[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have exactly ONE (1) minute to post your game idea.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: polyneux.jpg (60 KB, 463x372) Image search: [Google]
polyneux.jpg
60 KB, 463x372
You have exactly ONE (1) minute to post your game idea.
>>
a game that isn't shit
>>
You play as Peter Molyneux pitching a game.
>>
Spore, but good.
>>
you play as a drone on an advanced aircraft carrier that's been taking over by a rogue AI. you need to hack back sections of the ship while avoiding the ship's defenses which include other drones. the gimmick is that you can upgrade your drone inside the ship with different guns, blades, bodies etc with more unlocking as you take back more of the ship
>>
A Breath of Fire clone that builds off 4's combat system but is inspired by everything else from 3.
>>
File: vidya WIP.png (3 MB, 1920x1761) Image search: [Google]
vidya WIP.png
3 MB, 1920x1761
I don't need that much time.
>>
KOTOR 3 with grey morality system, DMC style lightsaber combat and Mass Effect style force powers.
>>
Very realistic milsim.
>>
File: 1401863504107131.jpg (18 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1401863504107131.jpg
18 KB, 229x250
>>318141737
You play as a god and do whatever you want.
Start with a small tribe (optional)
Decide how you influence them and to what extent
Watch them battle other tribes for whatever reason if you want them to
Battle other Gods for supremacy if you want.
>>
It's a racing game where you can rewind time like in GRID. Halfway through the championship a few ours into the game our daughter is killed and the rest of the game you use your time rewind powers to solve her murder instead of racing. She was actually killed by yourself from the future so that he could win the big race instead of you. At the end of the game you have to race him and beat him to send him back to the future and get your daughter back.
>>
>>318142507
Isn't this basically Black and White but better?
>>
Rpg where you start out at 255 in every stat but you have to actively avoid winning battles because leveling up would cause your stats to roll over into the single digits.
>>
It's like Half life 2, but you control all combine. Strategy game if you will.
>>
File: 1401863504107132.jpg (19 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1401863504107132.jpg
19 KB, 229x250
>>318142573
Yeah
>>
>>318142630
alt: RPG where you start with every skill / magic / weaponskill / whatever and you have to ration your abilities because after every boss you lose whatever you used most in his dungeon.
>>
fallout 4 with actual choices
>>
Side with one of two factions and kill the other
Or kill both
Or kill neither
One looks good and one looks evil
They're both evil
>>
A game with Twitch integration, where all of the enemies are controlled by your viewers. Also there are RNG elements that your viewers could influence to screw you over or help you. This is the directions games are headed, might as well capitalize on it.
>>
Empire Earth with new features combined with some aspects of EE2 without becoming anything like the disaster EE3
>>
you play as a pizza boy and you kek everyone in sight
>>
>>318141737
a GTA game with sexy ninjas, horse dicks, hyperultra orcs, lewd sex everywhere, ultra erotic missions, you fuck the daughter of the president of USA

Online mode too
>>
You play as a god that is possessing his servants and embark on a quest to bring themselves into the mortal plane.
>>
tureman show 1997 meets cabin in the woods 2012 meets p.o.CgM>forEVA<startbasCIPROTICAL good good. <-see-end
>>
Open world zombie survival game with a crafting system and light rpg elements.
Bam i just saved gaming.
>>
>>318142908
With a local game mode, do you imagine the LAN potential ? Of course you'd need friends for that, but fuck we need more lan.

>>318142191
What are you waiting for to learn RPGMaker ?

>>318142689
>implying i don't already ration like a retard just in case i'd need my MPs for later
>>
File: nobynobygirl.jpg (29 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
nobynobygirl.jpg
29 KB, 500x281
>>318141737
A game where a bunch of people work together bit by bit to unlock a mystery prize
also it's not made by a grandstanding british douche and it lasts 7 years instead of 9 months
and there's actually something at the end
>>
Oppression simulator, you can choose to play muh oppressed life or muh privilege life. Countless options
>play as a cop and go around power abusing
>play a ghetto wog and get shot
>play a privileged white cis male and shoot up a school
>play as hitler and gas people
>play as a refugee and rape people
>>
File: Bear.jpg (168 KB, 726x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bear.jpg
168 KB, 726x1024
>>
So it gets quickly stolen like the idea behind Rumblr?
Fuck that.
>>
File: 1447810823221.jpg (104 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447810823221.jpg
104 KB, 768x1024
>>318143427
RPGmaker is garbage and people that expect people to pay for their projects made it in are dumb.
>>
>>318142272
>weeb
Ok, doesn't see the pro....

>WRPG quests
"Here's a list of shit i need, go fetch it"
>REALLY GOOD OST
Calm down Beethoven, you're too subjective there.
>Open-ish, no multiplayer, LONG
Bethesda already do that and it's shit.
>All the playable characters are gay
Stopped reading there.

tl;dr : It's liquid shit.
>>
A third-person medieval fantasy game, which starts off light and cliched but goes full Drakengard by the end. You find out as the game goes along that the game is set after a post-apocalyptic future where the world has slowly rebuilt itself, and much of the game is spent exploring forgotten futuristic ruins and discovering hi-tech equipment to mix with your own.

Combat starts slow-paced but builds as the game goes on to a Bayonetta level, and magic can be completely customized in terms of size, shape, design, effects, etc. Being too violent and cruel will also affect the characters' sanity, which can cause Eternal Darkness-esque tricks and hallucinations on the player.

If it got turned into a series, I'd also want to introduce what I call 'retroactive storytelling', where save data from the sequels would unlock new cutscenes in previous games about plot revelations, etc.
>>
>>318143882
If you do it for money, you're Electronic Arts-level retarded.
>>
>>318143747
10/10 WOULD BEAR
>>
Popeye beat em up. 2D hand painted backgrounds with 3D characters. Leveling up with move unlocking.

City building aspect. Will follow the comic strip for story.

Make your own toon with different body parts (fat, skinny, short, tall, big nose, small nose, etc) or play as one of five toons with their own move (popeye, olive, wimpy, bluto, castor).

Collect hidden character cards based on comic strip toons to unlock body parts and clothe patterns.

Debug mode to fuck around with.
>>
>>318141737
You are a guy, have a lot of friends and go to church, it starts like a walking simulator, like the beginning of Half-Life, all your friends commit sins, and you have the option to snitch on them or not, then depending of the circumstances in the end the world enters the apocalypse and each of your friends represents the 7 sins and the 4 apocalypse horsemen.
I had nothing better to do
>>
>>318145285
And then you get a COMP with the demon summoning program?
>>
The Shovel Knight of PSX RPGs.
>>
>>318141737
Hypno-fetish RPG where battles consist of you hypnotizing people while they try to resist you. Your party members are people you've trained to help you bring others under your control. Your attacks are hypnotic phrases.
>>
It's like Insurgency but set during multiple different wars like WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Iraq etc. With lots of maps for each war and with lots of popularity. Oh and it has to have vehicles.
>>
>>318143903
>"Here's a list of shit i need, go fetch it"
Pretty ebin desu. That actually sounds more like JRPG quests.
>Bethesda already do that and it's shit.
Yeah, because Bethesda is shit.
>Stopped reading there.
At least you read until the end, I appreciate it.
>>
fallout 4's settlements as a standalone game but without it being a buggy piece of shit and things actually attack you
>>
File: 131878887898.jpg (136 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
131878887898.jpg
136 KB, 400x400
Binding of isaacesque chalice dungeons.
AKA you start naked and find random gear along the way. no lamps, permadeath. Make it happen From
>>
TBS ala HoMM, with a modern fantasy/conspiracy setting rather than a traditional fantasy setting.
>>
>>318142908
That actually sounds fun (after some small tweaks).
>>
>>318141737
A 40k battle simulator allowing you to adjust factions, unit compositions, battle conditions, etc.
>>
A DnD guild manager game
>>
>>318142908
sounds good on paper but is impractical
>>
I had a dream last night which I really want to make into a game. You play as a detective on a missing persons case, looking for a little girl. You receive an anonymous letter in the mail stating you have 10 days to solve the case before the end of the world occurs. The letter has photos of the player character walking out of their apartment, going to work, etc. they're being watched and the letter sender wanted them to know.

First-person, segregated by maps that can only be accessed from your flat or from the office. You have to use your own intuition, not that shit from Condemned where you automatically select the right toll for the job. Gotta ask the right questions to the suspects, etc. You could very well cause suspects to simply clam up and thus lose their insight for the rest of the 10 days.

Once per real life 24 hours, you have the option to play as the little girl in her last days before her disappearance. This is where things are not what they seem, as supernatural and unexplained elements make themselves known to the girl and the player. There would be a lot of fourth wall fuckery like the "quit game" option simply disappearing altogether, the splash screen becoming more and more strange as you progress through the girl's story. If you die though, you have to wait until the 24 hours are up again. The girl's portion would be more akin to a kind of pseudo Mirror's Edge, lots of running away from bad shit as opposed to attacking. Puzzles ala Silent Hill/Resident Evil etc.

I'd need about 5 million dollars though.
>>
>>318146630
So, any roguelike?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.