[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been almost 3 months since launch /v/, why wont it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
It's been almost 3 months since launch /v/, why wont it stop hurting?

>kojima sacrificed Metal Gear to finally get out of Konami
>>
i was mad for a few days but then i moved on.

but i also chose to ignore the daily 300 post speculation threads for 18 months
>>
Phantom pain is the last Metal Gear.
It is a goodbye.
Goodbyes mean you won't have that thing anymore.
Goodbyes give you a pain of loss.
Phantom Pains are the pain of something that used to be there.
Metal Gear is a franchise that you used to have but no longer do.

This can only be achieved in video games.
>>
>>318143460
Until today it seems
>>
I'm still mad.

It will never stop hurting.
>>
We got three endings.
We got the truth ending
We got a Quiet Exit ending
We got the nuclear disarmament ending.

I mean, yeah we didn't get mission 51 that literally ties everything up, but I don't know. I don't feel as cheated as when Mass Effect 3 came out though.

I still feel it, every night. The cutscenes we lost. The moments. But...it's ok??
>>
File: 1442076858796.jpg (79 KB, 406x492) Image search: [Google]
1442076858796.jpg
79 KB, 406x492
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mitw5haqx5Y
>>
>>318144403
Every time I hear this it makes me think about how unfinished the game's story is and it pisses me off and makes me depressed. The trailers really honestly had me believing that this game was going to be the story of how Big Boss fell from grace and became the villain of the series. Instead we got NOTHING and the next Metal Gear game will be a fucking pachinko machine. Fuck you Konami. I promise to never buy anything made by Konami ever again.
>>
>>318144278
>We got the truth ending
Comes out of the blue, merely a reinterpretation of past events.
>We got a Quiet Exit ending
Side story.
>We got the nuclear disarmament ending
Hardly explains anything.
>we didn't get mission 51 that literally ties everything up
Only the Sally/Liquid storyline.

Now let me tell you what we didn't get: the cutscene that explains what the fuck Big Boss has been doing for all this time.

This is what we wanted. The story of a man drawn to evil for some reason. Neither Venom nor Big Boss delivered.
>>
>>318145181
This.
>>
>>318145181
Mission 51 clears up the kids, liquid, Sally, the third parasite strain, and even bonks Venom's head that leads to the truth. That's all the game needed.
>>
>>318145396
That's what the story of this game needed.

But we never asked for this story.
>>
I didn't like playing as a fucking fake.

Fuck him. Le ebin pain.

He created an "open world" and it felt very empty

Sacrificed a potentially good game for a message
>>
A common theme of Metal Gear is that no one is good or bad. It just depends on who is telling the story. Just different people, different cultures, different ideologies, and different interpretations of the same will. Of course you're not going to feel that big boss is the bad guy when you're on mother base.

Venom should be the one in the boat.
>>
The most painful part about TPP is that it received a brilliant critical reception. This means that if Kojima goes on to make another game, he'll believe that he's found the secret to producing a masterpiece.

I'd be fine with TPP being the trainwreck that it was if there had been backlash big enough to give Kojima a reality check.

Kojima has deluded himself into believing that he's a god, and if he believes that, then he'll continue waste the development budget on trivial shit like Joosten rather than making a good game again.
>>
>>318145589
If you go by that he let you big boss and he's passing the franchises story onto you and the franchises story really only ends were you went it to end, then I think it is a master piece.

He gave you the ultimate big boss experience. He gave you:
Your own base.
Your own horse
Your own dog
Your own mech walker
And even your own fucking waifu.
Not to mention the complete freedom to tackle any mission in any way you want.

The franchise and the story is ours now which is the main part of mgsv I feel. But yeah I'm still disappointed at the rest being unfinished.
>>
>>318145589
I think Kojima is well aware of how TPP was ruined compared with his vision. He knows the game doesn't deserve the reception it got.

I'm pretty sure he spent a lot of time lurking on /v/ to see what honest people were thinking about it.
>>
>>318145589
>brilliant critical reception
Because Konami bundled everyone off to their review camp to play a 100 hour game for 40 hours. Which should honestly count as some form of blackmail.
>play the game on our conditions, and not for long enough to get an accurate impression of it, and release a day one review
>or wait, play it at the same time as the customers, release an accurate review a week late and get zero clicks

>>318145884
I would've been fine with the story being absent if the gameplay made up for it, but it didn't. Metal Gear doesn't benefit from being an open world game. Nothing interesting happens in all the empty space between bases, and having a billion options to complete every mission is worthless when 90% of missions have the same objective.
>>
>>318145498
You wouldn't have asked for Raidens story or Snake Eaters story either. Who cares what "we" asked for.
>>
>>318146227
Well, I enjoyed the hell out of the gameplay. I got a lot of fun out of it.
>>
>>318146347
How exactly would you have reacted if Star Wars Episode 3 had nothing to do with how podracing kid became the bad guy for the next three fucking movies?

This is how I reacted. We paid for the game that would bridge the two halves of the series, and it didn't bridge shit. Instead we fell into a pit of pain and despair.

Fuck you.
>>
File: 2014.png (640 KB, 756x609) Image search: [Google]
2014.png
640 KB, 756x609
>>318143295
Forget about Metal Gear, live for yourself.
>>
>>318145181
Big Boss already was evil from any single perspective but his own.

>Has his own personal army that operates independent of any sovereign laws
>Takes out contracts from rebel groups trying to take over nations in Latin America
>Acquires fucking nuclear weapons
>All the soldiers in his private army have been kidnapped from their lives and have a singular choice between languishing forever in a brig and working for Big Boss
>Builds a giant robot that's so poorly guarded that a naked teenager can steal it

If Big Boss ever threatened to use those nukes or say kidnapped a political figure as a hostage he'd be exactly on the level with Liquid or Solidus.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.