's actually worse than I remember. The level design throughout the entire game is literally one big hallway and the lack of a "game over when discovered" mode on any difficulty really sucks the fun out of trying to sneak, since getting seen at all is practically a death sentence anyway, only now you have to sit there and wait for the guards to slowly drain your life bar, it fucking sucks.

It's also annoyingly automated. Like if you select a camo pattern, weapon, or costume, the game will automatically reselect whatever the default gear is whenever something cinematic happens (all the fucking time) and you can either reapply everything every time this happens or not bother with it at all.

And then there's Act 3, which is easily the most annoying thing I've ever played in a video game, not even exaggerating.
>>
>>318150508
I think they'll have a hard time overrating it unless they add some story dlc or something because as it is chapter 2 is just an abomination. Why even use chapters if you're only going to have 1 and a half?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.