[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ just bought a wii u. It came bundled with smash and splatoon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
Hey /v/ just bought a wii u. It came bundled with smash and splatoon, help me pick my next game. I'm torn between super Mario maker and hyrule warriors.

I'm open to other suggestions though.
>>
>>318143342
Hard to say when you've mentioned no games that you actually like, and I don't even own a wii U, but if I did I'd want to try Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101
>>
bayonetta or donkey kong tropical freeze
>>
>>318143342
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>318143342
hyrule warriors faggot.
Mario maker isnt even a game.
>>
>>318143589
Is HW better than Dynasty Warriors? I liked the soundtrack and cheesy story in those games but the gameplay was pretty shallow.
>>
>>318143461
Hard to say which games I like since I only have splatoon and smash Bros at the moment

I like both of them though
>>
>>318143739
If you didn't like the gameplay of DW, you won't like HW. I went to HW as a Zelda fan (knowing minimal amounts about DW, but still knew it was just about smashing armies) and hated it.
>>
>>318143842
He means any games you like, whether they're on WiiU or not, so we can recommend similar games to you.
>>
>>318144063
Honestly, I like it, just not enough to pay 50 euros for it. I was hoping HW might have a bit more depth than DW. Another problem is that in DW8, your allied generals were practically useless and there was no strategy involved. Is this any different in HW?
>>
>>318144135
Loved all the bioshocks fallout 1 2 and 3 love the zelda series and rpgs in general, played wow for a long time, I love Mario and all the spin offs, had a lot of fun with Mario kart double dash, I have the wii version of Mario kart but wasn't too much a fan. I usually don't like motion controls but when it comes to splatoon the motion controls are actually more fun than using the stick to aim. I really liked dynasty warriors as series and have several for the ps2 so I'm leaning towards hyrule warriors but the new legend of Zelda also comes out in December so I might just hold out for that. My favorite games all don't really go with a wii u which is why I bought it. All the games seem really unique.

I forgot about monster hunter though, I'll be buying that for sure as amazon has it for like 17 dollars. It also has ZombieU for like 9 dollars is that game any good?
>>
Buy xenoblade this week
>>
>>318144874

It's like that in every single Warriors game.

Some pros that I could give you is that the game takes, like 400 hours to 100% it, and if you have a buddy or gf you can spend all of those 400 hours together. Also, the shitloads of Zelda fanservice are a great plus.

If you want more time wasters, I'd recommedn Monster Hunter, too. 600 hours and not even bored of it.
>>
>>318144929
ZombiU is ok from what I've heard, I've never played it.

The new Legend of Zelda comes out in December? Yeah, maybe next year. At least WWHD is already out and TPHD is coming March next year.

Mariokart 8 is probably the best in the series, it's miles better than Mariokart Wii.

If you like RPGs and WoW, you should look into Xenoblade Chronicles X (comes out next Friday) and the original Xenoblade Chronicles which is on the eshop for $20.

Super Mario 3D World was well above my expectations, even for Mario, and is very fun with friends and has a 10/10 soundtrack.

Monster Hunter, it's fuckin' Monster Hunter.

One of the few games that everyone should check out even if they don't know anything about it, is Bayonetta (and 2). Thankfully Bayonetta 2 also comes with the first game.
>>
>>318145319
>original Xenoblade Chronicles which is on the eshop for $20.

Fuck you, yuropoor.

;_;
>>
>>318145319
You're right it did say released on Dec 31 2016.

Who the fuck pre orders shit more than a year away?
>>
>>318145319
I was considering the xenoblade game but if I get the eshop copy I have to go buy an external hard drive

I bought the 32 gb wii u deluxe bundle, which came with smash brothers and splatoon, the only issue, is they both came as digital copies..

So the operating system is like 8 gbs, and smash is 13, that's 21 of the 32 and I'm not even sure how bit splatoon is.

I'm really bummed it came with digital copies. I wanted to get physical disc's. There's no way I can get discs without buying the games retail, is there?
>>
>>318145793
You're outta luck there. You can find decent sized SD cards for pretty cheap at least.
>>
>>318146038
I thought you couldn't put games on SD cards? Nintendo says you need external for games.
>>
>>318145793
You don't need to play the first Xenoblade, the new one is completely separate outside of a few small references.
>>
>>318146169
Fuck, is that how it works? I don't know, I haven't downloaded much but SNES and indie games from the eshop. I definitely used an SD card to transfer info from my Wii, and that's still in my WiiU.
>>
>>318146262
You can transfer data from the wii to wii u with SD card, save game data as well, but you can't install games to an SD card. You need a external hard drive or a flash drive.

Even Nintendo says don't use a flash drive because of the end of life cycle but that's absolutely retarded. I'm going to put my games on a flash drive and leave them on there. I won't constantly be erasing and replacing files. I don't get how it would ever reach its EOL write cycle.
>>
Bayonetta 2

But out of those two I would probably go with Hyrule Warriors. It's repetitive and far from perfect, but a pretty fun musou with some nice Zelda flair to it, and it has hundreds of hours of content if you're so inclined.
>>
hyrule warrior and super mario maker are too expensive for what they are
>>
>>318145447
Is Xenoblade Chronicles not on the Wii U eshop in America? Huh, that's weird. Do you have the Gamecube games yet? Those are awesome.
>>
>>318146532
What's the hype about Bayonetta? It's a devil may cry clone.

Just like Dantes inferno. I don't see why everyone says it's a good game. /v/ just likes animu titties
>>
File: 1445685147420.jpg (4 MB, 1443x5800) Image search: [Google]
1445685147420.jpg
4 MB, 1443x5800
>>318143342
>>
>>318146784

Dante's Inferno is a God of War clone, not a Devil May Cry clone. If it was a Devil May Cry clone it would probably be a better game.

And the Bayonetta games are literally the best in the genre outside of DMC3/4 and Ninja Gaiden Black, on top of just being generally good action games with great presentation and lots of content.
>>
>>318143342
>smash and splatoon
Since you like shit, I'd say Pikmin, Super Mario Maker, Mario Tennis, Devil's Turd, and that fake Kirby game.
>>
>>318147163
My wii u came with those games shit knocker.

Also topkek not liking smash Bros you fucking casual
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.