[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Capcom the best publisher when it comes to gameplay? All their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: capcom.png (56 KB, 696x435) Image search: [Google]
capcom.png
56 KB, 696x435
Is Capcom the best publisher when it comes to gameplay? All their games play fine as fuck.
>>
>>318142226
>SFV
>DMC
>MH
You're fucking right my friend, capcom a best
>>
>>318142226

Yes, Absolutely.

Except when they outsource to shitty western companies like the one with LP3 (vancoveur did great DR2, but it doesn't feel as good as the first one)
>>
>>318142226
Let's see
>sidescroller
Or
>fighting game
Or
>third person action game
Capcom sucks
>>
>>318142226
Maybe back in the day and even still today they still make the brilliant game here and there.
>>
>>318142226
>Resident Evil 6
>Fun to play
Sure
>>
File: lost planet 2 - image_10.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lost planet 2 - image_10.jpg
279 KB, 1280x720
>>318142589
They're not going to outsource games to shitty western devs anymore. It didn't work out.
>>
File: capcom.gif (194 KB, 1090x591) Image search: [Google]
capcom.gif
194 KB, 1090x591
no?
>>
I'm still waiting for a Onimusha HD collection.
>>
>>318145016
SF is the best out of those though.
>>
>>318143037
> Valve FPS
> Bethesda RPG
> Nintendo Puzzle Adventure Platformer

Fuck up
>>
>play fine as fuck
>ruin sf
>ruin dmc
>ruin resident evil
>dragon dogma 5 fps during combat and animation stops when hitting an enemy for others 3 seconds
>mvc ruined
kill yourself shill
dunno about MH , only played the wiiu demo and was boring but what can a demo say
>>
>>318145553
> animation stops
Its called hitstop you faggot
>>
>>318145553
Then MH is not for you and you continue on with your life
>>
>>318145016
SFV mostly happened because of Sony bucks.
>>
Capcom will always remain the best from the looks of it.
Even at their worst they are better than other studios.

Their contribution to videogames is amazing.
>>
File: karin.jpg (68 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
karin.jpg
68 KB, 600x836
>>318145553
>>ruin sf
SFV looks like the best entry. USF4 became a clusterfuck. They needed to tone down that shit.

>ruin DMC
DMC4:SE was a step in the right direction

>Dragon's Dogma 5 fps
60 fps PC port next month
>>
>>318145553
It takes a few quests to start enjoying MH, but it's quite likely just not for you. I'd say you'll know if you like it when you fight your first large monster after Great Jaggi.
>>
File: monsterh.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
monsterh.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
>>318145913
MH is great. If it was on PC, a lot of /v/ would really enjoy it. It's on 3DS though and few people here play on 3DS compared to PC.
>>
This thread reminded me I still have to play through Shadow of Rome and Chaos Legion. Of course if it's not a big franchise no one discusses it anymore.
>>
>>318146052
Shadow of Rome is pretty fucking good. Hard as shit too if I remember it right.
>>
>>318146035
Yep, I only play MH because it's on the Wii U. If they don't release MHXU on Wii U, I'll probably end up buying a N3DS though.
Fucking 240p
>>
File: 1447998199140.jpg (29 KB, 692x488) Image search: [Google]
1447998199140.jpg
29 KB, 692x488
>Monster Hunter
>Street Fighter
>DMC
>Mega Man
>Dead Rising
>Dark Stalkers
>Captain Commando
>RE 1-4 and REmake
>Dragon's Dogma
>Onimusha
>Sengoku basara
>Okami
>God Hand

Pretty much.
>>
>>318146142
3DS is pretty much the worst platform for MH and it's stuck there for some reason. Vita, PC or PS4 would've been ideal.
>>
A lot of my favorite titles are from Capcom. Megaman Zero, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, DMC, Ace Attorney. Might be able to add Dragon's Dogma there next year.

I really resent their localisation practices though. I mean, it makes a lot of financial sense (there's no way you can release MH4 and MH4U in the west for example, not at full price) but it's not fun to see all your favorite franchises behind region lock.
>>
>>318142226
I love all of Capcom's games, and I have yet to play a shitty game that was developed by them

Note that I said developed, not published

I only wish we could get 2001-2008 Capcom back. We'd have that perfect balance of new ips and great sequels.
>>
>>318146313
>Vita, PC or PS4 would've been ideal
It's because the Japanese actually own 3DSs.
>>
>>318146035
Just download the MHFU iso and play it on PPSSPP if you want a MH on PC so much.
>>
>>318146313
Japanese fucking love their portables, that's why. I'd have no problem with that that if Nintendo could drastically improve the hardware and resolution in their next handheld iteration.
>>
>>318142226
Well, they still ahven't gone the Konami route, so, comparatively speaking, they're still good. When it comes to sheer gameplay and polish, Nintendo is unrivaled, though.
>>
They're one of few publishers and devs willing to change their games gameplay.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.