[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>less than 1000 viewers on Twitch right now What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: halo5_0.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
halo5_0.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>less than 1000 viewers on Twitch right now

What went wrong?
>>
>>318132363
I think the question is what exactly were they hoping to do right?
>>
What is 343 doing wrong /v/?
>>
>Twitch viewer count is now accepted as a game's popularity
What went wrong?
>>
>>318132363

Because people are actually playing it.
>>
>>318132948
Game also sold far less than the previous Halo games taking into account the time span.

So within a month all Halo games sold much better than 5 has within the same timeframe.
>>
>>318132948
>>318133129
Here's source btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyFIbl9BP0
>>
Everything has no viewers on twitch these days
70k on some shitty moba and the down to like 7 for CoD
>>
>>318133129
A lot of hyped games came out at the same time, probably had a big impact on Halo sales
>>
>>318133489
>A lot of hyped games came out at the same time

This is a lame excuse man. Winter time was always the time of huge video game releases. This has always been a thing for many years. Halo has always consistently been a huge seller but it is clear that there has been a massive drop in popularity and sales now. Population for Halo 4 died quick and 5 looks as if it's going to not even reach 4's peak.
>>
>>318133273
why does number of copies sold have to do with anything about the quality of the game?

why does he affirm fans moved away. I´m a fan, my friends are fans and we all got the game.
>>
>>318134006
I don't think you paid attention to that guys point. Guy in video was saying that 5 (I would say 4 and Reach did as well) has likely alienated the older fanbase. Change can either work or not work. It depends on if the people see it as a good enough change or not.

RE4 for the most part it seems people saw it as a good change. RE5 sold even more but I think Capcom didn't fully understand what people liked about 4. Me personally I still prefer RE 1-3 to 4. That's why imo RE6 saw a decline in sales from 5.

A lot of times the game after the previous game in a series will either suffer or benefit from the previous game. If previous game in a series wasn't too well received then the next game will take a hit. If previous game was loved then the next game benefits even more in most cases.

I think it's very much true a lot of fans were alienated from these new Halo games. Just because you and your buddies enjoyed it doesn't mean every single "fan" has to think like you guys did. Fans are fans no matter what really. Doesn't matter if someone says I'm only a CE fan or another says he is a fan of all of Halo works. They both are still fans at the end of the day. Numbers are showing Halo's fanbase is shrinking buddy.
>>
>>318133129
>Dev fucks up beginning of new trilogy
>Promises to make next one better
>Fans collectively give up on series
>Next game comes out
>Has objectively best multiplayer out of all games in series
>Only diehard fans get it
>WHAT WENT WRONG

What a shame.
>>
halo reach
>>
OLD
AND
BUSTED
>>
>>318132363
>halo 5
that went wrong
first they fuck up the whole game after getting rights to it and then think they can still milk money out of it
>>
It was 2 hours long
>>
>>318134006
i was a fan until i got reach and never bought another halo game again
>>
>>318136470
Have you even played the game? Halo 4 was dogshit but they actually did a good job this time around.
>>
The fight was supposed to be finished after 3.
>>
>>318132363
Speaking just of the twitch viewership

No vast amount of prize money will ever make the competitive scene into what it was 2004-2009
>>
>>318136589
of course i haven't played the fucking game just like i haven't played battlefield 4, cods after waw or post-lich king wow.
there's was nothing to make me believe they would manage to do shit and multiplayer is not enough to make me buy a game when there's bound to be shitton of paid dlc
>>
Reach killed the series tbqh
>>
>>318136862
but.. all the maps & shit are free, anon.
>>
>>318136862
Okay, anon, what do you play?
>>
>>318132363
Pandering to MLG pros is a surefire way to kill your game out the door.
>>
>>318136993
currently champions of norrath, occasionally avernum, dungeon keeper 2, risk of rain, battlefront 2 and rising storm.
what about it?
>>
>>318136862
You hate the game because of its multiplayer and probably future DLC...the MP is its best aspect and the DLCs are free...so this is neo-/v/ shitposting, huh. You could've at least done some research and I'm sorry your parents couldn't afford a second console this year.
>>
>>318136927
well, that i didn't know and i guess neither does many other who just gave up on the whole series and avoid it like plague to prevent the knife from turning in the wound
>>
>>318137212
>You hate the game because of its multiplayer and probably future DLC
now point me where i exactly say i hate the game because of multiplayer, you assuming piece of shit.
i hate the game in general, campaign has been shit from reach and multiplayer ain't enough to save it, fucktard
>>
File: 1430444656439.png (1 MB, 1616x2920) Image search: [Google]
1430444656439.png
1 MB, 1616x2920
>>318132926
Trying to replace Bungie's legacy with their own.

>Who needs the Rookie when you got Team Osiris?
>Who needs ODSTs when you got Spartan IVs?
>Who needs neural interfaces when you have gun optics?
>Who needs lore continuity when you can just bring Spartan IIs back (I know they weren't really dead, but Bungie didn't seem to intend using them)
>>
File: 1448164561396.png (351 KB, 786x600) Image search: [Google]
1448164561396.png
351 KB, 786x600
>>318137431
>>
most people who play halo 5 don't even know what twitch is

most people who play on console never even heard of twitch and that's the mainstream vidya audience

if you look at stream numbers right now on twitch they are pathetic
>>
>>318137453
>Who needs lore continuity when you can just bring Spartan IIs back (I know they weren't really dead, but Bungie didn't seem to intend using them)

Smart of Bungie to do that. These other character blow massive fucking cocks. They suck and no one should ever care about them. They are quite obnoxious as well. The games were better when it was just Chief solo kicking ass with a bit of Arbiter in between.
>>
File: 1447538362577.gif (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447538362577.gif
50 KB, 400x300
>>318137701
>They're all pretty much better, incredibly specialized version of Chief
>Chief's just that "lucky" guy who had the strength to be a leader
Please give me the name of Spartans who are "massive fucking cocks". If you understood their origins you'd know none of them are fucking obnoxious about why they exist, unlike literally whos that can be Spartan 4's.
>>
Buck should of been the leader of Osiris. Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.
>>
File: 1430444145247.jpg (901 KB, 1260x1938) Image search: [Google]
1430444145247.jpg
901 KB, 1260x1938
>>318137453
Fuck it, lets keep going
.Who needs the Flood or the Covenant when you got the Storm Covenant and Whoever the Fuck that Forerunner Guy Was (not reading the book)
>Who needs the Arbiter when you got Locke?
>Who needs the emotional tension (even if you can barely call it emotion from John) between Cortana and the Chief in 4 when you can just clap your hands and bring her back?
>Who needs Halos anymore when you have Guardians and Death Spheres?
>>
>>318132363
BLUE
and
ORANGE
>>
>>318132363
They are playing the game?

Who would want to watch other people play Call of Duty or Battlefield?
>>
>>318138201
only little kids watch twitch, Halo fans have grown up know, so I doubt they spend their time watching twitch.
>>
>>318137453
>>318138094
Considering all the changes, they at least had the audacity to explain why everything is the way it is, instead of Halo 4's lazy ass "i guess you'll find out in the sequel :3" reasoning.
>>
>Microtransactions
>>
The thing that pisses me off is that Cortana doesn't have Logic Plague.

There's a perfectly good lore explanation for why she would lose her shit from exposure to the Domain and they just went "lol nope its something else :3" and it's stupid.
>>
>>318138265
I hate to break it to you

but well, most of the 20-somethings I work with watch twitch in some way, shape, or form

Some watch mobas, some watching fighting games, some watch e-celebs
but most watch in some way
>>
>>318137895
That's another thing that kind of got me in 4
In the original Bungie trilogy, John's only real gimmick was his luck. Not skill, dumb luck. Then comes along and all of the sudden you got a ghost alien lady going "ur the chosen 1"
>>
>>318132363
>Fucked up the aiming
>Only 5 playlists
>All ranked
>Least game modes in the series
>Custom games are fucked
>Warzone gets old fast
>Campaign is complete garbage
>no Splitscreen

Bravo 343. Hope that "e-sports" thing works out for you
>>
>>318138606
Not the guy you're replying to, but the people I know only watch Twitch for tournies, or streaming within the group. I only know one chick who literally spends the whole day watching Twitch, but she's a fatass who only pretends to play games to fit in. My little cousins are the only people I know who make references to Twitch or treat it as their day job.
>>
This is a clear sign that xbone is dead,So Microsoft declares Xbone their final console and Sony fans rejoice. Until their worst nightmare of always on connection and used copy restriction has been set for the new Playstation 5.
>>
>>318138606
that's another thing

I watch Evo too and other really good tournaments but those are rare

Watching some random playing a shitty game that's definitely something only millennials would do. The Minecraft generation,future kekolds.
>>
>>318138926
Oh yeah, I don't know anyone who lives by twitch or any shit like that, but it's definitely sort of taken on part of the role TV has had.
People will watch maybe 1-2 tv shows and then a few twitch channels as well
>>
>>318139021
Unless you are 40 years old you are a millennial
>>
>>318132363
Can I say everything?
>>
>>318132363
Can I say everything? Or nah
>>
>>318132363
disappointing as fuck

also "big" team battle, lel
>>
File: Faggot Eternal.png (1 MB, 1068x1048) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Eternal.png
1 MB, 1068x1048
>>318136064
>Has objectively best multiplayer out of all games in series
I wonder how you come to that conclusion considering Halo 2 exists... Also, aim acceleration should instantly removes Halo 5 from that conversation. Moreover, Halos with sprint always seem to battle with themselves so,......
OT: What went wrong OP? Bungie left and 343 happened to Halo.
>>
>>318140365
That's another thing wrong. Halo was a series that made FPS on a console work. The controls were simple enough and the gameplay was great. Then Halo 5 comes along and has all these stupid ass movements that makes you fight more with your controller than the enemies on screen. They are also just a copy paste of Titanlel and CoD games now since those games did it first.
>>
>>318140561
>stupid ass movements that make you fight more with your controller than the enemies on screen.
Do you really find thrusters and clambering that difficult? Because you might just be retarded.
>>
>>318140836
>making excuses for shit design

That's not what Halo should be about.
>>
>>318140561
Its like 343 just doesnt realize that Halo people dont want COD stuff into their Halo! They just dont get it!
>>318140836
I dont think thats exactly what he meant.
The problem with all this stupid ass movements and sprint is that maps have to be balanced for them and that ends up sacrificing certain things that made Halo 1-3 special. Even to a degree lolReach.
>>
>>318141260
It isn't shit design though. They're both perfectly fine gameplay additions that add to movement and make firefights more interesting.
>>
>>318132363
343 went wrong, They thought a character driven story like Mass Effect was the best thing for Halo, but they didn't understand that when it came to campaign the level design, gameplay, encounters, & vehicle combat is what made the campaign. What 343 needs to understand is that to tell a good story let the environment & characters around Chief tell the story not Chief, he is us the players. Also No more personal stories keep the characters & the story on the bigger picture this is what Bungie understood & what 343 doesn't seem to get.
>>
>>318137701
I miss the days when Master Chief was just a vessel for the players. The same for Samus with Metroid. When Chief & Samus barely talked & were alone Metroid & Halo were better.
>>
Halo 5's campaign has good gameplay but the story is a mess
>>
A barely better campaign than 4, and a very good multiplayer thats more competitive than wacky, so it triggers 3 babbys and 3 babbys are the most vocal faggots in the franchise, so they parrot how bad the game is because they are absolutely awful.

Best MP since 2
>>
I like the amount of collectables and secret super weapons in the campaign, they did a better job of creating replayability than most of the campaigns
Although it could really do with a scoring system
>>
>>318142728
2 is much more fluid to play, the only added difficulty in 5 over 3 or Reach is the aiming acceleration is a shitty mechanic to simulate the finesse of a keyboard and mouse and sucks dick to use on a controller.

They also lowered the aim assist, but bumped the bullet bending up so high it doesn't matter, you can get perfects without ever actually having your reticule on the other player.
>>
>>318142728
343 shill detected. I love how 343 fags talk about how vocal Halo 3 fans are even though Halo 3 fans are the least vocal about anything Halo related.
>>
>>318142978
2 will always be Goat. I just wish they would turn down the aim assist in 5
>>
>>318143051
>Been playing literally since Halo came out
>Love Halo1
>Love Halo2
>Liked Halo3
>Liked ODST
>Disliked Reach
>Hated 4
>Super buttblasted about MCC
>Love Halo 5 MP

Yeah, Im a HUGE 343 shill. Get the fuck out 3 baby. you guys are the fucking worst, especially because you started so late in the series, and you think your opinion means shit. Have fun with your crayola themed floaty shitter catering mess you call Halo 3 multiplayer, while just generally being a huge flaming faggot. Only redeemable thing about 3 is its great customs and okay story.
>>
>>318141359
>ends up sacrificing certain things that made Halo 1-3 special
Care to explain what these "special things" are?
>>
>>318143387
The game having its own identity outside of the name and not just copying COD.
>>
>>318143387
Maps are way too small for the spartan abilities.

Even the recreations of old BTB maps feels insanely small.
>>
File: 2013-01-24_00001.jpg (69 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-24_00001.jpg
69 KB, 1024x768
they tried to make their own halo instead of just continuing to make bungie's halo and their halo was a hot smelly shit
>>
>>318132363
Who fucking cares about people watching people play video games?
>>
File: 7019546_f520.jpg (69 KB, 520x720) Image search: [Google]
7019546_f520.jpg
69 KB, 520x720
>still playing halo after 3

im lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>318132363
Twitch is not an indicator of popularity, twitch's userbase in general is on decline
>>
File: just fuck my series up.jpg (72 KB, 656x335) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my series up.jpg
72 KB, 656x335
>>318134006
because most people agree that 343i fucked up
>>
>>318143816
Is that an actual fact, or is it just from your experience? I would love to see the twitch trend die off.
>>
>>318143932
You'd have to ask twitch, it's either that or everyone is only watching the biggest of streamers. the medium sized streamers and non MOBA/hearthstone/counter strike steams are definitely shrinking
>>
Right now the biggest problem is playlists, or lack thereof.
Adding social playlists would help the game a lot.
>>
File: Meh.....gif (443 KB, 506x516) Image search: [Google]
Meh.....gif
443 KB, 506x516
>>318143387
Nah, too lazy to write a wall for the millionth time. Instead I'll drop you a link so you can educate yourself. This is pertaining mostly to sprint as its the feature that seperates newer halos to older ones the most.
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8686-all-reasons-why-sprint-is-bad-in-halo/
If you want to know more, search, its easy, various topics on this.
>>
>>318144154
That fucking sucks. I actually purposefully try to find the smaller streams whenever I want to watch a stream. I do this because those streams you mentioned are cancer. The smaller streams are usually a lot more chill.
>>
>>318132363
>game actively said it's going to be big on the e-sports scene before launch
>isn't that big
>becomes a joke because of it
Why the fuck didn't they learn from evolve?
>>
>>318132363
>solo queue for Warzone in EU
>hear an American talking over mic
>he solo queued as well

nice
>>
>>318145612
The jackass in that video doesn't know how to follow people. He's looking and following after them, not trying to anticipate where they're going. You dumb niggers just want the game to be dumbed back down so you don't have to think as hard while you play. Git fucking gud
>>
>>318133287
Twitch is dying. You can thank the cam-whores.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.