[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone on /v/ who wholeheartedly believes this is necessary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16
File: 1448037646424.jpg (747 KB, 1440x1620) Image search: [Google]
1448037646424.jpg
747 KB, 1440x1620
Is there anyone on /v/ who wholeheartedly believes this is necessary in a horror game about hunting ghosts? I am genuinely curious.
>>
It's in the game so that dumbfucks will try to jerk it while playing and tear their own dicks off when they get spooked. So yes, it is necessary.
>>
>>318142929
The developer put it in the game. I can choose for myself wether it was necessary or not.
>>
>>318142929
Aye senpai desu if I waz a ghost ass nikka and I se some chinese ass gurl wearn that sheyt I'd holla ya feel me. Dat btch don't gotta look hard to find the whist when she wearin that
>>
>>318142929
Yes.
>>
>>318143120
>I can choose for myself wether it was necessary or not.

And what do you choose?
>>
>>318142929
It's part of the story.... where a gravure idol was raped and murdered there.
>>
Isnt this ng+ content to reward players for completing certain objectives?
>>
File: silent-hill-2-dog-ending.jpg (51 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill-2-dog-ending.jpg
51 KB, 960x720
Is this necessary in a horror game?
>>
File: kinnikuman1.jpg (75 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
kinnikuman1.jpg
75 KB, 400x600
>ghosts are more powerful when your clothes are wet since the water is cursed
>bikini makes you go faster in water than say jeans and sweater
>you can dry off faster than wearing layers of clothes

Nuff said.
---
"God is Dead" -Nietzche
>>
>>318143232
Yep.

You can play the whole game without ever using it, nor given the option to.

I suppose its mere existence is "problematic".
>>
It's an unlockable costume, memelord. So yes, there is no reason why this shouldn't be in the western version. SJWs ruin everything, and the best part is they won't even play this.
>>
>>318142929
Why is Yuuri so erotic?
>>
>>318143212
so she was a grave-ure model?
>>
I think it's crass and kinda pathetic personally. It has zero appeal for me.

That said I 100% think that it should be in the game and the decision to censor it is retarded and means that I definitely won't buy the game.

This kind of stuff isn't to my taste, but censoring it doesn't fix the problem. It just makes me not want to buy it even more. Translators that alter and censor products to their whims are acting unethically and if there are people out there who want their filthy Japanese smut games then they should have every right to buy them unaltered.

In fact the recent controversy over DOA not coming over just makes me want to import a copy even if I never take it out of the factory packaging just to send a message.

Just because something makes you uncomfortable it doesn't make it okay to censor it and deprive the audience for the product of what they want.
>>
>>318142929
Damn that buttcrack turns me on
>>
I masturbated to the game anyway. Suck it, Nintendo.
>>
File: 143759399110.jpg (929 KB, 1794x1971) Image search: [Google]
143759399110.jpg
929 KB, 1794x1971
>>318143781
How? There was nothing left worth fapping to after NoA butchered it.
>>
>>318143868
>butchered it.
That booty is quite fat for a japanese lady
>>
>>318143868

Miu upskirts.
>>
File: aoe2 cobra.jpg (21 KB, 229x171) Image search: [Google]
aoe2 cobra.jpg
21 KB, 229x171
Is this necessary in a RTS game?
>>
No, actually I think it's retarded.

I still don't think they should've taken it out of the game though. Cutting content in localization is just a bad practice in general. I'll cut them a little bit of slack since they added new costumes to replace the cut stuff, but I still generally don't feel that localizations should be tampering with actual game content.
>>
>>318142929
It's not necessary, but it is gratifying to see near naked women.
>>
It's not "necessary", but there's no reason to not have it either
>>
>>318142929
No, very few of the elements are necessary but it certainly makes it better
>>
Is it necessary I drink my own urine?
>>
>>318142929
Is there anyone on /v/ who wholeheartedly believes it is necessary to remove a bonus feature from a horror game about hunting ghosts? I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>318143190
Well I didn't play the game so I don't know.
>>
Your mom wasn't necessary to me but she was there last night anway, so what's your point?
>>
>>318142929

You're asking g the wrong question. The right question is "Is there any reason this can't be here"? And the answer is "No".
>>
>>318144563
It is when it seriously offends half of the population.
>>
>>318142929
Yes. It's necessary.
>>
>>318142929
No, but it is necessary for my dick.
>>
Yes, it's necessary as it adds the goof factor. Just like the dog ending on Silent Hill 2
>>
File: 198818_orig.jpg (36 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
198818_orig.jpg
36 KB, 500x281
>>318144660
I don't think that seriously offends half the population
>>
>>318144660
The only relevant population is the one who would actually buy the game
>>
>>318144660
>seriously offends
Since when is that a good reason to change anything? And why do you not know what bonus feature means?
>>
>>318142929
It's stupid removing it, it hurts no one except fat bitches who can't pull off that body
Besides, the unlockable costumes were useless, but the edited bikini Miu scene was strange as fuck
>>
>>318144660

Why are half the population seriously offended by this?
>>
File: 1435837564875.jpg (67 KB, 720x424) Image search: [Google]
1435837564875.jpg
67 KB, 720x424
>>318144660
>>
>>318142929
Does it honestly matter if it's necessary or not?
>>
>>318142929
>It's not about the underwear! It's about the fact that they took "content" away from us! What's next? They'll start taking whole missions from us! We need to boycott censorship now to prevent any future epidemics!
Nobody actually believes this shit. It's just a new meme-type of shitposting, where people try to post a clearly stupid argument in order to receive replies. Oh wait, that's called bait. Yeah, these threads and posts are all bait.
>>
>>318147404
This.
It's as necessary as Silent Hill's constant easter eggs.
>>
>>318144660
>It is when it seriously offends half of the population.
>Half of the population hating on a normal swimsuit
They're sorely in the vocal minority, numbnuts.
>>
>>318143289
This. The point is, it was something enjoyable and originally intended to be there, but somebody stepped in and said, "no-no-no."
>>
>>318143986
how do you turn this on?
>>
>>318149710
Try rubbing it's nipples
>>
>>318144180
This. It's not a question of if it should be there, but that it was there. Who are the localization team to say what should or should not be in the developer's game?
>>
>>318142929
>classic horror movie trope
JUST
>>
>>318151620
C U C K
>>
>necessary
no, nothing in a video game is 'necessary'

>needs to be censored
also no
>>
>>318142929
Not necessarily, but I do like tits and ass in my video games. NOA could have done something smart like putting it up as DLC for 5 bucks, but no, the pearl clutchers had their way even though it's rated M and 18.
this would have never happened on a Sony console. Try to prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 340x565
>>318142929
It's called juxtaposition, you ignorant piece of shit. Is it necessary? No. Does it make the game better? Some say yes. You're entitled to your dim slow opinion. Maybe wait til you're out of the 6th grade to post again.
>>
>>318143868
That pink shit on the suit looks so fucking awful. I know it's going to look aliased as shit on my WiiU.
>>
>>318144660
If you honestly believe that then half the population is fucking pathetic and needs to step it up.
>>
>>318142929
What does it matter if it's necessary or not?
>>
>>318144660
Then get fucking offended. It's not against the law to get offended.
Stop trying to save everyone from being offended, just mind your own fucking business and move on with your life. Some people want tits and ass in their games, let them have it. Your life won't be disturbed because of it and no one will get raped or beaten.
SJW are the modern equivalent of spinsters making alcohol illegal(which lead to prohibition, crime and a shitton of people dying and getting hurt)
Get back into your safespace and turn on airplane mode.
>>
File: 1445285751951.jpg (134 KB, 1152x716) Image search: [Google]
1445285751951.jpg
134 KB, 1152x716
>>318142929
>>
>>318144526
No but I bet you do it anyway because it's sterile and you like the taste.
>>
>>318147757
When Tecmo cancelled their release of DOA3X in the west because the controversy wasn't worth 100K sales, then you know these shitbags have done enough damage.
>"Just ignore them and they will go away"
I tried doing that for years and never interacted with any of them, and this is the shit I get.
I want my T&A in games. I don't get a flying fuck if SJW call me a "permavirgin", "misogynist" and "no woman would ever love you!".
You have your shitty, short, pretentious, pandering indie games that sell 2K copies and gets GOTY for being "progressive", I have my Jap anime tit games.
Can't we be content with that and move along?
>>
File: 1444816110682.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444816110682.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
Is there anyone on /v/ who wholeheartedly believes this is necessary in a horror game about hunting bio-weapons? I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>318152845
Yeah that middle finger mounted to his shoulder seems silly.
>>
>>318142929
I believe that art should not be censored and that it should be a free medium of expression for the artist with artistic freedoms that are such that the artist does not auto-censor his work.

Eat shit cancerous piece of sociatal fabric.
May you and you are cancerous corporate owners die slow agonizing deaths.
>>
>>318142929
This is a horror game?
>>
>>318153271
Get a load of this commie
>>
>>318142929
The designers/creators decided it was. They're the ones who ultimately put the time and money into it's creation so it's their decision, whether or not it's 'necessary' to you or me is irrelevant. If you don't like it, move on. If you do, wank away.
>>
>>318152845
>RE
>horror
It's a cheesy action series. Though they generally do make you feel really tense and uneasy when you're almost out of ammo or low on health, I give you that.
>>
Considering Until Dawn did something similar and no one seem to give a shit, it makes nintendo look like fucking pompous pricks.

Actually I take that back, they look like indecisive assholes because they help fund and publish Bayonetta 2 which is basically cheeky titillation the game. Yet with Fatal Frame it's suddenly not alright.

I don't know what Nintendo, particularly NoA is doing but someone over there needs to be gut checked.

I can't even pre-order FE: fates special edition because I'm afraid I'll be throwing $80+ on a gimped game now.
>>
File: tip.webm (183 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tip.webm
183 KB, 540x360
>>318153271
>video games are art
>>
Sex and horror are like chocolate and peanut butter, and they have gone together since forever.
>>
>>318143190
i choose to play with default on 1st play
i choose to play with bikini on 2nd play
its really hard to digest anon ?
>>
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
>>
File: rage flame.gif (36 KB, 673x505) Image search: [Google]
rage flame.gif
36 KB, 673x505
>>318142929
IT'S AN EXTRA OUTFIT

ITS AN EXTRA OUTFIT AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME

EVEN THE ORIGINAL OUTFIT GETS WET AND LITERALLY CLINGS ONTO THE GIRLS ASS AND YOU SEE HER CLEAVAGE

IN THE DEFAULT OUFIT

YOU FUCKING RETARDED AUTISMAL NIGGERS WHO HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME AND ALL YOU DO IS SPUR UP CONTROVERSY ON /v/ I FUCKING HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

CENSORSHIP IS BAD YOU FUCKING RETARDS
>>
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
>>
>>318142929
It's not necessary but neither are the bonus costumes in other horror games or any other costumes in this game in general.
>>
File: fatal-frame-comparison.png (89 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
fatal-frame-comparison.png
89 KB, 600x352
>>318142929
No one on /v/ cares.
At all.

The costumes in the game wouldn't have made it sell any better. The costumes not being in the game wouldn't have made it sell any better. Everybody who was going to buy this game already decided on buying it long before CostumeGate happened.

There are people on /v/ that talk about this issue day after day even though they never planned on buying the game in the first place. There are people on /v/ that talk about this issue day after day even though they've never even played an entry in this series before.

People just want to talk censorship.

Look at it this way, how many people on /v/ do you think:

>Own the lowest selling modern games console
>Played a Fatal Frame before, even though it's a series that's never pulled in anything more than 100k worldwide, half of that number is Japanese sales.
>Even cared about a series who's last main localised title was in 2005 not long after /v/ was first established.

You're talking about people that own a niche console and are interested in a niche series that hasn't had a worldwide entry in almost 10 fucking years. You can probably count the number of Fatal Frame threads /v/ has had in it's entire history on one hand.

People are jumping on this issue and are pretending to be outraged because they swear that it was the deciding factor between them picking up the game or not, but in truth only a very tiny playerbase buy the games anyway. Finding someone that bought the first 3 games, the remake of 2, spirit camera, imported 4 and delved into the manga, book and Film is almost impossible.

TL;DR the series isn't popular, hasn't ever been popular and the people that buy the games don't care about the costumes. The only ones that do care are the one's that just want to stop censorship in gaming and are latching onto this particular game since it's such a huge example. They were never going to buy this game anyway.
>>
>>318143565
This.
I dislike cheap neckbeard bait fanservice like this but that doesn't make censorship okay.
>>
>>318153683
I came to post this. OP mentions horror to try make his case, but even in classic horror there's allure juxtaposition. Most horror films have it be it veiled or completely in your face.
>>
File: 1448483289917.gif (3 MB, 290x173) Image search: [Google]
1448483289917.gif
3 MB, 290x173
>>318142929
>buying a Tecmo game
>not expecting tits & ass

You can only blame yourself, OP.
>>
>>318154240
>The costumes in the game wouldn't have made it sell any better.
Wouldn't make it sell any worse either, would it? What's the fucking point in meddling with the original content?

It's a niche 17+ game in a under-performing console. Being only digital killed it more than anything else, but falling into your little trap for a moment I'd actually consider getting a external for it and other digital shit have NOA not spread the parent filter all over it without my consent. So it's no true that it didn't lose a few sales because of this shitfest, but it was never going to be a million seller.
>>
Did the censor they NA release?

Thinking about getting it. I need more Wii U games.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 001.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 001.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318153352
>commie
In communism artist have very little freedom, and their work can get them killed, jailed, exiled if they are making art against the ruling class.

t. born and raised in a communist country

>>318153680
Video games are more art than most of the modern shit displayed in art galleries.

t. artist
>>
>>318142929
I don't care if it's necessary
>>
File: vNP9LOq.jpg (24 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
vNP9LOq.jpg
24 KB, 400x348
>>318142929
It's up to the people who made the game whether it was necessary or not in the first place.
The real question is, what's the justification for removing lingerie in a M rated game?
>>
>>318155270
>The real question is, what's the justification for removing lingerie in a M rated game?

Reminder that Fatal Frame is made by Koei "we're scared of SJW's so we're not localising DOAX3" Tecmo.

I think the reason for the removal is pretty clear, I don't think we can pin the censorship on Nintendo seeing as they pushed for the Peach Bayonetta costumes to be even more lewd than Platinum was going for. This is Tecmo losing their nuts.
>>
>>318155627
Xenoblade is not made by KT, FE:A wasn't made by KT either. The Nintendo that gave Bayo a free pass was NoJ, NoA went along with it because that's the type of game it is they couldn't just change a ew things, they'd have to make a new game in order to keep the children safe. Stop making excuses for them.
>>
I am just really fucking pissed we didn't get the physical copy in North America
>>
Shouldve kept it as a completion bonus costume. I have no problem with nudity or partial nudity. Hell, I wear speedos briefs when every other male is wearing baggy ass trunks. I weighlift every morning (swim 1-2x a week) and deserve to show off 98% of it.

But when you slap bikinis on women in vidya for the sake of having shallow fap material and attach a quickly tossed-in back story for it, its like it was handled by preteens. Then again, I stopped caring about Fatal Frame with Lunar Eclipse. Let it die in peace please.
>>
>>318142929

Yes, because this game more than any other is about love and lust. I'll point out that the main plot is ultimately a love story, except a really fucking dark love story.

The male main character's plot-defining decision is: Which woman are you willing to die for? And not just die for, die *with*?

The other heroine's defining question is "Is it better to die together, or live in eternal loneliness?"

I mean, the part where she wears a bikini and monologues about the emptiness and hollowness of being might be a bit too much, but it's certainly thematic. The main character decides to pursue a woman he's only seen in a photo.
>>
>>318142929
It's not necessary. It's an optional perk. You can choose to wear that, or not. That's the joy of freedom.
>>
>>318143986
how do you turn that on?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.