[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do you guys think. I really like it but I feel like its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: rainbow1.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbow1.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
So what do you guys think. I really like it but I feel like its going to get old fast.
>>
Really? Nobody?
>>
It's awful.
>>
>>318132618
I'm enjoying the Terrorist Hunt but really I'm just a sucker for those co-op modes. Only bought it because haha $30 shady CD key resellers.
>>
It's unplayable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-KfKS9KNY
>>
rubberbanding, graphics aren't that good, defending team is literally just sitting around and waiting, getting killed when in cover, game is just trash
>>
Mediocre. Outside of matchmaking and server issues, these are my problems

>SO MANY FUCKING MENUS
Why the fuck is there so many god damn menus and picking shit between gameplay? Even THunt has no quick retry, you have to watch the end of round bullshit, then the post-match bullshit, vote retry, reload into the same map, repick your fucking character and start spot and go. EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
Actual 5v5 is way worse than this aswell
>Can't pick the maps you want to play, or mode
Why is THIS A FUCKING THING? Especially for god damn THunt I don't want the same map on 2 different mods or day/night, I want this other fucking map because I haven't played it yet.

God damn there is so much not-gameplay to get to the okay-gameplay.
>>
Camp: the game
>>
It's alright...
Not worth anymore than 20 bucks imo
It's going to be popular for a bit then die out when people realize it's the same shit over and over again
>>
File: what the fuck.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.webm
2 MB, 960x540
It's okay if you have 4 friends to play with.

The technical aspect of it is traight trash though. The matchmaking is beyond terrible and the netcode is fucking shit. Worst than BF4 on release.
>>
>>318134729
I agree it'll probably die out pretty quick but
>when people realize it's the same shit over and over again
Isn't always the case, look at Counter Strike's popularity. Same-y gameplay is okay so long as the games good.
>>
>>318134153
kek
>>
>>318135353

i just played a few rounds. feels good to me. i feel like if you had a bunch of friends on mics, you could come up with some serious tactical bullshit. guns feel pretty good, and i like the way you can destroy most walls.

will give it a go for a bit longer.
so far this beta is much better than battlefronts. im actually still interested after the first round.
>>
I only find terrorist hunt enjoyable from what little i've played of the multiplayer, I wish i could try more but the servers are fucking garbage
>>
File: rainbowsixlegs.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbowsixlegs.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318132618
I feel the same.

Also there are some moments of straight up bullshit. Getting hit by enemies who can't see you, falling off of a roof because it decides you weren't rapelling, and webm related (the legs)
>>
I'm having fun but I have a group I met in the technical beta
>>
>>318134349
>SO MANY FUCKING MENUS

Holy shit, this. I was only able to play like two rounds before I got frustrated with the amount of shit I has to navigate though, the waiting time to do absolutely anything is insufferable.
>>
>>318138263
>i feel like if you had a bunch of friends on mics, you could come up with some serious tactical bullshit. guns feel pretty good, and i like the way you can destroy most walls.
Please be bait
>>
Does anyone else play shotgun with no ironsights ever?
>>
>>318132618
Honestly I'm in two minds
>>
Could've been more fun if they had dedicated servers.
>>
>>318139090

nah man. but then again im a casual so i dont really give a fuck and dont pick apart games like most of /v/ does.
>>
it seems like the optimal camping spots for each room in each map would be discovered very quickly and that would take a toll on the fun
>>
File: shotgunteamkills.webm (3 MB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
shotgunteamkills.webm
3 MB, 750x410
>>318139216
Yes

With mixed results
>>
File: shotgunkills.webm (3 MB, 1000x528) Image search: [Google]
shotgunkills.webm
3 MB, 1000x528
>>318139216
>>318140425
>>
>>318140225
At least you admit you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>318134153
That's weird because I've been playing it.
>>
So it's good?
>>
>>318140825
He just did.
>>
>>318138263
>i feel like if you had a bunch of friends on mics, you could come up with some serious tactical bullshit
This applies to pretty much every single multiplayer game ever, though.
>>
Imagine if they instead of making "Dudebro simulator 2015" AKA "Action shooter #45", they made a realistic swat/ special police/ATF simulator.

Now that would've been interesting. Swat 3 and 4 are some of the most fun games I've played.
>>
the hit reg is fucking abysmal and after having played the closed beta with two of my closest friends (read: provided the best circumstances this game could have at being enjoyable) it was still awful.

i have actually spent time away from 4chan literally contemplating the how and the why people have defended this game on here. it is truly bad.
>>
>tfw never having friends to play with

I almost wisht here was just a /v/ steam chatroom to hang out in and play vidya in. Yeah, /v/ is mostly faggots, but even faggots are ok if I could enjoy a coop game once in a while.
>>
>>318143071
I'm down for co-op if the fucking servers would fucking connect
>>
>>318143172
Are the servers down or something?
>>
>>318143275
Yeah I can launch the game but there's no co-op or pvp for me right now
>>
>>318143172
Try this. Start the beta, get to the part where it searches for servers. It'll take forever and then tell you the servers are down. You should be on the main menu now, but none of the options are available. Just wait a bit and it'll reconnect. I'm not sure why this works, but it does for me. From there you're fine.
>>
>>318143361
No dice. Just refreshes the menu and tries to connect again.
>>
>>318143678
Damn. Sorry man.
>>
>>318143678
Same for me. Bravo ubi
>>
>>318134328
>defending team is literally just sitting around and waiting

Only if they're bad
>>
>>318132618

I'm currently loving it. But I feel like there's gonna be a set 'meta' pretty quick and all the bullshit that accompanies that.
I'm really enjoying the emergent gameplay that comes from everyone not having much map knowledge and I will never tire of whispering sweet "Tango Down", I love perfectly timed room breaching, flashbangs and blowing holes in walls.

I do not love; silent team mates who want to play it like CS or CoD. I fear the maps will be boiled down to optimal strats and playing outside those strats will led to mass autism. Gun play is solid, and relies on fast decisive actions rather than memorizing recoil patterns and shit.

Some sort of randomly generated killhouse or perhaps more elements of the maps being randomized would help. A lot of people have been saying it doesn't play like the old R6, but I really feel that it's coming from the same place and that it -for the most part- rewards the same play styles as the old games. The fundamentals of room clearing, flash and go, stacking up and communication are all rewarded, some elements are enhanced and I understand the need to "spice things up" and create more counter play options but I feel that the basics of a team working together with simultaneous breaches and flashes is hard to beat and that makes me happy.

I'm holding judgment till release, but I have really enjoyed it so far.
>>
I played for the first time last night for like 3 hours with no server issues on PS4. Seemed fun to me. For people bitching about camping spots, isn't that what all the heartbeat detection/rolly drones/wall-breaching explosives are meant to address?
>>
Any potential good aspects of the game is ruined by shitty hit detection and the terrible networking

Its 20 fucking 15. Having a server list and player hosted servers as the basis for all games modes should be compulsory.
>>
>>318143332
>>318144069
Servers are down for scheduled maintenance, check their twitter. Hopefully patches.

>>318147910
To add, I've not had any hit reg issues or glaring netcode, but I'm pretty sure my data centre is aus only and therefore im not getting any indos and hues on 500 ping.

The menus are fucking trash though. If you join mid game you have to go fullscreen-windowed-fullscreen for any menus to load and sometimes buttons just refuse to work.
>>
File: .png (20 KB, 349x164) Image search: [Google]
.png
20 KB, 349x164
>>318143071
these nerds might be active
>>
>>318139216
Shotguns still suffer from god rays at point blank and cotton candy at any range unfortunately.

And not even consistent damage, if you shoot at someone a few meters away you might not even hit at all, which makes no sense since a shotgun would cover a hallway in pellets.
>>
>>318148213
isn't that just a generic /vg/ group?

I'll start a Rainbow 6 general in /vg/ if people are interested and if it's popular make a steam group.
>>
>>318148280
>which makes no sense since a shotgun would cover a hallway in pellets.

Especially given that counter terrorist forces use rounds which spread a lot with less velocity, idea being that they'll not batter through a wall and kill hostages on the other side. But hey, this game isn't exactly trying for realism, unfortunately.
>>
>>318148280
>which makes no sense since a shotgun would cover a hallway in pellets
>I'll take People That Have Never Fired a Shotgun, for $500 Alex.
>>
>>318148457
I own a shotgun smartass and yes, it would cover an entire hallway in pellets beyond a certain range.

The issue is that if someone is the middle of your crosshair and beyond a few meters you may miss entirely, which makes absolutely no fucking sense.
>>
>>318148457
Not all shotgun shells work the same. Birdshot will, a slug won't.
>>
>>318148446
>Especially given that counter terrorist forces use rounds which spread a lot with less velocity, idea being that they'll not batter through a wall and kill hostages on the other side.
Hostage rescue will be hilarious in Siege, every gun penetrates like mad so the hostage kills is going to be endless.
>>
>>318148660
>no character with who use different shell types
>cant change ammo types for more/less penetration on any of the guns
Talk about missed opportunity.
>>
>>318148595
>I own a shotgun smartass and yes, it would cover an entire hallway in pellets beyond a certain range.
Yeah, and that range would be well over 50 yards.
>>318148660
see above.

Shotguns, sans 3 inch barrel sawn-offs do not just blast pellets in a 180 degree arc you nogunz plebs, at 20 yards birdshot would have a spread the size of a fucking basketball.
>>
>>318148830
>Yeah, and that range would be well over 50 yards.
Pfthha, okay, so YOU have never fired a shotgun before. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
Pretty gud but not worth the $60 tag.
Also it's gonna have a cash shop
>>
>>318148830
>Yeah, and that range would be well over 50 yards.
What the fuck are you smoking

At 15 meters you would absolutely coat an area in pellets
>>
>>318148939
>>318148830
>u r no guns
>no u r a no guns
>am too a guns
>nuh uh

http://www.rem870.com/2013/02/22/effective-ranges-for-buckshot-birdshot-and-slugs/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/04/myth-busting-1-per-yard-shotgun-pattern-spreads/

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/buckshot-lethal-50-yards/

So instead of calling each other faggots and noguns I did a little research and the general consensus is that shotgun spread for standard loads, from standard shotguns is LESS than 1 inch per yard traveled.

Go to /k/ if you want to argue this shit, let's talk about the game.
>>
>>318142923
It's a tactical shooter with destructible environments. There's a bit more thought process that goes into this game then your average multiplayer game.
>>
>>318149225
I'm completely lost at what the fuck you are even trying to prove here.
You just showed me links that said exactly what I have been saying this entire time. That a shotgun firing birdshot would not cover an entire hallway.
>>
>>318149141
you are fucktarded, almost as autistic as the guy here: >>318149225 trying to argue with me and proving my exact point.
>>
been in multiple betas for r6siege so far, here are a few problems i have (most have been constant throughout all betas):

>netcode is shit
>when you drop from a match due to bad connection or high ping, there's no option to reconnect
>you get zero renown at the end of a match, even if you stomp, if someone leaves early on your team
>killcams are completely fucked, sometimes they'll show that someone was shooting at me for a good few seconds when they only killed me in like one shot
>some operators are downright shit or are not worth taking most of the time because other operators are better (tuchanka, ash)
>attackers who don't have thermite and defenders who don't have mute will most likely lose

I'm glad they finally nerfed shields though, that shit was insane
>>
ubi is trying so hard to make it happen. They keep holding tourneys and shit in my city. They also have been making promotional Twitch stream tourneys. Too bad the game is ded on arrival.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1326x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1326x832
>>318148727
The whole game is one big missed opportunity
I can't believe it will be out in 5 days. The beta feels more like alpha, especially considering terrible net code. They should either cancel or delay this game
>>
>>318149648
>>you get zero renown at the end of a match, even if you stomp, if someone leaves early on your team
Those are two separate things. The 0 renown has nothing to do with someone leaving.
I've had dozens of games where over half my team left and I still got boatloads of renown.
>level 26 masterrace
>>
>>318148127
>Its 20 fucking 15
and?
>>
>>318132618
Concept is great. I think it's the best non co op rainbow six multiplayer yet.
Execution is incredibly fucking weak and relies on casuals not knowing/caring about hit reg.

The fact that it costs 50 squid is going to kill it day one because it's worth £15 at most or deserves to be a F2P game.
I really want to know what Ubisoft are thinking because it only takes a glance to realise that they are going to kill this game very quickly especially when you are releasing it around FO4 and SWBF:EA
>>
>>318149408
For the record I'm calling you both retarded, not for the content of your argument, because one of you has been conclusively proved wrong, but for the manner in which you went about it.
I'm showing you that you could have ended this argument in a single post with what was literally 15 seconds of googling by posting literally any evidence instead of just sperging out with anecdotal shit that's impossible to prove.
>hurr but i own a shotgun and u don't, fag
which is the exact same as me telling you I own 6 Lamborghini's.

I'm starting to understand why this game will go to the shitter if this is the playerbase.
>>
It just closes every few minutes for me, impossible to complete anything. Apparently pretty common as well.
So not really fun for me.
>>
>>318149856
>I'm starting to understand why this game will go to the shitter if this is the playerbase.
nigger, you are the faggots killing the more realism-heavy games.
They got almost all the guns in this game almost as perfect as they could. I know this because I have worked in a Class 3 FFL (read: we have automatics) gun store for the better part of a decade. You faggots coming in here crying about how a shotgun doesn't level a city block when you fire it at a guy across the map need to go play something else.
If the playerbase is shitty, it will be because of you.

Why bitch about guns and how they work, when you have no fucking idea how they work?
>>
>>318132618
I've only played in the open beta, had no real interest in the game till yesterday when I heard about it and had nothing to do.
Gameplay is interesting but gets old reasonably quick, which could be helped by having a lot more maps, which is a massive side effect that game developers are suffering from these days when trying to cater to the DotA and Counter Strike crowd.

I haven't been running into this rubberbanding that a lot of people have been talking about and the netcode leaves a lot to be desired, other than that it's a decent shooter. Nothing to write home about.
>>
>>318150365
I'm not talking about guns. I never was. Read the post.
I'm talking about a lack of reading comprehension and basic argumentative skills.

And again, you've failed to read the post, gone off on a tangent and posted anecdotal evidence to corroborate your unrelated claim. My problem with the 'playerbase' is neatly and succinctly captured in both your replies.
>>
>>318151101
apparently you don't understand the point of my post. Most of the people that play rainbow, are into guns, and tactical shit, so apparently you're going to be in for a fucking surprise when most of the community doesn't blindly accept a stupid cunts fallacies about firearms.
It's a realism game, and that other faggot had no idea what he was talking about, it was not realistic, truly a thing of dreams.
>>
>>318132618
Will probably pick it up on sale.
It's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of a tactical shooter these days. You can't just run and gun or solo an entire team like you can in CoD or CS:GO even if you have god-tier reflexes since proper planning and flanking will always trump reflexes.

That said, the matchmaking is STILL SHIT (although it's a bit better) and the net code is terrible. I heard that the servers are good (can confirm too since I always get sub 70ping on them), but the tic rate feels like it's 15 or something and that's simply unacceptable for a 'competitive' shooter.

Also, IQ a QT and I can see her being a primary pick in all games at higher skill level.
>>
>>318134908
Yeah, but csgo is very skill based. If your aim is shit, you will be shit. That makes you want to play the game over and over again.
>>
i played 2 games and got kinda bored

seems like the servers are fucked now again too
>>
>>318148213
these faggoty groups cant converse without trying to use greentext or memes. i would rather play alone than with anyone from here
>>
>>318132618

I loved the gameplay during the technical test and closed beta but I dont even want to play it now during open beta... too stale too fast.

Also matchmaking and hitboxes and shit beyond belief.
>>
>>318132618
>I really like it but I feel like its going to get old fast.
it's good, and it will get old fast.
can't compete with cs and it's ranking system/population
>>
>>318152474
I only played in technical test and found it to be complete shit.
>>
>>28015641
I think (at least the army issue) isreali pressure bandages kinda suck. The tabs suck, the pressure isn't enough sometimes.

>>318143042
The only thing missing for this game is communication, tasers, cuffs, and shootable dogs
>>
>>318132618
Crashed my system 2 times without any further damage, third one crashed some run-time libraries resulting in a broken Windows i had to fix, fourth one crashed my system with no survivors.
10/10
>>
>>318154323

Did you have to build a new computer to post this comment?
>>
>>318143071
/k/ has one. But they're normies
>2015
>playing red orchestra 2
>actually playing battlefront and fallout 4
>>
>>318147910
>implying "memorizing" sprays is hard
For both the ak and m4, its literally "pull down a bit" for the first 10 shots. This is similar how you adjust for recoil IRL, and IRL the time it takes to say "die motherfucker die" is as long as you would ever burst.

Not that it matters because you would go full auto with a m4 IRL anyhow, keep it on semi and double tap
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.