[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is NeverWinter Nights 2 worth playing through? Is NWN 1 a better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: NWN2.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
NWN2.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
Is NeverWinter Nights 2 worth playing through?

Is NWN 1 a better experience?
>>
File: BLEACH.jpg (67 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
BLEACH.jpg
67 KB, 1080x608
No and no.
>>
>>318135343
Neither were great single player games (besides Mask of the Betrayer). They are remembered fondly for the user made campaigns and persistent worlds (essentially mini mmos).
>>
>>318135343
NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer is great, rest of the game, MP included is garbage. NWN1 has Hordes of the Underdark and a few Premium Modules (now free) that were god tier as well as countless Player Made ones that are amazing. It also still has very active multiplayer. I highly recommend it.
>>
i only played the NWN demo back in the day and always thought it was extremely shitty and a massive disappointment after BG2

>>318135881
that sounds pretty dank though.
>>
File: scumbags.jpg (49 KB, 648x332) Image search: [Google]
scumbags.jpg
49 KB, 648x332
Kaedrin update literally never

>>318135343
NWN2 main campaign is really weak for a while but picks up a bit of steam after the trial. The whole experience is just good enough anyway.

Give it a go and switch to mask of the betrayer if you give up or finish the campaign

Roll a 2h bard, they're the shit they get lots of social skills, can buff like crazy and are ok fighters
>>
File: scumbag.jpg (46 KB, 648x332) Image search: [Google]
scumbag.jpg
46 KB, 648x332
>>318138836
MOOOT

;_;
>>
yes, mostly because the MC of mask of the betrayer is the same one as in NWN2, so play them both, MotB is one of the best rpgs made

in case of NWN1, well when I played it it was my first crpg so I loved it, but on its own merits its pretty weak, the expansions are good though, especially hordes of underdark, but for that one you need to play shadows of something first since again its the same MC
>>
>>318138836
r-r those d-dolls yours?
>>
>>318135343
Mask of the Betrayer is extemely worth it
>>
>>318139285
nah, 4chan messed up
I saw the original post on the first page a while ago though, he has a shit ton of them on a glass cabinet
>>
>>318138836
Warlocks are also good
very good conversation skills and not too much stat spread
>>
Thanks for the feedback I'll give NWN2 it a shot
>>
I've found it worth playing, though it starts slow, very slow. Took me two attempts to get anywere interesting, but past that, it was definitly worth it.

I still somewhat prefer the first. Maybe just because of how broken casters are. 3.0 wizard with no real resting restrictions is imba.
>>
>play OC
>get a little into Act 3 did one of the three major mcguffin quests
>stop playing
;_;
>>
>>318135343
Second game is poor man's baldurs gate.
I prefer the first game with conception of lonely adventurer with occasional companions.
>>
>>318139714
nah, without kaedrin's they're too weak for my tastes

Once they get both chain and blind essence they become the shit
>>
>>318138254
Why did NWN2 multiplayer never become as popular as the original?
>>
>>318141456
More people played the original years after NWN2 was released. I was one of them and NWN was my favorite online rpg experience.
>>
>>318135343
Neeshka and Nathyrra best girls.
>>
>>318143681
Drow chicks are the best in Faerun.
>>
>>318141456

NWN2 ran like shit, had awful animations compared to NWN but most importantly it changed the way the toolset worked. Making modules in NWN was just way easier. No one really wanted to put in the effort of recreating massive persistent worlds on a worse toolset for basically just a graphics update.
>>
>>318141456
>>318142570
>>318144345
Also some base engine/rule changes as well.

>Remember all those buffies your class could cast, especially as a paladin and ranger?

>Well fuck you. You get shoe-horned more into very temporary buffs AND your duration are cut in half! Oh and half your buffs no longer stack with your equipment.

And so on and so forth, and I didn't even play the above classes. NWN1 was fun whether non-epic or epic levels added.

Also:

>Allowing shadow dancers on the server.
>>
>>318144730

Yeah the whole counterspell mechanic was also removed. It was mostly used in team pvp servers but it was still great.
>>
>>318135343
Keep in mind, I play tabletop with friends regularly, so I could be a little harsh

>NWN 2
Quit halfway through main campaign, mainly because I lost saves (and partially because of a loss of interess)

Got back to play MotB only this year, while I enjoyed the campaign and it's far better than the OC, I must say that it's way too much overrated on this board.

As for the MP, there still are active servers (I think) but I found it to be very skimpy (again, I play tabletop, so I'm making an unfair comparison here). You can have fun with a good DM tho

>NWN
Played after the second, had a somewhat nicer graphics (but that's probably because it ran better on my antediluvian machine). The OC is worse than the NWN 2 one (maybe I'm saying so because I played it after my HDD crashed and I lost the saves of the first one). Didn't try the expansions, a dance with rogues was funny.

On a side related note, should you ever have the need to do so, avoid Sword coast legends like plague. It's everything NWN 1/2 shouldn't have been (expecially in DM mode).
>>
>>318144918
>of the first one
of the second one*
>>
>>318144152
I prefer Drow males.
>>
File: what v says during sex.jpg (352 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
what v says during sex.jpg
352 KB, 1000x1500
>>318135343
>Is NeverWinter Nights 2 worth playing through?
Yes, its alright. Expansions are great.

>Is NWN 1 a better experience?
No, but the custom modules for it are better, as the modding scene is more developed.
>>
>>318144918
>Dance with rogues

It this the official /v/ approved module?
>>
>>318145346
its kinda shit imo, if you get your hand of your dick and actually pay attention you realise that its just dull (oh and to have any motivation to finish it I cheated in boots of haste that I would equip when I had to run around the city for ages)
>>
>>318145346
Its a low quality implementation of a good design philosophy towards how a smut game should be handled.

If we keep posting it maybe someone someplace will make a high quality implementation of this design.
>>
>>318144730
>You get shoe-horned more into very temporary buffs AND your duration are cut in half!
That's because of the change to 3.5.
>>
>>318145558
>console add boots of haste

I've done this in every module. They should all include some sort of hasted boots which you can acquire early in the adventure.
>>
>>318143681
>Neeshka
Nah. Neeshka a shit. Qara>Neeshka
>>
>>318145816
Quara is a normie, Neeshka is our girl.
>>
>>318145748
It would help if NWN and NWN2's walking pace weren't at the speed of a snail. It's not like D:OS or BG2, where you can split up the party and have them doing different stuff while you're dealing with it.
>>
>>318145816
Qara got slashed
>>
File: rocks fall.png (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
rocks fall.png
46 KB, 640x640
>>318145986
Actually she got smashed.
>>
>>318146068
well in my game she joined the king of shadows because she was too buttblasted about sand, so I killed the dumb bitch
>>
>>318146843
Sand, the absolute zinger that he is, was my main man. No way I am standing with some schoolgirl over him.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.