[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: pillars of cuckiternity.jpg (33 KB, 580x401) Image search: [Google]
pillars of cuckiternity.jpg
33 KB, 580x401
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important. During development we realized that if we had someone focusing on stronghold content, it would jeopardize other quests that we felt were more valuable. That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light.

So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's, Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.

BRAVA CU-CK SAWYER

BRAVA

>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>don't know what kind of wacky tobacky they were smoking when they made the stats for the characters
>bland skills and spells makes combat boring
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see also you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release
>no mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable, I'd love to hear it.

Why did PCu-cks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
>implying BG2's strongholds were good

mage stronghold was alright, the rest was garbage
>>
>>318142646
Pillars is shit, we all know it, but stop with this pasta threads, nigger
>>
>>318142724
Bard stronghold was the best though
>>
>>318142646
The most dedicated autistic hater I have ever seen on /v/

Congratulations.
>>
>>318142646
Thank you for so diligently reminding me of this game, thanks to you I remembered to buy it.
>>
>tfw I loved Pillars
>tfw I loved MGS V
>tfw I loved Undertale

It must suck hating good games in order to fulfil your insatiable desire to be contrarian and have special snowflake opinions in order to feel better about yourself and stave off your inevitable suicide.
>>
Dis pasta again, awww yeeees.

Pillars was underwhelming and tried too hard to be every good Infinity Engine fantasy CRPG -- taking aspects of BG, IWD, and Planescape -- and it did none of these particularly well.

We're left with a painfully average game but, for a crowdfunded one, I guess it's all right.
>>
File: poe.jpg (51 KB, 926x352) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
51 KB, 926x352
>GOTY RPG

I don't even.
>>
>>318143916
Check any Deus Ex thread for the "Deuce Sex" pasta. This guy doesn't have shit on him.
>>
>>318145313
RPGCodex and /v/ are the only shitholes on the internet that outright hate the game, most non-autists actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>318145494
>RPGCodex and /v/ are the only shitholes on the internet that outright hate the game

RPGCodex has plenty of people that love your shitty game, senpai. Why don't you join the ones that do in your little hugbox.
>>
>>318143916
That title belongs to the gypsy that constantly shitposts on the witcher.
>>
>>318145608
See what I mean?
>>
>>318145494
RPG Codex may be a shit hole, but they probably know their shit about RPGs more than 90% of any other communities online. You just need some time to get acclimated and not act like a fucking retard. Kinda like how /v/ used to be before "retarded" became new default.
>>
>>318145958
You are right about the Codex, but the other anon is also right about their autistic hate for PoE.

Their selective memory and revisionism also rivals /v/'s. And they are kind of casual beyond belief when it comes to other genres. Those fucks not only thought Moebius was anything but liquid shit, but went as far as claiming it was actually good just because Jane Jensen shat on SJWs in an interview.
>>
>>318146212
>but the other anon is also right about their autistic hate for PoE.

WHERE

You faggot. I actually read the forums. There are plenty of dick suckers for PoE - almost disgustingly so.
>>
>>318146290
>proving his point right by acting like a completely autistic fuckwit over other people liking a game you don't like by calling them 'dicksuckers'

Nice job.
>>
>>318145958
If anything Codex suffered from precisely what people often bring up when disappointment over PoE is discussed - people expected it to be a GOTY for no real reason than just because Obsidian was making it.
>>
File: pillars of cukternity.jpg (359 KB, 1665x1053) Image search: [Google]
pillars of cukternity.jpg
359 KB, 1665x1053
>>318146530
Yes. I have a hard time believing someone doesn't work at the glory hole at Olive Garden if they like PoE.
>>
File: 1347566342074.jpg (44 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
1347566342074.jpg
44 KB, 409x393
>>318146712
>mfw I never would've known about Firedorn if it weren't for that bitch bitching about it.
>>
>>318145494
Non autists wouldn't even play this shit.
>>
>>318147038
At least we got a pretty nice boss fight out of it.
>>
>>318147236
Wot?
>>
>RPGcodex hates PoE
kek
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-would-you-rate-pillars-of-eternity.98108/
Most people gave it a 9. A fucking 9 on rpgcodex

/v/ is the only place where the game is hated for no reason, making up shit excuses to bash any game they want to meme.

Enjoy hating vidya.
>>
>>318147303
They had a high level bounty quest to kill Firedorn and his Disciples of the True Flame in the expansion. It was one of the better ones too.
>>
>>318147509
I never played the expansion. Maybe I should. Is it good?
>>
>>318147754
It's alright. Way too many thrash mobs, almost zero story, but otherwise it's an improvement over the base game. Hopefully part 2 will be better. Pirate it if you wish to see if it's worth your time, I wouldn't really recommend spending money on it.
>>
Should I buy Pillars of Eternity of Divinity Original Sin?
>>
>>318148098
>almost zero story
>crpg

Then what's the point? The shitty combat?
>>
>>318148476
Both

If you want a well written game with interesting lore, PoE
If you want the best turn based combat system ever made, D:OS
>>
>>318148592
I cant afford both...
>>
>>318142724
nah
Bard > Mage >>> Cleric > Fighter > Thief >>> Paladin
>>
>>318142724

Not saying they were, but PoEs stronghold was even worse. It's been 20 years since then, a little improvement wouldn't hurt.

Which is PoEs entire problem. It's been 20 fucking years since games like Baldurs Gate, and PoE doesn't improve anything except graphics. Infact, in many areas it's a downright downgrade.
>>
>>318148576
They wanted a not-IWD expansion, so yeah.
>>
>>318146634
That screenshot was the highpoint of the game imo.
>>
>>318148621
Then idk man, whatever you want more. Divinity is like 120h long if you want to do everything and it's very replayable. Pillars is 60-65 and not really replayable.
>>
>>318142646
i bought it on sale and never finished it after 3 hours it came off as pretty boring and the info dumps were way over the top
>>
>>318148476
if i could only get one of them i'd get divinity i guess
they're both decent, but not great
>>
>>318142646
Do you get paid forcing this "/v/ hates PoE" meme? Not a day goes by without seeing this shitty copypasta
>>
>>318148874
then what's great
>>
>>318142724
Bard was better. Fighter boring, but that's what you get for rolling the most boring class. Thief was nice. Cleric and paladin were hardly even strongholds.
>>
>>318142646
With the frequent balance changes and the content updates it feels like it's not a finished product.
I'll try it again after the expansions are finished.
>>
>>318148476

Divinity is the more fun game. But it's story is non-existent and it's writing is just plain boring. Most of the time you're left without much of an objective and left wondering why you're actually playing.
>>
>>318146712
see? See this is the reason why I have a negative boner when obsidian announces they are making a game.

because their games are heavily reliant on characters and world building and the writers are fucking PUSSY SJW COMMUNISTS PINK TRANNIE LOVING, LESBIAN LOVING PIECES OF SHIT FAGGOTS

New vegas for example barraged the player with almost non stop sjw propaganda.
>>
>>318148930
the wasteland 2 director's cut is pretty great. that's post-apoc and not fantasy though
>>
>>318149060
I would get that if it was on sale, but thanks
>>
>>318149035
The only propaganda PoE pushes is pro-family in faux-Germany. You want them to pump out healthy babies before their society collapses. Think about that a little.
>>
>>318142646
You're actually trying to sell the game, aren't you OP? I've seen this same fucking thread so many times.
>>
>>318149287
>Talk about how terrible it is
>"Y-you're just trying to sell it!"

This is what having an AIDS pozzed brain is like.
>>
> start working on voice replacer for one character a week or so after it comes out
> have like five lines left I need to replace
> get get myself motivated to finish it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5fG_mBcwk
>>
>>318149417
You obviously haven't noticed that the entire OP is a literal copypasta that has been posted daily, while the threads themselves had discussion that ranged from indifferent to positive. If you hate the game, you probably shouldn't talk about it every single day you cock gobbling nigger.
>>
>>318149035
>New Vegas barraged the player with almost non stop sjw propaganda

wat
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.